The Elder Wars Mafia! Morgfyre and Malmydia Win! (Lavinya/Ushaara)

Comments

• SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Interesting. So that would put Soulless but not necessarily Traitors, assuming the coterie is non-canon. Good to know.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
    *out Soulless
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    That said, some roles are just...never scum. Jailor, tracker, watcher. They either have no point as scum or would be op
    Luce said:
    That said, some roles are just...never scum. Jailor, tracker, watcher. They either have no point as scum or would be op
    Unless cults are a thing! Which is still possible.
    Daraius said:
  • Luce said:
    Actually, I'd argue against that. At least if you include hostile 3P among "scum". For instance, in the Chimaera game I was an SK jailor. As mafia though? Eh, probably not, but I wouldn't discount anything, really. Sooner or later Sylandra will make a game with a Jailor Mafia just for the heck of it.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    You started town though, and only turned SK when the first kill failed to kill you. Admittedly, it's odd that we have two jailors, and I'm not sure what to think of that.
  • Luce said:
    You started town though, and only turned SK when the first kill failed to kill you. Admittedly, it's odd that we have two jailors, and I'm not sure what to think of that.
    It is also odd that both jailings had the same flavour. I'm suspecting a clone skill.

Gonna try to update this list with the new information (without using my dirty dirty subliminal messaging tricks which shall brainwash you all into oblivion, oh noo).

Night 2 Recap:

1. Sylandra - ?? (claims no action)

2. Falmiis  Dead: Krokano, Elder

3. Lavinya - ??

4. Luce - investigated Shaddus, who is Mugowumpois and tracker

5. not Celina - ??

6. Ssaliss - ?? (claims no night or day powers)

7. Lehki - ??

8. Breandryn - claims tried to give xeii plate (failed), *semi-confirmed by earlier Clangorum plate power

9. Xeii Dead: Meridian, Doctor

10. Dylara - ??

11. Ushaara - ?? (claims no night action, claimed un-activated revenge power)

12. Vivet Dead: Fain, Traitor

13. Phoebus - ??

14. Selenity  - jailed by Yomoigu

15. Portius - ?? (claims power relies on god names)

16. Yomoigu - jailed selenity

17. Shaddus - tracked yomoigu

18. Othero - jailed by weiwae, Soulless sense saw a Soulless targeted Selenity

19. Tremula - ?? (claims no nightpower)

20. Weiwae - jailed othero

People who are therefore unlikely to be Xeii's killer:
    Luce, Breandryn*, Selenity, Yomoigu, Shaddus, Othero, Weiwae

People who could have killed Xeii:
    Sylandra, @Lavinya, @Fyler, @Ssaliss, @Lehki, @Dylara, @Ushaara, @Phoebus, @Portius, @Tremula

Of the list of who could have killed Xeii, the following claim no action last night:

Sylandra, Ushaara, Sssaliss, Tremula

^These claims are unverified.

Daraius said:
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    My bad, had to work through lunch, had no time to post.

The claim of a possible power duplicator is one that gets thrown around almost every mafia game, but I struggle to find historic precedence for it except for Egbert's random copy. Maybe Silvanus would include it, maybe he wouldn't, but the only other explanation for the second jailor is Someone lying.

I'll admit I've been quiet, but that is only because other than riding on these trains My role offers nothing for Me to give. I've claimed no action because My role has none, which makes Me inherently suspicious of Selenity now claiming the same thing as a second town-aligned Elder. Did i miss day power claims somewhere?

Admitted, She couldn't kill last night, but I'm still not convinced (unless I missed claims). Now, as to Othero being able to sense a Soulless acting against Her? I think if they were to hit a jail, They still technically acted against Her. If there were a consigliere on Soulless side, that would mean we had a mafia, vig/sk kill, and an attempted third (cult?) kill last night. Maybe this implicates Him?

Portius' god names claim is...weird, but so are most of Our games. I honestly have no clue how to take that. 

