Simple questions?

Comments

• You can easily leave Newton with about 35-40k gold, which is enough to buy the majority of your basic supplies. Particularly if you invest 34 lessons into Arts so you can make your own pipes/vials. Other than that your gold is kinda poor early on; a lot of people in Hallifax will help you if you ask.
    Email:        el.ni93@hotmail.com
    Discord:    Rey#1460
  • yes,you're right,in Newton I made good gold. But now I can't go there anymore obviously.
  • Dusiana said:
    That's the problem
    And..gold drop rate much higher? With vermin it doesn't look like so (at least with pigeons). But in quests and other methods maybe yes.
    Genereally, vermin hunting is very low level stuff and only meant to teach you about the idea of hunting and that you can turn in some mobs for gold in some areas.
  • Dusiana said:
    That's the problem
    And..gold drop rate much higher? With vermin it doesn't look like so (at least with pigeons). But in quests and other methods maybe yes.
    Vermin is kinda pointless, much better hunting something else. 

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Orcs in shallach and hand them in to Krangar for gold. A good area for gold for smaller people bashing. A lot lot lot better than vermin.

• Eh I tried to hunt else...but all those afflictions they made.....ugh.
    Anyway I'll try with the orcs too.
  • Orcs aren't too bad just be watchful if you are bashing one of the Elders, elder orc afflictions can get irritating.
  • Also don't do the lower level or Magnagora will enemy you >_>
  • Disregard Magnagora, kill ur'dead anyway. Easy 15-20k gold, if people haven't killed them in the past 2-3 hours.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Just don't get -caught-.

• If only Krangar was as nice as the Aslaran/Krokani in the Moors, and still accepted the orc's corpses after getting enemied. Instead he spits at you, and starting smacking you >:(

Woe.
  •  :o.......... :/  ok,I'll..hum...try to....well...don't get caught..and..to kill...th...ugghh!!! thanks for the advice....*shrug*
  • Other good midbie-level hunting spots:

spawns of the horde in Hifarae, 
    - I can't remember, I think there's a centaur that buys spawn corpses?

various mobs (rockeaters, moose, sheep) around the mountain paths
    - can turn in corpses with various villagers

various mobs in the Toronada Tidal Flats,
    - may be part of various other quests

ghost wolves OR taurian hunters in Verasavir (have a mercy and kingdom enchantment, watch out for bleeding and grouped mobs),
    - ghost wolves can be sold to Rynak (?), while taurian hunters can be sold to Kravch (?) 

WHY WE FIGHT
    Accountability is necessary.
  • Blasted lands are also easy for gold. In the center there is a down exit. The mutts there drop mirror shards which the person there pays for. Quick easy few thousand gold.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Of all the games, ratting is the worst in Lusternia because of how much more gold you get from everything else. 
  • Enyalida said:
    Of all the games, ratting is the worst in Lusternia because of how much more gold you get from everything else. 
    Actually... if you get far enough beyond the gold throttle it's actually one of the better ways to earn gold.
    Oh well, gold throttle. 
  • Reylari said:
    Disregard Magnagora, kill ur'dead anyway. Easy 15-20k gold, if people haven't killed them in the past 2-3 hours.
    The elfen and the urdead right next to each other is an easy 50k if your not bothered about enemy status.
  • Xenthos said:
    ?  Does that mean you link when it is throbbing and/or glowing?  There are stages between motes and completely dead.

I never saw them before when I set up my triggers. I just went and tested and I don't see them.

The three messages I get are: 

1. Motes of energy dance around a crystalline power node that pushes up from the ground here.

2. A crystalline power node pushes up from the ground here.

3. Devoid of energy, a crystalline power node pushes up from the ground here. 

I was just linking one at a time to test and I just didn't see anything in between them three.

• When is it okay to refer to time in "minutes," IC? Is it universally accepted that our days are divided into 60 1-minute intervals? I know people often say "half a day" or "a quarter day," but I feel like "minutes" should be acceptable when we are talking about less than 15 minutes. Do you guys agree with me, or is there some other convention I've failed to pick up on?
    #NoWireHangersEver

Vive l'apostrophe!
  • Which trade skills have the ability to customize items?

I was reading about the Ascension contests, and they sound fun, but I don't think I have anything to contribute with Alchemy? Is there any way that I can try my hand at designing something, or am I going to miss out on that one?
    Anyone can submit. Submissions go through cartels, so if you have a finished design you want yo submit, just make sure that the trademaster puts you in the designer field.
  • Enyalida said:
    Anyone can submit. Submissions go through cartels, so if you have a finished design you want yo submit, just make sure that the trademaster puts you in the designer field.
    Is the one design per cartel accurate? So if I want to do a design, no one else from that cartel can too?

And if so, does that make it hard to find someone that can submit something for you?
  • Every Estar, each cartel gets 3 public slots and 3 cartel-specific slots they can use. But you're right in that you can't submit anything for Alchemy; however, a nice alternative might be in Cooking for you, since they design wines/whiskeys/etc. there.

• edited January 2017
    Jaspet said:
    Enyalida said:
    Is the one design per cartel accurate? So if I want to do a design, no one else from that cartel can too?

And if so, does that make it hard to find someone that can submit something for you?

For the Beauty Seal, yes, only one design can be submitted per cartel. Once you submit a design for the Beauty Seal from that cartel, no one else in that cartel can submit something.

However, I've never had a difficult time finding someone to submit something for me, even the day before the submission deadline. If nothing else, there is always the last resort of looking at all the cartel information listed in CARTELS (or CARTELS <insert whatever tradeskill your design is here>), finding a cartel trademaster whose name you recognize, and begging them to submit your design for you.
    Avatar created by the amazing Feyrll.
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Does anyone have handy a list of when each Knighthood ability is learned? The wiki just says Intept+0% for everything since it changed.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
    Yeah, where skills are entirely new, I have to pester a coder (@Iosai) for a listing to put on the wiki, it's not otherwise... simple to get. 
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    The only other thought I had was making a new character, grabbing a bunch of credits, and learning the skill little by little, recording each step along the way. Not very appealing :( .
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • Other IREs have breakdowns showing when you get each skill in the AB. Maybe that's something eventually on the books for here?
  • edited January 2017
    When does the power tic for the spherical diamonut (aethergoop diamonut #112) happen? It does not seem to be first of the month.

Edit:

Also, what is this affliction, and how do you get rid of it?

-diag
    surrounded by a sickly red light.

I was told at some point movement, but I have walked about 500 rooms and it hasn't gone away.

--

Also, what is this:

The strong currents of the water spin and churn, pulling you back as you try to swim away.

It proc'd 100% of the time when I tried to leave Auriella's meld by multiple means (walking, airpike, medallion) - I could only leave the room by tumbling. Is that bad luck, or is that how it works?

#NoWireHangersEver

Vive l'apostrophe!