The Elder Wars Mafia! Morgfyre and Malmydia Win! (Lavinya/Ushaara)

Comments

• Selenity said:
    Well there's a way to be mortals some way in the game.
    Say what?

(I'm out right now I'll do a bigger post on my thoughts of the day so far later)

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• SelenitySelenity My first MC to stay in Serenwilde
    Part of my role speaks about mortals being able to do the unexpected.
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Selenity said:
    Might be flavor text if you're one of the god roles I'm thinking of.

Is it shared in your power, or just in your character profile?
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
    Sylandra said:
    Selenity said:
    Might be flavor text if you're one of the god roles I'm thinking of.

Is it shared in your power, or just in your character profile?
    Power.
  • SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    edited March 2017
    Vote Count, Day Two:

Ushaara - Yomoigu, Shaddus, Phoebus, Sylandra (4)

It takes 10 to lynch!
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
  • UshaaraUshaara Schrödinger's Traitor
    Ah here, I figured that being voted out on a low-info day was a potential risk of claiming, but figured I was better off doing it now, than trying to explain why I had nothing to do with Krokano's death later in the game when mislynches matter more. Certainly wasn't meant to be a self-sacrifice.

I get that my death would confirm what I just said, but this early claim was supposed to limit exactly such easy "canon Traitor" type votes people can use to hide behind, and steer people away from such a narrow view of who the Traitors are/aren't. You won't learn anything more about a Traitor faction from my death, than what I've told you, because I don't know more than I'm Malmydia and win when Soulless are defeated.

The canon is already changed. Krokano is dead. Meridian is seemingly a doctor. Terentia sharded. I did not save Krokano's eye while omnoming him too as the extract in my rolesheet implied. As Sylandra commented earlier, we're writing our own interactive fanfiction here, expecting it to play out the same way is naive.

Like others, I don't want to be the person who votes Lavinya when RL is giving her a rough time, but since I'm debating whether Yomo posted that vote deliberately to trap people making such easy votes, and in which case Shaddus, Phoebus and Sylandra fell into it...

I'll Vote Sylandra for taking the easy option.

You're an easy vote because it's easy logic. We need to confirm what a Traitor is or isn't, and most of us (myself included) don't have a Traitor role sheet. The other people who do, frankly, have it in their best interests to kill you too, because you'll pave the way for future "I'm innocent even though I'm a Traitor!" dialogue.

There's literally no reason for anyone in this game to let you live today. Traitors will use your death to prove their own towniness, if what you're saying is true. Soulless get a day of not being lynched. Town gets informed definitively about what being a Traitor implies in this game.

So vote me if you want. But my flip won't give the answers yours will, @Ushaara.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    I didn't fall into anything. I would've voted for you regardless of Yomoigu's posting. You're claiming a traitor god, and we need confirmation on what exactly that means in this game. Just taking your word for it isn't good enough; if your alignment is confirmed on death, then we have something we can trust to move forward with. 
    I should have voted Shaddus, you give good arguments!
    Ushaara said:
    I should have voted Shaddus, you give good arguments!
    Haha. Additionally, part of me is voting you because if there's a Fain-led cult as I suspect based on what you've shared, you'd be a prime conversion target after that reveal. And I'd rather you died town before Malmydia's powers could be used for anti-town purposes.

I think the only lynch that might go better today would be if we had good reason to believe someone was Soulless. If you can provide that, you could change people's minds. But it's been a few days now and no one has come forward with that kind of information. So this is looking like the best lynch town will get today.
    Daraius said:
  • Okay if Ushaara does flip as Town Malmydia, what does that actually get us? The Traitors then not being traitors now is already pretty likely with the alternated timeline, but if we confirm it what does that actually help us with? Doesn't prove anything towards the existence of traitors as a cult group right now, or how they function and who can be recruited into them.

I get we don't really have a better idea yet, I just don't like getting behind a bad idea when we still have 4 days.
  • This makes sense and will give us some information to work with.

Sorry, Ushaara :(

Vote: Ushaara
    Lehki said:
    Okay if Ushaara does flip as Town Malmydia, what does that actually get us? The Traitors then not being traitors now is already pretty likely with the alternated timeline, but if we confirm it what does that actually help us with? Doesn't prove anything towards the existence of traitors as a cult group right now, or how they function and who can be recruited into them.

I get we don't really have a better idea yet, I just don't like getting behind a bad idea when we still have 4 days.
    It's definitive information. "Likely" thoughts about the Traitors become "confirmed."

Someone has to get lynched today. That's a major way to get information in mafia, even if the lynch winds up a mislynch. At least this one is calculated. We learn from the flip, and we learn from the way the lynch trains form.

If you don't want to lynch Ushaara, vote or put pressure on someone else. It can be me if you want. Just don't say "Your lynch is bad" without giving an alternative. Do you think playing the random odds on another player is worth it compared to the information that Ushaara's death could get us?

Anyway, I'm not convinced anything new will come up in 4 days. No one was lifting a finger to vote until Ushaara dropped this info.
    Daraius said:
    Ah well, that's what I get for I volunteering the the only info I had. :(

Can't give ye a better option, since as ye said very little info in play today. Trying to guess the true Traitor faction would be pure speculation on Silvanus' setup, which I don't think will help me deter votes.

But I have to get something written up for tomorrow, so am out for a few hours.
  • PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    Lehki said:
    Okay if Ushaara does flip as Town Malmydia, what does that actually get us? The Traitors then not being traitors now is already pretty likely with the alternated timeline, but if we confirm it what does that actually help us with? Doesn't prove anything towards the existence of traitors as a cult group right now, or how they function and who can be recruited into them.

