Tweets VII: Tweet Child of Mine

Comments

• I'm curious as to what you're betting on, given the artifacts I know you to have. :sunglasses:
    (I'm the mom of Hallifax btw, so if you are in Hallifax please call me mom.)

== Professional Girl Gamer == 
    Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it
  • If anything, Lusternia needs a whole lot of gold sinks. 10/10 to the admin for this.
    WHY WE FIGHT
    Accountability is necessary.
  • Buy credits. Sell slightly cheaper than market price. Get gold, bid on auction.

• VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    This just makes me wish I had saved up more of my gold reserves and been a greater Smaug, but instead of whining I'll simply appreciate that we're having another auction again... ever.
  • Wtb pre-gold throttle days.
  • The annoying part about gold auctions is that you need the gold on hand to bid, unlike credit ones, which means if you don't win you've wasted credits at cheap prices and are stuck with the gold.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    You do actually need the credits on hand to bid... but it also counts credits that are tied up in artifacts (at the 66% tradein rate).  You can't bid over your auction escrow.

That gives you a bit of leeway (or, if you're like me, a ton of a leeway).
  • Oh that's a bummer. Aetolian credit auctions let you do it all one spec and give you a grace period to get the credits.
  • So I have summer insomnia and got super bored. A comment earlier about how revolts only happen at good times for Northern Alliance (with the implied understanding many of us are Australian players atm) made me actually wonder. So I went through news posts between the 3rd of Feb to 25th of December. 

If we assume that prime time play for people in any given time zone is between 5pm and midnight (just picked a random figure assuming that's when people are home from school and work, so average play hours) revolts fell between that time for Australia 13 times. For PST it was 14 times, and EST 14 times. 

I didn't do flares, but times for those seem to be even more random that revolts. 
    Wildeflower Aramel Strongleaf says to Xiran, "My cousin's attitude to life is rather like her attitude towards cake - to have everything, and at once, and lots of it."
  • edited January 2017
    Ymuli said:
    So I have summer insomnia and got super bored. A comment earlier about how revolts only happen at good times for Northern Alliance (with the implied understanding many of us are Australian players atm) made me actually wonder. So I went through news posts between the 3rd of Feb to 25th of December. 

If we assume that prime time play for people in any given time zone is between 5pm and midnight (just picked a random figure assuming that's when people are home from school and work, so average play hours) revolts fell between that time for Australia 13 times. For PST it was 14 times, and EST 14 times. 

I didn't do flares, but times for those seem to be even more random that revolts. 

I was curious if there was a bit of a trend going on. I kind of just put in the revolts for the past so many months and tracked what time they happened.

I did it at the start of December so I've not put in Decembers yet but mid June(when I started playing) to December. Gmt times, and just rounding the percentages. Also I'm told that midnight to 6 is USA peak time right? Not sure about that to be honest?

midnight to 6am 30% of revolts
    6am to 12 15% of revolts
    12 to 6pm 11% of revolts
    6pm to midnight42% of revolts

North won 55, South won 8. The majority were fairly uncontested with the North having significantly larger numbers in the ones where I was able to track numbers anyway, couldn't do that with all. There was just two revolt cycles I was able to get numbers on where the South significantly outnumbered the north. Could have been more that I wasn't there for or able to get logs/numbers from people who were though.
  • Converting GMT to AEST would be: Falmiis is 2hrs ahead, Aramel is 2? behind. (Picking these two as being active and involved in revolts, because the comparison is important.) 
    11am-5pm
    5pm-11pm <-- so this is going to be our prime time playing *
    11pm-5am
    5am-11am

*if we continue to work based on the implication that we're winning because oceanic is uncontested during most revolts. I just don't really see it being accurate. I would say that the most revolts fall on pretty inconvenient times for both of us. :P 
    Wildeflower Aramel Strongleaf says to Xiran, "My cousin's attitude to life is rather like her attitude towards cake - to have everything, and at once, and lots of it."
  • I'm not sure if its the Asian time zone thing or not these days because even at American peak times the North has near matching numbers to the south, depending on who's logged on certain days of course. At non American peak times the north has vastly bigger numbers. I'm just talking about week days though. Weekends are a bit more random I'll give you that defiantly.

