the Expedition - a Pokémon Mafia game. (GAME OVER. SYLANDRA WINS. TOWN WINS.)

Comments

• Synkarin said:
    A lynch on Sylandra would also put pressure on/remove pressure entirely on Dylara because of Luce's power as an aside. 
    Not necessarily; there could still be multiple scum factions, though that's definitely something to keep in mind.
    Jadice, the Frost Queen says to you, "Constant vigilance."
  • Krackenor said:
    Before we get too wrapped up in Ushaara again...@Lehki you've done nothing to convince anyone you're telling the truth; the fact that you MIGHT know Kalanaya's pokemon can be explained via mafia conversations during Night 2 and every claim has been an evasion or deflection without telling us anything. Ushaara may be a crackpot theorist, but I still believe you have explaining to do.
    To convince you, you mean. You said so yourself that you were slightly worried about what the flavor implied for your role block when I never left my room. Is it really so hard to believe that with how odd and flavour heavy this game has been so far that there might be a power  that can avoid certain blocks? Just as an example of weirdness, we were already speculating on day one that magnitude was more of unique "interrupt" than a block since it was revealing failed actions to targets. I'm ready to see all kinds of weirdness.

And I know this is still being evasive, but like I said, I don't want to reveal my role details yet. I only mentioned Kalaneya's Pokemon because if I do decide to explain I'd need to show that I had that info before it was public knowledge to lend me some credibility.

That being said, that exchange between Ushaara and Weiwae actually has me considering saying more but I'm waiting to see how this Sylandra mess goes.
  • Actually about Sylandra, if her entire roll is passive, including her Pokemon, how is she actually helpful to town now that she's revealed that? Scum can just avoid going after her directly and her powers will never come into play. I feel like she's bluffing about something or misplayed revealing so much about her role this early.

But hey, if I'm wrong about that maybe my statement here will get scum to think she's bluffing to and end up triggering her powers.
  • (woo another triple post, sorry) Hold up again actually
    Sylandra said:
    Well that's interesting. Someone targeted me last night for a kill, too, but I escaped when the earthquake struck. Didn't get as involved flavor text as Cyndarin though--generic running for my life.

So two killers at least, yeah?
    @Sylandra why'd you phrase it like that?
  • Lehki said:
    Krackenor said:
    Before we get too wrapped up in Ushaara again...@Lehki you've done nothing to convince anyone you're telling the truth; the fact that you MIGHT know Kalanaya's pokemon can be explained via mafia conversations during Night 2 and every claim has been an evasion or deflection without telling us anything. Ushaara may be a crackpot theorist, but I still believe you have explaining to do.
    To convince you, you mean. You said so yourself that you were slightly worried about what the flavor implied for your role block when I never left my room. Is it really so hard to believe that with how odd and flavour heavy this game has been so far that there might be a power  that can avoid certain blocks? Just as an example of weirdness, we were already speculating on day one that magnitude was more of unique "interrupt" than a block since it was revealing failed actions to targets. I'm ready to see all kinds of weirdness.

And I know this is still being evasive, but like I said, I don't want to reveal my role details yet. I only mentioned Kalaneya's Pokemon because if I do decide to explain I'd need to show that I had that info before it was public knowledge to lend me some credibility.

That being said, that exchange between Ushaara and Weiwae actually has me considering saying more but I'm waiting to see how this Sylandra mess goes.

Yes, and as I already explained, my ability blocks any action; I'm not questioning its veracity. Further, your claim that your targeted Pokemon action was successful means that I'm not done with you yet

• Lehki said:
    Actually about Sylandra, if her entire roll is passive, including her Pokemon, how is she actually helpful to town now that she's revealed that?

She contributes to town by sharing information and by voting for scum. Lynching town for being passive is dumb. Not saying she's definitely town, just saying this doesn't make much sense.

Still prefer an Ushaara lynch over the other suspects.

• UshaaraUshaara Schrödinger's Traitor
    @sylandra definitely not an OMGUS since you've had your vote on me for a while now. My last role of the dice? Sure, you can call it that.

