The Elder Wars Mafia! Morgfyre and Malmydia Win! (Lavinya/Ushaara)

Comments

• I tried to answer it but I don't understand what you are asking. My deliveries have failed when the target dies. I don't know how else to explain it.

I send out delivery. Night ends. I am told delivery failed because person died.
  • PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    Breandryn said:
     I am told delivery failed because person died.
    I believe that's what he wanted to know - if the delivery or the death has greater priority. Since death causes the delivery to fail, you can assume that someone cannot be saved by an item on the same night it is sent.
  • Oh. Yeah I said that the first time a delivery failed.
  • That's good to know, but there was another reason I asked too. I'll write more when I'm home in a few hours, but I can guarantee that the mafia have a strongarm killer and used it against Shaddus
  • I'm honestly leaning more towards Othero, but Portius still seems suspicious to me.
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Yomoigu said:
    That's good to know, but there was another reason I asked too. I'll write more when I'm home in a few hours, but I can guarantee that the mafia have a strongarm killer and used it against Shaddus
    Now I'm super curious! Between you and Fyler I expect a lot of truth bombs to drop before this game is over. :o
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • Fyler said:
    @Portius, do you have any alternate win conditions?
    Known Aliases: Celina/Cyndarin/Fire Jesus/The Night/That Bitch who griefed us
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    Fyler said:
    Fyler said:
    @Portius, do you have any alternate win conditions?

Nope.
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • Strange. I would think you would.

Aside from that, your role is also really convoluted. Which concerns me, but on the other hand, based on what I've pieced together on another topic, that actually wouldn't be that strange.

What I don't get is why fae would be a kill immunity. Only the Manteekan fae were particularly effective against the soulless. 
  • Ok, home now.

I can confirm that whoever killed Shaddus was a strongman since I jailed the victim last night under suspicion of being a Traitor. As we can now see, I was wrong, which is unfortunate for me since it means that my power-based usefulness is quickly running out. Because of that (and also to nip accusations in the bud) I'm willing to do a full reveal now if desired by the group.

I was hoping to catch @Breandryn in a lie after it looked like she claimed to have delivered something to Shaddus last night, but a failure is a failure and we've been misled by misinterpreting messages before so I'm not going to pursue that at the moment.
    Fyler said:
    Strange. I would think you would.

Aside from that, your role is also really convoluted. Which concerns me, but on the other hand, based on what I've pieced together on another topic, that actually wouldn't be that strange.

What I don't get is why fae would be a kill immunity. Only the Manteekan fae were particularly effective against the soulless. 

I'm not sure if fae will always be the protection fluff, in fairness. It was fae as tasty and distracting snack more than fae as serious defense effort, but that only makes sense because there were two soulless. They're within the bounds of the fluff implications of the power itself, but not the only things it could imply. So maybe always fae, maybe not.
  • SelenitySelenity My first MC to stay in Serenwilde
    Yomoigu said:
    I was hoping to catch @Breandryn in a lie after it looked like she claimed to have delivered something to Shaddus last night, but a failure is a failure and we've been misled by misinterpreting messages before so I'm not going to pursue that at the moment.
    I feel confident Breandryn is Clangorum.

Sylandra said:

Recap so far(I think?):

1. Sylandra - claims Hoaracle, vanishes at night

2. Falmiis  Dead: Krokano, Elder

3. Lavinya - ??

4. Luce Dead: Xyl, Investigator

5. not Celina - confirmed Fuzzy Lumpkins

6. Ssaliss Dead: Lisaera, Mason

7. Lehki - claims Aslarn, one-time governor power (used Day 2)

8. Breandryn - confirmed Clangorum, inventor + 1-time immunity (used Day 2)

9. Xeii Dead: Meridian, Doctor

10. Dylara - claims Orlachmar, vig

11. Ushaara - claims (town) Malmydia, 1-time Revenge power (unactivated) 

12. Vivet Dead: Fain, Traitor

13. Phoebus - claims Elfenehoala, Mason with Ssaliss (confirmed by no counter claim) - Jailed Night 3

14. Selenity - confirmed Fates, passive shard-related power, kill immunity (you'd bet I say it's confirmed, it's my perspective)

15. Portius - claims Maeve with immunities, says he was targeted for two kills on Night 1, ?? lynch immunity (used Day 3) 

16. Yomoigu - ??, jailed Selenity Night 2

17. Shaddus - investigator-confirmed Mugowumpois, tracker, tracked Sylandra N1 (vanished), tracked Yomoigu N2 (targeted Selenity), tracked Othero N3 (went nowhere) RIP

18. Othero - claims Dracnoris with Soulless sense, saw two Soulless fight each other on Night 1, a Soulless targeted Selenity on Night 2 (while jailed by Weiwae), ?? Night 3

19. Tremula - confirmed Drocilla, says has an ability literally called "Powerless" Voided

20. Weiwae - investigator-confirmed Roark, jailer, N1 jailed Xeii, N2 jailed Othero, N3 jailed Phoebus

So I modified the above from Sylandra to say what I feel is confirmed.

