the Expedition - a Pokémon Mafia game. (GAME OVER. SYLANDRA WINS. TOWN WINS.)

Comments

• SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    Right, if it said interrogating, then jailer certainly fits that statement. 

You are gunning really hard for Cynkarin. 

I'm down to lynch you, but we got several more days to discuss.

I'm curious what Thul's answer to Luce's question is.

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • @Ushaara: Why are you fixated on me? You saw me interrogating someone on Night 1. Now, how does that preclude someone else scanning Vivet's Pokemon and feeding the information to Cyndarin? There are 24 people in this game. 

I'll work on getting a comprehensive list of what people have claimed up today. I'm sure we'll need it.
  • ...is Ushaara a jester role. I'm just saying, his argument has been ripped to tiny pieces at this point. 

Your theory at this point is basically Melali both donned a disguise, used a pokedex on Vivet, and jailed a third person all on night 1 and on night two donned another disguise that, for some reason is still me but different, investigated Krackenor's pokemon, then fed me the information sometime today via unknown means. 

It just literally makes no sense at all. 

• He has a legendary pokemon, when most of us have zubats and turtwigs and pumpkaboos. He's manufactured this theory that is just off the wall weird, where as Ushaara is typically pretty pragmatic. I just think there's something off here.
  • PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    Detective Drunk here just chiming in that the Pokeball Ushaara picked during signups literally has a V on it and here he's got Victini (not Vitani, @Synkarin), the V Pokemon. I thought they were supposed to be random?? I don't know if that's releveant to anything we're talking about right now. But it was a thing. treumla please did you lie to me about the randomness factor? You are tearing this family apart
    Well that post was a mess. I think I overindulged and went from "my brain can unlock the secrets" straight into "rambling bum."
  • It was random. If it wasn't, I probably would have gotten Cyndaquil. :(
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    You did get Cyndaquil

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • Well as a trade. :P
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    @Phoebus that is a delightful coincidence I didn't even notice.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • Oh my god you guys posted like nothing when I woke up and while I was at work almost 200 posts. I can't keep up. *swoon*

This whole Ushaara this is super awkward and suspicious. I don't know who to believe, his theory crafting is just.. god where do  I even start. Every theory just grows more and more each time, it's like your role is making you be overly paranoid and create the most outlandish theories possible. At the same time, I do almost wonder if you are a Jester because you seem to both be trying to off Cyndarin and draw a huge amount of attention to yourself, which is almost never healthy in a Mafia game unless you have something that you want people to off you or you get some benefit from.

As to Luce's matchmaking thing, I have no idea why I wouldn't be a match for Sylandra. Maybe she just doesn't like me, most people feel awkward and scared around me because of where I'm from. :(

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• I'm on board for that. I was going to offer as a gesture of good faith, but Sylandra is in a good spot to hold onto it for a while. I don't recall any mistrust for her,
    Ushaara said:
    @Luce I realise I was trying to explain too much and argue against too many people which is why I've toned it down in the post above. That's everything I've observed, barring Weiwae's role, and my reasoning.

I'm not an Executioner, I've just convinced myself that Cyndarin and Melali are scum, and with ~6 killers in play, catching two before I'm offed myself I'll consider a good result.

As I said, that's everything, I'm waiting on Vivet, and if it's not enough to convince people, it's not enough.

Every time I come back to the thread, Ushaara has added yet another killer. I'll give you (from limited experience) that 27 players is a lot, one killer was killed, and there's the chance that many killers remain...but I think @CyndarinAscends has, at this point, called your bluff, so I'm not gonna add to the pandemonium.
    OH cruel Fate, when wilt thou weary be?
    When satisfied with tormenting me?
    What have I e'er designed, but thou hast crost?
    All that I wished to gain by thee, I've lost:
    From my first infancy, thy spite thou'st shown
    and from my cradle, I've thy malice known...
  • Oh, and I forgot. Zubat has Supersonic, which I did allude to with my meme. It can target either a trainer or a pokemon every other night, causing confusion which makes whoever they target a random. It's not something I would ever have used, it has way too much of a chance to backfire and hit town rather than stop a mafia/annoying person from doing Bad Things.

