Real World Raves

Comments

• SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    Eritheyl said:
    Facebook ads gave me something cool for once.

@Siam
    Potato Resistance is real. Watch out @Xenthos!
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• RancouraRancoura the Last Nightwreathed Queen Canada
    What a waste of potatoes :/

Tonight amidst the mountaintops
    And endless starless night
    Singing how the wind was lost
    Before an earthly flight

• LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Dunno if it's the right place for this, but the Crossword theme was "T-Minus", and the clue was Shakespeare's masseuse's line. ___________

Answer:  HERESTHERUB

• edited November 2016
    Yesssss overtime until at least 10:30, probably later. :):):)

Edit: Muhaha into double time hours. Totally using this cash to buy my sister a sweet sweet wedding gift.
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Yesterday I made a really tough decision that, as I debated it, had been making my physically ill for weeks. Now that it's out of the way, I can start looking forward.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • edited November 2016
    So while we were working last night (ended up staying until 1!) the other teams were preparing a surprise. We rolled in today to find a whole dessert pot luck prepared by a dozen wonderful people. Best breakfast ever!!!

Edit: I just found out we're getting Phil's BBQ delivered for lunch. And nothing has blown up from our migration to AWS. What a great day!
  • Really had a pretty great week of meets, hiking, exploration, and goat feeding. Thanks to everyone that I spent time with during it - I think I saw 11 different lusternia players this week between the two meets?? Awesome.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Luce said:
    Remember that time Humble Bundle did a tonne of Pathfinder books as a bundle that was worth, like, $1gajillion? Have the Mistborn, Laundry Files, Atomic Robo, Dresden Files, and A Song of Ice and Fire Roleplaying games. You don't even have to beat the average this time.
    I primarily bought this for Dresden, but on reading MbRPG, I kinda want to play a few campaigns of that, in either era. Or both. I do not, however, feel quite up to RUNNING a Scadrial game, which is a conundrum.
    I keep a fairly keep house most of the time anyway. But the house is now cleaner than it has been in... well, since maybe we moved in. Family and dogs are coming tomorrow for a stay through the weekend, so tonight, we dined in peace for the last time :P .
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

• EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Luce said:
    Luce said:
    Remember that time Humble Bundle did a tonne of Pathfinder books as a bundle that was worth, like, $1gajillion? Have the Mistborn, Laundry Files, Atomic Robo, Dresden Files, and A Song of Ice and Fire Roleplaying games. You don't even have to beat the average this time.
    I primarily bought this for Dresden, but on reading MbRPG, I kinda want to play a few campaigns of that, in either era. Or both. I do not, however, feel quite up to RUNNING a Scadrial game, which is a conundrum

Yesh, I bought this. Mistborn is cool!
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    I'm wondering if I might not pick up Skaa: of Tin and Ash at some point, and I DEFINITELY will be picking up the Bands of Mourning updated era 2 supplement.

Then all I'd need are three or four friends who actually know what in Ruin I'm talking about. Rusts, I suspect Old Ironeyes will come for me before then though.

P.S. Allomancer Jak's companion is hilarious and if I weren't married, I swear to Harmony...
  • PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    Just finished shaping my rolls for later and feel so chill. I could fondle dough all day long, it's so relaxing. Soft and squishy and stretchy...like a stress ball you get to eat later. 
    Third year in a row of enjoying a full Thanksgiving meal that neither my wife nor I are cooking. It's a good day :) .

• KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    I have a new jacket for this year's Dickensian festival, the epaulettes are thankfully not as heavy as last year, also a cloak.

A big thick, mushy warm cloak <3

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• https://www.zazzle.co.uk/lusternia+gifts ...apparently this is a thing? 
    Moon Priestess Ridien says, "The blood of an animal, however, can also be a tool. Consider fetishes -
    - efficient, powerful tools created by ecologists. It is exactly as Kendra says -- a tool of bones 
    and blood that has been magnified, changed, enchanted. Made into a tool."
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    edited November 2016
    My Thanksgiving featured marvelous food, immaculate desserts, some surprisingly heartfelt sentiments shared, no family drama, and a lot of Planet Coaster after everyone left. And I don't have to work again until Sunday.  B)
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • Kendra said:
    https://www.zazzle.co.uk/lusternia+gifts ...apparently this is a thing? 
    More of was a thing when the game was trying out merch things. IIRC, Lusternia didn't make much money from sales after zazzle took their cut.
  • edited November 2016
    Thanksgiving number 1 is going lovely. I have 4 events I need to show up to this weekend, due to various reasons, but things are off to a beautiful and relaxing start. I have the most wonderful boyfriend to help - crowds and social stuff RL wears me down, but he's a wonderful rock I can lean on. :)

Edit: my mom has enough champagne in her to start talking about her "prophetic" sex dreams with past presidents. Family gatherings can be hilarious XD
  • ...well, this went fairly well. Maybe 2 minor blow ups from the sister, and the first one was  really  understandable[my niece wouldn't leave her cat alone, and my parents are  really too indulgant] and the  second time she was tired, and was fairly short/tame.
    And i got deviled eggs! Woo!
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    Today we had to go in for training at work, but since my class is literally two weeks ahead, we were going to have to sit with nothing to do for almost two hours. Instead, I pulled to my strengths and ran a mafia game.

The class caught the bug and want me to host another whenever we have free time. 
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
    Thanksgiving was an exhausting whirlwind, but it was good. Got to spend some time with family who made the long trip up to see us, since we can't really go anywhere for the major holidays. Our puppy is crashed on her bed, totally exhausted from playing with her big (and I do mean BIG) "auntie" German Shepherd. I ate sooooo much food, including three pieces of pie on Thanksgiving itself. And my family cleaned up before they left, putting everything away, meaning I only had to put a few things back in their place when I got home.

• DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Everiine said:
    Our puppy is crashed on her bed, totally exhausted from playing with her big (and I do mean BIG) "auntie" German Shepherd.
    I keep refreshing the Pet Pics thread but I still don't see any evidence of this.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • It's Giving Tuesday! Working at GoFundMe is exciting today!!! My newsfeed is full of inspiring stories, we are doing givebacks (30-100 campaigns each get $1000 donated from us a month), and we are projecting nearly $8million for total money fundraised for people today. That's crazy and inspiring and wonderful - there is a lot of darkness and pain in the world, but there are also so so many good, kind, hopeful people out there. :)
  • PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    Eating sourdough rolls straight from the oven when they're still alarmingly hot makes me happy. These turned out so well. Might have a new favorite discard recipe.
  • I am not a huge fan of the winter holidays - people in general at like assholes as the scurry about, totally stressed out. You're forced to spend time with your extended family, which inevitably includes one or more people you seriously clash with. There's a lot of pressure to make everything "just so," and buying the right gifts, and making sure your gifts are at least as good, or slightly better than the ones you are receiving.

But, there is also pinot noir, and baked brie, and a new season of Vikings, and new books, and old books, and pedicures and generally remembering to carve out time to enjoy life. Basically I'm raving for the ability to stay happy. It's great.
    #NoWireHangersEver

Vive l'apostrophe!