Tweets VII: Tweet Child of Mine

Comments

• KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Yarith said:
    That's far from it. You've been killing loyal mobs day in day out on times when nobody is around for weeks. The moment anyone shows up you run unless you know you can get a cheap kill. It's Twytch all over again.
    Funny. We've had daughters vanish constantly since I got back and no one seems to recall being around when they got attacked.

Do we really want to get into this contest again?

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    edited November 2016
    Tristanna said:
    Tylwyth said:
    Everiine said:
    Every time Ev gets serious and asks, "Who are you?", I picture him as this guy:

Who is that guy?
    It's a Babylon 5 thing.
    I now <3@Tristanna.

He's Sebastian. He works for the Vorlons. He's their Inquisitor. He has a dark secret. And he spends an entire episode asking Ambassador Delenn and Captain Sheridan, "Who are you?" rejecting every answer given.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • How can some people afford to price things ridiculously cheap in shops :( I feel if I try to price match, I lose gold rather than make it.
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    That's the secret--they don't care about losing gold. It's not about making a profit.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • Everiine said:
    That's the secret--they don't care about losing gold. It's not about making a profit.
    I suppose so, just sucks for some people who want to make a little gold is all!
  • I think most people price just ever so slightly above cost.

Also you have to factor in that a lot of people have artifacts and such which makes their production better/cheaper so they can price at a cheaper way than non artifacted people.
  • AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
    For me, my prices change at what I pay on the market to get things. If ingredients raise, my potions get expensive, if I score a dead drop deal on spice, my food will be cheaper.. you get the gist. I have found the key to not losing one's head over shopkeeping is that you price stuff at reasonable prices ( ingredient cost + a little bit for the effort ) and jsut wait. Stuff will eventually sell itself, it just takes time. Trying to compete with the lowest bidder seems like a race you're going to lose.
    Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.
  • Karlach said:
    Yarith said:
    That's far from it. You've been killing loyal mobs day in day out on times when nobody is around for weeks. The moment anyone shows up you run unless you know you can get a cheap kill. It's Twytch all over again.
    Funny. We've had daughters vanish constantly since I got back and no one seems to recall being around when they got attacked.

Yeah! You're never around when I am.  Raid when I'm around ploz!

<3
    Take great care of yourselves and each other.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    One reason gems were always a go-to commodity. A trans jeweller with a hammer cuts an average of 8 gems or so per cut, and (raw) gems have never been super expensive per-unit. Then once Hallifax came out, suddenly four of the twelve cut gems were being produced like crazy as a side-effect of boosting the spheres and not being used by them like the other eight, so pearls, bloodstones, coral, and moonstones fell in value like Taj-Mahal poker chips. 
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    I make a profit on my goods. On some items it's little, granted, but I refuse to stock at a loss. I make everything myself, I have trade arties, I buy comms as cheap as I can. Makes things drastically cheaper than relying on other people for comms or goods.

• SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    I price the way other people in the city/commune are pricing their wares, give or take a little. Halli has a pretty well silently agreed upon pricing for origami, for example, that people rarely deviate from.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    I don't particularly care about how other people are pricing their wares; I price nearly every crafted item by cost + 50%. And then maybe rounding up or down a bit to have a nicer looking number. If I got the comms for free because I produced them out of thin air at some point, doesn't matter, it's still getting priced by what they're worth.
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    I don't remember how much anything costs. T_T I usually buy a bunch of comms and then forget about it until I run out, and then I repeat the cycle. It's easier for me to see what other people are doing than to do math.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • @Karlach zz. It's not when nobody is around that's the problem.
    (I'm the mom of Hallifax btw, so if you are in Hallifax please call me mom.)

== Professional Girl Gamer == 
    Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it
    Ciaran said:
    Karlach said:
    Yarith said:

Yeah! You're never around when I am.  Raid when I'm around ploz!

<3
    I've actually avoided most raiding since coming back, the amount of drama and petty comments just isn't worth it.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• Anita said:
    How can some people afford to price things ridiculously cheap in shops :( I feel if I try to price match, I lose gold rather than make it.
    I pick a random number in my head when I price things and go "yeah that sounds right"
  • If that number happened to be, like, 5 for sparkleberries, I won't complain.
  • I made a script to check all the prices visible at the aetherplex for stuff I wanna sell and then display stuff like average, mean, spread, total quantity.  Like..

Market Data for :mana
    Total amount : 7384
    Lowest Price : 90gp
    Market Average : 135.01923076923
    MyShop: 100gp
    90gp : 200
    95gp : 47
    100gp : 564
    120gp : 4607
    123gp : 59
    125gp : 28
    126gp : 200
    130gp : 36
    170gp : 132
    200gp : 1511

Make a choice based on that.  Though I haven't really been on top of restocking in awhile...
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    do want. Do want badly.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    Lehki said:
    I could make a package for it if people wanted?
    Aren't you on ZMud?
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
  • Neos said:
    Lehki said:
    I could make a package for it if people wanted?
    Aren't you on ZMud?
    No, I switched over years ago.
  • Yesss please. I have three shops that need care!

• TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • Quest bugs :(
  • Blast you new keyboard, I don't think I've ever typoed so many things in such a short amount of time in my life.
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    You open your stocking and pull out a group of 147 auronidion particles.
    You cannot store a group of 147 auronidion particles within your rift as there is not enough room.

Auto-rifting on gift type things no longer goes over the storage cap?

http://i.imgur.com/k7Oidbu.gif

• Vivet said:
    You open your stocking and pull out a group of 147 auronidion particles.
    You cannot store a group of 147 auronidion particles within your rift as there is not enough room.

Auto-rifting on gift type things no longer goes over the storage cap?

http://i.imgur.com/k7Oidbu.gif

Auto rifting does go over the cap. Sometimes auronidion particles glitch and don't go into the rift when they are auto-rifted.

And people wonder why there's a lack of fights  ;)

This discussion has been closed.