Tweets V: Tweet and Tower

Comments

• ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Svorai said:
    Aaaaaaaah, Brennan, Damian, worst time ever! (But thank you <3)
    Yeah, that was definitely the best time ever to have massive lag spikes.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    No pre-warning of an event this time, so we kick a domoth upgrade off. Suddenly event, suddenly massive tons of lag, suddenly fun fight becomes not fun when you can't do squat =(

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• I felt like I was infinitely more useful in combat to day whacking people with a shield than I was using my guild skills.

Someone on the other side of the battle tell me if this is right.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Midbies being disfavored because they are helping with events instead of a domoth.

Gotta love it.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    edited April 2013
    Shaddus said:
    Midbies being disfavored because they are helping with events instead of a domoth.

Gotta love it.
    I doubt anyone expected the midbie to help with a Domoth; when I read the disfavour in the logs it comes across to me as the midbie being self-centered and mouthy.

Disclaimer: I have no idea what was actually said, but I will point out that the other people who were doing the event were not disfavoured.

Edit: Nor was there any discussion of such.
    Messaged you a log.

Just saying, the kid is CR1 and has died repeatedly for this ritual. He needs to be taught, not punished because someone got pissed and snapped at him.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
    Shaddus said:
    Messaged you a log.

Just saying, the kid is CR1 and has died repeatedly for this ritual. He needs to be taught, not punished because someone got pissed and snapped at him.
    I'd like to see said log. Either way, I've heard four people sending me tells and complaining about the CDF. Considering that I'm not an obnoxious female loboshigaru when my guildies are concerned, I'd say if said kid wanted something done, said kid could've spoken to me... rather than going and pestering others to do so instead.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
    Elanorwen said:
    Shaddus said:
    Messaged you a log.

I'd like to see said log. Either way, I've heard four people sending me tells and complaining about the CDF. Considering that I'm not an obnoxious female loboshigaru when my guildies are concerned, I'd say if said kid wanted something done, said kid could've spoken to me... rather than going and pestering others to do so instead.
    Kid didn't  pester me. Kid didn't even complain about the disfavor.
    Should've heard the GT conversation then. :P

:D

Either way, it was wrong.
  • Thul said:
    I felt like I was infinitely more useful in combat to day whacking people with a shield than I was using my guild skills.

The stuns from your crazy tae dae strength were so long that I had time to read up, I definitely noticed your change in tactics.
    Wobou said:
    Thul said:
    I felt like I was infinitely more useful in combat to day whacking people with a shield than I was using my guild skills.

The stuns from your crazy tae dae strength were so long that I had time to read up, I definitely noticed your change in tactics.
    Yeah, that thing needs diminishing returns at some point... the 4s+ stun every 6 seconds is ridiculous.

• RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    edited April 2013
    It can be pretty long...Maybe it does need a cap. It's not very typical warriors and other high str people do it though, but with the emergence of Wildewood, it probably will become more widespread.

Thought: We should totally give everyone timewarp when time warps happen, to keep it all in RPs, and have some crazy Halli mob shout about how he screwed up his experiment.
  • Rivius said:
    It can be pretty long...Maybe it does need a cap. It's not very typical warriors and other high str people do it though, but with the emergence of Wildewood, it probably will become more widespread.

Thought: We should totally give everyone timewarp when time warps happen, to keep it all in RPs, and have some crazy Halli mob shout about how he screwed up his experiment.
    I think we occasionally did public posts once thanking people for participation in mandatory tests, or Ileein did once anyway. Now we ( or at least I ) enforce a policy of just blaming all time shenanigans on Ileein by default.

.oO---~---Oo.

"Perfect. Please move quickly to the next post, as the effects of prolonged exposure to the signature are not part of this test."

NARF!

• RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    edited April 2013
    Elanorwen said:
     Considering that I'm not an obnoxious female loboshigaru when my guildies are concerned, I'd say if said kid wanted something done, said kid could've spoken to me... rather than going and pestering others to do so instead.
    Heeeeeeey. Female loboshigarus are the sweetest things under the sun. I hope that's what you meant!!

