Touhou Mafia: Extreme Shrine Makeover Edition

Comments

• SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Kiradawea said:
    Vote count:
    Siam: Sylandra, Tremula, Breandryn, Krackenor (4)
    Melali: Synkarin, Yarith (2)

With 17 voters and 1 in absentia, it's 9 to vote someone off
    Shouldn't it be 9?
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
    (Also you missed Othero's vote!)
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • Iosion came back, didn't he?
    Oh was that why it was 9? Huh. Also Lavinya voted for Melali a few pages back. [/mafia restless]
    Daraius said:
  • Vote count:
    Siam: Sylandra, Tremula, Breandryn, Krackenor, Othero, Vivet, Yarith, Weiwae (8)
    Melali: Synkarin, Lavinya, Ushaara (3)

With 18 voters, it's 10 to vote someone off

Also, I had Ushaara marked as absent, but since he's made a vote, it'd make no sense to keep him counting as absent. So we're back to 18 voters, and half+1 = 10.
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    Unvote
    Vote: Siam

I'm not convinced of his guilt, but lets see.

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • I'm not totally sold on Siam being scum but he is being pretty odd, so let's finish this off. Vote: Siam
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Lesigh. I don't think we're going to learn anything either way. I suspect someone will have his pagoda either way, so it means they can likely use it. If so and it allows you to protect someone, use it wisely!

Also if that's not what it does, it would have seriously implicated him. I suspect mafia have it and are keeping quiet about it on purpose. 

• Next goal is to find out who has his pagoda. If it exists. 
  • I'm still guessing Lavinya would have basically been spending her night action reactivating Siam's disabled power rather than it being an actual item somebody else was randomly assigned that she's going to take back from them. Assuming this is all true, anyway.
  • Right, I suspect the same, so lack of a physical pagoda will help confirm Siam was lying.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Except he was saying the exact opposite? I think there is no physical pagoda, and that if Lavinya really is able to 'get it back' for him, it'd only be as a use of her night power. Basically instead of scouting for any old thing, she goes out and gets the pagoda and gives it to Siam. I REALLY doubt that anyone else 'has' it. And even if it's an item being held by someone, I doubt they would be able to use it in the same way.

I think everyone's just confused because of what I can only imagine is intentional obfustication on Siam's part. But que cera cera.

Vote: Siam
    If there is no physical pagoda I will have serious questions of my own regarding how misleading my role sheet is. Why trust that i can find it but not that it exists? Either siam was lying about the power, or we both made up lots of stuff. My ability to steal is confirmed and that siam and i are shou and nazrin doesn't seem to be doubted either. I don't expect siam to flip.

I don't know what happened to the pagoda. Maybe it's lost in the temple for me to find, i don't know but it is expressly mentioned in my role and when I first used my power. 

The pagoda exists. Does it work like siam claimed? I hope so or i have been duped by my team mate! 

It's possible you'll be able to sense the pagoda in the night, if your power is an item-sensor ability. In which case you could figure out who has a pagoda...?
    Daraius said:
  • Good news: Ratatoskr doesn't have the pagoda.
    Jadice, the Frost Queen says to you, "Constant vigilance."
    I've only tried to sense treasure once, and it told me that my dousing rod responded to Breandryn, the temple and Siam, suggesting Shou still had her pagoda. It also says if I find her pagoda I'll automatically return it to her presuming she's in the game. Not sure what will happen if I find it now.

Only one way to find out!
    Daraius said:
  • edited October 2016
    Vote count:
    Siam: Sylandra, Tremula, Breandryn, Krackenor, Othero, Vivet, Yarith, Weiwae, Synkarin, Lehki, Luce (11)
    Melali: Lavinya, Ushaara (2)

With 18 voters, it's 10 to vote someone off

That's a lynch!

"I'm telling you guys! Siam is my partner. He wouldn't sabotage the reconstruction efforts." Lavinya winces as Siam walks into a pile of planks, knocking them all over. "Intentionally."

"Look, Lavinya. It's not that we neccessarily think that Siam's one of the saboteurs. It's just..." Sylandra rubs her neck and looks around for someone to save her and finish the statement.

"He's random, capricious, defensive and he makes Cirno look like a genius!" Krackenor finishes bluntly.

