Aethersuits!

The voice of Tink McFierce resounds from the Aetherplex, "Finally!"

Tink McFierce enters the Aetherplex from the Star Hopper, twirling her mechnical parasol with great
panache and a deliciously delightful grin upon her face.

This gorgeous gnome is none other than Tink McFierce, the renowned designer, tinkerer, engineer,
entrepreneur and fashionista. She is taller than the average gnome, thanks to her elegant high heels
of allisaur leather. With shocking pink hair to match her shocking style, Tink models one her latest
creations, a skirt of metallic panels that shift upon a small gear system with each sway of her hips.
Her blouse of glass and steel rods are bent in swirling fractal patterns that hug her figure
perfectly and light up from a hidden power source. To complete the ensemble, she nonchalantly swirls
a parasol of blue tinted steel, which hums and whirs with a bevy of hidden mechanisms. With black
lipstick and mascara applied in elaborate sweeps, Tink McFierce is the embodiment of scary high
fashion.
Tink McFierce looks to be crushingly strong.

Tink McFierce says, "Oh hello dahlings! Isn't this a fabulous day??"

Faragan Ladyn says to Tink McFierce, "What a grand appearance."

Tink McFierce says, "Quite a gathering! I am so pleased! It is an auspicious day, don't you know."

Drunken Master Kalas Malarious, Kitten Avenger says to Tink McFierce, "Are you a tinker?"

Tink McFierce strikes a picturesque pose before continuuing.

Tink McFierce scoffs arrogantly at Malarious.

With a proud flip of her fabulously pink hair, Tink McFierce exclaims, "I am the gnome fashionista
extraordinaire! I make the mechnical into fabulous couture!"

Pointing her parasol for emphasis, Tink McFierce says, "I have finally been able to grace this
humdrum Basin with my amazing ensembles, gowns, uniforms, and a selection of exoskeletal outfits."

Drunken Master Kalas Malarious, Kitten Avenger says, "You make mechanical couture?"

Tink McFierce exclaims, "Oh indeed, my dear friend. But that is not all!"

Tink McFierce says, "Aye, much more. I am no base or ordinary tailor. No no."

Tink McFierce exclaims, "My beauteous aethersuits enhance the wearer!"

Tink McFierce says, "Hrm, let me see, I have quite the selection on hand... just demonstrative, of
course."

Tink McFierce proudly flourishes a shadowbound ensemble of assassins, then a prim, monochrome dress.

Tink McFierce says, "Armour and couture in ONE. Be amazed and delighted."

Tink McFierce says, "I have started with a basic set, for women and men of all walks."

Tink McFierce says, "Every wondered how you might dominate and take more mastery over your
aetherships?"

Tink McFierce says, "Perhaps... a little EDGE for those pesky flares?"

Tink McFierce says, "Or simply more OOMPH while you aetherhunt?"

Tink McFierce says, "Aye, aye. I have them all. In fact, my gnomish assistants have been hard at
work writing you a scroll on the matter."

Tink McFierce unrolls a parchment labelled HELP AETHERSUITS for all to see.

Tink McFierce exclaims, "Trust me dahlings, it is not aethersuit couture unless it's a McFierce!"

Tink McFierce winks knowingly.

Tink McFierce exclaims, "Oh indeed. McFierce's Boutique, best aethersuit couture in all the Basin!"
http://pastebin.com/FHm27vTT - the new HELP AETHERSUITS and all the fancy descriptions - looking neat, especially the one with the spinning brass gears. I'm thinking every Geochemantic engineer needs one of these.

Comments

• Let me know what you think of the suits!
  • For how much power armour they are, none of them are actual power armour. That's mildly disappointing.
  • edited August 2016
    Those are some expensive buffs. 10% healing. Extra pew pew. I feel like we're slowly but surely bringing back the PK gap that we tried to chip away at during the overhaul. 950 dingbats just for the relevant PK buffs. Eek. I shouldn't have used my dingbats!

These are also super expensive considering you can't generate dingbats with the same ease you can generate credits.

Aethership/influence/bashing buffs are all cool though.
  • MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    I'm sure the sentiment of artifacts influencing combat has been beaten into the ground many times already, but I'm not a fan of the shoulder cannon or the faster sipping.

