The Elder Wars Mafia! Morgfyre and Malmydia Win! (Lavinya/Ushaara)

Comments

• LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    I want to know why these important roles aren't being protected via jailing at least.

• SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Lavinya said:
    I want to know why these important roles aren't being protected via jailing at least.
    Mm, honestly I don't worry about that as much. Jailing renders those abilities useless. A jailor who protects a tracker means we go a night without a track report. A jailor who protects a doctor means we go a night with a doctor protection. So on and so forth. It's a risk/reward, and I can understand the reasoning behind choosing to jail potential murderers rather than potential saviors for the roleblocking element.

I think Othero has more of a point regarding @Portius and his immunity sharing. That power seems to not really add up in light of recent deaths.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • So, once again I failed to deliver a weapon as Shaddus went and died before it could be delivered. :(
  • PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    Portius' claim (that I still don't believe, btw) was that he could only hand out immunities to fae-related Elders, no?
    I had a blonde moment with the jailing, I was thinking 'sure we wouldn't want them role blocked but jailing is different and can still protect them with our doctor gone.' Except derp, it roleblocks too.

Who blocked Othero? I'd be interested to hear the reasoning behind it, and @Portius I too would like to know about these immunities. Surely if you'd handed them out someone would report it and verify the claim, and if you're NOT handing them out well, why? Seems shady either way.

Also, yay, we finally lynched someone.
  • @Breandryn were you able to deliver the weapon to Shaddus (and he died later in the chain of events), or were you prevented from doing so?
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    Othero said:
    Huh, someone jailed me last night. Which seems weird considering that I've been confirmed that I don't go out at night and my power is not blocked by jailing.

Anyways, Luce and Shaddus were both Soulless kills, however useful that info is. Portius, any reason why you're still not handing out immunities?

Pretty aggressive tone for someone who admits to getting jailed on a night with one less kill than normal.

Probably a sound move, though. Coming out with an admission of getting jailed first makes it sound like you think it's no big deal, and prevents accusations of trying to hide it. Immediately sending some aggression towards the easiest lynch target distracts from you getting jailed. Especially easy on the day that one of the people who seemed to trust me got killed. Nice bit of anchoring, too, since claiming that I'm not handing out immunities will get people thinking in those terms.

Baseless claim, though. All you know from Shaddus dying is that I didn't protect him. Well, either that I didn't protect him or I protected him and the soulless have a strongarm power, which is plausible. But I'll save you that debate and say that I did not target him. I sent one out to Roark, who I believe to be Weiwae. I figured a jailer was probably more valuable than a tracker at this point, especially one who was reluctant to share information last turn even though he had already claimed. I also considered you and Breandryn as viable targets before I reached that conclusion.

So some suspicion on Othero. I'd vote for him now if not for him getting tracked as not moving on a 2 kill night. That might imply a choice of killing or recruiting for the cult, though. Or a more recent conversion, since we're probably looking at some sort of cult for the traitor faction.

Lavinya said:

Who blocked Othero? I'd be interested to hear the reasoning behind it, and @Portius I too would like to know about these immunities. Surely if you'd handed them out someone would report it and verify the claim, and if you're NOT handing them out well, why? Seems shady either way.

I assume that my immunities work like finding out that you were doctored. Some mods always note it, but most of them will only tell you if it was successful. This is a good thing in this situation, since it lets us know if my immunity was responsible for preventing a kill. If not, it was a jailer or a choice not to kill. If jailer, either by blocking an attack or preventing one.

----

Two other topics I want to address: Ushaara and Selenity.

Ushaara:

Is there consensus that he's probably innocent? I think that the odds are good. I think Tremula's flip strongly implies preferential recruitment for a cult, and it certainly rules out a constant canon traitor faction. So while Ushaara could still be a traitor from early recruitment, I think it's pretty unlikely. I just want to check if anyone thinks I'm missing something with him.

Selenity:

I have a vague memory of you mentioning that you have a power that interacts with mortals. I accepted this at the time on the assumption that a successful lynch would mean sharding. We now (finally) know that this is not the case. Instead, we have a claim for Fyler that he can stay voting as a sharded race if he dies. I am suspicious of any power that is predicated on a single player dying and otherwise useless.

That looking weird forces me to look at your other actions in the same light. There's been a lot of you jumping on and off of lynch trains while claiming to just be following people, which is weird. That could just be you being new and not trusting your judgment at all, but it could just as easily be you being scum that wants to opportunistically lynch anybody without drawing too much attention. You leaping onto Weiwae's mistaken Phoebus train is a particularly suspicious example.