It proves definitively that Traitors can start innocent. Which we've already been assuming, but it's good to get confirmation. It also is our best option at the moment, and prevents any hypothetical Traitor-seekers from capitalizing upon the reveal. Also, it is highly likely that if we just leave it, his inherently suspicious role would get more and more suspicious to us as time went on, and could eventually interfere with days where we actually do have better leads on Soulless people to lynch.

Sometimes, especially early on, you don't lynch someone necessarily because you're convinced they're guilty. You do it because their death would give you the most information. And I'm very interested in seeing what we might learn from a Malmydia flip.
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    I basically agree with Sylandra and Yomoigu, but something else to consider. If Ushaara is town, he'd want to get his name out fairly early and associated with innocence. If he didn't, and it later got revealed by investigation, we would naturally assume that he was lying to cover up a traitor alignment.

Knowing that, a traitor Malmydia would also want to be the one to bring it up, so he could do the bluff under the best possible circumstances. So Ushaara's statement is pretty much useless without a lynch to confirm it.

Between value of information and scum having an OKish reason to claim, VOTE USHAARA.
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • Ushaara said:
    Ah well, that's what I get for I volunteering the the only info I had. :(

Can't give ye a better option, since as ye said very little info in play today. Trying to guess the true Traitor faction would be pure speculation on Silvanus' setup, which I don't think will help me deter votes.

But I have to get something written up for tomorrow, so am out for a few hours.
    There is ofcourse, more information that you have, which you can share with us.
    We're currently at six votes on Ushaara unless I missed something.
  • SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    Vote Count, Day Two:

Ushaara - Yomoigu, Shaddus, Phoebus, Sylandra, Breandryn, Portius (6)

Sylandra - Ushaara (1)

It takes 10 to lynch!

Note: I made a mistake earlier
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
  • Wait, if most of those voting for Ushaara say that they trust Ushaara's info but want to see the rolesheet then can't Ushaara give it to us? Lynching Ushaara just to get info off the timesheet seems dumb. Give us all the info we can and then we can decide about a lynch. Otherwise you seem way more like a jester or someone else who needs to be lynched. Just rolling over to be lynched never makes sense.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    I agree that We need a lynch to confirm Ushaara's claim, it's the only thing that makes sense in context, however We should also keep an eye on those who joined this bandwagon, especially those who joined in the middle.

That said, Vote: Ushaara with my sincerest apologies if He's town.
  • Othero said:
    Wait, if most of those voting for Ushaara say that they trust Ushaara's info but want to see the rolesheet then can't Ushaara give it to us? Lynching Ushaara just to get info off the timesheet seems dumb. Give us all the info we can and then we can decide about a lynch. Otherwise you seem way more like a jester or someone else who needs to be lynched. Just rolling over to be lynched never makes sense.
    The big difference is that if Ushaara releases it himself, we only have his word to go on, and there'd always be the threat of him lying (which he would, if he were scum). If he's lynched, we'll get the Official Rolesheet (tm) from Silvanus.

Personally, I'm very much on the fence. I don't really have anyone else in mind at the moment, but at the same time I'm wary of lynching people just because they gave us information. So for now, my vote will remain uncast.
  • Ssaliss said:
    Othero said:
    Wait, if most of those voting for Ushaara say that they trust Ushaara's info but want to see the rolesheet then can't Ushaara give it to us? Lynching Ushaara just to get info off the timesheet seems dumb. Give us all the info we can and then we can decide about a lynch. Otherwise you seem way more like a jester or someone else who needs to be lynched. Just rolling over to be lynched never makes sense.
    The big difference is that if Ushaara releases it himself, we only have his word to go on, and there'd always be the threat of him lying (which he would, if he were scum). If he's lynched, we'll get the Official Rolesheet (tm) from Silvanus.

Personally, I'm very much on the fence. I don't really have anyone else in mind at the moment, but at the same time I'm wary of lynching people just because they gave us information. So for now, my vote will remain uncast.
    Two other names have been mentioned. The question is, are we are patient enough or not?
    Weiwae said:
    Ssaliss said:
    Othero said:

Two other names have been mentioned. The question is, are we are patient enough or not?
    Me and @Lehki? Nothing's stopping you from pushing either of those lines of inquiry. Go ahead.
    Daraius said:
  • I was referring to Laviyna and Lehki.  Ushara's vote against you didn't look like it was looking for anything.
    Ah, gotcha. I was up for examining Lavinya earlier too but figured we were pushing that off awhile.
    Daraius said:
  • How many people have said something since Ushaara dropped his bomb? I'm actually kinda surprised that nobody has come forward to say that they can confirm that canon traitors aren't in game traitors.
    Weiwae said:
    How many people have said something since Ushaara dropped his bomb? I'm actually kinda surprised that nobody has come forward to say that they can confirm that canon traitors aren't in game traitors.
    I think there are a few people who haven't spoken on this in-game day 2.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    I haven't spoken yet. I'm painfully aware given the many comments on it that if I weren't preparing for a funeral I would be getting lots of fingers pointed at me, which I am not sure why. There have been quite a few games now where people assume I'm guilty no matter what I do or say and I don't quite understand it. I appreciate the grace though? I am a bit too distracted to probably defend myself properly which won't help anything.

I get why the vote on Ushaara for information. The fact that he hasn't explained his power as well when he's staring down a lynch is surprising (if he did I missed it my bad please point me to it) because seeing a useful/obviously townie power thrown out on an information hunt is something I would be reluctant to do. I'd like @Ushaara to put all the cards on the table before I consider voting.

• Yeah, I would also like Ushaara to share everything they have. More info from Ushaara will help but lynching Ushaara to get the rolesheet seems like it is us walking into a trap for knowledge we already have. If traitors are in the game then they are not mafia. If they are a cult then "innocent" traitors do not know that they can be recruited based on what Ushaara has told us. What new knowledge does anyone expect to get from the lynch?