• Fallout 5 New Las Lusternia
  • Oh, how much do shoulder turrets do?
  • I feel like the sipping and shoulder guns are quite significant boosts.

All of the -chance for an extra hit- damage abilities operate as damage boosts outside of DMP and are creating outliers. Specifically dracnari and viscanti burps. Adding more such features is bad.

That said, I've instantly started hunting for 600db to get the shoulder guns because if they're another burp effect they will be OP.

I would love this arti pack if the shoulder guns only worked against mobs, not players. Lower the price if you have to.
    Take great care of yourselves and each other.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Estarra said:

Let me know what you think of the suits!

I was interested, went to look at them, saw nothing that was appealing and left. If they're going to replace armour, they can't just be "weird dingbat things that people don't like the look of" ala pig snouts, they have to actually be appealing imo. I can't see really liking the ones that are there unless you're Magnagoran or possibly Hallifaxian. The closest one I can see wearing based on the description is the mechanical exoskeleton, and it falls apart at "mechanical exoskeleton". :(

If we have some more variety / less clockworky things, I will rethink, but I know that I'm just not willing to spend that many dingbats on something that I would have to customize (since I am not creative enough to customize things, it is why I love aethergoop things so much).

Aethergoop designs are great, do things more like that and less like tick-tock-tick-tock-tick-tock steampunk.
  • When it says no runes, does this include the artifact runes (damage/resistance/etc) that can go on armor or is just the forging runes?
  • Xenthos said:

Estarra said:

Let me know what you think of the suits!

I was interested, went to look at them, saw nothing that was appealing and left. If they're going to replace armour, they can't just be "weird dingbat things that people don't like the look of" ala pig snouts, they have to actually be appealing imo. I can't see really liking the ones that are there unless you're Magnagoran or possibly Hallifaxian. The closest one I can see wearing based on the description is the mechanical exoskeleton, and it falls apart at "mechanical exoskeleton". :(

If we have some more variety / less clockworky things, I will rethink, but I know that I'm just not willing to spend that many dingbats on something that I would have to customize (since I am not creative enough to customize things, it is why I love aethergoop things so much).

Aethergoop designs are great, do things more like that and less like tick-tock-tick-tock-tick-tock steampunk.
    I think the wide range of nouns opens up a lot of possible customizations. Unless the aethersuits have some 3p lines that you can't change...
    I believe I just stated that I do not like doing customizations. So I don't know what replying with that accomplishes... :P
  • I'll ask Iosai to answer to answer some of the technical questions here. As far as cost, every time I ask people the exchange rate of dingbats:credits, I'm told 1:1! Also, the promotion this month is mostly for dingbats so there's a way to get more.

Anyway, I'm open to concrete suggestions for improvement!
  • edited August 2016
    Oh yeah, the cost is usually 1:1 because the demand on dingbats is pretty low 98% of the time. But I can't just go on the website and buy up 500 dingbats when I want them like I can do with credits. I have to accumulate them or go hunt them down, and if everyone is hunting them down and the supply is less available than credits, the prices will go up.

I'm basically looking at 900+ dingbats to get a couple modules, and you can't just buy up 900 dingbats easily. Especially not multiple people.

I'd change the turret to mob only, which is still an awesome buff.

The sip could be changed to like a 3/10 universal buff for mobs only.
  • Xenthos said:

I believe I just stated that I do not like doing customizations. So I don't know what replying with that accomplishes... :P

Just because you are not creative enough doesn't mean you can hire someone else. And I may just have missed that middle sentence.
    Estarra said:

I'll ask Iosai to answer to answer some of the technical questions here. As far as cost, every time I ask people the exchange rate of dingbats:credits, I'm told 1:1! Also, the promotion this month is mostly for dingbats so there's a way to get more.

Anyway, I'm open to concrete suggestions for improvement!

