The Elder Wars Mafia! Morgfyre and Malmydia Win! (Lavinya/Ushaara)

Comments

• edited March 2017
    I know I'm dead, but I just wanted to share the draft post I started to make last day:

So, regarding this conversation, I've been left alone each night t

Murder she wrote :(

• So I'm leaning to Yomoigu right now. Yomoigu defended Portius in our first lynch attempt and sort of just avoided the Portius talk in the 2nd lynch. I've also had a really tough time this entire game believing that we have 2 town aligned jailers. 
  • SelenitySelenity My first MC to stay in Serenwilde
    My list of people I trust is so short right now. Breandryn, why'd you have to die. Dx I knew in my heart you were good.

So. @Weiwae, @Fyler, @Phoebus. I trust you three to be town. What are your thoughts on who is the most suspicious?
  • Othero said:
    So I'm leaning to Yomoigu right now. Yomoigu defended Portius in our first lynch attempt and sort of just avoided the Portius talk in the 2nd lynch. I've also had a really tough time this entire game believing that we have 2 town aligned jailers. 
    It's pretty uncommon for there to be two jailers period, yet here we are. The only defense I really have to that is to say that my role is specialized and limited and not a general jailer.  

As far as defending portius, it was less defending him and more thinking that you were initially just as sketchy.
  • PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances

Othero said:
    So I'm leaning to Yomoigu right now. Yomoigu defended Portius in our first lynch attempt and sort of just avoided the Portius talk in the 2nd lynch. I've also had a really tough time this entire game believing that we have 2 town aligned jailers. 
    Between the two jail thing, and the fact that both of them are still alive right now, I'm having trouble accepting that something isn't up with one of them. Hell, I was already not accepting it when two jailers showed up at all, let alone showed up and continued to live.

If there is a cult in play then we can't trust Weiwae's (or anyone else's) previous confirmation as town. A previously confirmed townie is a good cult recruit, and turning the jailer into your own personal blocker is great. Yomoigu claimed to have investijailer powers, for real ones, and now he's been locked up for a night. Sure, it protects, but it also blocks. You can easily swing it as an altruistic action when it was really meant to stop a power from being used to town's benefit. 

But Yomoigu doesn't exactly look super innocent. We know that Weiwae at least started as town. In what kind of game does town start with two aligned jailers? The night a Soulless targeted Selenity, we know Yomoigu had her locked up. Did he truly protect her from the Soulless, or was he the Soulless the whole time? But there was still a Soulless kill last night, when he was put away. If all the Soulless (assuming three?) have always had kill powers, we would've seen way more deaths by now. So someone may have gained a killing ability upon Kethuru's death. If so, it wasn't Yomoigu; he was jailed and couldn't have done the kill.
    Selenity said:
    My list of people I trust is so short right now. Breandryn, why'd you have to die. Dx I knew in my heart you were good.

So. @Weiwae, @Fyler, @Phoebus. I trust you three to be town. What are your thoughts on who is the most suspicious?
    Do you only trust Fyler to be town because of the sharding thing matching your role? Do you trust Weiwae to be town because he was previously confirmed? Do you trust me to be town because I'm Elfenehoala? My advice: don't. If there's a cult in play, previous confirmations don't mean much of anything. You can trust these people not to be Soulless, but assuming cult, you have no way of verifying they aren't traitors from this information. Yes, I'm saying you can't trust me based only on my role! It would be pretty hypocritical of me to say you can trust me for the same reasons I say you should be suspicious of everyone else.

And I'm going to reiterate that just because someone is town, it doesn't mean they're right. Be really careful about believing someone else's hunch over your own unless they back it up well.
    I hate games with cults. It makes everything so much more annoying. We don't really have hard confirmation that it's what we're working with here, but between the flavor, the hidden power, and the number of kills, it's probably the case. Ugh. Hopefully we can dig up the Soulless before things get too bad.
    Alright. So. We know someone is definitely a Soulless and that there are one or more traitors.

I'm willing to attempt to lynch Ushaara again. (ilu Ush dun hate meh)

Vote: Ushaara.

He said he's accepted his death so hey, why not at this point.

