the Expedition - a Pokémon Mafia game. (GAME OVER. SYLANDRA WINS. TOWN WINS.)

Comments

• I'm not sure how the questions are supposed to help seeing as how we know nothing about Alec to begin with.
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Throw a Pokeball at both and see which one gets sucked in.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
    @Vivet voting to lynch Alec was clearly a missed opportunity.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    Tremula said:
    The sun beats down on the scrubland as you all turn towards Champion Alec, though several of you continue milling about Ushaara in an impatient attempt to discover where his true loyalties lie. It seems ages that a staring contest is held between you and him, though he never seems to need to blink despite the sun rising well into the sky. 

Um...Did you just mod confirm Ushaara is a sun cultist? >_>;

Also, which Alec is 1 and which one is 2? Is Alec 1 the first one we saw today, orrr...? Kind of important to make that clear.
    Kalaneya said:
    I'm not sure how the questions are supposed to help seeing as how we know nothing about Alec to begin with.
    And that.

I think I'm just going to ask him if he's had the sword this whole time. That's the only difference I've really seen. Yesterday's emo champ had no sword, today's stabby champ has one. Gonna guess evil is stab.

Obviously the easiest method would be the classic move of "Zoroarksayswhat?" and then he says what, and you point and him and make a smug face, but we're limited to yes or no questions. Wait, wouldn't it be easier to just ask "did you just try to stab someone?" or "are you actually a Pokemon?" I'm assuming he has to tell the truth, and the answer has to be yes or no, so...yeah. Ok. Problem solved, maybe. Think we're allowed to do that?

This is really more of a pain than anything. I wish we would've lynched Ushaara and been done with it instead of waiting for this, heh.
    Lehki said:

Like I've said, there's no inherently evil pokemon.
    And like I've said, that's totally baloney. There are totally canon evil Pokemon.
  • Re: who is Alec 1 and who is Alec 2, well, that doesn't matter. They both tumbled around, so we don't know which is which (if we did, it'd be pretty easy, since it seemed pretty clear that the first one we saw was Z-thing).

Also, I assume that they're not actually obliged to tell the truth. If they were, then this would be extremely simple; "Are you actually Alec?". Rather, assume that both will do their best to assure us that they're the real Alec, no matter if they are or not.
    Ssaliss said:
    Re: who is Alec 1 and who is Alec 2, well, that doesn't matter. They both tumbled around, so we don't know which is which (if we did, it'd be pretty easy, since it seemed pretty clear that the first one we saw was Z-thing).

Also, I assume that they're not actually obliged to tell the truth. If they were, then this would be extremely simple; "Are you actually Alec?". Rather, assume that both will do their best to assure us that they're the real Alec, no matter if they are or not.
    If they aren't obligated to tell the truth, and it doesn't matter which is which, then the event would have no point. I'd rather believe it does matter and they do have to tell the truth, because this is a game.

I suppose we'll get answers labeled as being from Alec 1 and Alec 2 when we ask, and that's how we'll tell them apart, but it still took a minute before I thought of that because I was too distracted by the idea only showing up once it was instructing us on how to vote.
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    edited July 2016
    @Phoebus Zoro-Alec wasn't blinking. No mod-confirms here.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
    What is the consequence for voting the wrong Alec anyway?

Either way think I solved it. Asked the Alec if I joined him for the reasons outlined in the character role.

Alec #1 caught on to what I was talking about.

Alec #2 looked confused then vaguely was like yeah sure.

SO I THINK IT IS SAFE TO SAY, Alec #1 is real and Alec #2 is our imposter.
    Daraius said:
    Sylandra said:

Zoro-Alec has tried to kill people, Alec kept him from doing it. Knock out Alec instead of Zoro-Alec and who knows who might die?

Tremula said:
    @Phoebus Zoro-Alec wasn't blinking. No mod-confirms here.
    Oh, ok. That wasn't very clear.

Ok, uh, why do we have to ask questions to figure this out, again? Their behavior is markedly different. Zoro doesn't blink and tries to stab people and makes creepy facial expressions.
  • Considering the questions are directly directed at Alec1 and Alec2 (as far as I understood it, we get one question to each), then yeah, obviously Alec1 and Alec2 will have specific (and followable) answers.

Further, we might not want to send in all questions at once, since follow-up questions can be rather important here. I'm definitely fine with holding off on asking until I've seen some answers first.

• Sylandra said:

Either way think I solved it. Asked the Alec if I joined him for the reasons outlined in the character role.

I don't think Tremula would make it this easy on us. 