TL;DR: I feel confident that I, Fyler, Breandryn, and Weiwae are all the roles we said we were. Additionally, I am willing to say that if Fyler and I are both town. Lastly, I am confident that Breandryn and Weiwae are town.

That's four people on my list of "not-bad."
    Selenity said:
    TL;DR: I feel confident that I, Fyler, Breandryn, and Weiwae are all the roles we said we were. Additionally, I am willing to say that if Fyler and I are both town. Lastly, I am confident that Breandryn and Weiwae are town.

That's four people on my list of "not-bad."
    And I typo'd. Minus the "if" from the sentence starting "additionally."
    I'm currently inclined to trust Fyler myself, but what has you so sure they're "confirmed" rather than just claiming Bollikin, @Selenity? Is this a hunch or do you know something we don't?
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • @Yomoigu - I didn't claim to delivery anything. I claimed the opposite - I tried to deliver something and it failed. I have the intended item that was created for him, if that will prove who I am. Each person receives a unique item catered for their role. I have no idea what these are. However, when the delivery fails, I then am returned the item.

...Omg, this makes me think of a good investigation technique. The items are rp-ish towards the person. Is there anyone we need to learn more about? What if we jailed someone we don't trust and then I sent an item to get a hint about their role?
    Breandryn said:
    @Yomoigu - I didn't claim to delivery anything. I claimed the opposite - I tried to deliver something and it failed. I have the intended item that was created for him, if that will prove who I am. Each person receives a unique item catered for their role. I have no idea what these are. However, when the delivery fails, I then am returned the item.

...Omg, this makes me think of a good investigation technique. The items are rp-ish towards the person. Is there anyone we need to learn more about? What if we jailed someone we don't trust and then I sent an item to get a hint about their role?
    Oh wait. Actually... That might work with me! :o

So if you target me tonight and try to give me an item, I won't be able to receive it. What happened to Shaddus will happen to you: you'll not see me when you come to hand me the item, because I'll vanish into the forests of the First World.

But I'll be able to see you targeted me. And you'll be able to see the item you'd have sent my way. Hypothetically, this solves my issue of not being verifiable, and it simultaneously lets me confirm what you did that night too!
    Daraius said:
    Sylandra said:
    I'm currently inclined to trust Fyler myself, but what has you so sure they're "confirmed" rather than just claiming Bollikin, @Selenity? Is this a hunch or do you know something we don't?
    A strong hunch based off of the info regarding sharding that Fyler shared. Fyler could have said their sharding requires being lynched or something else, but they specifically said killed. This has to do with what I know about sharding, that it's related to death, not a trip to the void.
    Did @Lavinya actually share any information about her role and I missed it? Or has she been flying wholly under the radar?
    I think completely under the radar, which does have me a little concerned. I expected her to be another canon traitor, but if that was the case she probably would have claimed it already now that Trem proves they aren't inherently hostile.
    I'm just going to place a vote on her until she gives me a reason to remove it then.

Vote: Lavinya.
  • UshaaraUshaara Schrödinger's Traitor
    I am going to Vote Portius

Reasoning: Original gut instinct, to get clarity on number of killers, and unless Lavinya also comes out saying she's non-Elder, his is the most anomalous roleclaim.

While Selenity as the Fates is also anomalous when everyone else is an Elder, she does have Fyler/Bollikin's backing.

Nothing in Lisaera's (and I'm guessing Phoebus') rolesheets suggests the presence of the Maeve.
  • PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    Depending on what Lavinya claims, at this point I'm voting for her or Portius today. Leaning towards Portius because I don't trust him, obviously. But I need to hear from Lavinya first. Holding my vote until then, because I can't trust anyone not to leap instantly onto the first moving train they see. :P
  • Sylandra said:
    Remember the thing I was hinting at earlier? I'm 99% sure Selenity is involved in said thing, and she now knows I'm also involved in said thing. Basically we're confirming each other, and then you just have to decide whether you believe either one of us. 

So my list in no particular order:

Lavinya (no information, hasn't really done much though RL stuff needs to be considered) Sylandra (Power is convenient. Discourages action taken against them, can't be confirmed) 
    Portius (Maeve just seems really out of place)
    Othero (Power could just be him being soulless and knowing what the soulless do by virtue of that)
    Ushaara (Also a sketchy claim. Vengeance was a bluff I've used in the past)
  • Balls can't edit.

