the Expedition - a Pokémon Mafia game. (GAME OVER. SYLANDRA WINS. TOWN WINS.)

Comments

• @Ushaara How do I know Krackenor's pokemon if Melali is the investigator? That has been verified as a Night 2 action by Krackenor. When did he have the time to tell me?

• SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    Sylandra - maybe I missed it, but you haven't proven how he's wrong other than to say he's wrong and Melali is not what Ushaara says he is. Please do so!

Also @Cynkarin - Who is Vivet's pokemon. I find it weird that you outed Krackenor's but haven't outed Vivets. 

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • UshaaraUshaara Schrödinger's Traitor
    Again, if I am right, there is disguiser in play and this could perhaps explain some conflicting pieces of evidence, but since I am completely unaware of what you know, all I have to go on are the results of my own investigations. 

Cen described something that appeared to be a redirect, but I had no evidence any of my investigations were redirected and thus simply believe my results. That's why I'm committed!
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Uh...Outing Vivet's wouldn't really prove anything that outing Krackenor's pokemon already would have. And it would put Vivet's pokemon in unnecessary danger.
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Goddamn, sorry @Melali but this would come out anyway and I think @Lehki is figuring this out anyhow.

@Melali is the jailer. Just like how Vivet and Krackenor could see Cyndarin approach them, I saw Melali approach me and lead me to an empty cabin to be safe for the night. Pyschic aura was distinctly positive and friendly and safe, indicating not scum. The interrogating in the empty cabin is the flavor text.

Happy?
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
    I've posited a theory based on how you were able to describe my Victini's power.

There's a power in play that is perhaps, or very similar to, Smoochum's Forewarn. This revealed my Pokemon's power to you and explains why you couldn't understand it properly, having to infer everything from the flavour.

I believe one of your mafia minions could have specified both a target and a receiver.
    eg.

FOREWARN CYNDARIN ABOUT USHAARA

so you see my pokemon's best (and at this stage only) ability, ie. the Victory Star.

This could of course also be used to confuse people as to just what powers are acting on them during the night.
  • Synkarin said:
    Sylandra - maybe I missed it, but you haven't proven how he's wrong other than to say he's wrong and Melali is not what Ushaara says he is. Please do so!

Also @Cynkarin - Who is Vivet's pokemon. I find it weird that you outed Krackenor's but haven't outed Vivets. 
    Well I outed Krackenor's because I was using it as evidence to refute Ushaara's whole premise. That I'm not an investigator at all. Outing Vivet's does nothing to disprove that, as we've had night 2 since then and, under Ushaara's theory, Melali would've just told me the results on night 2. No such opportunity for Krackenor.
    Ok Sylandra, if I'm right about there being a disguiser, again, can you explain specifically why the jailer is being named when you know that this is uncommon for role to be revealed with the power? You didn't see Krackenor on Night 1, right?
    At this point, I'll say that I had @Thul totally pegged as the jailer, so if they could maybe chime in?
  • @Ushaara, wholly incorrect.
    Huh, well that was purely inferred from you saying you knew why you weren't affected by the quake on Day 1. But hmmm. I still don't understand why roles are being revealed with powers, without something like a disguiser mechanic being in play!
  • SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    i can also confirm Melali as the jailer, they are who I visited on night 1
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
    Well if I'm right about you and Iosion, you would back up Melali! So pinch of salt with that claim please!
    @Sylandra I believe you are town, so before writing me off, really consider scenarios of why Melali's name was specifically revealed to you.
  • So the mafia is what...me, Iosion, Melali, Silvanus, and Sylandra?

@Cyndarin why did you appear so differently to Vivet & Krackenor?
  • Sylandra said:
    Goddamn, sorry @Melali but this would come out anyway and I think @Lehki is figuring this out anyhow.

@Melali is the jailer. Just like how Vivet and Krackenor could see Cyndarin approach them, I saw Melali approach me and lead me to an empty cabin to be safe for the night. Pyschic aura was distinctly positive and friendly and safe, indicating not scum. The interrogating in the empty cabin is the flavor text.

Happy?
    I was actually totally wrong in my guess actually, whoops.
    So the mafia is what...me, Iosion, Melali, Silvanus, and Sylandra?

Not Sylandra, but the other four of you I'd be willing to place a bet on, yep.