"Yup yup." Synkarin agrees with a bright grin. "Eye'm a genius!"

"Riiight." Luce rolls his shoulders and points over towards Siam, who is in the process of antagonizing Breandryn. "Look, can't we just get rid of him. He's not adding anything to the discussion. He's just playing a silly game of "I know something that you don't know" and it's getting highly exhausting. Can you please take him back to the temple with you?"

"Also. Also. Who would lose something as important as a representative relic that's supposed to fulfill the visual aspect of being a god's avatar, am I right guys?" Yarith gives a cheesy grin for all of three seconds before he's distracted by something shiny.

"Riiight. Look, I'm sorry Lavinya, but the vast majority of us want him gone. Please don't make this a hassle."

"But. But..." Lavinya stares intently at Weiwae, before she takes a deep breath and then exhales. "Okay. I still think Melali's a far more apt choice to put pressure on... but okay. Siam. We're going!" Lavinya sighs and grumbles as she pulls Siam after her. The rest remain and continue their work until sun sets proper and it's time to call it a day.

Siam has been lynched

It is now Night 3. Night 3 will last until 13:30 12th of October or until all night actions have arrived.
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • Dawn is approaching. Night action results are being sent out.
  • Good news everyone! When you all return to the shrine, what awaits you all is a scroll that bears the mark of hell, sealed with bloody wax and reeking with the faint traces of blue soulfire. So obviously you all open the scroll and read what is written on it. Inside, Tamashi's role is exposed for all to see.

---

Tamashi was Toyosatomimi no Miko

You're Miko. Leader of the Taoist hermits.A peaceful leader who seeks to govern and lead humanity towards greatness. There's just that issue of that annoying shrine maiden who refuses to take her duties seriously, making friends with humans and youkai alike. There's also Byakuren, the Buddhist magician who tried to deny you your resurrection... but she's not really relevant now. With Reimu's shrine broken, it would be... beneficial to interrupt the repairs. After all, time the shrine maiden has to spend repairing the shrine on her own is time spent not interfering with you. You'll just have to get a few people to help you with your sabotage.

You're the Godfather of the Taoist mafia and win when your group composes half of the town.

Conversion: You can convince up to two other characters to join your mafia.

Details have been scrubbed

You can attempt a conversion once per night and if the target is eligible, they will join your team as a mafia member. Conversion is unblockable, but traceable.

Investigation: If you fight someone in a spellcard duel, you'll get a brief glimpse of who they are beneath the Seed of Unknown Form. Details have been scrubbed

Elimination: Every night after the first, you may choose to eliminate a weak player. The player will be informed of the attack, which takes the form of a spellcard duel that you'll automatically win if the target isn't somehow protected. They will not know the spellcard declared for the duel, only that they were attacked.

Stage 6 boss: You're immune to danmaku based eliminations.

Manipulation: Listening to the desires of others, you're able to urge others to do things they might not want. Once per day, and only once per person, you can force someone to challenge someone else to a spellcard duel, or you can force someone to accept the challenge. If you know their spellcards you can force them to use a particular one. If not, a spellcard will be chosen randomly.

Spellcards:

Secrets of the Tao (7): Scatter. No cooldown.

Spirits of human desire (9): Streamer. 1 match cooldown

Raining Light of Humanity (11): Scatter. 2 turn cooldown

---

With this key piece of information revealed, just too bad that parts of it has been smudged into uneligibility, it should be a whole lot easier to narrow down who has been sabotaging the reconstruction efforts.

Welcome to Gensokyo's day 4

Today's news:
    Spellcard duels are limited. Win or lose, you may only participate in one match. You may not make exhibition matches today.
    Tamashi's role reveal is real.

Finally, a copy of today's Bunbunmaru news has been delivered to the shrine for everyone to read.

-------
    Paranoia Increases as the Seeds of Unknown Form Continue to Obfuscate

There comes a time in every journalist's career when they are faced with a choice. A choice that forces them to analyze the role of the free press. A choice that forces them to define themselves and determine what kind of journalist they will be.

A choice, in other words, between tell-all exposes which lay all facts on the table or witholding some of the truth for the...ugh...greater good of the community. As you well know, loyal readers, I always prefer to bring the truth to light and every fiber of my being is just screaming at me to not break from this tradition. And yet, given the tumultuous events of these past several days I am inclined to play my cards a bit closer to the chest for fear of irreparable harm to the Hakurei shrine (if she-who-shall-no-longer-be-named won't do her duty, SOMEBODY has to care).