Lavinya (no information, hasn't really done much though RL stuff needs to be considered)
    Sylandra (Power is convenient. Discourages action taken against them, can't be confirmed) 
    Portius (Maeve just seems really out of place)
    Othero (Power could just be him being soulless and knowing what the soulless do by virtue of that)
    Ushaara (Also a sketchy claim. Vengeance was a bluff I've used in the past)

• To defend myself I will say Shaddus has confirmed I don't go anywhere at night. So if I am Soulless I'm not the one doing the kills. Which would mean I most likely have some other power I'd be hiding from everyone.

My own list would be Portius, Sylandra (It's just a gut feeling. Something feels off about you and your claim but I can't pin it down), and Ushaara.

I'd also go for a Lavinya lynch but I'd like to see a claim and some more evidence on why Lavinya is scum before the lynch.
    To that end, I'd like to humbly request that @Breandryn target me tonight with an item, as it's the closest I can get to verifying at this moment in time. I believe it may help assuage some doubts about my role.

I'd also like to point this out: at the very least, @Shaddus has confirmed what I do. So, I will ask that you trust me when I say that my power is entirely passive in nature, and no harm will come to those who target me. No harm came to Shaddus. If any of you target me tonight, what happened to him is what will happen to you. That's all I do and all I am.

And I have to say, having that ability outed so early has made me essentially useless. :( From what I can see, I'm the only thing we have close to a watcher so far. And my watching is limited to the point that it really means nothing, essentially, since no one now wants to waste a power on me at night. I was very aggressive early on in the hopes of getting more attention, but that got snuffed out much faster than I'd anticipated.

Tldr: I was hoping to learn more to prove my innocence, and I haven't. :/ 
    Daraius said:
    So I have tiers of suspicion, which I am sharing below.

My "Most Suspicious" List:

@Lavinya - not enough information tbh, default suspicious
    @Portius - dubious claim, reacted very anti-town to his initial lynch train (Town would be fighting harder to prevent another immunity lynch, imho)
    @Othero - easy power to fake as Soulless + he still hasn't shared what happened the night before last, which I find very odd (what if he had died? wouldn't a townie want that information out? something doesn't add up)
    @Ushaara - It was bizarrely difficult to lynch him on Day 2 for his traitor claim, when town had very little else to go on. Are there people who were invested in keeping him alive? (Vivet?) This lynch isn't as high priority for me, but the fact that Trem flipped Survivor makes me think Malmydia would too. I'm betting third party here more than anything else.

My "Low-Key Suspicious" List:
    @Dylara - Look, I believe you killed Vivet. And I believe you're not a Traitor. But a vig with kills so limited you could only manage one in 3 nights? It's getting harder for me to suspend my disbelief.
    @Yomoigu - At this point, I'm more inclined to trust Yomoigu than not, but there's still this niggling feeling that there's something we still don't know. I also notice that by the time he claimed, I was the only person who'd called out Triumvirate. Why would there be only two Triumvirate characters, and not three? Granted, I don't know who Lavinya is, and it's possible all three of us are here. But I'm currently a bit weirded out that it's just 2/3, and not 3/3.
    @Lehki - I'm less skeptical here, but we don't know for sure who he is. Is there a role besides Aslarn that could have provoked the same reaction? That fact that it's activated by PM is kind of what makes me nervous about this, but he's not someone I want to lynch right now.

My "Probably Town" List:
    @Phoebus - Mason claim. Totally unlikely that Elfie and Lisaera would start out opposed.
    @Weiwae - Proven jailor ability over and over. Verified by Luce.
    @Selenity - Trusted by Fyler re: sharding knowledge.
    @Fyler - Trusted by Selenity re: sharding knowledge.
    @Breandryn - More or less semi-confirmed by daypower to be Clangorum.
    Daraius said:
  • Oh, I did share it. Luce and Shaddus were both Soulless attacks, all I really know. I was holding onto the info because it was A. obvious and B. hoping to leverage it with Weiwae.
    Ahhh, okay, that's good to know. I totally missed that post.
    Daraius said:
    Sylandra said:
    So I have tiers of suspicion, which I am sharing below.

My "Most Suspicious" List:

@Lavinya - not enough information tbh, default suspicious
    @Portius - dubious claim, reacted very anti-town to his initial lynch train (Town would be fighting harder to prevent another immunity lynch, imho)
    @Othero - easy power to fake as Soulless + he still hasn't shared what happened the night before last, which I find very odd (what if he had died? wouldn't a townie want that information out? something doesn't add up)
    @Ushaara - It was bizarrely difficult to lynch him on Day 2 for his traitor claim, when town had very little else to go on. Are there people who were invested in keeping him alive? (Vivet?) This lynch isn't as high priority for me, but the fact that Trem flipped Survivor makes me think Malmydia would too. I'm betting third party here more than anything else.
    Lavinya's claim could make or break Portius for me.