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• That first part of the post wasn't intended to be posted, it became irrelevant while I was writing it, but it remains true nonetheless. Regard or don't, if you will :)
    OH cruel Fate, when wilt thou weary be?
    When satisfied with tormenting me?
    What have I e'er designed, but thou hast crost?
    All that I wished to gain by thee, I've lost:
    From my first infancy, thy spite thou'st shown
    and from my cradle, I've thy malice known...
  • UshaaraUshaara Schrödinger's Traitor
    @Synkarin I'll admit that interrogation could potentially be a flavour fit to jailer. Tremula certainly didn't specify the role explicitly, just that Melali could pull people aside and question them. Because of the mention of interrogation and questioning I understood this to be investigator rather than jailer. Nothing mentioned about observing people being locked up for the questioning, or locked cabins or cells of any kind.

But at the end of this whole confusing affair, both of Silvanus and I claim to have investigated Melali. I had a positive result, with the observation of an interrogation matching Melali's claim of Pokemon Police. Silvanus claimed a negative result.

At the very least, one thing is resulting from this whole mess, this difference between our observations is a valid conflict of accounts.

(have been up since 6 and am wrecked now, so heading to bed. If I'm lynched, I'm lynched. It has been a wild game. Not a jester)
  • Jeez.

Ok, so Melali's innocence seems pretty firmly settled. Jailer is probably among the most strongly Town-aligned powers out there, and I'm comfortable with the confirmations we've seen so far. Ush, on the other hand, has apparently gone nuts.
    Jadice, the Frost Queen says to you, "Constant vigilance."
  • Dylara said:
    Oh, and I forgot. Zubat has Supersonic, which I did allude to with my meme. It can target either a trainer or a pokemon every other night, causing confusion which makes whoever they target a random. It's not something I would ever have used, it has way too much of a chance to backfire and hit town rather than stop a mafia/annoying person from doing Bad Things.
    This sounds like what happened to @Cen on night 1.

Need to catch up on the Ushaara theories and compare my own notes, but at first blush, there are some wackadoo theories.
  • Kalaneya said:
    Dylara said:
    Oh, and I forgot. Zubat has Supersonic, which I did allude to with my meme. It can target either a trainer or a pokemon every other night, causing confusion which makes whoever they target a random. It's not something I would ever have used, it has way too much of a chance to backfire and hit town rather than stop a mafia/annoying person from doing Bad Things.
    This sounds like what happened to @Cen on night 1.

Need to catch up on the Ushaara theories and compare my own notes, but at first blush, there are some wackadoo theories.
    But it was not me who did it! Because zubat can only act during the day for.. reasons I guess. (Silly bat creature)

• VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    Good grief. 208 posts since I was last able to read the thread. I'm not sure if I missed anything really important, but since I did see this...

Vivet owns a Munna.
    True. I would also like to point out that prior to this, the only public knowledge regarding it was that it could put Othero to sleep, and that it evolves via stone. There are a ton of pokémon this could cover - Jigglypuff, Skitty, Gloom, Petilil, etc. Point of the matter is, couldn't have been a lucky guess. Between Krackenor and me, I'm definitely buying Cyndarin's explanations.

Please be leaving my little pink floral-patterned goober alone.

I think Ush is reading way, way too much into my uncertain wording. I was not interrogated. I'm also really uncomfortable with all the roles we've outted in the process.

Can we get a vote count?

• TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    Vote Count remains as they were at last check.

Vote Count -

Ushaara: 3 (Othero, Sylandra, Ushaara)
    Cyndarin: 1 (Ushaara)

With 24 trainers alive, it's 13 to lynch.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • Vivet said:
    Good grief. 208 posts since I was last able to read the thread. I'm not sure if I missed anything really important, but since I did see this...

