the Expedition - a Pokémon Mafia game. (GAME OVER. SYLANDRA WINS. TOWN WINS.)

Comments

• Okay, was just worried about the Sandshrew getting back out there without us knowing who had it. Too dangerous in scum hands to stay hidden.
  • Wait. Who has Cyndaquil. I WILL TRADE YOU MY LIFE.
  • here, about to go to work, will post later
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    As Silvanus boldly makes his claim, he hands his pokeball to Champion Alec. The champion rises to his feet and pulls another ball from his pocket, turning to the machine and placing each on their own pedestal. A faint hum can be heard as the machine powers to life, and after the screen flashes, the Champion begins mashing buttons furiously. He pulls a trainer card from his pocket and swipes it on the left pedestal, and nods at Silvanus to do the same on the right. On the screen, a Kecleon appears on the left, and a Turtwig on the right. He flips one final switch, and the two Pokemon cross the screen and pass each other. Alec nods at Silvanus to take his ball and pockets the new one.

The (Available) Champion Pool has been updated:

Turtwig, Sandshrew.

* * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • UshaaraUshaara Schrödinger's Traitor
    (Okay I am back and furiously reading before I have to tuck-in for the night. And ooh Trading!)
  • What did Turtwig do, by the way. 
  • So Silvanus, can you clear up with Kecleon actually does for us now? 
  • Silvanus, can you please expound on Kecleon's abilities? Mainly, whether or not Shadow Sneak, or whatever it was, is actually a Pokemon power? And if it is, what it does? I"m pretty sure that this ability is a point of suspicion with many people. Of course, if you feel that it would be detrimental for the Town if the Mafia know of what the ability does, feel free to decline explaining.

You may also explain Turtwig's ability, if you want others to trade their Pokemon for it.
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    I'm pretty ok with my Pokemon tbh. I really want to see how people come out with trading though! So many mysteries unveiled. :o
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • I would like to trade my pokemon for Turtwig.

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    Turtwig causes sleep for 10 to 30 posts. Kecleon has no other ability outside of the transforming ability already shown, which can be done day and night.
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
  • Dylara, when it is revealed what your Pokemon is, would you feel comfortable sharing what ability it has? It would help people decide whether or not to trade for it, but only if you're comfortable and you don't want the Mafia to know.
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    Dylara is the next to step forward to trade her Pokemon, and Alec repeats the procedure. After both have swiped the appropriate trainer cards, it is a Zubat on the right, and Turtwig on the left, who pass across the machine's screen before settling in their new balls. Alec nods, and the transfer is complete.

The (Available) Champion Pool has been updated:

Zubat, Sandshrew.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • I will think on it.

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    LOL I'd get rid of Zubat too. Poor @Dylara.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • I know right?!

• Silvanus said:
    Turtwig causes sleep for 10 to 30 posts. Kecleon has no other ability outside of the transforming ability already shown, which can be done day and night.
    I guess having the choice to change type at night makes it not a totally useless skill, but that's still really weak compared to other Pokemon we've seen. =/
  • Like seriously you guys are going on about your suckmons and I was sitting on a god damn zubat.

• Dylara said:
    Like seriously you guys are going on about your suckmons and I was sitting on a god damn zubat.
    Zubat is an adorable eyeless baby who deserves to be loved! D:
  • What's so bad about Zubat?

Also, Lehki, transforming is more useful than 10 to 30 posts of sleep.
  • What's zubat do
  • crossover,Pokémon,zubat,movies,world war z

~X(

• Melali said:
    What's so bad about Zubat?

Also, Lehki, transforming is more useful than 10 to 30 posts of sleep.
    It could potetinally be useful if Kecleon needed XP in order to evolve(which it can't). Before anybody knew if it was, if you could maybe guess what people were going to attack with if they were going after you, maybe it could have a use, barely. And now that it's known that Kecleon has that power(and only that power) there's 0 reason to ever go after it, making the power entirely pointless.

• KaimanahiKaimanahi The One True Queen
    I'm happy with my Pokemon, but.. (in little mermaid voice) I waaant moooooooore! Please to bring on capturing event. :D
  • Sylandra said:
    I'm pretty ok with my Pokemon tbh. I really want to see how people come out with trading though! So many mysteries unveiled. :o
    Agreed, I'm content with mine as well, so I'll sit this one out-- aside from the information we're receiving! Which is good information.
    Jadice, the Frost Queen says to you, "Constant vigilance."
  • Dylara said:

~X(
  • caterpie,caves,Memes,pikachu,supersonic,zubat

• VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    Despite how annoying they were in Gen I, I actually like the Zubat line - Crobat is pretty slick and versatile.

I'm not interested in trading at all. Despite the fact my pokémon's power is pretty useless, it's too adorable to trade away!

• UshaaraUshaara Schrödinger's Traitor
    Hokay so, the theorycrafting gears have started to turn.

Few things to catch up on & questions to ask. Sorry to bring things back a few pages.

@Luce: I wasn't suggesting that you glimpsed what I saw. The 'you' in that post was aimed at Cyndarin. I was asking you (Luce) if you had paired me and her with your matchmaking thing, as still somewhat baffled how she glimpsed what was happening to me. I'm not buying the two Victinis or multitarget theory, but there's perhaps potential in the Copycat ability theory suggested by someone I can't remember without diving back into the thread.

@CyndarinAscends: Did you see anything about my trainer action result along with the Victini protect?

@Krackenor: You've preempted a question I was going to ask the group, and damn how'd I'd like a private way of asking you, but before you name people, I'd like one attempt at naming the person before you reveal them yourself. If it matches what you (& Vivet?) saw, I think I have a theory with some merit. Though if I'm wrong, it could backfire badly, so do need some time to consider alternative scenarios and get my metaphorical ducks in a row. And not only that, it is very early to start pushing a lynch. If there's a lull in progress I'll revisit this.

More Speculative:
    @Everyone: Did Rolsand pass his doll on to anyone? If not, that -could- potentially explain the poisoning along with bludgeoning. I'm thinking bludgeoning = truncheon = town vigilante, and this seems to match with what Portius saw, so am thinking that he may not have passed the doll off, and poison doll is flavour for him failing his personal mission thing. ie. if he didn't pass it off to someone, getting bludgeoned may have caused the doll to explode or whatever and he poisoned himself. Not sure if people agree with this theory, but goddamn if Tremula started us with 6 killing groups/individuals to worry about... But do think he would have mentioned an attack if it happened on Night 1 when he was in tell-all save-my-own-skin mode.

Lastly, now also doubting that Toothbrush & Hair Dryer are same person. Potentially members of mafia group who don't want us living in harmony with the land since these seem like symbols of cities/modernity/etc rather than natural living. Though come on, Champion Alec, basic hygiene if that is the case? You don't want us brushing our teeth?

I'm sure there's more, and there's probably been 100 posts while I've been writing this, but coming up on 2am here so I need to get some shut-eye.

• LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Man, it's too bad Cyndarin jumped the gun on that unknown Pokémon. I'm assuming someone out there has a Cyndaquil, and it's too perfect. Also, if you have Sunkern, surreptitiously offer Synkarin a trade...