The Elder Wars Mafia! Morgfyre and Malmydia Win! (Lavinya/Ushaara)

Comments

• How does it prove Zvoltz though. Since when does Zvoltz have time warping power? 
    Known Aliases: Celina/Cyndarin/Fire Jesus/The Night/That Bitch who griefed us
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Oh and just an early heads up, tomorrow I am heading away for the weekend so will be sparse after about 12 hours from now for a few days. Will still be checking in but not at a computer or doing lengthy posts because autocorrect hates me a lot.

• PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    Fyler said:
    Gank Portius then reset. Perfect.
    I don't think that plan works. My reading was that she can only reset a phase in twilight, so after votes but before flips. So can't reset a vig kill.
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • Re my twilight ability, that was the armor I created versus a role ability. I don't know what stuff people get when I select them for delivery so there may be more abilities like that out there.
  • I'm also really curious who Lavinya wants to lynch.
  • UshaaraUshaara Schrödinger's Traitor
    I am about to go to bed, but woo Zvoltz!

Don't get the reset power, but can't imagine it is made up either, since as has already happened you'd be immediately asked to prove it. You're saying it doesn't even make the person unlynchable? Train can be immediately reapplied? Is this a Halligod bureaucracy joke power - resubmit votes and try again?

Is anyone else surprised by the lack of claimed day powers? Krokano flip had me expecting way more sneaky day acting going on.
  • UshaaraUshaara Schrödinger's Traitor
    Man, now I said it, it seems even weirder when Fain's disruption field was a 1-shot...
  • PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    Vote: Portius
    Still the sketchier dude. 
    Phoebus said:
    Still the sketchier dude. 

We have a person was confirmed as jail on a day with less kills than normal, and confirmed on jail where we have a vigilante claim that would result in less scum kills than normal.

We have a person who has just claimed a power that seems incredibly unlikely, in that it can reset an entire day. Having thought about it, the point of that is probably to cancel 1-shot day powers. Thus far, we have seen one scum with a limited day power, and that power is (presumably hidden activation) communication. So canceling it does nothing, and she wouldn't know when to activate it in response to that anyway. All other day powers that we have seen on a flip or even seen claimed are town. Unless you assume that there's some massive, public activation scum power that we don't know about (and you probably shouldn't, because parsimony) this is a very scummy power. This person appears to be open to demonstrating this power as a way to prove their claim.

You are declaring me sketchier than both of these people. That seems pretty questionable to me, but it's not entirely unreasonable. But you're also pushing a lynch that denies information. If we use Lavinya's power, and she's telling the truth, you can lynch me right after. No harm done, and you get a degree of confirmation of Lavi's identity. It doesn't strictly confirm her as town, since it could be a scum power, but it's decent, and we might be able to judge some of it off of the fluff description when Silvanus posts. Lynching me right away denies that information, and gains essentially nothing for the town.

I'm not saying we should lynch you. Many bigger fish to fry that can provide more information. But that is an extremely sketchy vote, and I'm eying you as a cult convert.
    I didn't say Lavinya isn't sketchy. I said you're sketchier. Sketchy. Let's keep saying that word.
    Oh, and in addition to all the other reasons I've stated for not trusting you, your posting since the day you were almost lynched has been almost entirely geared towards deflecting suspicion off of yourself and onto anyone else you think it might stick to. It's a bit, dare I say it, sketchy.
    Phoebus said:
    Oh, and in addition to all the other reasons I've stated for not trusting you, your posting since the day you were almost lynched has been almost entirely geared towards deflecting suspicion off of yourself and onto anyone else you think it might stick to. It's a bit, dare I say it, sketchy.
    Thinking I'm sketchy is not, in itself, sketchy. I think it's a questionable assessment, but that's not the same as thinking it's a scummy assessment. Not testing Lavinya is sketchier than a sketchbook of sketches. Sketch no longer looks like a word.

Besides, it's in the town's interests to have suspicions aired and examined. That's true whether a lynch is being aimed at me or not. It just happens to look like deflection when you're the object of suspicion. But that's just as true of when Ushaara was putting out reasons that I was a better lynch than him as it is of me. And I'm fairly confident that he's town.
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Portius said:
    Selenity said:
    Selenity said:
    Vote: Portius.

