the Expedition - a Pokémon Mafia game. (GAME OVER. SYLANDRA WINS. TOWN WINS.)

Comments

• PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances

Luce said:
    Huh...So Pumkpaboo is both blocker and unblocker. If you're taking a night action, you won't. if you aren't taking a night action, but have one available, you will.
    That's, uh...weird. How does it pick who gets targeted if it causes a targeted ability to be set off? Is it just random...? If it hits a vig who decided not to act or something, do they wake up confused as to why they murdered a random person? ?_?
  • Phoebus said:

Luce said:
    Huh...So Pumkpaboo is both blocker and unblocker. If you're taking a night action, you won't. if you aren't taking a night action, but have one available, you will.
    That's, uh...weird. How does it pick who gets targeted if it causes a targeted ability to be set off? Is it just random...? If it hits a vig who decided not to act or something, do they wake up confused as to why they murdered a random person? ?_?
    Why do you think I got rid of it! Blocker would have been solid but blocker with the chance to unblock and force random actions was not something I wanted. Imagine if I had confuse ray'd the vig, and the vig killed a townie. I'd be incriminated when everyone found out pumpkaboo was mine. 

I was happy to give that ugly thing away.
  • Okay I was completely off because that's a weird as fuck power. But why were you trying to use that on Sandshrew?  I think we're lucky we didn't have one go off in the night again. =/
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    So..because you took a night action, pumpkaboo didn't do anything?

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • UshaaraUshaara Schrödinger's Traitor

Ushaara said:
    Or I was jailed. I think I might have been jailed since I didn't get any message about actually acting on Rolsand. 

I can't tell. Protected or jailed is what the message came across as. Some kind of "burning V" hit me in the chest and I was certain I'd survive the night. 
    So you're claimed both to have investigated Krackenor and attacked Rolsand, but didn't get a message for Rolsand because you were potentially jailed, but somehow this didn't affect your result on Krackenor? I think your lies are catching up to you!

Uh. I immediately retracted the jailing comment,. I thought jailing was a possibility because I didn't see anything about Pumpkaboo failing or succeeding. However, I retracted it because my pokedex check went through on. 

How is it catching up to me if I immediately said "nevermind, I wasn't jailed." 
    Oh I guess I wasn't jailed. NVM that. 

I rate your mafia experience & intelligence much more highly than being able to even think for a second that you were jailed when, if as you say, you -had- successfully investigated Krackenor.

Nope, still not buying it.
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    So, I'm pretty heavily suspicious of Cyndarin now. I'm not positive I want to lynch for it, but I'm a generally cautious person who decides these things slowly.

Recall that Cyndarin claimed to attack Sandshrew without receiving a success or failure message last night. Cyndarin has also claimed to have a Pumpkaboo.

Herein lies my problem. I know both of the pokemon that attacked Sandshrew last night. Neither of them were Pumpkaboo. I'm wary of identifying them by name because that gives the mafia targeting information, but I can if people want me to.

So unless I missed something in the mass of posts, we have a lie from Cyndarin. And it's a lie that's really good for covering up an aggressive pokemon attack against someone else. It lined up with what I had claimed, and only one other person (me) could maybe have information to contest it. After all, Rolsand wasn't around to say exactly what happened to Sandshrew.
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    Man. Between Ushaara's conspiracy theorist-tier speculation that I can barely follow along with and the atypical powers we've got flying around, I'm considering walking to the liquor store today, because I think I need to be drunk to unlock the part of my brain that can understand what is even happening anymore. :-/ I'm so lost.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Apparently having a fever helps. I could give you mine if you want. Limited time offer.
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Ushaara's claim of being investigator seems very...ill-timed. Why announce that now, unless you found a certain scum result? If anything it sounds like this theory crafting of Ushaara's is even more dangerous than people posed Melali's was earlier; seems like it's making odd leaps and promising to distract the town on a merry chase.

I do believe Cyndarin's claim, particularly since both Vivet and Krackenor saw her act. She's also proven it by naming Krackenor's Pokemon. Honestly he's been remarkably straightforward throughout.

Only reason I can figure anyone would be trying to shut her up at this point is because they don't want her figuring out their Pokemon? :-?
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
    Well - why don't we have @Melali confirm/deny Ushaara's investigation.

Additionally - did Ushaara investigate anyone else?

I think here's the biggest drawback. Celina specifically mentioned the burning V for Vitani, Ushaara's admitted pokemon's power. This was unprompted from Ushaara - it was in reference to her original thought of jailing, but we know now it was just a protection thing. I think this information is throwing people off.