Why was Hoaracle in the Northern Wastes?  This is a flavour thing that doesn't seem to fall in line yet, and I am a staunch advocate of flavour importance. Would like more word from You, Sylandra.

I can claim, of course, but there are very good reasons I am hesitant to. Sounds scummy I know, but revealing more is, at present, too dangerous.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    Ssaliss gets similar eyeing as Selenity, just re-read His claim of no powers. This is, of course, entirely because I have none. Likely the same reason He'll be suspicious of Me. 

My vote stands on Shaddus. Punishing the play, because there's a reason Our doctor is dead.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • The whole Ushaara thing reminds me of how Lehki just kept living even though we kept trying to kill him in the Pokemon game. I still think it's our best bet for information and confirmation on how the Traitor faction works, and am willing to accept the consequences if it is not.

I am not positive on which group is the more dangerous right now, the Traitors equally want the Soulless to die, which yay but they are first and foremost trying to recruit the Town so they can win, which is not yay. Vivet's death was super lucky, because we confirmed that there is a traitor faction. I do not like how Shaddus is playing, dude, why you outing people? My sympathy from the first day mistake is quickly evaporating, because you are playing badly for the town, and bad plays for the town equal a lynching because you annoy the town and end up helping the mafia/cult find useful recruits/people to kill. 

I don't like that there seems to be multiple versions or roles, this could be our Mod having fun with us, or a big fat lie on someones part. Also, I find Portius' power super weird, and odd, and completely not useful if people don't name claim. Like it's just kinda ridiculous and relies on too many variables. I do second Tremula though, our forum games have gotten so weird since I first started playing Mafia here. You hardly ever see Vanilla Townies, and there are suspicious by nature if we do see them, so if Ssaliss is claiming no powers at all in a game that seems quite power heavy, it's just weird. Weird as in, we may have to look into this a lot closer soon before the Soulless and Traitors groups get too far ahead.

I had more thoughts, but I am too tired and cold from my work day out in the "blizzard" we are having, some mental fog to go with the horrible visibility conditions out there.

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• SelenitySelenity My first MC to stay in Serenwilde
    @Tremula I said before who I was. Well. Indirectly said it. Lehki guessed it and I confirmed. I don't have any active powers. But I also said nobody has to protect me at night, which is why I thanked Yomo but said he didn't have to.

So yeah, I have no active power. Just a passive one.
  • Tremula said:
    My bad, had to work through lunch, had no time to post.

The claim of a possible power duplicator is one that gets thrown around almost every mafia game, but I struggle to find historic precedence for it except for Egbert's random copy. Maybe Silvanus would include it, maybe he wouldn't, but the only other explanation for the second jailor is Someone lying.

Because of the order of events, it makes no sense that anyone could be lying unless they can see the flavour text other people received.
    I have no idea why I was in the Northern Wastes, @Tremula. Your guess is as good as mine. Again, my power is passive, so I don't really get a choice in the flavor it gives off.

Surprised how many people still think we should lynch @Shaddus. Yes he played poorly, but our investigator did verify he's tracker and Mugowumpois. Are we distrusting Luce's claim, then? Or are we saying we don't care if we off an Elder, because he played poorly? Seems a bit reckless on Day 3, imho. Additionally, I truly don't think he killed Xeii last night, because he tracked Yomoigu and Yomoigu confirmed the tracking, and Luce confirmed that's the ability that Shaddus has.

(This is why Day 1 or 2 are great times to punish bad play! None of this extra complication.)
    Daraius said:
  • UshaaraUshaara Schrödinger's Traitor
    Given Sylandra's different interpretation of Fain's rolesheet, I'd like to hear how others are interpreting it.

Started with multiple members, or Fain as standard cult recruiter?

I'm also putting my money on the Illith/Kethuru as SKs, and Nemach being in the game.

Also something on which I'd like to hear if people agree/disagree with.
    Ushaara said:
    Given Sylandra's different interpretation of Fain's rolesheet, I'd like to hear how others are interpreting it.

Started with multiple members, or Fain as standard cult recruiter?