I do not believe that Weiwae, Fyler, or Phoebus are Soulless. I can't really comprehend the idea of dealing with a cult right now. Dislike. Hate. Cults are bad. Boo cults.
  • I had a major job interview today,  sorry for not responding sooner. I did not target Breandryn,  cannot say I would not have had the people she kept trying to hand stuff off to kept dying, but I also have no night kills left so my hands are tied in that respect. 

Brain is addled sorry again if confusing wording.

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    I can get on the @Yomoigu train. I'm suspicious of his claim, and how vague it's been. Additionally, as it seems there's no Jadice in play, it doesn't sit right to me that we have a Mysrai and a Hoaracle but no Jadice. I think it's a convenient claim--particularly since he didn't say "I'm Mysrai" but "I'm one of the Triumvirate," potentially to sniff out if there was anyone still in the Triumvirate in-game besides me. The whole thing just rubs me the wrong way. His "specialized ability" also opens up a lot of nights with no verifiable action (not that I'm one to talk, but hey).

But before I vote, I want to hear something. @Dylarawhat on earth is your vigilante limitation? And why is it limiting you so, so much? If this were day 3, with one vig kill, I could buy it. But we're so far from then and you haven't even explained why you can't kill often enough. It smells fishy to me. Could easily be a lie after all where Vivet was a lucky pro-townie kill, but the rest of the nights you're up to no-good Soulless murdertimez.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • One day,  one night from my understanding of my role and the clarification I received.

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

Ooooh, so you have a daykill? That's handy.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • Indeed,  it's why I was trying to get people to say who they felt was most suspicious. And you guys did not help so I have been holding on to it, but likely to be super dead now that it's known and I don't use it.

Or who knows in this game, pretty sure I'm only alive because I'm thought to be useless.

Could always fall back and get Ushaara, would be consistent! 

Does the day end if you use your daykill?
    Daraius said:
    Dylara said:
    Indeed,  it's why I was trying to get people to say who they felt was most suspicious. And you guys did not help so I have been holding on to it, but likely to be super dead now that it's known and I don't use it.

Or who knows in this game, pretty sure I'm only alive because I'm thought to be useless.

Could always fall back and get Ushaara, would be consistent! 

Do you happen to know if using your daykill would end the day?
    Sylandra said:
    Does the day end if you use your daykill?
    ... I owe you a soda. We wrote that at the same time.
  • UshaaraUshaara Schrödinger's Traitor
    Well I've accepted being eventually killed off for cult suspicions and not being able to provide any alibi for night actions, but if you're actually looking for a Soulless, that'll be a waste.

I've been almost lynched a ridiculous number of times for outing myself as Malmydia.  I was also the first to identify Portius as a Soulless, and while yep that could have been an elaborate bluff to make myself look innocent, given that Soulless need to drop Elder numbers as fast as they can to win, that would have been counter productive!

@Dylara bit surprised you haven't used it on me already, lol
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    I'm torn between Weiwae and Yomoigu right now. Weiwae as a possible convert, because why he isn't dead yet is beyond me and I could see him being left alone by teammates (not sure why Soulless wouldn't go after him though). Yomoigu because of the two jailers business. 

• I was going to do this big huge reveal and do it, and I got busy. :( awaiting a response from Silvanus's,  although I am going on the assumption that it does currently. I have an appointment soon so may not respond properly until later.

• Update, day will continue! 

Dylara said:
    Update, day will continue! 
    I'm kind of inclined to say you should do it. Ultimately your decision.
    Just in case Dylara does decide to off me while I'm asleep, I want to ask some questions before I miss my chance.

@Selenity Can you explain again why you're confident of Fyler's innocence? That Fyler said 'I shard when I die. That makes sense! Selenity's a good guy!' was the extent I could infer of why you believed her?

I don't know if it's because I'm Malmydia, who isn't someone who splintered in the canon lore or what, but I don't have anything in my rolesheet about shards or splintering, and there's been nothing in the flips we've seen about it either to give me any further insight.

But Silvanus' Hallifur post had something in it that was making me think Fyler's Bollikin claim was a potential bluff, and now game lore wise, I'm not sure if implicitly assuming that Bollikin was the first to splinter necessarily holds true.