Admittedly it's only a hunch for Silvanus and Iosion but

Iosion was commenting about Victory Star affecting both you and I, but only fished for my role. Believe this to be a slip up because she already knows what yours is!

Silvanus for trying to shut down any theory-crafting. Earlier, arguing the opposite to Rolsand about how theory-crafting helped town win in the Night Vale game.

I realise my reveal and claims were a gamble, but on what -my- night actions have revealed, I am committed.
  • Jesus. This thread is ridiculous.

Anyway, I'm not really sure why I'm under suspicion...other than Ushaara saying "if I was put on the spot, I'd say Iosion and Silvanus for their actions today"...personally, I haven't taken any actions today.

@Ushaara, please present what evidence you have naming me, I'm ridiculously interested (and if you're going off me "bandwagoning" lynch votes during last Day phase, I was admittedly one of the ones who was convinced, perhaps unnecessarily so, that my Rolsand vote was negated by his willingness to participate in the Intimidate experiment. I'm new to Mafia and didn't (and still don't) understand why that was such a bad thing).

I really wish I had more happen over night, because I can't really help with confirming or denying anything at this point; this, though, is ridiculous (and I'm not defending Cyndarin, I've been suspicious of her and her defense of Melali since the beginning):
    Ushaara said:
    I've posited a theory based on how you were able to describe my Victini's power.

There's a power in play that is perhaps, or very similar to, Smoochum's Forewarn. This revealed my Pokemon's power to you and explains why you couldn't understand it properly, having to infer everything from the flavour.

I believe one of your mafia minions could have specified both a target and a receiver.
    eg.

FOREWARN CYNDARIN ABOUT USHAARA

so you see my pokemon's best (and at this stage only) ability, ie. the Victory Star.

This could of course also be used to confuse people as to just what powers are acting on them during the night.
    Going to re-read from page 52 because it's verging on reading Chinese for me!
    OH cruel Fate, when wilt thou weary be?
    When satisfied with tormenting me?
    What have I e'er designed, but thou hast crost?
    All that I wished to gain by thee, I've lost:
    From my first infancy, thy spite thou'st shown
    and from my cradle, I've thy malice known...
  • @Ushaara you mean my theory that something used Copycat instead of Transform? It's that incriminating? Oi vey.
    Iosion said:
    Wait - both @Ushaara and @CyndarinAscends were blocked via Victory Star? Do we have any info on Ushaara's role?

So double backstabbing, double Victory Star? Wut.
    Nope this one. As I say above, only a hunch for now, but read like you were pure fishing for info, and I found it curious why Cyndarin escaped your interest.
  • SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    Wait where was I shutting down theory crafters? I was asking follow up questions to figure it out.
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
    Silvanus said:

And yeah, Ushaara comes up with some crock pot theories, better to get in front of it.
    ^
    Anyhow, I've to head out for a bit, so will ease up with the posting. Hopefully how I described @Vivet's investigator as interrogative will mesh with her perception of it.

Would appreciate you holding off a lynch in the mean time!
  • Okay, I went back and looked at a lot of Cyndarin's post when Ushaara first started pointing at her, and something does seem off to me. 

First comment on page 6. Somebody tried to stab her with a toothbrush, Sees Darkrai symbol on floor, is day blocked. At this quite a few people have been talking about the quake and day block
    Well I was attacked twice and somehow survived. 

Someone tried to stab me with a sharpened toothbrush and my day actions were also blocked. I saw a Darkrai symbol laying on the floor. I think we were all mass blocked somehow rather than like...3 people having identical blocking abilities with different pokemon.
    Page 9, comment on toothbrush murder fits with what she said before, though she didn't earlier specify that the earthquake stopped them. Says the Darkrai symbol made her pass out, and she didn't move again till the Champion came to help her. Quite a few other people have mentioned the champion helping them out after the quake.  And she's unclear if it was the Darkrai symbol or quake that blocked her. 
    My night message made it specifically clear that it was two, not one. As in it mentioned that two attempts on me were made.

The earthquake stopped the toothbrush murderer.

The darkrai made me pass out or something. I basically saw the symbol and collapsed. I didn't move until the champion came in and got me today.

My day actions are blocked, though it's unclear if it was the darkrai or the earthquake that was the cause. 
    Page 27: Says she heard toothbrush murder get knocked around by the quake, saw shank on ground after. This comment was made in response to Synlandra revealing the only reason she knew about her failed attackers was because of her psychic powers.

