the Expedition - a Pokémon Mafia game. (GAME OVER. SYLANDRA WINS. TOWN WINS.)

Comments

• KaimanahiKaimanahi The One True Queen
    Also yes, I'm quite sure that Kalaneya and I had the same visitor on Nights 1 and 2, respectively, though I'm not sure what that person was really doing with my Pokemon. It seemed like innocent play, but I don't think its power was revealed, which makes me think something else could have happened without my notice since Cyndarin's ability seems to identify Pokemon and also be diagnostic. @Kalaneya, have you noticed anything amiss with your Pokemon since your encounter?
  • I haven't noticed anything unusual with my Pokemon. You?

Also if your name starts with K and has 4 syllables, watch out for the Pokemon player. (this was a joke)
  • KaimanahiKaimanahi The One True Queen
    No, I didn't see anything, was just wondering.
  • SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    Okay so I must have missed something, but what was with the suspicion towards Melali? Was it because of his use of Deino on day one where it wasn't needed?

Also, I had no idea if Rolsand was telling the truth or not, so I wouldn't go out and say it was entirely obvious. To be fair, I had no idea what he was doing in this game or the previous game, and I thought he played both similar (and last game he was a serial killer, so?). I can't fault anyone for anything Rolsand related, I was even tempted to put him to sleep for 10-30 posts.

I am curious about Cyndarin's power, it does seem like a lackluster power in a 27-person game, my question is if you have any other third party victory condition or any allusion to any other characters in your role? Originally, on day 1, you lied about your role, was that just to cover up your role/power?

And regarding my grabbing of Kecleon - I could not risk any Mafia player grabbing it with the powers that Kilee may have suggested, it just seemed like too big of a risk to leave it out there. ALso, Turtwig, although a new favorite of mine in the new generations, doesn't seem like that important of a Pokemon when there are Legendaries about.

If you want to find out what I did last night and night one, I am more than happy to share, but I do not want to give away too much information towards the Mafia because I have been unlucky so far and I think sharing my info would help mafia more than it would town.

If I can: Kecleon, I choose you! Transform!
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
  • I don't recall lying about anything but we're 54 pages in, so maybe. 

My power is vanilla pokemon investigation. That's all my revealing, and I only did so because I felt Ushaara was going down a weird/possibly dangerous to town path.
  • I'm in the middle of re-reading the thread and compiling notes, and pretty sure you did not ever say anything about your role, yeah.

Though if you wouldn't mind, Cyndrain, could you go over what happened to you the first night? 
    Oh I am sorry, you did not lie, you just didn't want to reveal, my fault. It's so hard to follow everything. I suppose I could understand that, I still do not want to reveal either unless forced like yourself.

And yeah, Ushaara comes up with some crock pot theories, better to get in front of it.
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
  • Also wanted to hear @Sylandra and @Synkarin's stories again, if we could. <_<
  • Sure @Lehki

First let me say that I agree to Luce's trade. My Pumpkaboo for his Cyndaquil.

This will reveal that the mysterious pumpkaboo is mine, and I did use it to target Synkarin. For no other reason than I like to harass my e-husband. I'll leave the power reveal to Luce, but it's not all that useful.

The first night I scanned Vivet's pokemon, my Pumpkaboo used its power on Synkarin.

As I was returning to my room, I heard a yelp and turned around to see a sharpen toothbrush on the floor but I did not see the person.

When I entered the room, I saw a symbol of Darkrai on the floor which appears to have triggered a block of any day powers I might've had (I don't have any, but I got the message anyways). 

• SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    LOL I'd get rid of Zubat too. Poor @Dylara.
    Lehki said:
    Also wanted to hear @Sylandra and @Synkarin's stories again, if we could. <_<

Which story? Goodness knows a lot has happened!
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
    Omg the old draft my post stuck around oops sorry for repeating Zubat mockery.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • Oh, I should be clear that a tremor caused the toothbrush dude to yelp and run away.

The Darkrai symbol vanished when sunlight hit it. The message seems to imply it somehow tried to kill me and failed, though I'm not entirely sure how. 
  • And finally:

YAAAAS CYNDAQUIL. YAAAAAAAAS
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    edited July 2016
    His eyes crossed and bulging slightly as he stares at his new owner, it takes Kecleon a moment before he complies. His green skin ripples and is temporarily translucent before he turns a muddy brown, scales hardening like stone as his claws shrink closer together akin to the head of a drill. He flecks his tongue in and out, and even someone who had never seen a Kecleon could see that he is clearly a Rock-type now.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    Mod Check on @CyndarinAscends and @Luce: agree with this post if you're still good to trade Pokemon. 
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • Sylandra said:
    LOL I'd get rid of Zubat too. Poor Dylara.

