The Elder Wars Mafia! Morgfyre and Malmydia Win! (Lavinya/Ushaara)

Comments

• SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    edited March 2017
    The Taint Wars, adjusted:

Whatever the transformation, the victims also undergo radical personality changes and are considered extremely hostile and aggressive. They also appear to be organizing in large numbers along the borders of the Taint, often abducting individuals and dragging them into the Taint, sometimes retreating into the Taint when met with opposing forces. At least two unsubstantiated reports indicate that a ‘Taint Army’ has attacked the Gnome Mountain Kingdom, killing King Varrim and dispersing the gnome defenders.

Breandryn was Clangorum of the Mountains 

"Aye, we could some of us take the elixir as Morgfyre suggests," I said when all attention had turned upon me. "But you can count me out. If you ask me, it wouldn't be a noble sacrifice, it would be the path of the coward. Corrupting ourselves, turning ourselves into the enemy, destroying our own souls, for what? To win a few battles before we lose all identity of who or what we are? You all know how close I've been to Orlachmar, and I've seen firsthand the changes within him. Bloody stars, he is not the same! The soul, what Dynara saw in each of us, is being destroyed within Orlachmar! You think that's noble? To throw away Dynara's greatest gift? I say no! I would rather die with honor and being true to myself than win using this coward's method!"

Elders: You win with the town when all Soulless are defeated.

Second Circle Artist (INVENTOR): You are a member of the Second Circle but you are really an artist in your creations. You make weapons and armor of war to shield and fight our battles against the Soulless, ones crafted with such beauty and elegance that many suspect you work with members of the Fourth Circle, not knowing you are the artist of your creche. You may fashion either a piece of Weapon or Armor for any player during the Night that will be unique to each Elder (or Soulless, if you choose wrong).

With 11 alive, it takes 6 to lynch!

It is now Day Six.

(sorry for the delays)

2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
  • SelenitySelenity My first MC to stay in Serenwilde
    I will remember you, Breandryn.

Great job on us getting Kethuru guys. So we're looking at Illith and a traitor still then, potentially, right?
  • PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    Alright. Glad we got that taken care of.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Ok so only one kill. Related to Kethuru being exiled or someone being blocked? 

• Breandyn's death was the result of a soulless. Not sure if that means someone got jailed and didn't get off a kill or if something else happened.
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Ugh. Well. Breandryn never got to target me, if she was going to act based on our plan previously. Should have expected this, really.

I'm guessing Portius's death means we're down a kill a night. Nothing about his profile seemed to indicate a night group chat, did it?
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
    Sylandra said:
    Ugh. Well. Breandryn never got to target me, if she was going to act based on our plan previously. Should have expected this, really.

I'm guessing Portius's death means we're down a kill a night. Nothing about his profile seemed to indicate a night group chat, did it?
    Seems to be that chatting is reserved for Traitors. The Soulless are isolated from one another, but still working towards the same goal. They weren't inherently aware of each other's identities, but at least one of the Illith and Kethuru pair knew who the other was, because they hit the block/repulse from targeting a Soulless on the first night.
  • I wrote and saved this a few days ago while I was very high but still just going to post it as is.

So a couple things occurred to me while looking over everything, and I had a dumb idea.

From Portius' flip, we know his claim of being attacked twice is bunk, but the details of his reveal could still imply there were 3 killers out there, since it sounds like 1 Soulless attacking a second will block the second, thus taking 2 kills out for the night. Also since Soulless don't have a night chat to prepare stories together, and probably didn't start knowing each others identities, and we had Portius and Othero both giving conflicting details about the Soulless fighting each other, either Othero's power claim is real, or he's the other Soulless that was in that encounter. Illith, I think it was. Think we should lynch him today and find out

Other thing I noticed, was about the win conditions.

Elders: You win with the town when all Soulless are defeated.

Traitors: You win when all Soulless are defeated and the rest of the Elders pose no threat (have a majority over town).

If take them exactly how they're worded, it has a few odd implications. First, Town's win condition isn't something vague like "win when all threats are defeated" that would include Soulless and Traitors. It just specifically says so Soulless. So regardless of the rest of the nonsense I'm about to spout, I think it's town best interest to focus mainly on sniffing out the Soulless, rather than the Traitors. Most of the discussion has been focused on the Traitors, probably because of Ushaara's presence.

The second and odder thing is that it sounds like if the Traitors win then any remaining Elders still technically win, because the Soulless were defeated. This would make them a rather odd 3p, technically.  Now, this could just be an oversight in the wording on @Silvanus's part, and I'm curious what ruling if any he'd care to make about that. 

Now getting to my dumb idea. If my speculation about the win conditions is true, and town doesn't need to off the Traitors to win, it might actually be beneficial to both Town and them for them to just out themselves. Now, it depends on if they reach their majority through recruitment or murder, but if they're not killing Town, then I'd say Town actually has no reason to go after them. So if there are multiple traitors(which is pretty much guaranteed if they have been recruiting since N1) confirming each other should be easy for them, and it could greatly help narrow down the list for Soulless suspects to look at.

Also, just, I would be so delighted if this game ended with history being changed so the Elders turned around said "Actually wait, yeah we'll let them use their Elixir to end the War"
    Maybe I'm just tired, but what are you proposing? That town unanimously agrees to a cult victory?
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
    Ok so I get the logic, kinda. Let's get the cult to reveal themselves so we can team up and kill the soulless but...what's to stop town from going 'Now we have you, muahaha' and lynch the leader. I mean, I would. 

I agree that the Soulless are the bigger threat (particularly to our win condition) but I'm not sure we really have a safe environment for that given Tremula dying for it and Ushaara being so close to dead for a few days. 

I'd really like to hear from @Weiwae as to who he jailed last night.

Yeah, so...I'm not following you, here. Do you want the Traitors to give up and let us win, or do you want us to give up and let the Traitors win? Don't really think either side is gonna go for that, heh.

Just because the Traitors also want the Soulless to die doesn't mean we're on the same side. Their win condition states pretty plainly that they're seeking a majority over us. Furthermore, choosing to totally ignore the Traitors in favor of hunting Soulless sets the Traitors up for an easier victory, because we could very well end up in a situation where the Traitors already had a majority, and we find out by their victory upon the death of the Soulless. I don't think a Traitor victory would be a very happy ending for Town, and a Town victory is not a win for the Traitors. Obviously the Soulless are our main target. But the Traitors are also still our enemies. We need them to die, and they need us to get out of the way.
    Yeah frankly, I'm a very competitive person and if there's a chance that I might lose as a townie if I let the Traitors win, I'm not down for that. Sorry 'bout it.

But I'm curious, @Lehki. Do we think there's a Traitor majority approaching or something? Why the sudden white flag?
    Daraius said:
    I have a question burning in my mind: why haven't scum killed off either jail role yet? That is a way bigger threat than an inventor who could have been left to possibly help them by accident, but it's just being left alone. 
  • Like I said, this was a dumb idea. It'd honestly be really weird if the set-up I'm imagining is what we're dealing with, that the cult isn't necessarily at odds with Town, but the exact wording of the win conditions kind of leaves it as possibility, which is why I pinged Silvanus to see if wanted to make any comment on that.  

And I don't see any downside to town in at least presenting a reason for the Traitors to reveal themselves. The choice in this matter would be entirely up the Traitors, but doing so is going to move power back towards Town, so clearly it's not a smart choice for them unless they're at or near a majority already. So if they don't, okay, nothing changes, but maybe that tells us they don't feel secure in a win yet, and if they do, either they feel like it's almost over and there's no harm, or they made a dumb play.
    While the wording here is specific about Soulless rather than something like "threats" or "scum", you can definitely consider the elixir to be Soulless influence, so that might be intentional vagueness. But the wording of the Town's win condition is ultimately irrelevant. We have seen the Traitors' win condition, and it absolutely puts them at odds with us.

Pretty sure this is what we're working with: when the last Soulless dies, either the game will end and the victory will go to Town or Traitors depending on who has majority, or it will continue until the Traitors are in control or also dead. Either way, if the Traitors ever do come out and start claiming in the name of finding Soulless, I'm going to assume this means they've achieved their majority. They'd be throwing their chance to win in the trash otherwise.
    (And I'm pretty sure "actually, let's use the elixir to win the war!" is the Traitor win condition. Don't be delighted about that!)
  • Phoebus said:
    I have a question burning in my mind: why haven't scum killed off either jail role yet? That is a way bigger threat than an inventor who could have been left to possibly help them by accident, but it's just being left alone. 
    I'm wondering the same thing...