----

So things that I want to discuss today, just for recap:

-Checking my assessment of Ushaara as probably town.

-Othero using questionable assumptions to set town expectations on an easy to lynch person and direct aggression away from himself, and him being jailed on a night that's short a kill.

-Selenity's claim seeming a lot weirder now that we know mortals probably aren't a general mechanic.
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • SelenitySelenity My first MC to stay in Serenwilde
    I'll type more after my ass gets handed to me at work, but consider that lynching someone isn't killing them. It's shoving them into the void.
  • UshaaraUshaara Schrödinger's Traitor
    Since Tremula's claim and flip, I have been having a total brain fail trying to reconsider things and get over my assumptions on the game setup.

Town faces up to 3 deaths a night if Portius' account of Night 1 is to believed, which admittedly fits the Soulless/Soulless/Traitor assumption I was working off.

But every night since then doesn't seem to match this version of events, unless one/more of the following hold (i) Dylara is also a Soulless, (ii) Portius -is- actually protecting people, (iii) Yomoigu/Weiwae's jailings are preventing the killer from attacking, (iv) Yomoigu/Weiwae's jailings are saving the target, (v) Traitors have been converting instead of killing since Night 1 (vi) Other.

My problem is that any of these options could be the case, and if he's telling the truth, Weiwae/Othero could have been Soulless/Traitor targets last night, or Othero could be mafia.

So I am back leaning toward another Portius lynch today to try and get some clarity on what we're facing, but my radar is so off in this game, and cult paranoia has me suspicious of everyone that I have no confidence on whether he will flip Soulless/Traitor or not.

@Othero Which Soulless killed Luce and Shaddus. Any new names, or still just Illith/Kethuru?
  • No role names after the first night, after that it's always been just "Soulless" did something. Apparently the role names were because one Soulless targeted another. 

And yeah, I'm obviously getting ahead of the jailing because it feels like a setup. 
    Portius said:
    Othero said:
    Huh, someone jailed me last night. Which seems weird considering that I've been confirmed that I don't go out at night and my power is not blocked by jailing.

Anyways, Luce and Shaddus were both Soulless kills, however useful that info is. Portius, any reason why you're still not handing out immunities?

Pretty aggressive tone for someone who admits to getting jailed on a night with one less kill than normal.

Probably a sound move, though. Coming out with an admission of getting jailed first makes it sound like you think it's no big deal, and prevents accusations of trying to hide it. Immediately sending some aggression towards the easiest lynch target distracts from you getting jailed. Especially easy on the day that one of the people who seemed to trust me got killed. Nice bit of anchoring, too, since claiming that I'm not handing out immunities will get people thinking in those terms.

Baseless claim, though. All you know from Shaddus dying is that I didn't protect him. Well, either that I didn't protect him or I protected him and the soulless have a strongarm power, which is plausible. But I'll save you that debate and say that I did not target him. I sent one out to Roark, who I believe to be Weiwae. I figured a jailer was probably more valuable than a tracker at this point, especially one who was reluctant to share information last turn even though he had already claimed. I also considered you and Breandryn as viable targets before I reached that conclusion.

So some suspicion on Othero. I'd vote for him now if not for him getting tracked as not moving on a 2 kill night. That might imply a choice of killing or recruiting for the cult, though. Or a more recent conversion, since we're probably looking at some sort of cult for the traitor faction.

Lavinya said:

I assume that my immunities work like finding out that you were doctored. Some mods always note it, but most of them will only tell you if it was successful. This is a good thing in this situation, since it lets us know if my immunity was responsible for preventing a kill. If not, it was a jailer or a choice not to kill. If jailer, either by blocking an attack or preventing one.

----

Two other topics I want to address: Ushaara and Selenity.

Ushaara:

Is there consensus that he's probably innocent? I think that the odds are good. I think Tremula's flip strongly implies preferential recruitment for a cult, and it certainly rules out a constant canon traitor faction. So while Ushaara could still be a traitor from early recruitment, I think it's pretty unlikely. I just want to check if anyone thinks I'm missing something with him.

Selenity:

I have a vague memory of you mentioning that you have a power that interacts with mortals. I accepted this at the time on the assumption that a successful lynch would mean sharding. We now (finally) know that this is not the case. Instead, we have a claim for Fyler that he can stay voting as a sharded race if he dies. I am suspicious of any power that is predicated on a single player dying and otherwise useless.