Every other day-end post after a death included bolded references to sharded races, terentians, elcryrionites etc. and by all accounts it appears that the bolded races are -not- present in the game. The Hallifur post had both furrikin and tae'dae bolded, so if the theory holds true then Bollikin and Tae are -not- present in the game. Absolutely possible that it was a slip by Silvanus, but since those are the only mod posts I get to go on for solid information, my theory crafting gets based on them.

So given that sharded races are already confirmed, why is saying 'I shard when I die' a rock solid proof of innocence to you? How confident are you in Fyler? And am I just reading too much into Silvanus' fluff messages?
  • Ushaara, I'll try not to off you while you're sleeping. Give the town some time to decide what do do with it.

Ushaara said:
    Just in case Dylara does decide to off me while I'm asleep, I want to ask some questions before I miss my chance.

@Selenity Can you explain again why you're confident of Fyler's innocence? That Fyler said 'I shard when I die. That makes sense! Selenity's a good guy!' was the extent I could infer of why you believed her?

I don't know if it's because I'm Malmydia, who isn't someone who splintered in the canon lore or what, but I don't have anything in my rolesheet about shards or splintering, and there's been nothing in the flips we've seen about it either to give me any further insight.

But Silvanus' Hallifur post had something in it that was making me think Fyler's Bollikin claim was a potential bluff, and now game lore wise, I'm not sure if implicitly assuming that Bollikin was the first to splinter necessarily holds true.

Every other day-end post after a death included bolded references to sharded races, terentians, elcryrionites etc. and by all accounts it appears that the bolded races are -not- present in the game. The Hallifur post had both furrikin and tae'dae bolded, so if the theory holds true then Bollikin and Tae are -not- present in the game. Absolutely possible that it was a slip by Silvanus, but since those are the only mod posts I get to go on for solid information, my theory crafting gets based on them.

So given that sharded races are already confirmed, why is saying 'I shard when I die' a rock solid proof of innocence to you? How confident are you in Fyler? And am I just reading too much into Silvanus' fluff messages?
    Hi I'm on my phone so this will look pretty bad. My confidence in Fyler comes from the mentioning of shards. I asked Silvanus about the s harding he's written about in his start of day stuff with the Books of Whoever... Those are wholly fluff by him.

I do have a thing (yes a thing I'm on my phone on the train, you can go back through 50 pages if you'd like for somewhat exactly what it is) mentions mortals. How do mortals happen? Sharding. That's why I am willing to believe Fyler is Bollikin.
    Alright. I don't think I'll get it straight in my head until I see role flips at game or whatever, but you're still confident about it so willing to concede that I'm likely reading too much into fluff.
  • As a side note, we could potentially test out Lavinya's Reset power today.

• LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    I'm ok with testing my reset power except I can't use it to save someone who has been dayvigged, only a stop and rethink on a lynch.

Hrngh, on phone now myself and about to head to bed, but that Hallifur post also has the bolded renamed Trinity as the nexus of power, which might be a reference to three Fate sisters. Not sure what other reference Trinity could have in furrikin/tae'dae community... When Mugowumpois died, no change in Bubbling Cauldron nexus name built by elcyrionites.

So don't think it means ye're Soulless, and I realise I'm reading a lot into Silvanus' flavour posts but can't shake the feeling that something's strange there, or that you're holding something back. Will sleep on it.
  • Ushaara said:

I've already explained this. We know something you don't, and you'll either have to trust us or not but it's already been argued by other players that aren't us that it's not time to reveal that information. 

Yes, we can explain it. No we are not going to. Yet.

It bothers me that I've had to state this repeatedly, and you're still pulling at this thread even though neither Selenity nor I have given any indication we are willing to go back on vouching for one another. STOP TRYING TO MAKE FETCH HAPPEN, USHAARA.

Given, we can't vouch for not being cult members because meeeh cults. 

Known Aliases: Celina/Cyndarin/Fire Jesus/The Night/That Bitch who griefed us
    We should try to see if we can't sniff out a potential Soulless before we go for Ushaara. He could possibly be a Traitor, but a Soulless trying to fly under the radar definitely wouldn't claim Malmydia. If we can't come up with anything better, sure, you know I'm on board. But we've got time to think before pulling the trigger.
  • I'm actually really curious if we're working with a recruiting cult or some sort of group survivor thing. If they are recruiting and can recruit every night then they'd be real close to a majority already. 11 or us left, 5 nights, and only 1 kill.