What I think happened is that @Lehki is right - someone here does have a copycat/ditto type power, and the first night, they copied Rolsand's sandshrew, which resulted in Magnitude. Last night, they copied Ushaara's Vitani - which resulted in Celina getting the protection.

Here's my biggest question. Celina investigated Vivet's pokemon night one. She ideally knows who it is. Her pokemon wouldn't happen to be the one that hit Krackenor last night would it? Sylveon?

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
    Wait did Ushaara claim to have investigated Melali? I missed that.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
    He said he believes Melali is the real pokedex investigator.

Which since both Vivet and Krackenor confirmed Celina's appearances - I think that makes Melali more suspicious.

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
    I'm announcing it now because I believe I -have- found two certain scum results, and don't know if I'll survive another night with potentially 5 killers on the loose.

Night 1: Investigated Melali since he was MVP of the last game. Saw him interrogating a stranger. Based on Vivet's reveal in the Day phase, believe that Melali investigated Vivet. Vivet believes that she was investigated by Cynkarin. Look back and you'll see that she was confused by claimed actions of her perceived investigator.

Questions,

Why would Cynkarin appear so differently to Vivet and Krackenor? Why even specify explicitly that it is Cynkarin visiting when all other visits are anonymous? This fits with my belief that it is actually Melali disguised, and to give an alibi to Cynkarin.

Portius confirms Cynkarin is lying about attacking Sandshrew. Why bother lying about this unless you're hiding something else?

Why would she portray Kilee's Darkrai attack as a block, other than to hide she has nightkill immunity?

Cynkarin can confirm powers because, guess what, she's part of a mafia team and they have powers too and communicate with each other. If I'm right about the Forewarn revealing my Victory Star, with Melali as investigator, they are learning two pokemon identities a night.

I investigated Makaela last night, since I couldn't get a read on him from the day phase. Just my luck he got replaced with Weiwae! In this case, I believe it's better that I don't reveal the result.
  • Ushaara said:

Ushaara said:
    Or I was jailed. I think I might have been jailed since I didn't get any message about actually acting on Rolsand. 

I can't tell. Protected or jailed is what the message came across as. Some kind of "burning V" hit me in the chest and I was certain I'd survive the night. 
    So you're claimed both to have investigated Krackenor and attacked Rolsand, but didn't get a message for Rolsand because you were potentially jailed, but somehow this didn't affect your result on Krackenor? I think your lies are catching up to you!

Uh. I immediately retracted the jailing comment,. I thought jailing was a possibility because I didn't see anything about Pumpkaboo failing or succeeding. However, I retracted it because my pokedex check went through on. 

I rate your mafia experience & intelligence much more highly than being able to even think for a second that you were jailed when, if as you say, you -had- successfully investigated Krackenor.

Vote: Usharaara This is a really rough attempt to pin blame on anyone and screams scummy at me. Cyndarin told us what they did last night, Krackenor confirmed it. I can tell you right now I watched Krckenor and saw Cyndarin visit him and scan his pokemon. I can also confirm he was attacked by a Sylveon. Also you just dropped investigator as your role with no prompting on the day you learn we have a doctor. #scummyashell
    @Melali - what do you have to say about being seen interrogating a stranger?

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
    Anyway, simple risk reward of your two options.

Believe Ushaara and lynch Cynkarin?
    a) Cynkarin + Melali are confirmed scum. Iosion & Silvanus both under suspicion.
    b) Town loses a pokemon investigator. Can off wacky Ushaara and his crack pot theories during night/next day phase..

• Ushaara said:
    And if I was put on spot, would say I onion and Silva us for other mafia based on their actions today.

Anyhow will give more detail this evening when not on phone.

I haven't done anything today... :( Once I'm done with these meetings, I'll catch up and respond as needed
    OH cruel Fate, when wilt thou weary be?
    When satisfied with tormenting me?
    What have I e'er designed, but thou hast crost?
    All that I wished to gain by thee, I've lost:
    From my first infancy, thy spite thou'st shown
    and from my cradle, I've thy malice known...
  • @Ushaara Cyndarin was able to say what Krackenor's pokemon was though(I'm assuming, he hasn't confirmed yet) If what you're say was true, whoever was supposedly disguised as Cyndarin wouldn't have had a chance to tell her the results of last nights investigations, would they? They would have needed some kind of coded day message in what was publicly said today to pass that info along already. =/
  • That being said, going back over everything Cyndarin said on day1, she is starting to seem kind of suspicious to me. Particularly in regards to the Darkrai attack, something seems off. I'll try to put together something with everything she said about it.
    Well. I can tell you now that Ushaara's crazy theory is wrong for a few reasons but I want @Melali to talk first.
    Daraius said:
  • Sylandra said:
    Ushaara's claim of being investigator seems very...ill-timed. Why announce that now, unless you found a certain scum result? If anything it sounds like this theory crafting of Ushaara's is even more dangerous than people posed Melali's was earlier; seems like it's making odd leaps and promising to distract the town on a merry chase.