I might be wrong but I'm more convinced he's a liar now. Not nearly enough awakener Gods to warrant the power he said he has.

@Sylandra There you go, you wanted me to explain earlier. I might be wrong though.
    Or, you know, they could quite sensibly be claiming false identities to avoid becoming targets. If the scum think it's better to starve me out rather than lose a phase or two kills battering me down, they'd want to kill them first and be patient.

Wait what? Hold on just a second.
    I'm Maeve. Queen of the fae, technically not so much a god as a spiritual defense system for your land.

I get kill immunities. I start with some, and I get more every few night phases based on the number of fae producing gods that are still alive. I'm not naming them, but I'm sure you can take an educated guess at who they are. I know their names, but not who is playing them.

At night, I can give some or all of these kill immunities to other people. At that point, they're gone. I lose them even if nothing attacks my targets. So I'm kind of like a doctor, except not nearly as good. But I can save up my immunities to protect a lot of people at once in an emergency. Unless the soulless knock a few of them out of me. Which, let's be real, they're going to make a point of doing now even if I make it through the day.

Why do I target by role name instead of by player name? Because much like Selenity, I'm not actually a god. I don't get to go to your meetings. I don't recognize all of you. 

As I recall, when pressed on the above, you mentioned there were only two gods in play with Awakener/fae abilities. 

In fact, you did:

I do know their names, I do not know their players. I think the design intention was that I can always protect them if I want to spend the immunities on it. There are two of them.

Since @Ssaliss's flip, I was suspecting it was the Lisaera/Elfenehoala combo. But now you're saying other fae-creating gods might be hiding their identities to prevent being killed?

Let's just cut to the chase: what are the names of the two other fae-creating gods in play? Because I have a suspicion you knew about the Lis/Elfie combo, but nothing else. Something that mafia could have certainly learned with a lucky consigliere investigation, I'd like to add.

If it's another set of two gods you knew about, I'm sure we'd all be curious to hear what those gods are.

Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • SelenitySelenity My first MC to stay in Serenwilde
    Sylandra said:
    Portius said:
    Selenity said:
    Selenity said:
    Vote: Portius.

I might be wrong but I'm more convinced he's a liar now. Not nearly enough awakener Gods to warrant the power he said he has.

@Sylandra There you go, you wanted me to explain earlier. I might be wrong though.
    Or, you know, they could quite sensibly be claiming false identities to avoid becoming targets. If the scum think it's better to starve me out rather than lose a phase or two kills battering me down, they'd want to kill them first and be patient.

Wait what? Hold on just a second.
    I'm Maeve. Queen of the fae, technically not so much a god as a spiritual defense system for your land.

I get kill immunities. I start with some, and I get more every few night phases based on the number of fae producing gods that are still alive. I'm not naming them, but I'm sure you can take an educated guess at who they are. I know their names, but not who is playing them.

At night, I can give some or all of these kill immunities to other people. At that point, they're gone. I lose them even if nothing attacks my targets. So I'm kind of like a doctor, except not nearly as good. But I can save up my immunities to protect a lot of people at once in an emergency. Unless the soulless knock a few of them out of me. Which, let's be real, they're going to make a point of doing now even if I make it through the day.

Why do I target by role name instead of by player name? Because much like Selenity, I'm not actually a god. I don't get to go to your meetings. I don't recognize all of you. 

As I recall, when pressed on the above, you mentioned there were only two gods in play with Awakener/fae abilities. 

In fact, you did:

I do know their names, I do not know their players. I think the design intention was that I can always protect them if I want to spend the immunities on it. There are two of them.

Since @Ssaliss's flip, I was suspecting it was the Lisaera/Elfenehoala combo. But now you're saying other fae-creating gods might be hiding their identities to prevent being killed?

Let's just cut to the chase: what are the names of the two other fae-creating gods in play? Because I have a suspicion you knew about the Lis/Elfie combo, but nothing else. Something that mafia could have certainly learned with a lucky consigliere investigation, I'd like to add.

If it's another set of two gods you knew about, I'm sure we'd all be curious to hear what those gods are.

I love you for following my thought process Sylandra without me fully vocalizing it. Thank you. So much love.
    I already voted for Portius didn't I? If not, I'll do it again:

Vote Portius

Ok double checking my power flavour to clarify - I can reset the day AFTER a LYNCH (it doesn't mention death, but lynch so I'm assuming it's only going to work to reset a lynch) my bad it doesn't specifically say we go back to hour zero, I misunderstood, but all votes are reset and we return to day.  I can't adjust time, just how if I feel there is an injustice going on I can step in and force everyone to think it through again.

Naming names is hopefully harmless (Ha! Alliteration.)

We have a Nocht and Auseklis who have not named themselves. In support of this, I will quote the book of Clangorum, on Maeve's awakening:

"I could tell that several of the Sixth Circle, including Nocht the Silent, Auseklis the Wanderer, Lisaera the Silver and her sister Elfenehoala the Golden, were alarmed as their creations responded synchronously. Bollikin noticed their concern and quickly spoke up."

Notice that it's the two who aren't in a mason group together. Presumably, Silvanus designed it that way to avoid having too much disruption from killing any one townie. Possibly also to have representation for both the Seren and Glom spirits.
    You know what, this doesn't sit right with me. I feel confident enough to vote without hearing a rebuttal.

Because to me it reads like you're quite clearly contradicting yourself. Of course, feel free to try and prove me wrong.

Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
    Portius said:
    Naming names is hopefully harmless (Ha! Alliteration.)

We have a Nocht and Auseklis who have not named themselves. In support of this, I will quote the book of Clangorum, on Maeve's awakening:

"I could tell that several of the Sixth Circle, including Nocht the Silent, Auseklis the Wanderer, Lisaera the Silver and her sister Elfenehoala the Golden, were alarmed as their creations responded synchronously. Bollikin noticed their concern and quickly spoke up."

Notice that it's the two who aren't in a mason group together. Presumably, Silvanus designed it that way to avoid having too much disruption from killing any one townie. Possibly also to have representation for both the Seren and Glom spirits.

Yes, you see, except for one thing.

We have names for everyone's roles, save one.

1. Sylandra - claims Hoaracle, vanishes at night

2. Falmiis  Dead: Krokano, Elder

3. Lavinya - claims Zvoltz

4. Luce Dead: Xyl, Investigator

5. not Celina - confirmed Fuzzy Lumpkins

6. Ssaliss Dead: Lisaera, Mason

7. Lehki - claims Aslarn, one-time governor power (used Day 2)

8. Breandryn - confirmed Clangorum, inventor + 1-time immunity (used Day 2)

9. Xeii Dead: Meridian, Doctor

10. Dylara - claims Orlachmar, vig

11. Ushaara - claims (town) Malmydia, 1-time Revenge power (unactivated) 

12. Vivet Dead: Fain, Traitor

13. Phoebus - claims Elfenehoala, Mason with Ssaliss (confirmed by no counter claim) - Jailed Night 3

14. Selenity - confirmed Fates, passive shard-related power, kill immunity (you'd bet I say it's confirmed, it's my perspective)

15. Portius - claims Maeve with immunities, says he was targeted for two kills on Night 1, ?? lynch immunity (used Day 3) 

16. Yomoigu - ??, jailed Selenity Night 2

17. Shaddus - investigator-confirmed Mugowumpois, tracker, tracked Sylandra N1 (vanished), tracked Yomoigu N2 (targeted Selenity), tracked Othero N3 (went nowhere) RIP

18. Othero - claims Dracnoris with Soulless sense, saw two Soulless fight each other on Night 1, a Soulless targeted Selenity on Night 2 (while jailed by Weiwae), ?? Night 3

19. Tremula - confirmed Drocilla, says has an ability literally called "Powerless" Voided

20. Weiwae - investigator-confirmed Roark, jailer, N1 jailed Xeii, N2 jailed Othero, N3 jailed Phoebus

Notice what that means?

That means there can't be an Auseklis and a Nocht running around.