Which story? Goodness knows a lot has happened!
    Yeah that's why I wanted to hear it again. xD First night was a mess. I've got like, around 150 lines of notes and I'm not even done with the first day. 

@CyndarinAscends: Oh you had the Pumpkaboo. Wanted to hear from Synkarin because I had another guess on what it did, I guess I'll just wait and see what Luce says then. <_<
    Sometimes you just have to make sure your pokemon responds to its new owner. always on the hunt to expand my pokedex.

I will say, for any aspiring combatants out there, I will be transforming during the night.
  • Checking in with another Pokemon list:

Pumpkaboo (Cyndarin, soon to be Luce?) - unknown
    Purrloin (unknown) - dayblocker
    Kecleon (Silvanus) - Transform to another type
    Victini (unknown) - Victory Star (protects x number of people)
    Deino (Melali) - Intimidate (cancels an ability during the day)
    Cyndaquil (Luce, soon to be Celina?) - unknown
    Sylveon (unknown) - maybe Moonblast, fills you with "dread"

Unclaimed Pokemon
    Turtwig - Sleep for a certain number of posts
    Sandshrew - Magnitude (random blocker)
    Zubat, poor sweet Zubat

Speculated Pokemon
    another Pokemon that can do Turtwig's Sleep ability
    something that does what is presumably Sweet Scent
    Ditto or some kind of skill Copycat
    Ah a report of every night then. Will do, @Lehki, but Night One was a doozy and I'd rather not type it from mobile. Will post from laptop when I get back from an outing.
    Daraius said:
    Quick question: do traded Pokemon gain experience faster? And do they have a chance of disobeying new owners?
    Daraius said:
  • Sylandra said:
    Ah a report of every night then. Will do, @Lehki, but Night One was a doozy and I'd rather not type it from mobile. Will post from laptop when I get back from an outing.
    Yeh no rush, I'm going to bed soon anyway.
  • UshaaraUshaara Schrödinger's Traitor
    Oh, so that's not the name I would have called alright, but at the same time I think it fills some gaps I was having.

It's 6am over here and I've an early start, so will respond later today, but as Thul put it so aptly, let's not forget Cyndarin has Transcendent Bluff skills.

I like high stakes, I'll call your bluff!
    Alright so Cyndarin does not want to explain the Pumpkaboo's power but we are left with the question if it's worth protecting or preventing falling into the hands of the mafia? I believe Luce admitted to a third party win somewhere like 30 pages ago, and he's about to inherit what may be a strong power. Just some follow up questions to the trade.
  • Silvanus said:
    Alright so Cyndarin does not want to explain the Pumpkaboo's power but we are left with the question if it's worth protecting or preventing falling into the hands of the mafia? I believe Luce admitted to a third party win somewhere like 30 pages ago, and he's about to inherit what may be a strong power. Just some follow up questions to the trade.
    Yeah and he explained his win condition, and he has a power that'll be really good for town as the game goes on. Give him chance to tell us what it is before you start panicing. :P

@Ushaara: Wait, what is she bluffing on?
  • What Pumpkaboo's power is, to be clear. Bluh
  • I am already making my popcorn for the Ushaara v Cyndaquil face-off.

Luce's power is quite strong for town. He also said he was a friend or invite from Alec before the post-night 2 reveal that this was a real thing, so I'm inclined to think he's coming clean. 
  • UshaaraUshaara Schrödinger's Traitor
    It's too in depth to go into by phone, but my counter is she is claiming someone else's power and there's a Tailor in play. Will also mean I have to dig back into the thread to get quotes. Just give me the time! It'll come!

I'm forced into a reveal, but I think in this case the reward outweighs the risk, since it'll give us at least two mafia.
    I must've missed it in a re-read at work outside of the third party reveal, anyone able to guesstimate the page number before I begin re-reading?
  • Okay, I'm here! And I have a question.

Did anyone experience the loss of control over their body that I described on N1? I haven't seen any mention of it yet for this day phase. I'm not sure what that could mean--the Witch decided not to act? The Witch was blocked?

• Ushaara said:
    It's too in depth to go into by phone, but my counter is she is claiming someone else's power and there's a Tailor in play. Will also mean I have to dig back into the thread to get quotes. Just give me the time! It'll come!

I'm forced into a reveal, but I think in this case the reward outweighs the risk, since it'll give us at least two mafia.
    I think Vivet and Krackenor have confirmed her power though. <_<

Unless they're all in on it?