@Town you will never have complete information in this game, you have to take a risk at some point. However much you may dislike how I played today, if I'm right we have confirmed three scum. If I'm wrong you lose someone who would not be able to give you any new information as we progress, other than at best, 'I was attacked'.

And I have presented a testable scenario, Othero just thought it would reveal too much information. Though since I believe everyone to be able to activate their pokemon, I'd disagree, but hey I realise I don't have people's trust after my misguided accusation of Melali
    (Out and about today, will look in again tonight)
  • Krackenor said:
    Lehki said:
    Krackenor said:
    Before we get too wrapped up in Ushaara again...Lehki you've done nothing to convince anyone you're telling the truth; the fact that you MIGHT know Kalanaya's pokemon can be explained via mafia conversations during Night 2 and every claim has been an evasion or deflection without telling us anything. Ushaara may be a crackpot theorist, but I still believe you have explaining to do.

Yes, and as I already explained, my ability blocks any action; I'm not questioning its veracity. Further, your claim that your targeted Pokemon action was successful means that I'm not done with you yet
    If you recall, I said it appeared to be successful. And according to Melai, it actually wasn't succesful.
    Lehki said:
    I was able to use my night power this time(yay no earthquake), then I spent time in my cabin with my pokemon before having her use her power, which appeared to be successful, though her target hasn't mentioned anything about it yet. I once again was not the target of any noticeable action. And that's it.
    I'm kind of a hypocrite because I said awhile back that people shouldn't be so worried about damage this early on, but I've been kind of tight lipped about my pokemon because I didn't want anybody going after my precious baby.

To give just a little more detail, she waved her hands, there was a glow, and then she gave me a satisfied look, so she actually didn't leave the cabin either. I was quiet because pokemon experts can probably recognize what that move is, and if you know what move that is, you know what type my pokemon most likely is.
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Synkarin said:
    A lynch on Sylandra would also put pressure on/remove pressure entirely on Dylara because of Luce's power as an aside. 

This assumes 1) Luce is telling the truth and 2) You would have to kill Dylara, not me. I won't die if you lynch me today, so you won't learn anything about my role, alignment, etc. Lynching me today is a dead end.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
    I thought you claimed bulletproof rather than lynch proof?
  • Cen said:

Lehki said:
    Actually about Sylandra, if her entire roll is passive, including her Pokemon, how is she actually helpful to town now that she's revealed that?

She contributes to town by sharing information and by voting for scum. Lynching town for being passive is dumb. Not saying she's definitely town, just saying this doesn't make much sense.

Still prefer an Ushaara lynch over the other suspects.

I'm not saying lynch her for being passive. I'm saying revealing her entirely passive nature on day 2 was either a bad move or suspicious one to me.
  • To be clearer, I think everybody giving up so much role info this early on has been generally bad for town. Sylandra's case just sticks out to me because it can render how powers useless since they're easy to play around once you know them, other powers knowing who has them still doesn't make it so easy to counter.
  • @Lehki : How convenient. So you ARE claiming block immunity for both you and your Pokemon
    Lehki said:
    Actually about Sylandra, if her entire roll is passive, including her Pokemon, how is she actually helpful to town now that she's revealed that? Scum can just avoid going after her directly and her powers will never come into play. I feel like she's bluffing about something or misplayed revealing so much about her role this early.

But hey, if I'm wrong about that maybe my statement here will get scum to think she's bluffing to and end up triggering her powers.

This is such a misconception. By that logic, vanilla players can also never be useful to town, which is simply not true. I'm not even vanilla, actually! I've revealed lots about myself compared to some of my close-lipped comrades. I talk a lot; if I'm lying it will inevitably show. But I'm being cooperative at least, which is something you and Ushaara both have struggled with thus far.
    Ushaara said:
    I thought you claimed bulletproof rather than lynch proof?

Kill immunity. I've used that phrasing consistently. Works for lynches and night kills alike.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • I guess I am? Just from my end of things, neither me or my pokemon needed to leave the cabin this night, and we didn't notice your presence at all.

Again, why would I have bluffed about this in the first place? 