That looking weird forces me to look at your other actions in the same light. There's been a lot of you jumping on and off of lynch trains while claiming to just be following people, which is weird. That could just be you being new and not trusting your judgment at all, but it could just as easily be you being scum that wants to opportunistically lynch anybody without drawing too much attention. You leaping onto Weiwae's mistaken Phoebus train is a particularly suspicious example.

----

So things that I want to discuss today, just for recap:

-Checking my assessment of Ushaara as probably town.

-Othero using questionable assumptions to set town expectations on an easy to lynch person and direct aggression away from himself, and him being jailed on a night that's short a kill.

-Selenity's claim seeming a lot weirder now that we know mortals probably aren't a general mechanic.
    Hi @Portius.

So, I'm going to be jumping all over the place because my head is jumbled, but I trust you're intelligent to keep up. If not, I hope someone will be able to put what I'm saying linearly. Linear thinking isn't my (personal) strong point.

To start with, I wholly believe @Fyler's claim. My role mentions that I have a power that can be unlocked, a power to reweave fate, but it seems to be indicating I need help from mortals for it to happen.

Next, I trust others are able to shard and have not said it. Guys, if you can shard, don't announce it. I'm sorry you did, Fyler. The only way to shard is to be killed.

Next, Portius. Lynching someone doesn't shard them. It shoves them into the void. It's not a kill. It's a punt into the void.

Read, from page 44:

Silvanus said:
    Book of Portius

I don't know why they did this to me? They were all gathered around, chanting my name, pushing me closer to this portal to the Void. I do not know what else I could tell them, I am not going to be exiled to the Void. They will have to vote again if they want to try and take my life, I refuse to be sent into the void.

Read again, from page 55:

Silvanus said:
    Book of Lehki

The Fifth Circle had prepared a portal to the Void, a swirling plane of darkness. Never before had such a punishment been meted out, and afterwards there was an emptiness in the air among us.
    Shoving someone into the Void isn't a kill. It's a "we may never see them again."

A kill is what happens at night.

Note Fyler's role:

Fyler said:
    My power is I splinter when I die, so I retain the ability to vote. 
    As for me jumping on and off lynch trains, to be honest, this game of mafia probably should have been labeled EXPERT MODE and I wouldn't have touched it. @Silvanus makes one hell of an interesting, if very difficult, game. Every time I think I know who someone bad is, I'm wrong, way wrong. As for me following Weiwae's vote, it was because he's pretty much confirmed town and it seemed trustworthy.

Mostly followed that Selenity, except for why you went into lynching and shards. I'm in perfect agreement with you that they are not the same, for precisely the reasons that you said. Getting proof of that is why I'm suspicious of you in the first place.

Prior to seeing those, I night kills to be kills and day kills to be fluffed as sharding. On that basis, I assumed that you unlocked powers based on who we lynched. Based on what we know now, my assessment was obviously incorrect. With sharding being much rarer than I initially thought, suspicions increased.
  • Ooooooh. Some pieces just fell into place, I think. I'm pretty confident Selenity is not mafia and would strongly encourage looking elsewhere. 
    Known Aliases: Celina/Cyndarin/Fire Jesus/The Night/That Bitch who griefed us
    Phoebus said:
    Portius' claim (that I still don't believe, btw) was that he could only hand out immunities to fae-related Elders, no?
    Is that what he said? He's claiming now to have given an immunity to Weiwae now isn't he? Who is Roark. Not fae-related at all.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
    Fyler said:
    Ooooooh. Some pieces just fell into place, I think. I'm pretty confident Selenity is not mafia and would strongly encourage looking elsewhere. 
    I'll buy that. She's read town to me throughout, just "new-to-mafia" town.

I did miss that we had only one kill though. That's interesting. @Weiwae can you share if you were given an immunity/attacked last night? And can you confirm that you jailed @Othero?
    Daraius said:
    Portius said:
    Ah, it seems that we have irreconcilable claims. Either I'm lying, or Othero is. Here is the question: Do you think that Silvanus would provide that much information on a passive, non-targeted power? I doubt it. Closes off too much misdirection space for the hostiles. Means that soulless have an excruciatingly hard time passing their work off on anyone else. Also makes it very hard to for them to present someone who got blocked as scum when they failed to kill for other reasons. You want an overpowered power, there it is. And adding in mod confirmation that he can only see multiples it they target each other? I don't buy it.

Which strongly implies that Othero is hostile.

Unvote
    Vote: Othero

But an accusation like that does mean that I have to claim.

