Tweets VII: Tweet Child of Mine

Comments

• XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Don't like all of the ideas there, but definitely see lots of things worth talking about.  Per-room would be a very interesting change (might make trap-handling a bit easier too), and would require a wipe of all traps currently in the game.  Add a longer (re)activation time and the trap is no longer the monster that it is now while still being useful.

I'd want to see how it is in practice before moving on to the automatic-decay end of things.
  • I'll admit the per-room thing was largely because I get annoyed at having to trap every single exit in a some rooms. Even with a script to handle it, it's very repetitive. Also, it goes against most other abilities that are per-room, but that's a minor point.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Shedrin said:
    I'll admit the per-room thing was largely because I get annoyed at having to trap every single exit in a some rooms. Even with a script to handle it, it's very repetitive. Also, it goes against most other abilities that are per-room, but that's a minor point.
    I think it would completely overhaul how trap-fights work mid-combat.  Right now there's a lot of TRAPS and trying to have triggers catch and reconceal stuff for you, because manually doing it is rough with text flying by.  It'd make it a whole lot easier for someone new to get into it, imo, and less of a script-battle.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    edited September 2016
    Hey, trap queens. Make a thread.

Change of subject, please give us a dingbat sink, and no, I don't mean aethersuits or urtraps.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Tarot should get a card to make a pit. For reasons.
  • If there are issues with harassment, or you are ever put in a situation where you are uncomfortable with another's actions, please resolve it in game through issues. The forums should not be used to elevate the problems further. 
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    Pits are cool

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • Xenthos said:
    Manteekan said:
    If there are issues with harassment, or you are ever put in a situation where you are uncomfortable with another's actions, please resolve it in game through issues. The forums should not be used to elevate the problems further. 
    So you removed all the other posts but left Havastus' Stewart-Popcorn.  Which now makes it seem like he's really into pits.
    I'm just really into Tarot, ok? Gosh.

• @Manteekan I apologize and you're right, but some mild awareness needs to happen. This is a really an issue that drives people to leave.
  • After they finish the overhaul. (LOL @Estarra it's not finished) A QoL improvement month or two would be awesome to see.

Just lots of things on their plates, but I agree.  There are many things that could be made a bit nicer!  Maybe a quality of life improvements thread?
    Take great care of yourselves and each other.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    I hate missing the forums drama. 

• Alchemist symphonist why you no exist? :(((((((
    (I'm the mom of Hallifax btw, so if you are in Hallifax please call me mom.)

== Professional Girl Gamer == 
    Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it
  • Yarith said:
    Alchemist symphonist why you no exist? :(((((((
    Because Hallifax in general favors high magic vs. low. Also, because bard-alchemists grow up to be brewmeisters, which in several instances is illegal to use within Hallifax.
    #NoWireHangersEver

Vive l'apostrophe!
  • I prefer highmagic, I just want to make potions dangit. 
    I don't even know why I can't learn alchemy from a tutor, I'd understand brewmeister but not alchemy :(

Sadness

Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it
  • Yarith said:
    I don't even know why I can't learn alchemy from a tutor
    You sure can if you have alchemy selected. Need to have low magic active before alchemy becomes available as a skill you can learn/activate.
    #NoWireHangersEver

Vive l'apostrophe!
  • No, not true. As a classflexer you must learn from a Gr3 alchemist.

Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it
  • Yeah. Things have gone the other way around for stretches at a time before too. Just take it as good practice for the next time around.

• edited September 2016
    Accidentally transformed my Dionamus's Crystal Wand of Holy Memories out of habit.  So sad.

Wound up with Juliana's Divine Wand of Apocalyptic Stars.

I'll take it!

Though Dionamus would have been better.  Ah well.

• Grinding out levels destroys my desire to play, I've found. :(
  • Don't stress about it! Every org hosts various hunts which are awesome xp. I grinded up to the 90s before I joined in org hunts and I kinda regret it - I could have spent my time being way more social. Just wait for the hunts and don't stress over xp imo if you're not enjoying grinding.
  • Ashiya said:
    Grinding out levels destroys my desire to play, I've found. :(
    Grinding levels made me not want to play, as well. The thing that helped me was to find a partner or a group to do it with so there was someone to chat with. Aetherhunts became a big thing when I was around level 95, which was fun since it was basically group required and you could have fun talking on the ship channel with everyone else.

• SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    The solution is clear: a Greathunt to welcome all the new folks! Let this dream come true! :pray:
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    Siam said:
    The solution is clear: a Greathunt to welcome all the new folks! Let this dream come true! :pray:
    Great hunts are like the pinnacle of crazy solo hermit bashing, though.
  • Phoebus said:
    Siam said:
    Great hunts are like the pinnacle of crazy solo hermit bashing, though.
    And all of the places are bashed out by the faster hunters.
This discussion has been closed.