Tweets VII: Tweet Child of Mine

Comments

• Message the author.
    #NoWireHangersEver

Vive l'apostrophe!
  • Is the website broken for anyone else? Layout is completely borked for me on mobile and desktop. Links - including the link to buy credits - are missing from top of page. @Estarra might want to look at that.
  • It wasn't letting me open paypal when I tried buying credits the other day. Haven't had any issues with debit/credit though
  • Breandryn said:
    Is the website broken for anyone else? Layout is completely borked for me on mobile and desktop. Links - including the link to buy credits - are missing from top of page. @Estarra might want to look at that.
    The links are way way down at the bottom, beneath a centered, width-1 column comprising the live stream for me.

#NoWireHangersEver

Vive l'apostrophe!
  • PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    Breandryn said:
    Is the website broken for anyone else? Layout is completely borked for me on mobile and desktop. Links - including the link to buy credits - are missing from top of page. @Estarra might want to look at that.
    I had this happen to me yesterday. The bar that should be at the top was at the bottom of the page instead, underneath a load of spaced out text from the "Lusternia Live" box breaking.
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    edited September 2016
    It breaks my heart, the esteem lost from transferring large quantities of esteem across figurines.

edit:

Completing curios is a pain. ._.

edit: 

You really want to ruin someone's day, don't you, Serenwilde, Celest and Hallifax?
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• edited September 2016
    This retirement is taking forever :(
    Your numbers today are:
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    The intro's been a mess since it was introduced. I doubt it will get any better.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
    It will get better, I'm sure! Hang in there, folks! Admins likely have a lot on their plate at the moment.
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• What kinds of bards are the Minstrels supposed to be? I can't help but imagine Billy Squire singing about "The Stroke" and grinning.
    The dwarves singing from the Hobbit that's what they are. :)

I'm still debating whether to get an Iron Elite subscription! Hnggggg. Decisions.

#bringShikariback 

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Zoku said:
    What kinds of bards are the Minstrels supposed to be? I can't help but imagine Billy Squire singing about "The Stroke" and grinning.
    There are two schools of thought when it comes to the Minstrels.

People who are new to Lusternia or have no idea about actual roleplay see Minstrels as just staggering drunks, playing chaotic chords and groping each other, throwing up in puddles and generally just being obnoxious. This is also generally the Minstrels' public front.

Those who actually delve into the Minstrels' and Gullagumbah's past understand their sacred duty, one of enflaming the passions, dulling the senses to weather the harshness of the First World, and cheering the spirits of all around them in various ways.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • I meant what sort of music would be normal for them. But interesting!
  • It is for sure these celtic (irish) folk songs. Jaunty, lots of refrains to sing along with. A few maudlin memories smoothed over by the sweet and bawdy bits.
    #NoWireHangersEver

Vive l'apostrophe!
  • Talan said:
    It is for sure these celtic (irish) folk songs. Jaunty, lots of refrains to sing along with. A few maudlin memories smoothed over by the sweet and bawdy bits.
    I'm thinking something very pogueesk

• Oh, I found the lyrics for a Minstrel's battle song:

• The takeaway from this is that we need to bug @Charites for a tin whistle (artisan horns).
    #NoWireHangersEver

Vive l'apostrophe!
    So earlier I decided to subscribe to Iron Elite once again but for some reason it's not taking my paypal payment. :S 

#bringShikariback 

• Did the payment fail to renew in the past? If so, I think IRE blocks that PayPal. I needed a manual clear when it happened to me but that was years ago.

Alternatively it could be on your end. Its been a while since I've used paypal, but I know there is a paypal section for domains your account has blocked/blacklisted from payments. Make sure IRE isn't on that list.
    No worries! I already issued myself. :)

#bringShikariback 

• RancouraRancoura the Last Nightwreathed Queen Canada
    My apologies to the various Shadowdancers who have experienced my sloppiness tonight. I am a bit more tired than I thought I was.

Tonight amidst the mountaintops
    And endless starless night
    Singing how the wind was lost
    Before an earthly flight

• Siam said:
    It will get better, I'm sure! Hang in there, folks!

Siam might be onto something there! :o
    edited October 2016
    Drocilla said:
    Siam said:
    It will get better, I'm sure! Hang in there, folks!

Siam might be onto something there! :o
    My potatoes are everywhere. Everywhere!

edit: these videos shows how I've always envisioned Minstrels:

#bringShikariback 

• Got a mapper set up and working so I can make my manse look pretty. Realized how much I was missing without one. Goodbye path walk!!!
  • Breandryn said:
    Got a mapper set up and working so I can make my manse look pretty. Realized how much I was missing without one. Goodbye path walk!!!
    Using Mudlet's mapper? How'd you do it? I've received enough complaints over my aethership that I should probably map it too.

• No, I'm using mudbot. I'm old and cranky and haven't upgraded to mudlet yet.
This discussion has been closed.