If I'm scum, and me and my pokemon got blocked on night 2, the obvious play is just admit "I got blocked again tonight, couldn't do anything." There's hardly suspicious at all this early on, especially since we saw multiple killers were still out and about during the night.
  • @Sylandra "Useful to town" was a bad way to put it I'll admit, sorry. I still stand by claiming an entirely passive role to be oddity, though.
    Lehki said:
    To be clearer, I think everybody giving up so much role info this early on has been generally bad for town. Sylandra's case just sticks out to me because it can render how powers useless since they're easy to play around once you know them, other powers knowing who has them still doesn't make it so easy to counter.

If you think revealing this much has been bad for town, the reason that so much has been revealed is mainly thanks to @Ushaara and his wacky theory crafting. If you have a problem with it, why hasn't he been on your radar? Instead you jumped on me the moment Ushaara dangled a new target in the thread to evade suspicion. And you took it and ran with it.

Sounds like an "oddity" to me.
    Daraius said:
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    Lehki keeps dodging. We need to put more pressure on him.

I've voted for him, lets get some others.

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    edited July 2016
    Sorry if the formatting is off, everyone, I'm on holiday with my mum until Thursday/ Friday and have to do everything from mobile. Will slowly edit this post to include necessary info, please have patience. 

Othero glances at Sylandra before tossing his pokeball out and saying, "Go, Croagunk, use Poison Sting on Sylandra's Pokemon !" It is met with curiosity, as her Pokemon still resides in its pokeball, but just as the small amphibian emerges, it spreads its cheeks wide and launches hundreds of glowing, purple needles from its mouth. Unflinching, Sylandra stands perfectly still, watching them near her. At the last second, her pokeball opens on her belt, and her Honedge blocks the entirety of the barrage without a dent visible on it. 

Honedge is not poisoned, play continues as normal. 

@Phoebus I'll do my best to write up something more comprehensive today, but as I said, holiday. Once everything is in the open, I beg you all to remember I have knowledge you don't still, everything is correct, and I don't want to have to be heavy-handed with mod power.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
    Surprise I have a Honedge. Shock and gasp from all present.
    Daraius said:
  • Well, that didn't prove anything either way.
    It proves you're determined to get info out of me, @Lehki, which is something you yourself said we have been doing too much of. I'm now in a weaker position, much weaker than you suggested I made myself earlier with "bad play." Honedge is a very defense oriented Pokemon, it's part Ghost type, and no one has claimed being attacked or visited by a Honedge thus far. It doesn't conflict with anything I have claimed.

Here's a thought you two keep curiously forgetting. I was jailed last night and we can count 5 kill attempts. So I'm definitely not one of the night's killers. Why is Ushaara picking me of all people to focus on? And why are you joining him? Statistically the odds are far more likely that one of the un-blocked players are mafia, as at least five of them tried to kill.

@Lehki are you trying to get me to change my vote from Ushaara to you or something?
    Daraius said:
  • Okay I'm going to go with my gut and just try something reckless. There's a chance somebody was just trying to mess with my head on N1 with his which is what I suspected, and nothing will happen and I'll just explain myself fully if that's the case. If I'm right though it's gonna be hella impressive.

Sylandra, would you like an Eevee?

((I swear to god @Tremula, you and your god damn headgames. If nothing is about to happen immediately could you at least confirm that so I'm not sitting around twiddling my thumbs waiting to see?))
    I'm not trusting your ass with a Pokemon with an insane amount of resistances and immunities to various Pokemon types. Hell no.
    Daraius said:
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    When that guy evolves she's going to have one HELL of a defensive powerhouse with Kings Guard, presumably.

Still suspicious as hell about Ush, but I'm going to Vote: Lekhi to get more pressure on him. Dodge is not a mechanic in Pokemon!
    Lehki did you perform a power or did you propose a trade. If you proposed a power I have a very sinking feeling about this. Someone needs to dayblock him.
    Daraius said:
    Wait did Krackenor already dayblock him? In which case he can't perform a power.
    Daraius said:
  • Tremula confirmed nothing's going to happen right now so might as well explain myself. Gimme a minute to type up the post.
    "Right now"? Because it looked for a hot minute like you were gonna force us to trade Pokemon.
    Daraius said: