the Expedition - a Pokémon Mafia game. (GAME OVER. SYLANDRA WINS. TOWN WINS.)

Comments

• SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    @Ushaara, I want to clarify something about your understanding of Night 1. While yes I have X kill immunities, none of them dropped on Night 1; my attacker, much like Cyndarin's I suspect, was blocked by the earthquake. The psychic part told me that someone malicious had tried to act on me, that's all. I didn't lose any immunities, so I can confirm that the attack didn't connect. The only odd thing is that Cyndarin saw she was attacked despite having no admitted role reason for doing so. But the flavor in this game is at higher levels than normal, and it's possible her role had hidden attributes like mine. So I'm not terribly flummoxed over the oddness.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • UshaaraUshaara Schrödinger's Traitor
    I know I said no more posts, but since I'm still here...

Possible, Sylandra, but I don't believe Kilee's attack was prevented by the quake. Cyndarin specifically mentioned seeing the Darkrai symbol and it making her pass out for the night, which to me reads like that @Kilee's attack was successful, just didn't take for some reason.
    (oops, sorry for unnecessary tagging Kilee!)
    My night message made it specifically clear that it was two, not one. As in it mentioned that two attempts on me were made.

The earthquake stopped the toothbrush murderer.

The darkrai made me pass out or something. I basically saw the symbol and collapsed. I didn't move until the champion came in and got me today.

My day actions are blocked, though it's unclear if it was the darkrai or the earthquake that was the cause. 
    (last post, I swear)
  • I already quoted every post she made about it a few pages back. 

I'm not satisfied with her response but at this point I don't think anything but directly quoting it is gonna satisfy me, so I'm just gone leave that issue where it is for now unless anybody else wants to pick it up.
  • Lehki said:
    Krackenor said:
    To return to the realm of the somewhat more concrete... Cyndarin correctly named my mon. Also, can you go into a bit more detail about your night @Lehki ?
    Well, there's honestly not much more detail I can give that wouldn't be just revealing my role. We've had enough of that today probably, and don't think knowing my power is going to add anything to this conversation yet. But to go over it!

I was able to use my night power this time(yay no earthquake), then I spent time in my cabin with my pokemon before having her use her power, which appeared to be successful, though her target hasn't mentioned anything about it yet. I once again was not the target of any noticeable action. And that's it.

Side note, I was expecting to come back to like another 20 new pages after my shift but there was only 40 new posts! You guys let me down.

Hrm... I'm sorry @Lehki, but based on the the information I have I can only conclude that you are 100% lying. I am a role blocker, and you were my target last night. Neither your trainer action nor Pokemon move could have gone off, but you have claimed to complete both
  • And given your lack of night action, I am concerned you may have some day ability, so Pichu! Use Thunderwave on Lehki!
  • Well this is a development. Too bad I'm about to start work and I am going out tonight. Curse yo social life.

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• Okay, well either your lieing for some reason, or more likely is that your roleblock failed because my power didn't require me leaving my room, though maybe this is why my pokemon's target hasn't mentioned anything. What did the roleblock look like from your end, because I stand by what I said that nobody else appeared to me during the night.
    Ohhhhh! Well if @Krackenor is a roleblocker then it makes sense I wouldn't notice. I don't have any powers I can take during the night. (I was seriously thinking he was the doctor though!)
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • Ushaara's admission of defeat rubs me the wrong way - but he's gone to great lengths to defend himself, and at least try to corner Silvanus...the latter of whom is disproportionately quiet and, as Ushaara said, can't feasibly prove his claim about the Doc. 

Anyway, is it just me or, when Krackenor called out Lehki, the way her post read was frantic, grammatical mistakes I hadn't seen on her posts before. Will assume she's dayUblocked. 

Unvote

Crazy unsure of the Ush/Silv sitch, grabbing popcorn for the Krackenor/Lehki party!
    OH cruel Fate, when wilt thou weary be?
    When satisfied with tormenting me?
    What have I e'er designed, but thou hast crost?
    All that I wished to gain by thee, I've lost:
    From my first infancy, thy spite thou'st shown
    and from my cradle, I've thy malice known...
    Lehki said:
    Okay, well either your lieing for some reason, or more likely is that your roleblock failed because my power didn't require me leaving my room, though maybe this is why my pokemon's target hasn't mentioned anything. What did the roleblock look like from your end, because I stand by what I said that nobody else appeared to me during the night.

Could you name your target? It's possible they did see something but failed to notice its importance.
    Daraius said:
    I'm actually inclined to believe Lehki because I got no text regarding Krackenor's block of me either. Now that might just be due to me not taking an action, mind you, but if we can find out who was targeted we can have a better idea of whether or not Lehki's power was indeed blocked by Krackenor.

Additionally: @Lehki, did you take the same action on Night 1? And was it successful, or blocked? Following that, if it was successful, did you get a message saying so? Testing to see whether or not there's consistency in how your power manifested.
    Daraius said:
  • Note: Lehki says her "pokemon's target"...so unless Krackenor is a poke-blocker...then this might be fruitless...
  • Jk, he says he blocks both like 6 posts up :/ (it's so early)

• Sylandra said:
    Lehki said:
    Okay, well either your lieing for some reason, or more likely is that your roleblock failed because my power didn't require me leaving my room, though maybe this is why my pokemon's target hasn't mentioned anything. What did the roleblock look like from your end, because I stand by what I said that nobody else appeared to me during the night.

Could you name your target? It's possible they did see something but failed to notice its importance.
    I could if pushed. I'm comfortable enough that I can confirm my actions if it comes down to it, but worried it might make a target of me tonight.

Before I admit anything, I wanna ask. What would be the possible point of me lieing about getting role blocked on N2? It's not like we had any high profiles actions missing last night. 

I guess the weird possible, redirect that hit Cen hasn't been reported on yet, but I'm going to claim that wasn't me.
  • Sylandra said:
    I'm actually inclined to believe Lehki because I got no text regarding Krackenor's block of me either. Now that might just be due to me not taking an action, mind you, but if we can find out who was targeted we can have a better idea of whether or not Lehki's power was indeed blocked by Krackenor.

Additionally: @Lehki, did you take the same action on Night 1? And was it successful, or blocked? Following that, if it was successful, did you get a message saying so? Testing to see whether or not there's consistency in how your power manifested.
    First night the earthquake hit me before I could do anything, and was blocked by that.  I guess that block works on me because it goes in the cabin while Krackenor lurks outside like some kinda creep. :p
  • Lehki said:
    Honestly, it was the thought of the bolded part that made me not call you out immediately when you claimed both yours and your Pokemon's action was successful at the start of the day. I did not enter your cabin but instead set up shop outside, and we all know by now that the lettuce matters. But then you said that your pokemon's ability had a target, which means it would have had to leave your room and NOTHING got past me. 

Ultimately, I can only place my trust in the two types of information I have: my flavor text, and my bolded power description. The former clearly states that the night was quiet, and the latter is abundantly clear that I block my target from taking any action, whether trainer-based or pokemon-based, without the addendum of 'unless they don't have to leave their room to do it'. Either you are claiming an immunity to roleblocking for both you and your pokemon, or you're lying.

Vote Lehki
  • But why lie about taking Action when you did nothing?
  • Lehki said:

Sylandra said:
    Lehki said:

I could if pushed. I'm comfortable enough that I can confirm my actions if it comes down to it, but worried it might make a target of me tonight.

Before I admit anything, I wanna ask. What would be the possible point of me lieing about getting role blocked on N2? It's not like we had any high profiles actions missing last night. 

I guess the weird possible, redirect that hit Cen hasn't been reported on yet, but I'm going to claim that wasn't me.
    (hopefully the quote works properly this time) 

I don't think that you lied about not being role blocked when you weren't, I think that you either don't have a night action or didn't use it for whatever nefarious mafia reasons you all came up with. Incidentally, this is why I had Pichu Thunderwave you...if you didn't have a night action the likelihood higher that you have a day action. 
  • Sorry, that reads horribly and I want to clarify. I do not think you knew you were roleblocked because you either do not have or did not use a night action.
  • Dunno what to tell you man, I'm still standing by what I said. 
  • So you're claiming block immunity because you didn't leave your cabin? And your pokemon succeeded because...window?
  • What's the danger in revealing your supposed targets, then?
    No one is asking you to role claim yet, @Lehki. I'm just curious who you targeted. Unless you're concerned because you targeted someone who claimed being targeted at night? In that case I can understand your hesitation but it also makes me suspicious of you by default. We are just trying to confirm whether or not your action went through.

@Krackenor I agree that is questionable, but devil's advocate: I also can think of a few powers where role blocking would be ineffective. In my first ever mafia game I had a power where I could take a post from the dayphase and ask the mod if everything in the post was true or not; I was blocked every night by the mafia, but doing the truth ability still went through because it was an individual action. Lehki's claiming his was targeted though which is odd, admittedly. Not sure how that would fit the umbrella of powers I can think of being unblockable tbh. :-?
    Daraius said:
    Krackenor said:
    Sorry, that reads horribly and I want to clarify. I do not think you knew you were roleblocked because you either do not have or did not use a night action.

Not that I'm trying to court suspicion here, but how is that different from what happened with me on Night 1?
    Daraius said:
  • Like I said, my pokemon's target hasn't mentioned anything so I'm not actually sure it did work. 

Also I realize I said actions instead of action in that other post now, that was a mistake. I can not confirm that my pokemon's move was succesful, I can confirm that my power did.

If more people besides Krackenor find my suspicious, I'll be more straightforward. Keeping quiet about what I did till then.
  • Personally, I'd like to see this straightforwardness, because Krackenor has brought a case against you with evidence, and you're just deflecting. Up to the masses though.
  • Iosion said:
    Personally, I'd like to see this straightforwardness, because Krackenor has brought a case against you with evidence, and you're just deflecting. Up to the masses though.
    I would say more evasive than deflecting, but semantics. 
    I'm confused - is only your Pokemon power targetable? Or are both your Trainer power and Pokemon power targetable?
    Daraius said: