QUOTES 8: THE QUOTING

Comments

• With the help of Lerad, I've confirmed that shrouding doesn't make it send a Room.AddPlayer or Room.RemovePlayer. So you're safe!

In fact, it doesn't even show you on Room.Players if you're shrouded, which might be a bit much. Hrm.
  • Apparently, it now shows you on Room.Players if you have Thirdeye. Either I was slightly blind, or someone changed it before I could even bug it. Either way, yay!
  • edited May 2013

************************[ BodyScan - Resistances Full ]************************

Source Type DMP Resistance

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Construct SacredPyramid All 5

Consumable Amber Malt All 50

Consumable Kirigami Charm All 5

Racial Alcohol Tolerance All 200

All 260 -

Elemental 0 -

Cosmic 0 -

Resilience Cutting 12

Tattoo Cutting 10

Cutting 22 (282) 78%

Resilience Blunt 12

Tattoo Blunt 10

Blunt 22 (282) 78%

Curio Asphyxiation 15

Asphyxiation 15 (275) 77%

Resilience Poison 6

Tattoo Poison 10

Poison 16 (276) 78%

Psychic 0 (260) 75%

Magic Magical 12

Magical 12 (272) 77%

Cold 0 (260) 75%

Electricity 0 (260) 75%

Athletics Fitness Fire 15

Construct SacredPyramid Fire 10

Tattoo Fire 10

Fire 35 (295) 80%

Tattoo Divinus 10

Divinus 10 (270) 77%

Tattoo Excorable 5

Excorable 5 (265) 76%

*******************************************************************************

Ok this is about the maximum DMP it should be possibly to achieve unless you're a commune drunk dwarf with Nightkiss or it's Moon alternative. It's nearly unusable at this level though so you wouldn't see drunk dwarf standard bearers like this since the command loss combined with still taking the unblockable portion of the damage plus another 20-25% on top would make it fairly unviable. Drunk Dwarf is still incredibly nice at lower drunkeness levels though. Good fix Iosai!

• XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Drunk dwarf standardbearer with aegis, though... hmmm.
  • WHERE ARE THE QUOTES
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Anita said:
    WHERE ARE THE QUOTES
    Happy?

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• TurnusTurnus The Big Bad Wolf
    Morkarion said:
    Players with Yesod/Shroud only show on entry/exit through choice entry power or their beasts (assuming they aren't in chameleon)
    Or through pets that have reactions on said person's entry/exit. But that's getting to technical details.

~--------------**--------------~

The original picture of Turnus is still viewable here, again by Feyrll.
  • Xenthos said:

Throw in a Minstrel singing that song that makes you fumble less and you've got a pretty solid tank!
  • edited May 2013
    Eventru said:
    Xenthos said:

Throw in a Minstrel singing that song that makes you fumble less and you've got a pretty solid tank!
    And add Healing auras for tanky overkill!
    Throw up a personal and order wide healing shrine, get the bard song from Gaudi that increases HP the more you're drunk and you're just going into the realm of overkill.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• Shield shrine! Pretty sure the area shield effect cuts off 20% of incoming damage.
  • This is like the Third mani that wanders in while Mork and I are bashing, he barely even has time to register that I swapped targets. Teehee.

(Morkarion's Squad): You say, "Targeting MANIFESTATION."
    10151h, 5337m, 7312e, 10p, 26660en, 30147w Belrxkb<>- (XBHSPFA)
    beast order attack Manifestation
    manifest destruction at Manifestation
    You have no beast here you can command.
    10151h, 5337m, 7312e, 10p, 26660en, 30147w Belrxkb<>- (XBHSPFA)
    You shape liquid globes of power from the air and hurl them at a Manifestation of the Dreaming. He screams in agony as they splash across his burning skin and hungrily devour it.
    10151h, 5337m, 7312e, 10p, 26660en, 30147w Belrkb<>- (XBHSPFA)

Tendrils of astral light from a power node reach out and wrap around Morkarion, whose eyes glow with a fierce luminosity before fading to normal.
    10151h, 5337m, 7312e, 10p, 26660en, 30147w Belrkb<>- (XBHSPFA)

A Manifestation of the Dreaming surrounds you with a sparkling whirlwind that scours your skin.
    8929h, 5344m, 7312e, 10p, 26660en, 30144w Belrkb<>- (XBHSPFA) -1222 +7

Acidic blood spilling from its brim, a mysterious urn floats in from the northwest.
    8929h, 5344m, 7312e, 10p, 26660en, 30158w Belrkb<>- (XBHSPFA)

A brown rage worg with a sleek red mane rears back and unhinges her jaws, blasting an invisible force at a Manifestation of the Dreaming, who screams as his eyes bulge and blood leaks from his ears.

Morkarion swings a Wyrdling katana of red and gold at a Manifestation of the Dreaming. Morkarion cuts him with a light wound.
    Morkarion has scored an ANNIHILATINGLY POWERFUL CRITICAL HIT!

You have recovered balance on all limbs. 3.074
    8929h, 5344m, 7312e, 10p, 26660en, 30158w Belrxkb<>- (XBHSPFA)
    beast order attack Manifestation
    manifest destruction at Manifestation
    You have no beast here you can command.
    8929h, 5344m, 7312e, 10p, 26660en, 30158w Belrxkb<>- (XBHSPFA)
    You shape liquid globes of power from the air and hurl them at a Manifestation of the Dreaming. He screams in agony as they splash across his burning skin and hungrily devour it.
    You have scored a WORLD-SHATTERING CRITICAL HIT!!!
    You focus on your wasted efforts, resolving to shift the damage forward.
    A Manifestation of the Dreaming is burned to a crisp by the globes of power, dropping his charred corpse to the ground.
    You have slain a Manifestation of the Dreaming.
    A king's ransom of golden sovereigns spills from the corpse.
    Morkarion grabs the gold and distributes it to Morkarion's Squad.
    You are handed 4995 for yourself.
    You suddenly scoop up the corpse of a Manifestation of the Dreaming.
    get gold
    Gained 4126 essence

--------------------------------------------
    (Ebon Creations): You say, "Rofl rofl."