1) More design options thematically appropriate to organizations other than Magnagora and possibly Hallifax (which means designs without clockwork stuff everywhere).
    2) Remove 1 buyable dingbat slot, add 1 slot base (making them equivalent to forged armour at their base). That's still 2 buyable slots at 600db total.
    3) Remove the prerequisite purchases for half the modules; buying the original is kind of a waste for most people (it kind of leaves a bad taste to buy something that you don't want / don't need / don't have any desire for just to buy something else). Let us just buy them at their current price directly, without having to buy the aethercraft buffs first.
  • I think more ethereal designs for the non mechanical orgs would be nice. People clomping around a forest in Fallout style power armor is a little odd.
  • The only one that interests me is the shoulder guns and if it is mob only my interest walks out the door. I don't need to spend 600 dingbats to rng an extra mob hit, my bashing has never been lacking.
  • Bashing still trails severely behind influencing, which is where the bashing buffs come into play. In that context, everyone's bashing is lacking. I play Dracnari and the extra procs are pretty nice, Sidd stacked Dracnari with those fireballs candies some weeks ago and it worked pretty well. I'd still consider it. After the 10% sip buff mind you, but I'd consider it.
  • edited August 2016
    People keep telling me that about bashing vs. Influencing but in my experience I make at least 33% to 50% more per hour bashing than I do influencing with less need for stacked buffs. In other words I can stack all the same buffs on bashing as I do Influencing with the exception of Ikons and I still come out farther ahead when I am bashing. It is why I don't influence.

I also stacked fireballs and was pulling off 3 extra attacks a balance on good RNG. I still wouldn't spend 600 dingbats for another RNG.

The only thing influencing gives is no enemy status and the mob is not going to eat you.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Gnomes. Gnomes never change.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Ikons make a pretty big difference.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Going to echo the sentiment that the last thing we need is more damage extras, however expensive.
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    edited August 2016
    Assuming that you don't have the master module installed, what type of armor is the suit equivalent o? Basic plate? Basic robes? None?

Edit: Does the aethercommerce bonus stack with the one you get from completing the aetherepic?
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • Ikons make a pretty big difference.

Sure they do, I used Ikons, but I still bash faster and for more.

I am of the opinion that at one time influencing was so good that everyone got lazy and nobody has actually spent time bashing since then, instead just sticking to the "influencing is better" stance. Which works in my favour. More bashing for me.

Anyways, yeah, unless those power armors have something more appealing I will save my limited supply of dingbats.
  • Man, I'm so afraid to use my ions because I want to play psycodrama.

More on topic, they look neat but I will probably never buy one.

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• FalaeronFalaeron Jolteon
    edited August 2016
    Really not sure I like any of the second tier 250db upgrades other than the squad and power reserves ones. I'm kind of torn between how powerful I think they are and also how rare dingbats actually are outside of RNG promotions like crates.

I mean in the current promo, which is supposed to be a dingbat promo, I'd need to buy 500 credits just to get what, 40 dingbats with a chance of more from a crate and five coins?

Edit: Also does this mean if I have runes on my armour I basically have to get pliers or just go without these even if I could afford them?
  • Per the latest announce, if you get a crate for the current promotion, I'll exchange them for 50 dingbats (if you want).
  • edited August 2016
    So questions.

Acrobats with aethersuit armor. How does this work? Acrobats normally can only wear leather, which provides 0% damage reduction versus the aethersuit's 12%.

Do aethersuits turn off Kata Tattoos benefits? Kata Tattoos offers 14% damage resistance so long as no other armour is worn, and doubles the effects of damage absorption tattoos besides.

Same question with Tattoos TattooMaster (18% damage resistance).

• Portius said:

Assuming that you don't have the master module installed, what type of armor is the suit equivalent o? Basic plate? Basic robes? None?

Edit: Does the aethercommerce bonus stack with the one you get from completing the aetherepic?

20% damage reduction, so whichever that is.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    edited August 2016
    I'm not sure that anyone is going to be buying slot expansions, though folks might. The knots are generally pretty weak at 3% reduction to single type, certainly not worth 200 dingbats each.

I'm actually considering a report to buff robes/splendours somewhat to keep them roughly on an even footing with armor, as armor generally cuts ahead. If you can wear armor, I think you definitely should, unless you already have trans tailoring. Then you still might want to, but it's a little murkier. By and large, additional slots only have marginal utility compared to the increased physical defense that's MUCH larger than the buff from a knot (almost 3 times more), is to two types at once- and two VERY common types at that, and that sits outside and above the tier system.

In other words, knots are really meh right now.