Phoebus said:
    (And I'm pretty sure "actually, let's use the elixir to win the war!" is the Traitor win condition. Don't be delighted about that!)
    Meant win result, not win condition. The ending we'd get. It's late and words are hard.
  • Okay, that confirms breandryn,  I was a tad concerned about her since so many of the people she targeted were dropping dead.

I definitely disagree with the sentiment we need to allow the cult a win as a lesser of two evils. I do feel like this would be a lose for the Town.

So, just going to Vote: Lehki for suggesting it. Will change if a better target comes along. 

(I read it at 5am, so sorry if it's the wrong person I'm voting for for this)

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

There is every chance this 'dumb idea' was born from a successful conversion, thinking about it. 

• @Lavinya to answer your question, Weiwae spent the night with me (he jailed me, not the other way around). 
    Yomoigu said:
    Weiwae spent the night with me
    @Yomoigu x @Weiwae. The real OTP. Sorry for thinking it was you two, @Charune, @Lisaera.
    As for me, unsurprisingly, nothing happened to me last night.
  • Dylara said:
    Okay, that confirms breandryn,  I was a tad concerned about her since so many of the people she targeted were dropping dead.

I definitely disagree with the sentiment we need to allow the cult a win as a lesser of two evils. I do feel like this would be a lose for the Town.

So, just going to Vote: Lehki for suggesting it. Will change if a better target comes along. 

Did you vig Breandryn?

I ended up jailing yomoigu last night.
    Weiwae said:
    Dylara said:
    Okay, that confirms breandryn,  I was a tad concerned about her since so many of the people she targeted were dropping dead.

Did you vig Breandryn?

I ended up jailing yomoigu last night.
    @Othero said above that Breandryn's death was the result of a Soulless.

Othero said:
    Breandyn's death was the result of a soulless. Not sure if that means someone got jailed and didn't get off a kill or if something else happened.

• UshaaraUshaara Schrödinger's Traitor
    On phone, so rawr awkward posting, but I hate when we have an inconsistent number of deaths to what is expected. 2 Jailors and a mafia that can't coordinate makes things even more difficult in trying to figure out what we're facing.

Working off Soulless/Soulless/Traitor assumption for 3 scum attacks, with Traitor attack being kill or conversion.

N1: 3 attacks, 1 death (Krokano) - Assuming Traitor kill, since Illith/Kethuru blocked each other.

N2: 4 attacks (counting Dylara as vig), 2 deaths (Fain and Meridian) - Possible conversion. Soulless attacked Selenity/Fates (failed).

N3: 3 attacks, 2 deaths (Lisaera and Xyl) - Possible conversion. A Soulless targeted Luce/Xyl.

N4: 3 attacks, 1 death (Mugowumpois) - Possible conversion. A Soulless targeted Shaddus/Mugowumpois.

N5: 2 attacks, 1 death (Clangorum) - Possible conversion. Soulless targeted Breandryn/Clangorum.

But for Othero's information about a Soulless targeting Shaddus N4, I'd think we could have had another night of Soulless attacking/blocking each other on N4 that they're keeping quiet about. Though it's still potentially a goer if we have Nemach for a third Traitor-aligned Soulless. It's also perhaps possible that Traitors count as Soulless, but then their win condition would seem weird, and Othero's power becomes questionable. But I don't think our jailors are so lucky to always be preventing a kill/conversion, and since Soulless/Traitors don't seem to share a chat channel, it's also possible that they are picking the same targets...

@Weiwae @Yomoigu Can you list who you jailed on what nights again please?
  • Yomoigu said:
    I have used the power twice now (Night 2 against Selenity and last night (Night 4)against Shaddus).

• I jailed xeii, othero, phoebus, othero, and yomoigu. In that order.
  • Selenity said:
    Weiwae said:
    Dylara said:

Did you vig Breandryn?