You see, after the silent and shifty Cyndarin was shunted to the side and I slinked out of my skylight, I pursued the one I believe to be responsible for little Weiwae's bout of paranoia!

'How scandalous!' you say. I know!

'This is the perfect opportunity to shine light onto those who lurk in the darkness!' you say. This too, I know!

And yet, loyal readers, I am not altogether certain that this sibilant spreader of psychoses was necessarily wrong in doing so. Weiwae has been acting somewhat oddly and I am not certain that her intentions are pure. I mean, I'm not certain as to the intentions of her stalker either, but until I have gathered  information I will NOT provide you with incorrect, sensationalist, fear-mongering drivel!

For that, you must seek out Kakashi Spirit News.

Until tomorrow
    Aya Shameimaru
    ---------

Welcome to Gensokyo day 4. With 17 voters, it is 9 to lynch.
  • Huh. Just the one match? And here I had prepared two... I'll go with this one then:

@Yarith. This is, without a doubt, one without any ill intentions; I'm just extremely impressed of her (I mean, she came from a whole other world and created her own spellcards, something that some of us who have always lived here are unable to do), and want to give her an opportunity to show us her third spellcard (or to make another showing of one she has shown already).

Yarith! I challenge you to a duel! Hourai's Seven-Coloured Jewel!

(for the record, the second one would've been against Sylandra for not having shown any cards)
  • I think we should hold off on the duels for a minute until we can talk about the implications of Tamashi's (I assume) coroner report.
  • To start, we know she definitely recruited somebody on the Night 0 since she didn't flip on execution. Probably took a shot in the dark and got lucky on hitting an eligible target. So if they're alone an unable to recruit, they're essentially a SK now, and probably biding their time before starting to off people. Second I think this means that Tamashi's duels on Day 1 were most likely an attempt at hunting for for a second recruit like she had claimed.

Also, we know for certain that there is at LEAST 1 night kill out there now, gotta

I believe Tamashi challenged just Tremula and Ilieen, before we started putting her under scrutiny and directing her challenges. Ileein we already know her deal, but I think we can say Tremula is probably not who was recruited Night 0.  Only one person eliminated but it's a start I guess.

I need to go back and double check who she claimed to recognize and not. I'm not sure if her not recognizing somebody definately equals them not being Town though 

The other big implication is that I'm just gonna take this as confirmation that there's a definitely at the least one other scum group, based on the max size of her group, and that it was specifically referred to as the "Taoist Mafia".  This might mean that there's a Buddhist Mafia too, but I don't think that's a given, could be something else. But I think it's currently a safe bet that there was a second Godfather of another mafia out there. If we believe the Census on Day 1, that there were 4 people out there trying to Sabotage, I think we can conclude that it refereed to Tamashi + her one recruit, and then either a second godfather who also grabbed a recruit, or a godfather and an SK or something similar. 

• I don't know how that one sentence got cut off half way through, so sorry of the triple post.  Was trying to say if there's 1 night kill, can bet that there's more, so we should keep thinking on why we have no seen any so far, though there's probably still too many explanations for that to make any solid conclusions. 
  • "But. But..." Lavinya stares intently at Weiwae, before she takes a deep breath and then exhales. "Okay. I still think Melali's a far more apt choice to put pressure on... but okay. Siam. We're going!" Lavinya sighs and grumbles as she pulls Siam after her.

Are they both gone?
  • No. Lavinya is still in the game.
  • Darn, so much for my lovers theory.

I'm wondering if the news post about Weiwae is saying that he's another mafia. If he attempted to convert Kalaneya and failed, that would explain the other post about them being together, but her being unaware.

Alternatively, the reporter could be against us and throwing us bad info...
  • UshaaraUshaara Schrödinger's Traitor
    The lack of night deaths is completely throwing me off.

If the other group has similar mechanics + win condition, they would have to have seen 16 other players eliminated to win (unless mafia groups can share a win which seems off?). So we should have likely seen an elimination last night from the second group, since they would have had enough nights to get to full strength?
  • Orrrr arsonist