Sylandra said:

So the questions have to be yes or no questions, but you got answers that weren't just yes or no? :|
  • Oh, yeah. I did not ask a yes or no question and got answers from both
    Okay you can make this more complicated if you want, @Lehki, but I'm going to ride the easy train.

Vote Alec #2 for Shaymin fodder.

Let me know guys if the Alecs do something weird that counteracts that but I'm happy enough to vote.

(PS: So mad that we can apparently ask not yes/no questions! I would have made mine more specific. V_V)
    Daraius said:
  • I'm actually not sure. I asked both of them why I was here and neither have me an answer that matched my flavor text exactly but 2 gave me a more detailed answer.
    Weird, #1 gave me a much more detailed answer.
    Daraius said:
  • Could you both quote your PM's? After all, Tremula specifically said that it was allowed.
  • I'm... pretty baffled honestly. (Still think offing Ushaara and ending the day early would have been the better way to go)

*goes off to reread wiki entry on the Z-thing and try to come up with reasonable questions*

Not sure it's in my interest to quote mine. Sorry. I'll consider it later but I'd rather not drop that on the table right now.

And in retrospect, #1 isn't detailed as much as it's more straightforward. #1 spoke with more certainty and clarity than #2 for me. #2 acted confused and disoriented, which I took to mean #2 is lying. I guess Alec could just be a confused little Bambi in struck dumb in the headlights, but the vagueness and confusion made me think #2 was making crap up.

Shrug. Maybe Alec really is just a confused Bambi in headlights.
    Daraius said:
    (Since I did change the rules and didn't change the post fast enough, @Sylandra is allowed one extra set of questions as an apology.)

@Tremula
    Sorry, pinging to ask for clarification before I commit to a question. Does it have to be a yes or no question, or not? If you've already given Othero a response to something that wasn't, does that mean it's ok to ask a more open-ended question?
    Nah, I can take my used up question like a champ. Nice of you to offer though, @Tremula. :)
    Daraius said:
  • SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    I am pretty confused, but I think I got a solid question to ask.
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
  • Sylandra said:
    Not sure it's in my interest to quote mine. Sorry. I'll consider it later but I'd rather not drop that on the table right now.

And in retrospect, #1 isn't detailed as much as it's more straightforward. #1 spoke with more certainty and clarity than #2 for me. #2 acted confused and disoriented, which I took to mean #2 is lying. I guess Alec could just be a confused little Bambi in struck dumb in the headlights, but the vagueness and confusion made me think #2 was making crap up.

Shrug. Maybe Alec really is just a confused Bambi in headlights.

I would describe mine as the same. The first answer was direct but a bit vague. The 2nd was confused but had more detail.
    I'll unvote then since Othero's interpretation of the same event is different from mine. I tend to associate confusion with ignorance and lack of knowledge, but Bambi Alec is a possibility.
    Daraius said:
    Phoebus said:
    @Tremula
    Sorry, pinging to ask for clarification before I commit to a question. Does it have to be a yes or no question, or not? If you've already given Othero a response to something that wasn't, does that mean it's ok to ask a more open-ended question?

Yes, you are allowed to ask open ended questions. Accidentally copied and pasted rules written at the beginning of the game.

I didn't ask anything that could be considered sensitive information, so I will actually share exactly what I asked and the answers I received.

======

My question for the Alecs:
    Have you felt comfortable wielding your sword since the Kilee incident?

Answers:
    1 - It's like Sylandra said, she did it herself. I put it in the sand as a symbol of protection, and she took it as protecting herself from Darkrai. The sword lived up to its purpose, and it'll keep doing so in my hands. After we get rid of Zoruark, you can bet anyone who tries to kill other people on my train will see their just desert.

2 - No, not really. I wanted to protect her, I never wanted her dead. There are mediums in Lavender Town who can dispell Darkrai's influence, I only wanted to keep her detained until we could get there. But if someone is threatening my charges, it's my duty to protect them.

=====

I'm pretty sure Alec 2 is the real Alec, from these responses. He was clearly bothered by the sword being used to kill Kilee, and wasn't wielding it the next day (I'm assuming Zoro-Alec picked it up while the real one wasn't feeling keen on carrying it. While he's copied the Champion's clothing and appearance, there has only been one sword throughout the tussle.) Swordless Alec was super emo broody about all the death, and the cold, ready-to-stab-you answer from Alec 1 doesn't fit that profile.
    (Also it's Zoroark, not Zoruark.)
    Sounds good to me. That combined with what Othero said makes me think Bambi Alec fits real Alec's profile. 

Vote Alec1 for murdertime.
    Daraius said: