the Expedition - a Pokémon Mafia game. (GAME OVER. SYLANDRA WINS. TOWN WINS.)

Comments

• SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    @Cyndarin has not been defending @Melali at all, @Iosion. Quite the opposite.

@Ushaara if you believe I'm town, why do you doubt my explanation on how @Melali is the jailer? At the very least you would have to agree that Melali's power isn't what you thought it was; it's jailing. You're right that it's unusual that I would know who jailed me but again this is an unusual game. We have matchmakers and creepy girls, after all!

I don't have a read on @Silvanus yet but I put a lot more stock in his investigative abilities than @Ushaara's atm. I tentatively trust Cyndarin based on how forthcoming she's been with information and how pro town her power is.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • Silvanus said:
    i can also confirm Melali as the jailer, they are who I visited on night 1
    You had said your target wasn't at home. I don't think that confirms them as jailer, just they were out using a power, right?
  • @Lehki: The message order I got was 1) toothbrush killer 2) Darkrai symbol on the floor. 3) You are dayblocked. 

@Ushaara: Which version of my answer do you want? 

The town version where I can't explain two separate people's interpretation of two separate flavor texts that I haven't seen?

Or your mafia version where it's actually Melali using a disguise. Only the disguise sucks and sometimes the disguise makes me look one way, and other times it makes me look totally different? 

It appears you're just asking baited questions. Since you conjured this theory off of google, how about you explain how Melali's alleged power makes me look different? Is she just bad at it?
    ^And how does Melali jail someone while also disguising? Seems OP. And entirely unlikely.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • Incidentally, Ushaara still hasn't explained how Melali told me Krackenor's pokemon in the same night Melali found out about it. It's your theory, but you can't even fill in the snorlax size holes in it.

He's deflecting questions with his own impossible to answer questions.

vote: Ushaara
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    Man - I was trying to not be obvious, but I want to know Vivet's pokemon to piece together potentially damning information I have on her. Apparently Cynkarin is officially no longer the Night and fully Fire Jesus because subtlety just goes over her head like a poor joke.

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • @sylandra I was basing that observation off her actions earlier on in the thread, but, I can agree to how that's shifted recently. (Unless my powers of perception are basically nil, which is not an impossibility :P )
    OH cruel Fate, when wilt thou weary be?
    When satisfied with tormenting me?
    What have I e'er designed, but thou hast crost?
    All that I wished to gain by thee, I've lost:
    From my first infancy, thy spite thou'st shown
    and from my cradle, I've thy malice known...
  • Lehki: The message order I got was 1) toothbrush killer 2) Darkrai symbol on the floor. 3) You are dayblocked. 

And what about the champion helping you, seeing the symbol, passing out from it, and the symbol vanishing in sunlight?

And I still can't make sense of why you're dayblocked, unless we really believe that the Darkrai symbol still did that after failing to kill you? 
  • Synkarin said:
    Man - I was trying to not be obvious, but I want to know Vivet's pokemon to piece together potentially damning information I have on her. Apparently Cynkarin is officially no longer the Night and fully Fire Jesus because subtlety just goes over her head like a poor joke.
    I've always been as subtle as a brick to the face. :( 

Vivet owns a Munna.
    Ok - Also I think we have a busdriver or transporter or something.

That would explain why Ushaara went to investiagte Melali, and ended up getting Celina's information, leading to this huge disguiser claim.

I think there's strong evidence that we have a copycat/ditto power out there as well (did Magnitude the first night, Vitani thing the second night). 

I'm comfortable with Cyndarin's claim as well as Melali's role (both confirmed by multiple people now) and they seem to both be innocent at this point. 

I don't think Ushaara is scum, just really confused. 

I do think that Luce going over his actions would lead us in a good direction.

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    It's been a day anyway.

N1 - Iosion and Thul are incompatible
    N2 - Sylandra and Dylara are incompatible

• So does that mean one of each pair is mafia and one is town?
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Or one is third party, or they're in two different mafia pools.
  • Okay, Unvote
    Or third party I imagine.
    Daraius said:
    Just means they are not on the same team right?

How comfortable do we feel about Sylandra being town?

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
    edited July 2016
    I mean Dylara did have a zubat with a potential supersonic to confuse any actions on people.....

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
    oh Shit, I'm sorry, I capitalized the D on dylara in my edit. MY BAD

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • @Synkarin does now knowing Vivet's Pokemon help with your "damning evidence"? Munna is definitely a poke that puts people to sleep, if that helps.
  • I'm not comfortable with either Dylara or Sylandra right now. I'm not sure I buy Luce's power, mind.

What do we have on @Iosion?
  • Do we even know anything about Thul? On mobile so gonna retrace his comments momentarily.
  • Lol! Luce's power is gonna be fun :|
    I'll make this simpler for you. I have a limited amount of kill immunities. Whether or not you trust me, lynching me won't do anyone any good today. You're welcome to test that if you like but it won't get us any new information.

I don't know enough about @Dylara to comment on if I think she's scum or not. I'd rather lynch Ushaara who was been making wild and inappropriate accusations.
    Daraius said:
  • Thul said:
    I'm not comfortable with either Dylara or Sylandra right now. I'm not sure I buy Luce's power, mind.

What do we have on @Iosion?
    Does it make you uncomfortable to not be paired with me? Why don't you not "buy Luce's power"?
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    Synkarin said:
    oh Shit, I'm sorry, I capitalized the D on dylara in my edit. MY BAD
    You're lucky I saw the post in question beforehand. I'll let you off this time.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • @Luce, did you note any differences in the failure messages between day one and two?
  • Wow, okay. Over 100 posts.

Anyway, yes, I am a Jailer, as a member of the Pokemon Police Department. I jailed Sylandra last night. And I also jailed someone else on Night 1. There are a few more quirks about my power than simply Jailing, but I really don't want to divulge it to the Mafia if I don't have to. One of those quirks is the reason why Sylandra knows that I jailed her last night, and the person whom I Jailed on Night 1 also knows that I jailed them.

Anyway, I have had no interaction in the night with Vivet, Krackenor, or Cyndarin. No interaction at all, really.

I'm going to go back over this mess and see if I can't lay everything out. I do sort of think Ushaara is extremely confused, but I also think that Cyndarin is suspicious. I'll come back once I've made some sense, or if someone really wants me to answer something.
  • (i am enligsh mager)
  • Lehki said:
    Lehki: The message order I got was 1) toothbrush killer 2) Darkrai symbol on the floor. 3) You are dayblocked. 

And what about the champion helping you, seeing the symbol, passing out from it, and the symbol vanishing in sunlight?

And I still can't make sense of why you're dayblocked, unless we really believe that the Darkrai symbol still did that after failing to kill you? 
    That was all in the paragraph regarding the Darkrai symbol. 

So nothing said THIS CAUSED YOUR DAYBLOCK. I just assumed chronological order. 

• LuceLuce Fox Populi

Thul said:
    @Luce, did you note any differences in the failure messages between day one and two?
    Distinctly different, yes. It feels like it's pure fluff, which is what I was leaning to at the end of yesterday. Unless someone can link Victorian architecture and Persian wells to a faction.

And if you can, then the fluff from the night before isn't quite so fluffy and is a strong lead.

Not that I'll survive the night.