I'm also putting my money on the Illith/Kethuru as SKs, and Nemach being in the game.

Also something on which I'd like to hear if people agree/disagree with.
    Something I'd ask you as well: since you have a Traitor rolesheet but are claiming not to be allied with Vivet, what do you think a Traitor's pre-determined coterie would look like? Other Traitors who aren't Malmydia? Or RNGsus-determined roles?
    Daraius said:
  • UshaaraUshaara Schrödinger's Traitor
    Hmm, it's a good question.

I don't know Silvanus well enough to have any real insight into his thinking for how he assigns Elders to roles, but power-wise, I'd think the Traitor faction has some form of investigator to scout for converts, and perhaps a blocker or protector/governor of some sort, to balance out their reduced numbers at the start.

So my guess was Traitor faction started as Fain + 2 Elder Traitors + Nemach.

So total of 6 threats to town when you include Illith/Keth, with the Traitors having limited recruitment ability that might bump the number up some as the game goes on.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    4 is the number we usually end at for cults though. Poke mafia had seven total cultists, but three were set to become town once the chosen was recruited. Touhou started with two cults who were able to recruit up to three each (I was an exception because of day 1 weirdness). 
  • PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    You can add me to the list of people who do not have an active ability. There are a lot of us that seem to be claiming this, and I am fully aware that joining this group now makes me look suspicious, but in the interest of finding the fibbers amongst us I feel I must.

On this topic, @Selenity, I'm curious. You earlier claimed to know about the possibility of shards in this game due to a power. But you're claiming no active powers now, with the passive ability of being hard to kill. You have been really bad about hiding any portion of your role this game, so it does strike me as unusual that this shard-related power has disappeared from your claims, after you already admitted to having a power related to shards early on.

Which made me think some more about your role. In particular, I am wondering if you are a third party. After all, the Fates only gave Xyl the plans for the Portal of Fate because they didn't want the fun part of their job (recording the lives of mortals; they found recording gods to be uninteresting) to end so soon after it had begun. They very rarely interfere, and only did so because it directly benefited themselves, not for any concern over the fight against the Soulless or the ultimate fate of Lusternia. They are outsiders and observers. Would they truly be completely aligned with the Elders in this fight, actively taking part in the defeat of the Soulless and the Traitors? I wonder.
    Phoebus said:
    You can add me to the list of people who do not have an active ability. There are a lot of us that seem to be claiming this, and I am fully aware that joining this group now makes me look suspicious, but in the interest of finding the fibbers amongst us I feel I must.

On this topic, @Selenity, I'm curious. You earlier claimed to know about the possibility of shards in this game due to a power. But you're claiming no active powers now, with the passive ability of being hard to kill. You have been really bad about hiding any portion of your role this game, so it does strike me as unusual that this shard-related power has disappeared from your claims, after you already admitted to having a power related to shards early on.

Which made me think some more about your role. In particular, I am wondering if you are a third party. After all, the Fates only gave Xyl the plans for the Portal of Fate because they didn't want the fun part of their job (recording the lives of mortals; they found recording gods to be uninteresting) to end so soon after it had begun. They very rarely interfere, and only did so because it directly benefited themselves, not for any concern over the fight against the Soulless or the ultimate fate of Lusternia. They are outsiders and observers. Would they truly be completely aligned with the Elders in this fight, actively taking part in the defeat of the Soulless and the Traitors? I wonder.
    Not third party, @Phoebus!

