Tweets VII: Tweet Child of Mine

Comments

• XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    edited September 2016
    Twytch said:
    Xenthos said:
    Just like he isn't trying to troll when he harasses people with "are we doing this" tells, etc.

It's also possible Ciaran just wants defenders to defend when he raids. And yes, he raids when there are defenders around. But who am I kidding. It's all LIES, obviously.
    ^-- Post I'm referencing, btw.

Maybe Sidd just wants defenders to defend when he raids?  What's the difference, here?  Why is it okay one way in your mind, but not the other?
  • Xenthos said:
    <snipping the longer part of the post; I dislike the way quote boxes darken as they get nested>
    Which is the reverse image of what you do.  Yet, when you raid, you say things like "He's not the bad guy for sending tells, he just wants defenders to defend" (paraphrasing your own words).

Like I said, I'm completely at a loss.  And you don't even seem to recognize the mirror right in front of your face.

Let me lay this out explicitly for you so it's more clear:
    1) Twytch & Co raid.  Some of them send taunting tells to defenders, some of them justify taunting tells as being appropriate-- despite the defenders having other things they'd much rather be doing (and, in some cases, leaving to actually do them).
    2) They are not fun to deal with, and have been told this multiple times, but do not care.
    3) Twytch's organization gets raided.  Twytch's response: "It is no fun to play with you so I won't, and you have no right to taunt me back because I had other things to do".

Does this help clarify why I am so confused?  Because... yeah.  What?
    Looking at the exact post you're referencing, I gave the reason why Ciaran sends tells. I don't do it, myself, because I personally find it distasteful, but I recognize that there are reasons why people do it. It's not my place to tell them what they can and can't do.

Which is exactly also why I don't rise to Synkarin's baiting. He can raid Continuum all he wants, but I personally can't be bothered to defend it on my own. He does what he wants to do, I do what I want to do. He can even taunt me here all he wants, that is his choice to do so.

Again, we're back to the argument of forcing people to play the way you want them to, when you want them to. I personally am of the opinion of "do whatever you want as long as 1) it doesn't drive people from the game, and 2) it keeps you playing the game." 
    See you in Sapience.
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    edited September 2016
    Twytch said: "do whatever you want as long as 1) it doesn't drive people from the game, and 2) it keeps you playing the game." 
    Hahahahahahhahahahahhahahhah really?

Says the guy that continuously set prime Glom on fire 'looking for fights' for days and days and days even after people post on forums that 'they're done'

Again - you can't seem to handle the heat of the fire you started. I could have raided prime Hallifax and made people's lives difficult for giggles, but I mostly go after you because this is what -you- did and are things -you- have said and things -you- have done. Now you know what it's like to be on the other side of your own actions.

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • Synkarin said:
    Twytch said: "do whatever you want as long as 1) it doesn't drive people from the game, and 2) it keeps you playing the game." 

Says the guy that continuously set prime Glom on fire 'looking for fights' for days and days and days even after people post on forums that 'they're done'

Again - you can't seem to handle the heat of the fire you started. I could have raided prime Hallifax and made people's lives difficult for giggles, but I mostly go after you because this is what -you- did and are things -you- have said and things -you- have done. Now you know what it's like to be on the other side of your own actions.
    I actually stopped setting fires when people started threatening to quit the game. I haven't set fires anywhere in at least 2 RL months. 
    See you in Sapience.
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    Twytch said:
    Synkarin said:

I actually stopped setting fires when people started threatening to quit the game. I haven't set fires anywhere in at least 2 RL months. 
    When people threatened? People quit the game, and you continued to do it.

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • Synkarin said:

When people threatened? People quit the game, and you continued to do it.
    Then that's my bad, I suppose. It's entirely possible that people outright left the game that I didn't know of, but when such intentions were made known to me directly, I stopped with the fires. 
    See you in Sapience.
  • I don't send taunts, keep me out of your hissy fits and behavior policing Xenthos.

I normally ask people if they're down to defend -before- I raid.

You're insufferable go away.
    Take great care of yourselves and each other.
  • MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    edited September 2016
    EDIT: Nevermind.

• Luce said:
    I typed @ M-e-l to get Melali in the mafia game and got hit in the feels when @Meliana showed up.
    Ow :( From what I've heard though, her life is going great!

Ciaran said:
    I don't send taunts, keep me out of your hissy fits and behavior policing Xenthos.

I normally ask people if they're down to defend -before- I raid.

You're insufferable go away.
    You don't send taunts... ignoring the pesky little fact that, you know, you do.  You just insist that they're not, because you live in a little Ciaran-bubble where you believe everyone likes dropping everything that they're doing just to fight you when you decide you want to do it.

Heck, it took a forum complaint about one of these abusive tells for you to remove someone from your "happy to defend!" list; you just unilaterally drop everyone onto it and expect them to OOCly inform you if they don't like it (also, without even telling them that they are on that list, so they are not even aware that you expect them to "opt out").