Vivet owns a Munna.
    True. I would also like to point out that prior to this, the only public knowledge regarding it was that it could put Othero to sleep, and that it evolves via stone. There are a ton of pokémon this could cover - Jigglypuff, Skitty, Gloom, Petilil, etc. Point of the matter is, couldn't have been a lucky guess. Between Krackenor and me, I'm definitely buying Cyndarin's explanations.

Please be leaving my little pink floral-patterned goober alone.

I think Ush is reading way, way too much into my uncertain wording. I was not interrogated. I'm also really uncomfortable with all the roles we've outted in the process.

Can we get a vote count?

Oh my god Munna.  :x

Munna was the first shiny I hatched in X/Y. I named it Butterball.  :x No one had better harm that precious jellybean.
  • Alright alright alright. So, wading through all the nonsense, here's where I'm at.

@Melali is jailer and town, almost definitely.

@Sylandra is probably town.

@Cyndarin is immune to night kills? What's even up with that.

@Ushaara is either incredibly confused, or scummy as all heck. Seriously, even his theories in the NV game didn't come anywhere near this level of unintelligible. I find him highly suspicious after all those posts, almost to the point where I want to vote for him unless a better option presents itself.

Regarding Dylara's zubat's confusion: I'm sure this wasn't it. I'm actually beginning to think that maybe it wasn't a redirect so much as a repel effect..? I'm not sure. Without a direct quote, this is as clear as I can be about what happened N1:

I made my way towards my original target. Before I arrived, I got a foreboding feeling in my gut that discouraged me from continuing towards them. Then I lost control of my body, I was forced to turn around and walk in the opposite direction. I found myself at a completely different person's car, and my night action proceeded as normal without further incident. Then the morning came, I turned to leave, and smacked my head into the door, resulting in a dayblock.

So maybe my original target has some way to prevent people from visiting them during the night. I still think redirect is a distinct possibility, just from the way I was forced somewhere else. If it was a simple repel effect, sure I would have just failed my night action and returned to my own compartment? I dunno.

(And ja, Munna is totally adorable... Google told me so... ahem...)

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]
  • SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    So now that I am home from work and not on mobile, I can type out some feelings on subjects.

Ushaara did have some crazy trip with Alice in Wonderland but it did reveal a lot of information, whether good or bad. My inclination is to generally suspect Ushaara, but that just might be calling him out because he had a hunch on me. If no one else suspicious comes forward, I will vote for Ushaara at this moment. This seemed like stirring the pot for no reason.

Infornation on my role is that my victory condition isthat  I need to have the largest pokedex at game's end. I have two forms of investigation, which I didn't really understand because my investigation on Melali missed on night one. I do have another power, but it is not harmful, it is a way to protect myself. For my investigative powers, I can copy someone's Pokedex, meaning I can take their information and add it to my own which failed on Melali for whatever reason, but my investigation on the trainer itself, the Doctor that was applying help to a screaming patient worked. That could be the difference in why mine and Ushaara's investigation failed. He investigated the trainer, I went to copy Melali's pokedex, or perhaps I had a Grass Pokemon which was hit by the Earthquake and Ushaara does not, but I went to Melali's spot on the train and he was not there. That is all that has happened to me so far, I did not notice anyone approach me. 

Ushaara: Of course, I am more inclined to believe that he guessed to stir the pot and got close enough to bullshit his way to appearing right. I'm a gambling man, and I'd bet that he is mafia, but it is not a sure thing, 70/30, mafia versus town if I had to choose. It just seems like so many things thrown together for a day 2 in a game of 27. If his plan was to stir the pot to reveal roles, I'm afraid it worked.