I'm Maeve. Queen of the fae, technically not so much a god as a spiritual defense system for your land.

I get kill immunities. I start with some, and I get more every few night phases based on the number of fae producing gods that are still alive. I'm not naming them, but I'm sure you can take an educated guess at who they are. I know their names, but not who is playing them.

At night, I can give some or all of these kill immunities to other people. At that point, they're gone. I lose them even if nothing attacks my targets. So I'm kind of like a doctor, except not nearly as good. But I can save up my immunities to protect a lot of people at once in an emergency. Unless the soulless knock a few of them out of me. Which, let's be real, they're going to make a point of doing now even if I make it through the day.

Why do I target by role name instead of by player name? Because much like Selenity, I'm not actually a god. I don't get to go to your meetings. I don't recognize all of you.
    Found Portius's claim again. If it's true he should be able to give his immunities to anyone as long as he knows their role name.
    Daraius said:
    Sylandra said:
    Fyler said:
    Ooooooh. Some pieces just fell into place, I think. I'm pretty confident Selenity is not mafia and would strongly encourage looking elsewhere. 
    I'll buy that. She's read town to me throughout, just "new-to-mafia" town.
    I used to play mafia all the time. A few TIAs will ruin your memory on how things work pretty well though. At least I get to experience things multiple times in my life with that shiny brand-new feeling!
    Oh right, it was number of immunities based on remaining fae producing gods. Allegedly. I super still don't trust this. Why would you give immunity to Weiwae and not Luce or Shaddus? You just kinda opted to not save way more important people for...a jailer with a track record of causing problems for town? It's not like role names weren't known.
    Phoebus said:
    It's not like role names weren't known.
    I'm pretty sure almost all of us have claimed a name thus far...
    Yeah, I'm rather suspicious of how much louder @Portius has gotten today with @Othero jailed. Don't get me wrong, they both have different suspicious flavor to them, but the immunity thing doesn't add up as well when the doctor and the investigator were both outed so early on. Now you use it on the jailor? Weird.

I do want to hear from @Weiwae before I vote though.

Also @Breandryn you said you've been handing out items. Do you believe one of them could have prevented a kill? It's a possibility for last night's single kill if so.
    Daraius said:
  • I jailed othero because he doesn't require targeting people. I got no other information last night.
    I think I've been pretty clear about my immunity uses. I also don't think that I'm being terribly loud as @Sylandra says, seeing as I'm admitting that there are a bunch of things that could have caused a kill to fail and that Othero also has past evidence of not killing at night.

N1-None, because I knew relatively few role names and figured the odds of me guessing the same one as hostiles were low. Especially given that the highest profile people were the ones with names.

N2-None, because I tanked two soulless hits on N1 and was mostly out of immunities.

N3-None, because expectation of jailing. If I use my power and get jailed, the immunities are still gone. I think it's pretty reasonable to expect to get jailed in that situation, given that I had just survived a lynch attempt through an immunity, and a lot of people were thinking of me as a serious scum candidate.

N4-Weiwae, because I think a jailer is more useful than a follower at this point.
  • @Portius, do you have any alternate win conditions?
    Known Aliases: Celina/Cyndarin/Fire Jesus/The Night/That Bitch who griefed us
    I find it odd that a townie who can help other townies decided not to 3/4 of the time. 

vote Portius

Lavinya said:
    I find it odd that a townie who can help other townies decided not to 3/4 of the time. 

vote Portius
    Now I'm wondering if he would have gotten something from Silvanus if he attempted to hand off a fae to a role that didn't exist in the game, if he really is Maeve.
  • Re my gifts - I've only managed to deliver one! My other two attempts failed because the person died first. The one I delivered is a day ability so not to thank for anything.
    Selenity said:
    Now I'm wondering if he would have gotten something from Silvanus if he attempted to hand off a fae to a role that didn't exist in the game, if he really is Maeve.

No. I asked. I had hoped that I could use it as a psuedo-investigator power to check if claimed names were actually in game, but I cannot.
    Portius said:
    Selenity said:

No. I asked. I had hoped that I could use it as a psuedo-investigator power to check if claimed names were actually in game, but I cannot.
    Darn you @Silvanus. Darn you.
  • Breandryn said:
    Re my gifts - I've only managed to deliver one! My other two attempts failed because the person died first. The one I delivered is a day ability so not to thank for anything.
    In case you missed my earlier question, did you get a message saying you successfully delivered the item to Shaddus only to find out he was dead this morning?