General Dissatisfaction

Comments

• XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    But caramelized onions are so good...
  • Xenthos said:
    But caramelized onions are so good...
    I could just eat those, and not have anything else. For realsies.
    The apple is cold, crisp, and sour as the juices fill your mouth. As you consume the fruit, you glimpse, for a moment, a massive, shadowy figure, Her snow-white hair framing a perfect, icy-eyed visage. Beneath you, a vast, perfect web of silken strands lies - and, for a moment, you realize that you too are part of it, weaver and strand both - and home.
  • RancouraRancoura the Last Nightwreathed Queen Canada
    There is a pretty noticeable difference between caramelized onions and caramel(-covered) onions!

Tonight amidst the mountaintops
    And endless starless night
    Singing how the wind was lost
    Before an earthly flight

• PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    I want to bake sourdough so badly but don't have a starter. Life is pain. How can I convince my family to not throw out the most delicious science experiment ever? Perhaps a note that says, "This is Douglas, he looks gross but he means well, please do not toss him?"

I can't imagine my mother allowing it even after having the process explained to her, but giving my sweet child a name might assign enough meaning to his existence that she would be stopped from instantly washing out the dish, my wishes and hopes and dreams be damned. Or just break my heart even further when she does it anyway. Hmmm. I think I'll give it a try. Love will find a way. Maybe.

Yet another addition to the expansive list of reasons why I need to live alone. When it's my kitchen, no one will be able tell me not to cultivate yeast in a bowl on the counter. Nobody.
    Maligorn said:
    I think you mean Doughlas.
    But then that'd sound like dough-less, which is not what I want! I'll put that one on reserve for if he's killed, though.
  • I was thinking it was like dogue (vogue) less, but yeah.

• Phoebus said:
    I want to bake sourdough so badly but don't have a starter. Life is pain. How can I convince my family to not throw out the most delicious science experiment ever? Perhaps a note that says, "This is Douglas, he looks gross but he means well, please do not toss him?"

I can't imagine my mother allowing it even after having the process explained to her, but giving my sweet child a name might assign enough meaning to his existence that she would be stopped from instantly washing out the dish, my wishes and hopes and dreams be damned. Or just break my heart even further when she does it anyway. Hmmm. I think I'll give it a try. Love will find a way. Maybe.

Yet another addition to the expansive list of reasons why I need to live alone. When it's my kitchen, no one will be able tell me not to cultivate yeast in a bowl on the counter. Nobody.
    If you want, I can send you some of my Oskar. PM me or something, really.

I have found that a quart soup container placed inside a large flour canister is the ideal abode for him. It's pretty, it's prevents anyone from tampering with him, and it contains his wanton, beery aroma.
    #NoWireHangersEver

Vive l'apostrophe!
    Talan said:

Phoebus said:

If you want, I can send you some of my Oskar. PM me or something, really.

I have found that a quart soup container placed inside a large flour canister is the ideal abode for him. It's pretty, it's prevents anyone from tampering with him, and it contains his wanton, beery aroma.
    Ooh. I'd really, really love to get one going myself, but if it doesn't work out for Reasons, I might have to take you up on that offer! Thanks for the tip on storage, as well. I wasn't entirely sure where Douglas was going to live yet.
  • Sylandra said:
    Xenthos said:
    I feel like the proper response to not accepting checks made out to the school is, "I'm sorry, who should the check be made out to?"  "C.A.S.H" is not a valid answer.
    Yeah. I was just kind of bewildered when it happened. Also I wasn't sure how to tell ten year old kids, "You are being very suspicious."

I don't know. We literally live right across from each other. I wanted to be a good neighbor. :( If they come by again I feel more comfortable saying "no" because at least now I can't be made out as the snobby girl who ignores doorbell rings.
    Try "You're being very suspicious". Most kids don't have the experience to deal with social dancing, so it's better to be straightforward with em.
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • Kiradawea said:
    Sylandra said:
    Xenthos said:
    I feel like the proper response to not accepting checks made out to the school is, "I'm sorry, who should the check be made out to?"  "C.A.S.H" is not a valid answer.
    Yeah. I was just kind of bewildered when it happened. Also I wasn't sure how to tell ten year old kids, "You are being very suspicious."

I don't know. We literally live right across from each other. I wanted to be a good neighbor. :( If they come by again I feel more comfortable saying "no" because at least now I can't be made out as the snobby girl who ignores doorbell rings.
    Try "You're being very suspicious". Most kids don't have the experience to deal with social dancing, so it's better to be straightforward with em.
    Just chase them down the driveway while waving your arms and shouting about The Drugs, that seems to work pretty well.
    Jadice, the Frost Queen says to you, "Constant vigilance."
  • Once upon a time I could drink heavily and go to work the next day, and still be productive.

That no longer is the case, apparently. 
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Ileein said:
    Kiradawea said:
    Sylandra said:
    Xenthos said:

Just chase them down the driveway while waving your arms and shouting about The Drugs, that seems to work pretty well.
    Yeah I'd rather not be the person who gentrifies my neighborhood.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    I love this community. It teaches me new words at least once a week, which is impressive.
  • Sylandra said:
    Ileein said:
    Kiradawea said:
    Sylandra said:
    Xenthos said:

Yeah I'd rather not be the person who gentrifies my neighborhood.

pictured: @Sylandra, I assume
    Jadice, the Frost Queen says to you, "Constant vigilance."
  • edited September 2016
    Go Britney circa 2007 on them.

Also, you could never live in DC (or any other major metro) if you cave that easily. The homeless and guys with fake limps would descend on you like vultures. 
    What I'm getting from this is,

Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • Is that Buffy's little sister?
    #NoWireHangersEver

Vive l'apostrophe!
    Georgina Sparks from Gossip Girl! But in another universe, possibly...?
    Daraius said:
  • Why is that gif so short? She's only saying "bad"... There's an entire sentence being left out!

• Michelle Trachtenberg. I think I spelled that right. The Hilary Duff of Nickelodeon (vs Nick's Miley Cyrus, Amanda Bynes).

My rage - got halfway to work before I realized I'd forgotten my glasses. I'm not blind but I get wicked headaches from eye strain without them. :(

• Still feeling very tired and still have a bit of pain in my back, I have been around but still adjusting to my schedule!

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    I can't smell anything but my own snot.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Daraius said:
    I can't smell anything but my own snot.
    I totally read that as "snout". I have a hard time remembering you're a human :D .
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
    TIL: Everiine thinks I roleplay with an actual dingo typing on the computer.
    Daraius said:
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    What of it?
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Sylandra said:
    If it's any consolation, I think he's a Shiba
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Luce said:
    Sylandra said:
    If it's any consolation, I think he's a Shiba
    Right, I just -play- a dingo on the internet.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    Man, I still wish I could play League on the NA server with you League types. :(
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback