Touhou Mafia: Extreme Shrine Makeover Edition

Comments

• I think so, yeah. Pretty sure that was part of the reason the train on him gained steam so quickly
  • Lehki, on question 3 how did you ask it? It seems odd with the way you explained things that you only got info on one scum group.
  • The third question or the one I asked on Night 3? 
  • okay I guess you mean night 3.

So what I asked, I worded a little convolutedly because I wasn't sure how to word it? But I was basically asking if there was anyway could use flavor to figure out who scum was. Like if we knew Tamashi was a Taoist, would that mean that we should be looking for other Taoist connected characters.

The answer I was given was that, no, there wasn't a flavor connection between the characters in the scum, because the people in the scum were essentially being randomly selected by the starting Godfather. So we can't use character flavor to snoop out the scum. She also mentioned that she was trying setting up the scum like this specifically to avoid people using the flavor to deduce who the scum are.

She didn't specifically say that there ARE two Godfathers with that power, but I feel it's pretty obvious that that's the case.
  • edited October 2016
    Votecount:

Othero: Luce, Lavinya, Ssaliss, Synkarin, Yarith, Sylandra (6)

With 16 voters and 1 in absentia, it is 9 to lynch.

Iosion has failed to respond to Ssaliss's challenge and has thus forfeithed.

Melali has forfeithed the challenge made by Ssaliss.

(And if I missed a vote, think of that as a nudge to make your votes more easily visible. If you vote in a sentence, please vote again on your own line within the post so I can find it more easily.)
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Okay then I'll repeat Vote Othero.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • Added. I wish the forum could handle coloured text without rolling over and crying. It'd be so much easier to spot them if I could make votes be red, rather than bold.
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • UshaaraUshaara Schrödinger's Traitor
    6 third parties? Wasn't expecting that many...Hmm. 

@Ssaliss get anything off Iosion/Melali?
  • Yep. Writing a post.
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    I...I guess? This game is incredibly confusing and I feel super not-helpful for what I can offer, even though I know it's a decent ability. I just have no experience with games where stumping is in effect, but I guess I'm a little inclined to trust Lehki if that's actually his power.

Of course, he could be pulling a Sylandra from PokeMafia and making up the power to hide being a warlock being an arson, but I guess we're going to have to keep making blind faith votes. We should also remember we're likely to have Iosion modkilled at the end of gameday (since I'm guessing no one's volunteered to replace, or they'd have been in by now), so we're losing two rather than one if the Othero vote goes through.

Vote: Othero
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • So. Results.

Iosion: No power taken.

Melali has one of the weirdest powers I've ever seen: Investingating someone for nightkill immunity. Who have you investigated, Melali, and what were the results (if you feel fine with revealing that bit)?

Unless my data is incorrect (and if it is, feel free to point it out), the two people who haven't claimed (or I at least know their powers) yet are Krackenor and Falmiis. There are also cases where it simply cannot be verified, such as Othero's claim to be a vanilla town. So with that in mind, I'll just do

@Krackenor! I challenge you to a duel! Control Sign: Toys for Children!

(also, on my sleeping meds, so I might have misremembered a claim somewhere)

(also also, if @Weiwae will help me get a boost in a duel with Falmiis, I'll try dueling him as well)
  • Ah it sounds like Melali is probably the reporter then?
    Falmiis has claimed doctor. Whether or not we believe him is up for debate.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
    Ssaliss if you really did copy my other power you shouldn't need to challenge Krackenor. I'm sure he wasn't the arsonist.

That you are challenging everyone now after Lehki's reveal of 6 third parties makes me think you might be one and have to duel everyone for your win.

Your info is great sure, but rawr potential third party!
    It's honestly hard to tell with @Ssaliss atm because everything he's doing makes sense from a town or third party standpoint. I'm more interested in how Krackenor will respond though.
    Daraius said:
    Well yeah up to Krackenor, but I'm now thinking Ssaliss/Weiwae are a third party pair and other two individuals are probably Yarith for being non touhou and Breandryn for not being a magical girl.
  • Nope. I'm town. I didn't even get any flavour about Tao/Buddhist. I'm a dude, too!
  • I just re read that. I am not a magic girl but it seems that my character is a repeat one in the series, according to Google.
  • @Ssaliss: I do not trust you or your motives at all. Nor am I entirely convinced that you are actually copying these abilities as you claim (see, sure, but copy?). But since I don't seem to have a choice in the matter...

I accept your duel with the Jewel of Truth! We duel for spellcards!

• Vote: Othero just to prove I'll still be alive.

And yeah, I meant the question from night 3. 
  • Yeah, my power is pretty limited in its use.

Anyway, I've investigated, in order, Ileein, Siam, Ssaliss, and Ushaara. I tried to investigate Iosion last night, but was jailed. Everyone but Ileein was vulnerable to night kill eliminations. 

Anyway, the best proof is that I was really hounding Ileein that first day to see if he would admit to being night kill immune. 

Oh, Lehki, maybe you could all of there are any Town people who are night kill immune? That would give me an effective investigation, since anyone who was immune would not be Town if the answer is no. Of course, if there is a Townie who is immune to night kills, they can speak up and let us know. 

Temporary protections, like jailing or commuting, don't count as being night kill immune to my investigating, by the way. 

Do people want me to do a full flavor reveal later? I'm on my phone right now. 
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Melali said:
    Of course, if there is a Townie who is immune to night kills, they can speak up and let us know.
    Yo.
  • You know, a night kill immunity sensor would work great as a secondary ability for an arson...or scum in general
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    Melali's power is to investigate night kill immunity only?
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• Oh, I also have a one shot night kill. I forgot about it, since I've never had to nor wanted to use it. 
  • THAT'S NOT EXACTLY COMFORTING!
  • I'm not saying it to comfort people. Also, with just that limited investigating, I'd be drastically underpowered. Anyway, is there anything else? Do people care about the flavor of my role? 
  • Zitto has replaced Iosion

Ssaliss challenges Krackenor
    As soon as the fight begins, Krackenor starts to zoom about the field, leaving tiny gemstones that flicker about the field before pulsing with a green light. With each pulse a beam of light is sent out towards Ssaliss, who nimbly dances between the beams while conjuring up his yoyos. The toys arc about him, flicking in probing patterns towards Krackenor. And while Krackenor is quick, he can't quite keep up with the bursts of bullets that the yoyos leave behind, and after a mistimed dodge he ends up crashing headfirst into one of the yoyos. He tumbles forward with a cry of pain and comes to a screeching halt on the ground, leaving him stunned.

Ssaliss has won the challenge.

• LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Man, everybody's a oneshot vig in this game...