I keep getting told its because most of the fights don't have the south's big hitters there but well most of them seem fairly dormant so cant really count on them to balance the odds most of the time. So I'd agree with you that after looking at the time zone thing it doesn't seem to be an Asian time zone thing causing the imbalance its  a numbers imbalance across all time zones.

• It's also the holiday season. Give it another few weeks and with Ascension ramping up I guarantee you won't be seeing the south lagging behind much longer.
  • EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    edited January 2017
    Ascension season is awesome. Everyone I have illogical crushes on suddenly appears and works together to kick ass, it's practically my own second Christmas!
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • Falmiis said:
    It's also the holiday season. Give it another few weeks and with Ascension ramping up I guarantee you won't be seeing the south lagging behind much longer.
    Yea I've not been around for Ascension before but from what people are saying it seems like the South has the numbers during ascension time and the north has the numbers the rest of the year. Curious to see whos around for it. See whos gone properly dormant or not.
  • Actually, it's probably not as simple as that. Whether or not people log in is really dependent on their real lives. Some people remember about Ascension and boot up their old dormant characters, but just as many, if not more, don't. There's certainly been years where the "good" side has had numbers advantages, and vice versa, even during Ascension.

What's really important, though, is the work and effort put in. Sure, past experienced players who turn up during Ascension can help bolster the numbers, but let's not forget that every year there are new, promising people who put in the effort and do well in placings, and also older, experienced players who do not stint on sharing tips and helping such new people. It's a combination of many factors that end up deciding the Ascension events of the year. The pure numbers themselves will continue to shift and pendulum back and forth, as it always does, and that alone doesn't decide the outcome.

• I can't recall my last zapping; it must have been years now. Thanks, @Manteekan (and @Morgfyre )

Tendrils of a dark mist snake through the skies as harsh whispers fill the air, silenced only by a tortured scream that rings out shortly afterward.
    Distant whispers flit through your mind as you are overcome by a swirling miasma of mist. Unformed faces lunge outward from the haze, sucking the air from your lungs as you feel your life begin to slowly slip away from your newly limp body.
    You have been slain by Manteekan.

• KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Given up on PB for now, swapped to Axelord.

I can see why people complain about knights, dear lord..

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• For groups it's kinda hack+open cavity vs impale, twist and decapitation and axelord does just seem better, hack is just too necessary for group combat.
    It's not even that, with axelord you don't even need to work towards execute or behead in solo, you can rotate permaprone on four limbs till you simply damage kill.

Easy access to prone through knockdown, damaged arm usable as a mid point hinder, and that's before you consider things like paralysis on chest.

It's simply a far better skillset, pureblade is built around a mechanic that cannot function in solo/skirmish because of clot, and is wildly imbalanced in groups, it's inconsistent whereas Axelord is reliable and versatile.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• edited January 2017
    Can't permanent prone we went through the numbers before. You'll need an arm lock or for the target not to parry the chest at all for damage kills. You don't want to use damage arms either if your looking to hinder or go for a kill it's a wasted modifier. Give me a tell in game later on and I'll send you a few tips over about strategies.
  • Sparring @Karlach. I have waited in real life years for this moment. :) So much goodness lately. Glad to see you back. My original gankster. 
    I was rotating tendons with amputate arms, it's a permaprone.

And the damage outright kills.

• TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    I forgot how satisfying Muud was to bash. I'm probably missing turn-ins somewhere, but holy cripes, I love the essence in-rate. And now that I don't have to go to a city to trek the sewers to get here, it's even more attractive. :D
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • Karlach said:
    I was rotating tendons with amputate arms, it's a permaprone.

And the damage outright kills.
    Ah that'll be the arm lock then. Base damage won't beat sip/scroll/sparkle on a target but you can arm lock to stop their healing.
    Yeah, it seems more viable in 1v1 than execute/behead

• Execute is technically the quickest and easiest way to kill someone for an axelord but most people have kinda poor parry on the arms so armlock becomes easier in practice. Once people get their parry together though. I can't see behead working one on one at all though I agree.
  • AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
    come2seren. We got all the pk you ever want. Superior enemy numbers included. #fun
    Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.
This discussion has been closed.