Also, Tweet: @Malicia I am SOOO sorry for always hitting you in domoths. :'( 
  • Rivius said:
    Elanorwen said:
     Considering that I'm not an obnoxious female loboshigaru when my guildies are concerned, I'd say if said kid wanted something done, said kid could've spoken to me... rather than going and pestering others to do so instead.
    Heeeeeeey. Female loboshigarus are the sweetest things under the son. I hope that's what you meant!!

Also, Tweet: @Malicia I am SOOO sorry for always hitting you in domoths. :'( 
    So rude!  X(

It's alright. That seems to happen now and again when Malarious is in the same room.
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Changing name to Riviuz.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    edited April 2013
    Riviusx

You'd probably have us murdering you so often. :D
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    I've had that momen
    Shaddus said:

Gotta love it.
    He was disfavored because of his attitude. I, personally, don't have a lot of patience for people that log in to alts just to participate in events then give stank attitude over it. But maybe that's just me.
    Celina said:
    I've had that momen
    Shaddus said:

Gotta love it.
    He was disfavored because of his attitude. I, personally, don't have a lot of patience for people that log in to alts just to participate in events then give stank attitude over it. But maybe that's just me.
    Uh, said newbie didn't have an attitude. She helped with the domoth, died a few times (without conglute), and then started helping with the event. Vadi snapped at her, and she replied that she was helping with the ritual, and that her loyalty was with Crow, not a domoth. She wasn't even helping much with the domoth.

I don't know if she's an alt or not, and I don't really care. What I do know is that a young person was working her ass off, and because she phrased something wrong, got disfavoured for it.
  • Now that geochemantics is next, I have a pipe dream of Thax being released along with geo-cyborg-mantics. One can only hope. D:
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    Shaddus said:

Celina said:

I've had that momen

Shaddus said:

Gotta love it.

Uh, said newbie didn't have an attitude. She helped with the domoth, died a few times (without conglute), and then started helping with the event. Vadi snapped at her, and she replied that she was helping with the ritual, and that her loyalty was with Crow, not a domoth. She wasn't even helping much with the domoth.

I don't know if she's an alt or not, and I don't really care. What I do know is that a young person was working her ass off, and because she phrased something wrong, got disfavoured for it.

Actually, said person said she put Crow above the commune, not the domoth.

I don't care about not helping with the domoth, I used to, but have changed my outlook toward it.

That's my rp trigger, we all serve the whole wyrd, not just what we pick and choose out of it. it's pretty straight forward.

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
    Vadi Stormcrow says to Ezrai, "Your lack of service to the commune is noted."

Inkmaster Thul d'Illici says, "...lack of?"

Vadi Stormcrow says, "Yes, lack of."

Ezrai of the Ravenwood says to Vadi, "I'm sorry, I was aiding the Blacktalon and Brennan and Damian.
    "

Ezrai of the Ravenwood says, "My aid is to Crow before a domoth."

Synkarin says, "What are you babbling about?"

Svorai caws at Ezrai, "Nothing, nothing at all, matters but Glomdoring."

Synkarin says, "Crow and the commune are one and the same."

(insert other random people with GBTG)

You say, "Ezrai seems to be working to help the Glomdoring in a seperate venture. Perhaps we might cut her some slack."

Ezrai of the Ravenwood says, "Aye, and thus I stayed to aid Glomdoring through Crow's will."

Druidess Kalia Ysav'rai says, "We are required for Crow, in the Guild hall, offering our life and power, For Crow. How is a domoth more important?"

You say, "And if she fails, we kill her."

Vadi Stormcrow says, "It is clear that she diluted our resources."

Synkarin says, "I can't believe you said that."

You tell Svorai Stormcrow, "Do you require assistance with your needs?"

2013/04/07 03:33:57 - Synkarin communedisfavoured Ezrai for: claiming that his only duty was to Crow,  and not the commmune, if you want to be part of this commune, you will realize that your duty is to it, not just one of it's Spirits.