Cyndarin: I completely believe Cyndy on the role, and I also suspect that there is another out there with a similar win condition or ability to investigate Pokedexes out there like Cyndarin and myself, specifically with a slant towards pokemon and pokedexes. During Red/Blue/Yellow (i'm playing through yellow now) there is always that aide to Prof. Oak that gives you HM abilities, my theory is that there is an Ash out there that gets helped by Cyndarin, while I'm supposed to be an ass, and the mafia just removes you. This is a day 2 theory on a game of 27, so I'm not willing to vote or accuse anyone of anything. I give it a 55/45 chance of being right.

Sylandra: So, I guess this is just how Sylandra is every game. I was the mod for her unveiling in the Los Alamos game, so I saw everything through rose colored glasses. In the Night Vale game, I highly suspected Sylandra the entire way but still worked myself alongside her and her opinion because it was my gut. I think she's been all over the place so far, and it seems odd, but the one thing I do believe her on was the Psychic pokemon. I am hoping to evolve my Kecleon to Psychic to test this ability myself. If I were to bet on Sylandra being town, 66/33, town/mafia(3rd party).

Vivet: I had a hard time following why Vivet was suspect, why is the identity of Munna so important? Do we still suspect a Pokemon can kill? Can anyone point me to where Synkarin or Ushaara explained it? Ushaara said he saw Melali investigate Vivet, I think, and Melali didn't jail Vivet? This left me so confused.

For the Luce swapping: I am very curious about the explanation that should be forthcoming, but I have concluded a reason why Thul can be so sure they might both be town, and I am not sure I want to push that nest. I'll let others push that nest, or if Thul wants to explain he can, but I am alright with letting that issue go for another day. If Luce dies, we can hopefully see his role to confirm him telling the truth or not, or he lives and can provide more information. Seems like a win/win for town.

To sum it up: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
  • The primary thing that makes me uncomfortable with Ushaara's theories is the amount of shit he is literally making up (see: Forewarn) to fit his theories. I think a good theorycraft is excellent to get discussion stimulated but disregarding new evidence that surfaces and instead doubling down on crazypants is akin to some of our very own US Presidential election candidates and that's not a good sign. Not familiar with his play, but hearing how he might be prone to a crazy theory or two, I'm hoping he'll approach this with a clear head tomorrow since Vivet confirmed she wasn't interrogated. As of now, I could get down with lynching him since for whatever reason he's going all in guns blazing for two pretty strong players. 

Beginning also to think the Luce power counts town+third parties as different from pure town. And that there are buckets of town+third parties and/or pure third parties on this train. 

Also @Cen ih8u :( 
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    I'm going to take a wild guess and assume Synkarin thought my pokémon would be Turtwig, and that the reason I'm suggesting Ditto is around is because I have one. Maybe? That's the first feeling I got reading his posts. It is kind of weird that both of our pokémon put people to sleep, after all, but with confuse ray/supersonic around, hypnosis/sleep powder both being in game makes more sense.
  • Krackenor said:
    To return to the realm of the somewhat more concrete... Cyndarin correctly named my mon. Also, can you go into a bit more detail about your night @Lehki ?
    Well, there's honestly not much more detail I can give that wouldn't be just revealing my role. We've had enough of that today probably, and don't think knowing my power is going to add anything to this conversation yet. But to go over it!

I was able to use my night power this time(yay no earthquake), then I spent time in my cabin with my pokemon before having her use her power, which appeared to be successful, though her target hasn't mentioned anything about it yet. I once again was not the target of any noticeable action. And that's it.

Side note, I was expecting to come back to like another 20 new pages after my shift but there was only 40 new posts! You guys let me down.
  • @Ushaara: I agree that Cyndarin's story for the first night sounded rather inconsistent. But pretty much everything else you've theorized has been pretty debunked at this point. We'd have to have like at least Cyndarin, Vivet, Silvanus, Krackenor, and Melali all conspiring in a cover up at this point for this disguiser theory to be true. To me it sounds like you started with some misinformation(confusing interrogator with investigator) and blew everything way out of proportion. Don't think there's much reason to stick to your guns unless you're trying to hold up the conversation for some reason, as clearly pushing it's gonna get you lynched.

The Forewarn theory is also pretty out there, and if it was true, I don't think Cyndarin would have brought what she saw the way she did, better to keep quiet about it and just gather info via the power. The double Victini probably just came from the same thing that got us two pokemon with earthquake on the first phase, probably a Ditto/copycat.

There was one suspicion I had about Makaela/@Weiwae from the previous day, that I'd be curious to see confirmed, if either Ushaara or Weiwae feel like saying what they know.
  • Okay triple post SORRY because this isn't anything important but I've been wanting to ask.

Did anybody else name their Pokemon? @Tremula can confirm naming mine was literally the first thing I said after getting my role PM. I'd share the name but it could possibly give away what my pokemon is even though the pun is not the reason I chose that name. <__<
  • UshaaraUshaara Schrödinger's Traitor
    Hokay, with a good night's sleep behind me and Vivet's investigator being nothing like an interrogation, yep, totally willing to back down on my suspicions about @Melali.

That Tremula was revealing roles along with powers in flavour messages threw me for a loop and I jumped to disguiser establishing alibis for people. Now acknowledging that likely scenario is that role is revealed when there's interaction with a Pokemon and explains why myself and Krackenor haven't been visible to people.

As for Cyndarin, while I buy Sylandra's claim of bulletproof through psychic insight or whatever, I did not (and still don't) like Cyndarin's lack of explanation for surviving Kilee's Darkrai attack. Othero has already shown that saying "Yo, Doctor protected me" reveals nothing about the doctor, but iirc all Cyndarin had to say about it was "I survived somehow" and while there was earthquake confusion all around, presented it as a nightblock, "made me pass out for the night until I was revived by the Champion" or words to that effect. I also -really- didn't like that she knew about my Victini's power. This made her suspicious to me.

@Kalaneya Trying to come up with a reasonable reason for how she knew about my Victini is why I posited Forewarn. There was some talking about Jynx on the forums, I googled, thought her to be a likely pokemon that Tremula would include in the game and noticed that her unevolved form was Smoochum whose passive ability is Forewarn, an ability which reveals a pokemon's best move, and which is exactly what appears to have happened (to me, at least).

Again, I have received no indication of anyone interacting with my pokemon so something psychic is my most reasonable conclusion. If someone else can present a better explanation, I'm all ears. But hey, when you don't have complete information, you have to form theories! A Smoochum that evolves to Jynx out there with Forewarn is mine.

I believe that covers my entire reasoning behind the mess of yesterday.

----

I likely revealed myself as investigator too early, but I was jumpy at the prospect of surviving another night with the number of attackers in play, and believed my suspicions of Cyndarin and Melali enough to risk it, since the reward would be worth it if it paid off.

I may have overplayed, but as I ended with last night, we can see Silvanus has oversold himself. The conflict between our versions of investigating Melali are completely incompatible, Othero found it suspicious that I claimed investigator, but I have at least proven I am one.

To try cover this discrepancy in results, Silvanus is now spinning out his own wacky theories for why his investigation failed, claiming perhaps pokemon protection from the quake. It can't be that Melali had jailed himself away with his target, since even if he had, I had a positive result on him, and it is perhaps the Melali's target only who becomes untargetable. From what we learned on Day 1, the quake seemed to interrupted trainer actions without any regard of pokemon type. His night 2 claims are an untestable Catch-22 scenario, since if true it reveals the doctor.

@Lehki Revealing Weiwae I can do if he's ok with it, or enough people want me to, but it is otherwise a risk mafia will have to try for themselves. (He's not the doctor I'm willing to say at least!)

So finally, my cards are played at this point, my information and reasoning is out there. Added two and two and got nine for Melali I'll admit, still think I may be on to something with Cyndarin and Silvanus though!

I'll Unvote and plan to shut up for today, so no more posts from me, and goodness knows I've got to start reestablishing some trust. Will look back in tonight to see how today developed.