Touhou Mafia: Extreme Shrine Makeover Edition

Comments

• SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    So evasive! FoS: @Breandryn for being all quiet-like. (And apparently a man in a game of diaper-hat wearing girls.)
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • Falmiis said:
    Wait so Ileein's win condition is to find/kill Ratatoskr and presmuably Ratatoskr is to find/kill Pollux? Wouldn't it have been a very risky play to reveal so much about his role even before Vivet supposedly figured it out since it would have easily used against him by whoever Ratatoskr is?

As an aside, I'm also not native to Gensokyo but I am from the Touhou universe.
    Okay this is way too many non-native claims now, we're at what, 5 or 6 now?

Either the census is way off, or the non-native thing was actually referring to non-touhou characters. Which I guess would be Ileein, Ratatoskr, and whatever Yarith claimed he was? From the Chimaera game?
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    I wear no such hat! >=(
  • Deflection, love it.
    OH cruel Fate, when wilt thou weary be?
    When satisfied with tormenting me?
    What have I e'er designed, but thou hast crost?
    All that I wished to gain by thee, I've lost:
    From my first infancy, thy spite thou'st shown
    and from my cradle, I've thy malice known...
  • (I don't think I've been evasive. I've tried to drop lots of clues about who I am! But yeah I honestly don't have cards. I'm just kinda derping around and RPing my guy because this is way more confusing than any mafia I've played and I have no idea what the squirrel stuff means - I assume there is some past Lusternian context for this?)
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Someone can always force the issue tomorrow.
  • Ushaara said:
    If Siam is right about there being a cult, we may be facing the prospect of no standard mafia deaths at all. Stumping and the lack of role reveals I would say lends some support to that option, along with the game having a subplot of 3 non-Touhou-verse outsiders having their own agenda.

The saboteurs could -be- the cult, have started with three original members and recruited a fourth last night. We won't know without another night phase or two, and a second census to see how the numbers change.
    Also I missed where Siam said that the first time.

@Siam, was there a reason you suspect cults?
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    Well, my role says "you start out as town" and knowing Kira, this may be a hint towards possible conversions.
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    @Lehki see above
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    Tamashi - I accept, we battle for Shits and Giggles - Frozen Icicle!

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • @Yarith, if you're Shu, why are you here? My role flavor made it very clear why I came to Gensokyo.
    Jadice, the Frost Queen says to you, "Constant vigilance."
  • @Ileein you're really set on me, huh? 
    I'm mostly here to have fun!
    (I'm the mom of Hallifax btw, so if you are in Hallifax please call me mom.)

== Professional Girl Gamer == 
    Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it
  • UshaaraUshaara Schrödinger's Traitor
    It also looks like that's the second time @Yarith's spellcards haven't done anything much, just sort of fizzled out (page 6 for previous battle). If there's some particular reason for that, I've no clue.
  • Ileein said:
    Tamashi said:
    @Lehki it might state he (Ileein) has to remain alive for the win condition to actually fire, otherwise that's just too easy.
    Correct. If I'm lynched, I lose. I've made the gamble to trust in town and be forthright. Let us hope it wasn't a gamble poorly made.
    Ileein, why did you specify "lynched"? What about being killed in other ways, like being night-killed by the Mafia? Wouldn't you be just as dead/stumped then?
  • UshaaraUshaara Schrödinger's Traitor
    Correction: page 3 for Yarith's battle.
  • You haven't seen my ultimate card yet!

Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    You've said you played your ultimate card each time!

Is this a 'lynch the liar' moment?

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • You know, I'm not sure how to feel about Othero. Made it clear I'm doing exhibitions so that we can make proof of my abilities. Someone asked who I'm eyeing, you got your answer. We'll see if I can even challenge Synkarin due to Othero being greedy.
  • Each of my cards are ultimate. Being an outsider to Gensokyo I don't exactly have spell cards, nor can I use them properly so I am geared to lose almost every battle. Due to my playful nature, however, I can't turn them down either. I don't believe Ileein's story, and it appears that Lehki, while being from outside, doesn't seem to be from another mafia setup.

Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it
  • For the record, @Ileein doesn't have spellcards either, he summoned -actual- meteors at me! The nerve!
  • (If people lose their ability to vote, then the amount of votes needed for a lynch will be adjusted. Furthermore, if someone is at one vote from being lynched, and a battle for the loss of voting ability starts, then if the end result is a loss of vote that pushes the halfway point down by one vote, the day will end in a lynch. During the day, actions happen in the order they're posted.)

Tamashi challenges Synkarin
    Eager though people may be for this duel to happen... it doesn't. Synkarin has committed a foul, declaring a spellcard he does not actually own. No contest.

Tamashi challenges Othero
    But this match does happen. Leaving Synkarin to idly wave his cards in a vain attempt at triggering them, Tamashi and Othero make their way to the duel grounds. Which for now is just a square drawn in the dirt by Siam and Tremula so they've got less clean-up work to do. "Raining Light of Humanity!" Tamashi declares, throwing energy up into the air to conjure up a storm of raining light. Othero looks on unimpressed, miming unfolding an umbrella which also conjures a disk of shielding energy above him. He floats up slowly and drags out a spellcard, clicking his tongue as he declares. "Duality of Light and Dark." The card becomes a stream of energy that flows around Othero. The stream fades, and so too does Othero, only to reappear in front of and behind Tamashi. Othero stretches out a hand, and beams of blue-white and purple-black energy shoot out, one from each Othero to smash into the location Tamashi was a brief moment ago. The two Otheros keep shooting out beams of energy, and when the beams meet they explode into a scatter of red and orange bullets that continue to keep Tamashi on his toes. Tamashi does have the advantage of initiative though, and he redoubles his efforts against Othero until the spirit of human drive becomes too much. One of the Otheros's forcefield shatters with the sound of breaking glass, and he cries out in pain as he is flung to the ground.

Tamashi wins the spellcard duel. Othero requires one less vote to lynch today

Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • edited September 2016
    Speaking of votes. A vote count might be in order.

No lynch: Tamashi (1)
    Ileein: Othero, Iosion (2)

With 22 workers, it's 13 to banish someone.

The following are slightly easier to banish.
    Ushaara
    Othero
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • Wait...that's the card Synkarin had used in a previous duel...did he somehow lose it or something?
  • No. The card Synkarin played previously was Icicle Fall, not Frozen Icicle.
  • I'm a tiny bit surprised I lost. So what did you learn?
  • I see, well I guess the typo makes it stick and official. I think I've had my fun peering at people. Time for this hermit to do what they do best, remain to themselves for now. Oh, and Othero is a youkai if it means anything to people just to further prove myself.
  • That's it? I already said I want you to reveal everything. Knowing I'm a Youkai is an easy guess. Half the game is Youkai.
  • As we keep discussing, names are irrelevant in this setup, except if you're an otherworlder. I'm keeping my tabs just like everyone else is, if it becomes required the town knows then so be it, but until that time comes and we find out names are somehow important to your alignment in this mess, they're my notes.
  • Tamashi said:
    As we keep discussing, names are irrelevant in this setup, except if you're an otherworlder. I'm keeping my tabs just like everyone else is, if it becomes required the town knows then so be it, but until that time comes and we find out names are somehow important to your alignment in this mess, they're my notes.
    I think revealing Othero's name is pretty important right now for actually establishing you have the power you say you do.
  • You can't have your cake and eat it too. Either names are unimportant and you can share mine and prove you are not lying about Ileein or they are important and you have been lying about your role and what you do. I want my name shared.