The thing that mentions shards is that I have an ability THAT HAS TO BE UNLOCKED (as in I currently have no access to it) that requires mortals to be involved, from what I'm understanding. I was trying to keep kind of quiet about it because people were name claiming all over the place and I don't know who might be able to help unlock said power, but I'm worried about people getting targetted by the Soulless because they might be able to help with it. Welp. Cat's out of the bag now.
    You already claimed that this shard power existed a while ago, so the cat was kinda already out of the bag on that point. Openly claiming its existence and then acting like that never happened was really suspicious, so don't try to act like I've caused you a major inconvenience by touching upon it; after all, you are the one who brought it up in the first place. I don't trust third parties, and your role and actions were looking very third party. I'm still not sure if I buy that you're completely townie, but it's of secondary importance at the moment. I just didn't want it to go unmentioned while it was relevant.
  •  It might not be a bad thing for us to know. Mortals are made from gods basically dying so it sounds like a coroner ability? Knowing we have that helps and gives us a bit of wiggle room with a mislynch. If it's that.
    Breandryn said:
     It might not be a bad thing for us to know. Mortals are made from gods basically dying so it sounds like a coroner ability? Knowing we have that helps and gives us a bit of wiggle room with a mislynch. If it's that.
    If it's a coroner ability wouldn't I be able to activate it then?

But there's nothing in my role saying I can activate it. Just that it has to be unlocked for me. :(
  • Oh well maybe you need to be converted then... >_>
  • Selenity said:
    Phoebus said:

The thing that mentions shards is that I have an ability THAT HAS TO BE UNLOCKED (as in I currently have no access to it) that requires mortals to be involved, from what I'm understanding. I was trying to keep kind of quiet about it because people were name claiming all over the place and I don't know who might be able to help unlock said power, but I'm worried about people getting targetted by the Soulless because they might be able to help with it. Welp. Cat's out of the bag now.
    The cat being out of the bag is an entirely self-created problem. You already said your power involved shards. You didn't need to answer Phoebus' questions. You could of said "Yeah, it involves shards but that's all I'm willing to share. It's not a 3rd party role". You don't have to fold just because one person asked one question.
    Othero said:
    Selenity said:
    Phoebus said:

The cat being out of the bag is an entirely self-created problem. You already said your power involved shards. You didn't need to answer Phoebus' questions. You could of said "Yeah, it involves shards but that's all I'm willing to share. It's not a 3rd party role". You don't have to fold just because one person asked one question.
    I am notoriously terrible at not answering questions.

And exceedingly grateful @Silvanus did not give me a mafia role for that very reason.
    If you're really bad at keeping things to yourself, Mafia might not be the best game for you!
    Phoebus said:
    If you're really bad at keeping things to yourself, Mafia might not be the best game for you!
    I used to be much better at it. Much much better. Much much much better...
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    I get nervous when people randomly bold sentences because it looks like a power being activated.

I feel like we have spent so much energy tripping on the traitors (and don't get me wrong, they need to be eliminated as anyone who is not for the town in my opinion is going to be against it by the end if not from the beginning) that the Soulless have had an easy time of hiding in plain sight. I don't think we can afford to kill off our investigative players but there is not guarantee they are town.

If anything, Shaddus' play has been unusual for town, he has prompted people to out themselves which reveals them to the scum, with his cover being 'but I have information I must be town'. It's not unheard of to have scum investigator/tracker types, and I'm leaning towards thinking Shaddus may be one. I could be wrong of course, but it's still going to remove an unhelpful townie, ala kill Rolsand style.

Vote Shaddus

Sylandra said:

Surprised how many people still think we should lynch @Shaddus. Yes he played poorly, but our investigator did verify he's tracker and Mugowumpois. Are we distrusting Luce's claim, then? Or are we saying we don't care if we off an Elder, because he played poorly? Seems a bit reckless on Day 3, imho. Additionally, I truly don't think he killed Xeii last night, because he tracked Yomoigu and Yomoigu confirmed the tracking, and Luce confirmed that's the ability that Shaddus has.

(This is why Day 1 or 2 are great times to punish bad play! None of this extra complication.)
    Raising my eyebrow at @Lavinya and @Tremula for not acknowledging this in their Shaddus votes. Does it not seem odd to you that you're about to lynch someone who is confirmed tracker, confirmed Mugowumpois, and confirmed to have tracked Yomoigu last night?

When there are other options that could potentially have killed Xeii, since Shaddus seems highly unlikely to be her killer due to the above reasons?
    Daraius said: