The Elder Wars Mafia! Morgfyre and Malmydia Win! (Lavinya/Ushaara)

Comments

• Wait up wait, likely I got it wrong and it was just jailing. Got roleblocked sure, but since there's a mention of me being kept safe in flavor text it's probably jailing. I'm sorry for the confusion! xC 
    "May this be the first of many new experiences for you, Heart of the Crescendo," Czixi says, smile quirking. "The future is an exciting place."

https://estelss16.deviantart.com/, visit if interested.
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Wait, hold on. Wait a second.

I knew something about this was bugging me.

Xeii said:
    Speaking of block/doctor/jail up there, I think I got blocked *and* jailed last night. Tried to protect Lehki but I fell into some sort of trap.
    That's not possible. At least, it's not possible for you to know. If you get jailed, that negates all other actions that can be performed on your person, including being blocked. Jails are kind of like roleblock/rolestopper combos. They prevent you from acting, *and* from being acted upon.

So if you were jailed, and someone also targeted you for a roleblock, you wouldn't know about the roleblocking. You'd already be jailed, and therefore, roleblocked by proxy.

Could you better describe the trap that prevented you from action?
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
    What a ninja post moment.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    I think it makes complete sense that a jailer would target the claimed doctor in this situation. A doctor would be a big target for a kill or convert, and at least when they're in jail, they're safe from that. The odds that the jailing would save the alleged doctor are way better than the odds that the unjailed doctor would just so happen to protect a random target from a kill instead.

And if you don't trust their claim, bonus, it also keeps them off the streets for a night. 
  • I was going toward Lehki when I fell into a trap that stopped my essence from moving but also protected it from harm.
    "May this be the first of many new experiences for you, Heart of the Crescendo," Czixi says, smile quirking. "The future is an exciting place."

• LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Phoebus said:
    I think it makes complete sense that a jailer would target the claimed doctor in this situation. A doctor would be a big target for a kill or convert, and at least when they're in jail, they're safe from that. The odds that the jailing would save the alleged doctor are way better than the odds that the unjailed doctor would just so happen to protect a random target from a kill instead.

And if you don't trust their claim, bonus, it also keeps them off the streets for a night. 
    The logic here is agreeable. I wanted clarification on the point of 'both', and it was provided to Us. I am satisfied with this for now, but will reread the thread to make sure I understand its weft.
    Dylara said:
    Othero said:
    Anyone else surprised that there was only one death in a game this big?
    Completely, either someone got blocked, someone is being sneaky (More likely a SK than Mafia for this, I can't tell who killed Krokani/Falmiis but I am sleepy), if there's a Vig they held back because people tend to gang up on Vig's that kill willy-nilly, or someone got protected. 

Any other scenarios I am missing?
    Off the top of my head...
    Targeting someone who is: deathproof, commuter, jailed (allegedly: @Xeii), rolestopper, X-shot kill immune, protected(claimed not possible since "doctor" didn't doctor).

Killer being targeted by: jailer (allegedly: @Xeii), roleblocker. If anyone can add to this list, help me out.

And there's the ever unlikely, yet possible, mafia/SK chose not to kill.

So in my opinion the odds, in terms of possibilities, are that someone picked a poor target, moreso than someone got lucky and blocked someone correctly night 1. Though that remains possible!

Phoebus said:

Oh, point. I was thinking mainly in terms of blocking ("Why would you block the doctor?"), but you're right, Xeii being a high profile target makes sense regardless of her alignment with that explanation with jailer's double-edged sword. Okay this confuses me less now, don't mind me.
    Daraius said:
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    You know, I would think it would be pretty obvious that an outed doctor would be guarded/watched and thus while a very valuable target for the scum to try and take down, also a huge risk which if they were smart they'd have avoided. An inexperienced scum team/serial killer/whatever may have ignored that fact and gone for it anyway, but I'm wondering if it might be more likely that the second kill was in fact either stopped by a roleblocker or not attempted. Or, maybe there isn't a second kill in the traditional sense, just an arsonist/conversion type thing?

• Lavinya said:
    I would not be surprised to learn that it's not so black and white as traitors vs the rest. Silvanus is a bit of an evil genius in that regard, where learning identity may not necessarily reveal alliance. Which by the same token makes our job even harder to do. Very curious to learn more as the game goes on as to what he has cooked up.

I am 90% certain that along with xeii, Lavinya was the other person not falmiis found suspicious.
    Lavinya said:
    You know, I would think it would be pretty obvious that an outed doctor would be guarded/watched and thus while a very valuable target for the scum to try and take down, also a huge risk which if they were smart they'd have avoided. An inexperienced scum team/serial killer/whatever may have ignored that fact and gone for it anyway, but I'm wondering if it might be more likely that the second kill was in fact either stopped by a roleblocker or not attempted. Or, maybe there isn't a second kill in the traditional sense, just an arsonist/conversion type thing?

It's not necessarily such a bad play. While true that a claimed doctor would be a very popular target and thus a risky kill, a popular target also means the killer probably gets to hide in a crowd when they go for it. The watcher would potentially say who was creepin' in an effort to catch the killer, which would pressure people to claim in order to clear themselves of suspicion, with no doctor to protect them anymore. Even if mafia loses one member for that, it traps townies into a situation where they're giving scum info on where the nice info powers are hiding. 
  • Posting from my phone, so sorry for the double post.  This disruption field thing has me really curious. Does it mean the soulless are hiding among us with a disruption field? Or is there a mason/cult with daytime communication and the disruption field muffles their thoughts/voices. Very curious.

If not falmiis didn't get killed for his suspicions it's possible he got killed for being near the top of the list.
  • So, did anyone get protected by a doctor last night?
    Adding to my above post. 

I don't even particularly believe that Xeii was targeted for a kill last night. I just think it's possible, and that it wouldn't be a completely boneheaded move to have tried it, so I get the logic behind the jailing. My personal theory is one kill one Traitor cult conversion, because a Traitor cult makes too much sense to not be out there and I will believe in it with utmost conviction unless proven otherwise, dangit. ...But I'll still consider the alternatives. 
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    Phoebus makes a good point, though that would be a pretty gutsy move to make with no clear advantage unless the scum team has a mostly expendable member (ie, no significant powers of their own).

It also may very well be this game will have a lot of niche powers, and/or low end powers. Krokano looks like a terribly specific counter to something, unless multiple people got that disruption thing.

Looking back to the first two pages, I think I can see where Weiwae is coming from.

And I got no PM about anything happening to me.

• Lavinya said:
    Just a heads up, we had a death in the family overnight and as such I may be a bit scarce for a few days, though not absent. Just distracted.

Sorry for your loss. Ignore my comment about falmiis suspicion of you. I think we can all agree that you should lurk for a while until you feel OK to come back.
  • Weiwae said:
    So, did anyone get protected by a doctor last night?
    As I mentioned above, I tried to protect Lehki but was roleblocked.

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    I could see Lehki being Shikari or someone similar, and setting pit traps to keep themself safe/untouched.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
    Shaddus said:
    I could see Lehki being Shikari or someone similar, and setting pit traps to keep themself safe/untouched.
    Oh, possible. Silvanus has precedent for roles like this, ie @Lavinya as Einstein.
    Daraius said:
  • UshaaraUshaara Schrödinger's Traitor
    Ooh, I had Fal pegged as Igaso. Very interesting switchup in choosing someone at night to watch during the day... Wondering if other roles have been similarly switched up, and if so how many?

I'm reading the power as two functionalities. 1) Daywatch target, and 2) IF (target in disruption field) THEN intercept messages...

At the very least, the power certainly indicates that there is at least one hidden day action going on. Also adds another possible reason for why there was only one death last night too; More death/converting to take place during the day.

Other thoughts:
    - Someone said disruption field sounds like 5th circle. May not necessarily be the case. Krokano could see through the damping field Fain raised to discuss things with Malmydia.

- Speaking of Malmydia, the emphasis in Lolly's Memoirs and Krokano's power on the number of eyes is heavily suggestive that she is present in the game.

- Timeline changed and Terentia now sharded into one-eyed giants. Reading this as Terentia -not- being present in the game.
    Terentia did what now? I missed that.
    Daraius said:
  • It's in the day opening flavor text. An except from the histories where the Terenti replace the Krokani
  • SelenitySelenity My first MC to stay in Serenwilde
    Othero said:
    It's in the day opening flavor text. An except from the histories where the Terenti replace the Krokani
    Does that mean we should expect no Terentia?
    Othero said:
    It's in the day opening flavor text. An except from the histories where the Terenti replace the Krokani
    My brain completely missed that. Huh, wow.

So the opening dayphase posts also serve as subtle indicators of who isn't in this game, then? Interesting.
    Daraius said:
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    Sylandra said:
    Othero said:
    My brain completely missed that. Huh, wow.

So the opening dayphase posts also serve as subtle indicators of who isn't in this game, then? Interesting.

While this does seem probable, I think it's too early to say it with confidence. It could just as easily be an indicator of people who are still in this game but haven't died yet.
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • I'm not 100% sold on that it means there is no Terentia. It could, simply, mean that Terentia sharded instead of Krokano, and if she is killed in the game, someone else will take her place again. Note that I'm not saying I'm Terentia (I'm not), but rather that we shouldn't simply remove the possibility of her being around.
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    Checking in to report My night was entirely without incident. Will speak more later as new information arises.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • Ssaliss said:
    I'm not 100% sold on that it means there is no Terentia. It could, simply, mean that Terentia sharded instead of Krokano, and if she is killed in the game, someone else will take her place again. Note that I'm not saying I'm Terentia (I'm not), but rather that we shouldn't simply remove the possibility of her being around.
    Ohh, yeah. That makes sense. I t might actually mean Terentia is in the game. We're playing an alternative timeline. In this game Krokano is straight out dead. Ice cold. That means that the timeline alters to have Terentia splinter and take the place of the Krokani. But that happens in the future, after the game ends. 
  • SelenitySelenity My first MC to stay in Serenwilde
    Othero said:
    Ssaliss said:
    I'm not 100% sold on that it means there is no Terentia. It could, simply, mean that Terentia sharded instead of Krokano, and if she is killed in the game, someone else will take her place again. Note that I'm not saying I'm Terentia (I'm not), but rather that we shouldn't simply remove the possibility of her being around.
    Ohh, yeah. That makes sense. I t might actually mean Terentia is in the game. We're playing an alternative timeline. In this game Krokano is straight out dead. Ice cold. That means that the timeline alters to have Terentia splinter and take the place of the Krokani. But that happens in the future, after the game ends. 
    Does that mean we potentially have Loboshi, Bollikin, and Tauro in the game? Or are they not in the game because they were mentioned in the flavor text and therefore their status is unchangeable? I'm getting confused. :(