(Ebon Creations): Morkarion says, "Holy **** that dropped fast."

(Ebon Creations): You say, "Another insta mani kill."

(Ebon Creations): Morkarion says, "Was like "Target manifestation HERE IS 4,000 GOLD!""

(Ebon Creations): You say, "Morkros too stronk."
    Nerf Destruction...

That or give it here damnit.

• ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Morkarion said:
    Nerf Destruction...

That or give it here damnit.
    No.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
    A wet, gurgling scream echoes from a distant point, accompanied by throaty snarls. The air blurs as Shikari appears before Malarious and grabs him by the throat. Laughing madly, Shikari yanks hard, ripping away flesh and veins in a gory display. Malarious utters a gurgling scream as he chokes on his own blood before finally falling to the ground, slain.

That has to be the most awesome kill line I've seen in just short of a year of playing.

Morkarion said:
    A wet, gurgling scream echoes from a distant point, accompanied by throaty snarls. The air blurs as Shikari appears before Malarious and grabs him by the throat. Laughing madly, Shikari yanks hard, ripping away flesh and veins in a gory display. Malarious utters a gurgling scream as he chokes on his own blood before finally falling to the ground, slain.

That has to be the most awesome kill line I've seen in just short of a year of playing.
    @Estarra's zap still beast them all.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
    See that one for me is a bit too comical and silly, I like the gruesome violence style.

• He kills you so hard you scream backwards in time.
  • Kaelos has drowned.
    You see the death occur at deep below the surface of the Inner Sea.

Alban (from the Realm of the Architect) says, "Kaelos ruining the moment."

also

Shedrin (from the Realm of the Architect) says, "Suddenly I want an 'epic rap battles of history' of Zvoltz vs Mysrai."
    Surely between divines it's an epic zap battles of history?

• Morkarion said:
    Surely between divines it's an epic zap battles of history?
    Almost peed.

You did good.
  • RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    You give a fuzzy spider to Enlightened Ulan.
    Enlightened Ulan says, "Ahhh, what a fine specimen this is! Here, if you can do me one more favour, give this token to a disciple who is weak of heart and needs my guidance."
    Enlightened Ulan hands you a small token imprinted with a monk standing boldly.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Talking over the guild aethers, and I happened to chat with Jezebel. <3

You give a pained sigh.

You say to Mistress Jezebel, "We should just kill them all, and let the Earth sort them out."

Mistress Jezebel cackles hellishly.

Mistress Jezebel says, "Yesssssss kill them aaaaalllll..."

Mistress Jezebel presses her fingertips together, arching them slightly. An eerie grin lights across 
    her face as she murmurs softly, "Sooon..."

Mistress Jezebel smears the black mud on her face deeper into her skin with her thumb.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Rivius said:
    You give a fuzzy spider to Enlightened Ulan.
    Enlightened Ulan says, "Ahhh, what a fine specimen this is! Here, if you can do me one more favour, give this token to a disciple who is weak of heart and needs my guidance."
    Enlightened Ulan hands you a small token imprinted with a monk standing boldly.
    Your bug has been fixed, thank you for reporting.
    Don't forget to vote Lusternia!
  • edited May 2013
    Lord Templar Ilthilior Erid'in, The Sands of Revolution looks skeptical and says, "I thought someone had stuffed the donation chest with a phoenix."
    You say, "Let's try that."
    Alary hefts Benu into the air, struggling a bit under his bulk, before waddling over to the chest and trying to stuff him into the chest. Succeeding only partially, a good part of his body still sticking out.
    You say, "Perfect."
    You say, "Who needs a stable."

I rescued him, but come on, it had to be done once mentioned.
    Mysrai, the Beckoner Beyond the Maze intones, "Continue to manifest the paradigm of working, My Alary."
    The Divine voice of Camus the Cinderfly echoes in your head, "Thank you, once-body. I am happy that I fell into that eye."
  • Steingrim La'Saet says, "You never heard the old joke about the monk and the sausage? Monk orders a sausage, merchant say, "How would you like it?" Monk says, "Make me one with everything!""
    Alary said:
    Lord Templar Ilthilior Erid'in, The Sands of Revolution looks skeptical and says, "I thought someone had stuffed the donation chest with a phoenix."
    You say, "Let's try that."
    Alary hefts Benu into the air, struggling a bit under his bulk, before waddling over to the chest and trying to stuff him into the chest. Succeeding only partially, a good part of his body still sticking out.
    You say, "Perfect."
    You say, "Who needs a stable."

I rescued him, but come on, it had to be done once mentioned.
    Phoenixes have no weight, though. No need to struggle.

• Thalkros gives you a peck on the cheek. 

An illithoid reaver says, "My chain waits upon Magnagora's need."

(Clanz): You say, "Yay, Thalky kisses."

(Clanz): Akyaevin says, "Why didn't Thalk kiss me :(."

An illithoid reaver bows respectfully to Thalkros.

Thalkros gives Akyaevin a lecherous smooch.

An illithoid reaver says, "My chain waits upon Magnagora's need."

You say, "Be still my heart."

Akyaevin blushes furiously.

Mag, where all your fantasies come true? 
  • I'm fairly certain Mag has laws against that, section 1 ordinance II, as well as stricter ones specific to the Nihilists. So shame on the lot of you!

Mag, where your fantasies are forbidden by law.
  • If no one else saw it, it never happened. :D