To the contrary, Selenity. It means that there cannot be an Auseklis and a Nocht running around if all of those claims are truthful.
    Well there is absolutely at least two liars - A Soulless and whoever has the forbidden elixir now that Fain is dead (I guess potentially the story has been re-written and Nemach has both?). Yomoigu is either Jadice or Mysrai according to his claim of being one of the triumvirate. Certainly no Nocht or Auseklis and I'm not sure why no one would admit to being either of those roles as they don't read inherently scummy to me.

Is there anyone at this point who could claim these roles? Is there anyone willing to? Even @Yomoigu has already claimed Triumvirate, which neither of those roles are.

And wouldn't this mean you have 4 immunity machines churning every night from Night 1?

There's a much simpler answer to me. And it's that you were caught in a lie and had to make it a bigger lie to keep the bluff going.
    Daraius said:
    Sylandra said:

And wouldn't this mean you have 4 immunity machines churning every night from Night 1?

Nope. It means that there are two gods that produce fae for the purpose of my powers. There's nothing that implies that every awakener feeds me. That would be ridiculous.

Lavinya said:
     I'm not sure why no one would admit to being either of those roles as they don't read inherently scummy to me.
    If they have something about empowering Maeve on their role card, which is likely, they wouldn't want to draw attention to themselves early, simply to avoid getting targeted by a cult or soulless for drawing too much attention. That means they'd want to claim late, by which point I had already claimed Maeve. Mentioning a connection to me, or even implying it by claiming an awakener role, would expose them a lot in that case.
  • Vote: Portius
    Portius said:
    Sylandra said:

Nope. It means that there are two gods that produce fae for the purpose of my powers. There's nothing that implies that every awakener feeds me. That would be ridiculous.
    Oh? Maybe I read this a bit differently than you meant it then:

Because it doesn't read to me like it's only a specific group, but rather all fae producing gods total.

A misunderstanding on my part, I'm sure.

Daraius said:
    Well, it is a misunderstanding of my intended statement. But I know an inevitable lynch when I see one. I will suppress my urge to monologue, in case one of the scum groups happens to have a janitor that wants to get me. But I will say that I was absolutely sure that I was gonna get jailed the night after my first lynch, and that somehow didn't happen. And I was very confident that you'd lynch me again immediately, which also didn't happen. Somehow. I'm really not sure how on that one. So I kind of feel like I've exceeded any reasonable expectations.
  • Ushaara said:

The two jailors thing is weird and uncommon, but we don't appear to have a vanilla roleblocker and I'm assuming Yomoigu is Mysrai and has shifting powers, so mebbe... Of Yomo/Weiwae, since Weiwae was confirmed by Luce, Yomo would have to be rated as more suspicious.

Well, you're half-right anyway. I am Mysrai, but I'm no power shifter. The reason I was insistent that Weiwae be absolutely certain as to the reason why he was convinced Phoebus was a Soulless was because the power he thought he had is the power I actually have. My name is Mysrai, and I am a Soulless-sniffer*

*To be completely accurate I am an excoroperditio-sniffer, but that doesn't roll off the tongue quite as well :(

Any given night I can jail a target and sense their aura to see if it is pure or if it has been contaminated by soulless essence. As was mentioned by a few of you, this ability can be very powerful but there are drawbacks. I can only use it X amount of times (though it is refreshed if I find a Soulless or Traitor) and if I go X attempts in a row without finding a baddie, I am removed from the game. I have used the power twice now (Night 2 against Selenity and last night against Shaddus).
    @Tremula outing that she was Drocilla likely helped a great deal to avoid an earlier @Portius lynch train, tbf.

And wow. Uh. That's really coincidental, @Yomoigu. Huh. Going to process that for a bit. Though it does line up with the investigator only knowing role name and ability, as opposed to alignment.
    Daraius said:
    @Yomoigu So that's what you meant when you said you didn't intend to protect me.
  • You had just pushed two lynch chains which used up two governor powers...I thought you were mafia!
    Yomoigu said:
    You had just pushed two lynch chains which used up two governor powers...I thought you were mafia!
    Nope, just playing really really poorly! :D This is expert-mode mafia and I haven't played in probably over a literal year.