PS: Pointing out what looks like double-standards is not a hissy-fit.  I'm going to ask about things that look like they contradict previous statements.  That's not going to change, because hey, this is a forum and we're supposed to communicate.  I actually do appreciate Twytch clarifying (you'll note that I didn't even dissect his most recent post on the subject, despite disagreeing with it).

In fact, it looks like the only hissy fit is in the post this one's replying to.  Huh.  How odd.
  • Twytch doesn't like fighting against top tier combatants like Synkarin we get it guys move on. No need to make a big song and dance about it.

Next thing @Manteekan
    Thanks for the awesome fun(if creepy scary) chocolate and leg breaks the other day, sorry if I was a bit slow to reply, I was crazy tired but I really enjoyed it. I meant to say thanks here before but I've been crazy busy :D Although seriously I think Veyils entire interaction with the Glom gods is basically "Hi! Nice to meet you, give me like 5 mins while I stuff my foot into my mouth repeatedly! Kthxbye"

• I am frustrated with the rate at which gigantic ur'trap creatures steal the [dingbat] bait out of my level 3 traps and run away.

#NoWireHangersEver

Vive l'apostrophe!
  • I'm really sorry to anyone I upset over the weekend or during the past few weeks. I've been in a temporary gap of healthcare coverage while my employers switch providers and it's left me a bit screwed up. :( 
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    Xenthos said:
    Twytch said:
    There is absolutely 0 fun playing with you.
    I... don't even know what to say in response to this.

Picture me staring blankly at the screen, mouth agape, blinking in astonishment.
    ...you forgot mentioning Ingwe perched atop your head!
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• Ivern is gonna be a sick jungle champion.
  • My ID and debit card were stolen two weeks ago.
    My apartment got broken into last week and they took our consoles.
    I called for new cards and was told that they saw activity on my account but the new person never actually ordered a new card. I've been living out of the change jar for 2 weeks now.

..and apparently cross-faction RP doesn't work here in Lusternia  Can't even write up half an emote and you're dead. Awesome. That's literally my favorite type of RP from MKO. Nothing speaks about developing a character better then debating it against another community with opposing ideas. I'm not really sure what you Lusty-folk do, but us MKO peeps love our cross-faction RP, we really do. Try to at least be open to a little bit of it since it's almost our freaking lifeblood.

I'm really freaking disappointed with this month and I'm just done.
  • edited September 2016
    Still wrong thread <3. It's okay, it's fine here and we still give our condolences.

EDIT: http://forums.lusternia.com/discussion/14/general-dissatisfaction#latest

That's the usual gripe thread, my friend.

• Oueli said:
    My ID and debit card were stolen two weeks ago.
    [snip]
    Hmmm, yeah,that is terrible. Here is the[correct] General Dissatisfaction thread, For future reference:  http://forums.lusternia.com/discussion/comment/146455

FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• *FLOP*

Sorry, guys! D:
  • No need to apologize, we still like ya.
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Oueli said:
    ..and apparently cross-faction RP doesn't work here in Lusternia  Can't even write up half an emote and you're dead. Awesome. That's literally my favorite type of RP from MKO. Nothing speaks about developing a character better then debating it against another community with opposing ideas. I'm not really sure what you Lusty-folk do, but us MKO peeps love our cross-faction RP, we really do. Try to at least be open to a little bit of it since it's almost our freaking lifeblood.

You just gotta find the people from whom RP is more than "RAAAWWRR I HAVE A WEAPON MY RP IS TO KILL YOU ALL DE TIME RAAAAAWWWRRR!!" Drag Ev into an argument next time I have enough internet to log in (service is still sporadic tonight).
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • I got troll tells sent at me during the last revolt, that was a little annoying
  • Oueli said:

There's been some great advice from people on how to approach some Glom/Seren rp more one on one.

Another option is that orgs in Lusternia don't have one set rival and that's it for all time. Glomdoring may be allied with Gaudiguch and Magnagora now, but that will change eventually, and at some point in the past we've been allied with every other org, including Serenwilde.

This means that building positive relationships with allies can turn into interesting enemy-rp in the future. It also means that even though Seren vs Glom is the big clash right now, Forests vs Cities also exists and there are fundamentally opposing ideals between Glom and its current allies that you could explore (hopefully with less kill on sight, though they may still not take it well), or between Glom and its more peripheral enemies like Celest and Hallifax that might be easier to explore as well.
  • I think some of the most interesting RP that I've ever had was with Marcella, where she and I debated the merits of the Light and Taint, based on how their respective player orgs have taken to following the base tenants of each. And I think that conversation started as idle chatter at the Aetherplex!

It seems simple to me.  The Taint has Viscanti tenants, and the Light has Merian tenants.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    +5 internet points. Redeem at the counter for prizes!
This discussion has been closed.