QUOTES 8: THE QUOTING

Comments

• Set the server-side sipper up. I'm sure it could keep you alive against masochism.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    I wonder if it would let you sip through Divine Mandate.

Somehow, I do not think so.
  • KagatoKagato Auckland, New Zealand
    This location is flooded with shallow, crystal clear water. A few light wisps of cloud are spread
    high in the sky. There are 44 merian priestesses here.

...dang
    Never put passion before principle.  Even if you win, you lose.

If olive oil comes from olives, where does baby oil come from?

If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    Kick one.
  • One day there should be a quest to make you gather all the priestesses in one location. You'd quickly realize that's not even 1/5th of the priestesses out there....
  • KagatoKagato Auckland, New Zealand
    edited April 2013
    Eventru said:
    One day there should be a quest to make you gather all the priestesses in one location. You'd quickly realize that's not even 1/5th of the priestesses out there....
    Oh I realise that all too well x_x
    Never put passion before principle.  Even if you win, you lose.

If olive oil comes from olives, where does baby oil come from?

If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?
  • So what I'm hearing is that you could influence Eventru's realm, and by the time you are done, they'd already be respawning? 
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Morshoth said:
    So what I'm hearing is that you could influence Eventru's realm, and by the time you are done, they'd already be respawning? 
    More likely by the time you're halfway done. I remember influencing priestesses as a faeling with pretty much all possible buffs... and they were some tough critters.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    As memory serves, godrealms generally have one mob for every two rooms in it. That give you an idea of how bored Eventru is.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Morshoth said:
    So what I'm hearing is that you could influence Eventru's realm, and by the time you are done, they'd already be respawning? 
    Not even. Like Elanorwen said, there are too many priestesses. You can stay in Eventruland in perpetuity (you can ask someone to bring you bromides).
    If it's broken, break it some more.
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    So, we had Gorky come out and he asked us where we wanted the shop directory to be placed, and this happened:

(Glomdoring): Celina says, "I'll claim seniority on this one and make the decision."
    (Glomdoring): You say, "This works - we're at a branch in a subterranean tunnel Gorky."
    (Glomdoring): Gorky Hardbottom says, "If yer sure."
    (Glomdoring): Gorky Hardbottom says, "Ol' Gorky will get to it when he gets to it."
    (Glomdoring): Celina says, "Indeed I am."
    (Glomdoring): You say, "Do send our regards to the Lady Viravain, please."
    (Glomdoring): Celina says, "Who wishes to message the Dark Regent and accept her ire 
    should this be in the wrong place."
    (Glomdoring): Celina says, "Suddenly a lot less chatty, aren't we."
    (Glomdoring): Thul says, "I think we're fine as long as it doesn't end up in Serenwilde 
    or something."
    (Glomdoring): Nihta says, "I do believe you said you accepted the onus of the decision, 
    Princess."
    (Glomdoring): Lerad says, "I will."
    (Glomdoring): Celina says, "Indeed I did, but she does not have to know that."
    (Glomdoring): Gorky Hardbottom says, "Never ye fear. Gorky will blame the witch if all 
    goes wrong."
    (Glomdoring): Celina says, "I will assume you mean Rowena."
    (Glomdoring): Gorky Hardbottom says, "I mean ye, O Princess of Princesses."
    (Glomdoring): Gorky Hardbottom says, "Ahh. Hoity toity coven don't like being called 
    witches now, eh?"
    (Glomdoring): You say, "Ahem."
    (Glomdoring): Celina says, "We prefer to maintain a level of dignity befitting the 
    faithful of Mother Night."
    (Glomdoring): Celina says, "We understand others are less....hoity toity."
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

Oh, Gorky.

... he was actually really tame.  Viravain must have sat him down for that little chat.
    Xenthos said:
    Oh, Gorky.

... he was actually really tame.  Viravain must have sat him down for that little chat.
    Definitely like the last name... although it could've been worse, I guess... there's always WIGGLEbottom.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    Gorky's cool! 
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

Elanorwen said:
    Xenthos said:
    Oh, Gorky.

Definitely like the last name... although it could've been worse, I guess... there's always WIGGLEbottom.
    He used to be so overly lecherous, I would cringe whenever I saw him around to start up a building project (once they switched him from Ephemeral to Glom-builder-mob when the Swampghast just couldn't cut it any more).
  • From my harmony challenge:

Shedrin throws out a quick jab at a glowing sphere of harmony.
    A glowing sphere of harmony dodges the blow.

Shedrin connects.
    Shedrin has scored an OBLITERATING CRITICAL hit!
    The final blow proves too much for a glowing sphere of harmony, who expires, pitifully.
    A glowing sphere of harmony has been slain by Shedrin.
    Many golden sovereigns spill from the corpse.

Shedrin's aura of weapons rebounding disappears.
    Shedrin connects.
    Shedrin has scored a CRUSHING CRITICAL hit.
    The final blow proves too much for a glowing sphere of harmony, who expires, pitifully.
    A glowing sphere of harmony has been slain by Shedrin.
    Many golden sovereigns spill from the corpse.
  • RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    (The Assimilated): Ceana says, "The decapitated head of Shedrin within the Temporal Omnihedron says, "Ah, AH, AH, AH, STAYIN' ALIVE, STAYIN ALIVE"."
    You're missing a torso.  The Omnihedron doesn't qualify.

Plus, I think the head came with head, eyes, ears, and scalp already attached!  It'll be a mutant.

... on second thought, that is pretty close to a homunculus.
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    You ask Evali, "How are you, little one?"

Druidess Evali Lavariel Myeras smiles and says to you, "I am well, thank you."

Druidess Evali Lavariel Myeras frowns and says to you, "I do miss a particular person, though."

'Oh?' you exclaim quizzically at Evali.

Evali nods her head emphatically.

Druidess Evali Lavariel Myeras says to you, "The Head Librarian."

Evali gives a pained sigh.

You utter a deep, rumbling laugh.

You smile and say to Evali, "Not what I was expecting."
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
    @Isune:

Motes of light around the caldera pulse brightly as a soft voice echoes, "Beauty is that which extols the higher emotions. It is aesthetic, pleasing to be hold, and can be cathartic in its nature."

ca·thar·tic

[kuh-thahr-tik]  Show IPA
    adjective
    of or pertaining to catharsis.
    Also, ca·thar·ti·cal. evacuating the bowels; purgative.
    3.      a purgative.

>.> 
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • ZyphoraZyphora :: the sun in her splendour ::
    Shaddus said:
    @Isune:

Motes of light around the caldera pulse brightly as a soft voice echoes, "Beauty is that which extols the higher emotions. It is aesthetic, pleasing to be hold, and can be cathartic in its nature."

ca·thar·tic

[kuh-thahr-tik]  Show IPA
    adjective
    of or pertaining to catharsis.
    Also, ca·thar·ti·cal. evacuating the bowels; purgative.
    3.      a purgative.

>.> 
    Adjective
    Providing psychological relief through the expression of strong emotions; causing catharsis.

Shh, let me amuse myself. :(
  • TacitaTacita <3s Xynthin 4eva!!!11
    It took me twice as long to read through that when it was first given to me because I had to keep pausing to laugh so much.
  • edited April 2013
    If I recall, that was when Glomdoring went Commercial, and made propaganda about collecting rockeaters.
    Shedrin said:
    If I recall, that was when Glomdoring went Commercial, and made propaganda about collecting rockeaters.
    Well, you'd be the guy in the know when propaganda is concerned.