Touhou Mafia: Extreme Shrine Makeover Edition

Comments

• Iosion is stepping out from the game. I'll be looking for someone to replace her.

Second. PSA. You can only bet something that you yourself can lose.
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • @Sylandra: I don't think we can confirm yet that we don't have a coroner in play. There's only been one death that they could have investigated, and that victim was quite open about their role. A coroner is one of the most valuable roles available given the scenario, and I don't think they'd make themselves a target this early in the game unless a stump claim was way off base.
  • Fwiw, Weiwae's power checks out regarding my cards. Inclined to think that Aya saw where he went night 0 and reported it night 1.
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    Kiradawea said:

Second. PSA. You can only bet something that you yourself can lose.
    Ah, well, that seems fair enough. So much for beating the system.
  • So the report on Day 0 was what then? Nothing?
    Depends on what you think of Siam, I guess. We all saw what happened during Day 0. The fact that the Day 1 report doesn't really reference anything from Night 0 helps assert the idea that the reporting is delayed a night.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Can we get a vote count?

I'm still not convinced by Cyndarin. I know she's not stupid by any means. But sometimes the best laid plans are thwarted unintentionally by teammates who mean well. What else can she do but claim she would do the total opposite if she was scum?

• Vivet said:
    I'm town now, so my town mindset makes me want to remove/clear potential threats. Especially for the late game. You do make a good point - if I did get converted to some other faction and I still had it, it would be a boon to them. But due to how my mentality works, that is precisely why I should work to remove it while I am town.

You're thinking from the perspective of "how can -I- win", which is perfectly fine and valid. I'm just unorthodox in that regard.

So, what you are saying is that we better lynch you now so that when you speak from the dead you will be speaking for the benefit of the town?
  • Lavinya said:
    Can we get a vote count?

I'm still not convinced by Cyndarin. I know she's not stupid by any means. But sometimes the best laid plans are thwarted unintentionally by teammates who mean well. What else can she do but claim she would do the total opposite if she was scum?
    I've been more quiet about my suspicions about Cyndarin than I might ordinarily be, partially because I've been the target of most of their attacks and far be it from me to reflexively OMGUS. But really, their attacks on me haven't been the towering edifices of logic and reason they've been claiming. Third parties aren't automatically detrimental to town; only certain third parties are. And while they've been careful to mention Yarith from time to time, they've been focusing the brunt of their attacks on me specifically. It's all rather odd.
    Jadice, the Frost Queen says to you, "Constant vigilance."
    Weiwae said:
    Vivet said:
    I'm town now, so my town mindset makes me want to remove/clear potential threats. Especially for the late game. You do make a good point - if I did get converted to some other faction and I still had it, it would be a boon to them. But due to how my mentality works, that is precisely why I should work to remove it while I am town.

You're thinking from the perspective of "how can -I- win", which is perfectly fine and valid. I'm just unorthodox in that regard.

So, what you are saying is that we better lynch you now so that when you speak from the dead you will be speaking for the benefit of the town?
    That was a good chunk of my argument from back on Day 1, in case that wasn't clear enough.
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    Honestly - Vivet just seems to be aiming to get herself lynched. She offered herself up voluntarily the first day and is now acting pretty reckless today. It's a little too strong for my liking.

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Ileein said:
    Lavinya said:
    Can we get a vote count?

I've been more quiet about my suspicions about Cyndarin than I might ordinarily be, partially because I've been the target of most of their attacks and far be it from me to reflexively OMGUS. But really, their attacks on me haven't been the towering edifices of logic and reason they've been claiming. Third parties aren't automatically detrimental to town; only certain third parties are. And while they've been careful to mention Yarith from time to time, they've been focusing the brunt of their attacks on me specifically. It's all rather odd.
    Devil's advocate here, Yarith is town, just not from round here. 

We've proven Weiwae, did we ever get proof of how Breandryn's power works?
  • Synkarin said:
    Honestly - Vivet just seems to be aiming to get herself lynched. She offered herself up voluntarily the first day and is now acting pretty reckless today. It's a little too strong for my liking.
    The mod said there are no jesters.

My suggestion is as follows. We lynch vivet and then be cautious with the advice given. Then if ileein doesn't investigate someone useful , I.e. appears to be stalling, then we lynch ileein next. By then somebody should have spotted something useful at night if not sooner.
  • Luce said:
    Ileein said:
    Lavinya said:
    Can we get a vote count?

Devil's advocate here, Yarith is town, just not from round here. 