Sylandra: Oh, I just heard him/her get banged around by the tremor, and then I saw the tooth brush shank on the ground. No psychic powers. (I WISH though, Sabrina was always the cold, ice-y psychic bitch I wanted to be as an imaginary pokemon master. I use alakazam in X and Y just to fulfill my dreams even though he's kind of trash).
    Page 53: Says she investigated Vivet. Then on way back to room, hears a yelp and then sees the toothbrush on the floor. Then gets back to room and sees Darkrai symbol on floor. Says it's seems to have triggered a day block on her. In her next post she follows up that it was earthquake that knocked the guy around, and that the Darkrai symbol vanished in the sunlight(we all knew about this bit from the mod post where we found it). Says the messages implies the symbol tried to kill her somehow and failed. 
    Sure Lehki. 

First let me say that I agree to Luce's trade. My Pumpkaboo for his Cyndaquil.

This will reveal that the mysterious pumpkaboo is mine, and I did use it to target Synkarin. For no other reason than I like to harass my e-husband. I'll leave the power reveal to Luce, but it's not all that useful.

The first night I scanned Vivet's pokemon, my Pumpkaboo used its power on Synkarin.

As I was returning to my room, I heard a yelp and turned around to see a sharpen toothbrush on the floor but I did not see the person.

When I entered the room, I saw a symbol of Darkrai on the floor which appears to have triggered a block of any day powers I might've had (I don't have any, but I got the message anyways). 

Oh, I should be clear that a tremor caused the toothbrush dude to yelp and run away.

The Darkrai symbol vanished when sunlight hit it. The message seems to imply it somehow tried to kill me and failed, though I'm not entirely sure how. 

The stuff with toothbrush guy seems consistent to me, but her reports about Darkrai are reading like a mess to me.

First off, the confusion about what dayblocked her. She mentions it not being made clear what was the source of the dayblocking, the quake or the Darkrai symbol. We know now that the Darkrai symbol was the serial killer's kill method, so it doesn't really make sense for that to be the dayblock, and when the quake blocked me, it was pretty explicit that was the reason, and it seemed to be for most of the other people that was hit by it.  So why is she dayblocked?

Now her description of the Darkrai attack. First she says she saw it on the floor, and that it made her pass out until the Champion came to help her. Later, she says when she saw it that it somehow trigger dayblock, and then vanished in the sunlight, which we saw happen in the mod post. No mention of passing out or the Champion. The vanishing in the sunlight was an interesting bit of flavour that she hadn't brought up until after we all saw it in the mod post.

Now I don't know if this means that she's a night immune godfather, but it smells very fishy to me. =/
  • Ushaara. do you wear a tinfoil hat? Do you think the CIA is involved in this at all? Your "theory" is dependent on an ability that you made out of whole cloth. We've had no evidence that there is a someone who can disguise themselves. You have no proof beyond telling us the things we can confirm happened are actually a lie and there must be a disguise. To then back this up you picked a random pokemon power and decided that it must exist and must be so complicated to back up everything you think happened. Which again, you have no proof of.
    Ushaara said:
    @Cyndarin why did you appear so differently to Vivet & Krackenor?
    Bumping this for emphasis and a requested answer again.
  • @Ushaara because Cyndarin was under no suspicion at the time? I also have my own thoughts about Cyndarin that have only become exponentially twisted by these last few pages.

Also, the positing of double backstab, double V-star was just a mental segue into my suggestion that there's a Copycat move out there someone.

Going to hold off theorizing before I can try to logicize the most recent comments.

(Aaaand this is why people actually take notes...jiminy crumpets).

@Othero If town waited for there to be sufficient evidence before lynching, mafia would likely win everytime. We have seen evidence of potentially 6 killers.

Sometimes you have to go with just your suspicions and best information.

Cyndarin and Melali as scum is mine.

(and really out this time)
  • Vote: Ushaara

This is absolutely subject to change, but this reminds of that chaos-causing Norse god-thing in the Gods and Monsters mafia game. Their role is to cause chaos. Simple. Ushaara's theories have done nothing but add new, unreliable, and, honestly, confusing information to an already batshit insane game...and they keep coming.

This is not done out of the fact that he is naming as mafia for simply (justifiably) speculating on the existence of a pokemon move, but also naming Silvanus for a laughable reason (see above), and throwing in role after role that lend to pandemonium.

Totally open for discussion here.