So, yeah. I can offer an unedited log if you like, but that's the gist of it. Meanwhile, this newb is dying repeatedly to do this ritual, and you're lashing out at her because she thought she could better serve the commune doing this, as oppose to dying in a domoth, praying because she doesn't have conglute, and coming back to die again.

If you want to disfavor her because of a lack of tact, that's fine. Just saying this could have been handled better.
  • edited April 2013
    Shaddus said:

Ezrai of the Ravenwood says to Vadi, "I'm sorry, I was aiding the Blacktalon and Brennan and Damian.
    "

Ezrai of the Ravenwood says, "My aid is to Crow before a domoth."

2013/04/07 03:33:57 - Synkarin communedisfavoured Ezrai for: claiming that his only duty was to Crow,  and not the commmune, if you want to be part of this commune, you will realize that your duty is to it, not just one of it's Spirits.

(Sorry is this quote thing is botched.  I'm terrible at forums.)

I'm also hesitant to put in my two cents, but I have to agree with Shaddus on this.  If this person is new, this is a terrible way to discourage him/her.  She did NOT say that Crow was greater than Glomdoring - she said helping Crow was more important than a domoth.  Something that gives you a little bit of an edge vs. something that is helping to shape his/her guild and commune?  Yea, I think she made the right choice, especially if there wasn't much she could do to help with a domoth.  Losing one web-bot because of a poorly timed domoth and event isn't that big of a deal (clarification: the domoth timing itself wasn't "poor," just that it sucked the event happened to start during it).  It doesn't seem to me that he/she was snapping, either.  Sometimes text comes off differently to different people, though (and that can help be corrected with prefatory phrases - something a true newbie may not know how to use).  Now, there could very well be a slew of other things that happened, but based on the log Shaddus just posted, it really does seem like the kid was just torn between helping a big 'ole group of demigods accrue a small power for her commune or helping her commune through her guild and service to Crow.
  • This sort of thing happens all the time, not sure why we're acting all surprised. I've even been disfavoured for not having enough aethercraft to help bombard. You take your slice of retarded and say thank you, then go do something worth a favour and pretend it never happend.

"But paradise is locked and bolted...

We must make a journey around the world

to see if a back door has perhaps been left open."

-Heinrich Von Kleist, "On the Puppet Theater"

• CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    Ezrai of the Ravenwood (Female Aslaran).
    She is 32 years old, having been born on the 19th of Roarkian, 318 years after the Coming of Estarra.
    She is ranked 835th in Lusternia.

"New."
    Considering you can come out of the portal at 29? Yeah.

Either way, she's CR1, and likely GR1. It could have been handled differently.
  • edited April 2013
    Daedalion said:
    This sort of thing happens all the time, not sure why we're acting all surprised. I've even been disfavoured for not having enough aethercraft to help bombard. You take your slice of retarded silliness and say thank you, then go do something worth a favour and pretend it never happend.
    When it comes to newbies, you don't give them retarded silliness.  You teach them how to avoid it.  Maybe this person doesn't know that much about the Glomdoring quite yet?  This would be the perfect time to strike up some pretty awesome roleplay with a new person.  People say we don't have novice retention.  Lusternia is pretty tight-knit as it is.  Any chance to reach out, take someone's RP-hand, and pull them closer into the group should be looked at as a blessing.  Handing a newbie a disfavour for attempting to be immersed in the world of Lusternian roleplay leaves a bad taste in my mouth :(

[Man, that took a turn for the heavy criticism part.  Sorry - I'm not trying to be all high-and-mighty, even though that seems to be how it sounds.  Just trying to give an outsider's perspective, is all!]

edit: Caught myself using the word retarded for something that isn't actually retarded.  Let's all try to move away from using things like gay and retarded as a pejorative. <3
    Pretty much what Liok said.

inb4 "Don't tell me how to RP", inb4 admin shuts us down.
This discussion has been closed.