We've proven Weiwae, did we ever get proof of how Breandryn's power works?
    I'm guessing she starts with no cards but gets to pick a player to copy cards from. I'll be able to confirm my theory in a night or two.
    Weiwae said:
    Then if ileein doesn't investigate someone useful
    Cutting this out, since you are using this to hinge on a decision to lynch Ileein in the future. How will you determine if his investigation use is "useful"?
  • Vivet said:
    Weiwae said:
    Then if ileein doesn't investigate someone useful
    Cutting this out, since you are using this to hinge on a decision to lynch Ileein in the future. How will you determine if his investigation use is "useful"?
    Glad I refreshed because I was just about to post this. You can't just drop a threat like that and walk away; who counts as 'useful?' Would investigating you count as useful, @Weiwae?
    Jadice, the Frost Queen says to you, "Constant vigilance."
    For the record - Ileein's mention of my required puts him in the clear for me. When he said he knew my power, I didn't know he would pick up on that little flavour mechanic, but mentioning it means he did in fact investigate me, and thsu prove his abilities. 

and I realize there's no Jester, but Vivet's willingness to get stumped screams danger to me. I'm not willing to lynch her quite yet.

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
    required response*

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    @Weiwae has been oddly super aggressive about Vivet. I'm not sure we need to be. The way I figure, all her leftover powers are limited (one shot block and one shot doctor), and she's already shown that her character persona is tied tightly to some of her flavor; it'd be easy to figure out what actions she had taken, just as figuring out that the dayvig culprit was Vivet was easy. The only suspicious thing she's done in my book so far is, well, ask to be lynched...and happen to be Vivet.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Didn't Danzaburou have a bunch of one-off powers at the start of the game that turned permanent when I was...well, Luce'd.
  • Nah, they remained one-shots as far as I remember.
    Luce said:
    Didn't Danzaburou have a bunch of one-off powers at the start of the game that turned permanent when I was...well, Luce'd.
    I hope not. That'd be insanely OP.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
    No, they all remained one shot.
    Here's a question I've been tossing around: @Weiwae, which of the following two people do you find more suspicious? @Ileein, or @Vivet? Because you've indicated distrust of both, and I want to know which one you think is a greater threat and why.
    Synkarin said:
    The mod said there are no jesters.

My suggestion is as follows. We lynch vivet and then be cautious with the advice given. Then if ileein doesn't investigate someone useful , I.e. appears to be stalling, then we lynch ileein next. By then somebody should have spotted something useful at night if not sooner.
    From this, I get the impression you think Vivet is an immediate threat and Ileein a late-game threat. Why do you want Vivet neutered so soon? The two abilities she has claimed still having are not anti-town. If anything, they are a boon to town. Even in the position of mafia/cult, those two abilities can't hurt us much. I'm of the opinion her damage will be equal regardless of whether she's alive or dead; she can talk either way, and that's always been her greatest ability: confusing people.

Here's a thought, too. As long as Vivet is alive, we can still target her. We can track her. We can investigate her. A Vivet who is untrackable, un-investigateable, and un-confirmable seems much, much scarier to me than a Vivet we can still act on.

Secondly, like others, I find the implicit threat towards Ileein to be unusually pointed. Investigation is incredibly useful in a game like this, where many lies can go unchecked post-lynch. Is it unfortunate that a third party has this? Yes, yes it is, but I understand why people are valuing this third party in a stump set-up where verifying is only possible pre-lynch. Perhaps Ileein ought to investigate you tonight, Weiwae, to confirm you aren't out for his blood for no reason?
    Daraius said:
  • I'd just like to say we're making a lot of assumptions about Rat's win. As far as I know nothing's been said to prove that they need to kill Pollux to win, we've just assumed it. 
  • If someone has abilities, unless that ability activates when they die, they are objectively less dangerous while dead.

She may be more HELPFUL while alive - either to assist town or to give us clues to bad guys through her actions - but she is not less dangerous.
  • Right, it's very possible the rat is an extention of the scum or is the leader of their own cult. 
    I feel like we're going around in circles.
    (I'm the mom of Hallifax btw, so if you are in Hallifax please call me mom.)

== Professional Girl Gamer == 
    Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it
  • erm - just an extension and they have nothing to do with Pollux, I mean.
    (I'm the mom of Hallifax btw, so if you are in Hallifax please call me mom.)

== Professional Girl Gamer == 
    Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    DAMN. I was Pollux during that Chimaera mafia. It's sad that I went MIA though. I had to go through my inbox to look for Kira's old PM. Hahaha. I didn't realize that Pollux's role power was that potent then. I'm not that mafia savvy! 
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• LuceLuce Fox Populi
    At the very least, Ratatoskr's win condition would almost have to include "survive Pollux". Otherwise they could jump up and say "Strike me down and my minions will clinch this for me anyway, suckers!"