I do believe Cyndarin's claim, particularly since both Vivet and Krackenor saw her act. She's also proven it by naming Krackenor's Pokemon. Honestly he's been remarkably straightforward throughout.

Only reason I can figure anyone would be trying to shut her up at this point is because they don't want her figuring out their Pokemon? :-?

But Portius has caught cyndarin in a pretty bad lie.
    I also want to point out that if Ushaata was right and Cyndarin and Melali were on the same team, Cyndarin did a great job throwing Melali on the chopping block without any prompting.
    Daraius said:
  • Weiwae said:
    Sylandra said:

But Portius has caught cyndarin in a pretty bad lie.
    No he hasn't. You don't know this. Portius -says- he caught Cyndarin in a lie with no real information about that lie. Once we learn about the pokemon that did attack we'll know if it was a lie or not from Cyndarin. But right now Portius just says he caught Cyndarin in a lie.
    Othero said:
    Ushaara said:

Ushaara said:

Vote: Usharaara This is a really rough attempt to pin blame on anyone and screams scummy at me. Cyndarin told us what they did last night, Krackenor confirmed it. I can tell you right now I watched Krckenor and saw Cyndarin visit him and scan his pokemon. I can also confirm he was attacked by a Sylveon. Also you just dropped investigator as your role with no prompting on the day you learn we have a doctor. #scummyashell
    I can't say with 100% certainty why you saw Cyndarin, but again I believe it to be because you were seeing someone in disguise!

Also, if Cyndarin doesn't flip scum, I'm not asking for the doctor to protect me. I'd deserve to be offed for spouting these crazy theories to the detriment of town.

I am positive that she will flip scum though, and the doctor can then choose if they want to protect me or not!
  • Lehki said:
    Okay I was completely off because that's a weird as fuck power. But why were you trying to use that on Sandshrew?  I think we're lucky we didn't have one go off in the night again. =/
    No no, I just attacked Sandshrew. We can attack without using a power. Gain exp and take out the sandshrew. 
    Synkarin said:
    So..because you took a night action, pumpkaboo didn't do anything?
    No. My pokemon and my pokedex are independent. I assume pumpkaboo didn't do anything because Sandshrew/Rolsand died. Maybe whoever got to them got their action in before me, I have no idea. I didn't get any kind of message one way or the other, as I said.

Also no, Vivet's pokemon is not Sylveon. 

I don't understand Ushaara's entire line of reasoning. Why would I like about attacking Sandshrew? Why would I then lie about not getting a message as part of my lie? Rolsand died. I could've just said I attacked Sandshrew (no one knew I had pumpkaboo at that point), or just kept my mouth shut and said nothing. 
    Why are you trying so hard to remove the only person in this game who can verify Pokemon and their powers? That's an incredibly useful skill considering Pokemon powers aren't revealed on death!
    Daraius said:
    Sylandra said:
    I also want to point out that if Ushaata was right and Cyndarin and Melali were on the same team, Cyndarin did a great job throwing Melali on the chopping block without any prompting.
    This is a common tactic to distance yourself from being perceived as acting in concert. Melali was under no threat of being lynched at the time.

Furthermore, if I was scum, I confirmed Melali as investigator Night 1, before anyone else knew any good reason to guard him or watch him. He would have been a prime target to off last night.

With 27 people playing I believed more than one investigator would be absolutely reasonable and kept quiet. It is only because of Cynkarin's lies and claims today that I now believe he is also scum and am coming forward!
  • Lehki said:
    Okay I was completely off because that's a weird as fuck power. But why were you trying to use that on Sandshrew?  I think we're lucky we didn't have one go off in the night again. =/
    No no, I just attacked Sandshrew. We can attack without using a power. Gain exp and take out the sandshrew. 
    Wait really? That's not how I'd been understanding battles this whole time.

@Tremula, could you confirm that?
    If you want to test that out Sylandra tonight, if I'm not investigating the trainer, I can choose to investigate their pokemon. I just saw more benefit in investigating trainers since as has been pointed out, random assignment of pokemon to trainers!

• PS. Stop calling me CYNKARIN.

*EYE*