The Elder Wars Mafia! Morgfyre and Malmydia Win! (Lavinya/Ushaara)

Comments

• PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    Sylandra said:
    @Tremula outing that she was Drocilla likely helped a great deal to avoid an earlier @Portius lynch train, tbf.

Trust me when I say that is not even the start of the bizarre coincidences that brought us here.
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • I didn't believe the Maeve claim before, and I don't believe it now.

Sorry.

Vote Portius
  • btw, in the back of my mind, I still think we are supposed to win this by not lynching anyone for three days in a row or something.
  • I just had a thought on my way home and I'm slightly worried now because I don't think there's been any discussion of if Portius is actually lynchable right now. If I'm understanding what he's claimed of his powers, if he was telling the truth shouldn't he still have a charge right now that would make him unkillable? Yet he's never brought that up in his own defense. After already seeing it once I would have believed him if he claimed to be unkillable again today. It's probable the whole thing is a big bluff that doesn't stand up under scrutiny, but now I'm slightly worried that he was actually recruited by the Traitors and actually IS Dame Maeve now, and is trying to get us to waste another lynch on him. =/
  • PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    Portius said:
    Phoebus said:
    Oh, and in addition to all the other reasons I've stated for not trusting you, your posting since the day you were almost lynched has been almost entirely geared towards deflecting suspicion off of yourself and onto anyone else you think it might stick to. It's a bit, dare I say it, sketchy.
    It just happens to look like deflection when you're the object of suspicion. 
    Nah, I was already thinking it when it was just your hugepost on why we should kill Tremula when otherwise it was looking like we might go after you again. Then you made a post describing Lavinya's claim as not even worth trying to investigate because she must be scum, which felt like an attempt to shift the tone of the Lavinya discussion away from investigative and towards dismissive. Then when I said you were sketchier because you still look worse than she does, you went all in and said I'm probably a cult convert. Dismissive deflection once again.

The Tremula argument was convenient for you because it was already completely logical to kill her, and it's what people probably would have done anyway without a big post telling them why it's such a good idea. Today's arguments seem more like blatant distractions away from yourself, and it just feels a little bit desperate, like the posts you were making when you were trying to get us not to lynch you the first time. You've got your grasping at straws attitude on, like you know Lavinya's claim wasn't weak enough to use as a solid defense to get another day out of. Sure, she's a little weird, and I'm sure we aren't just going to ignore her even if she does demonstrate a power for us. But she's not the guy whose stories don't add up, with a claim that doesn't fit, and a power we can't directly test. That's you, and I'm pretty sure you know you look worse.
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Phoebus said:

I still don't think Portius is Maeve, not buying it at all. There is definitely something weird going on with him. And I think if we attempt to lynch him again, it will work, based off of this part of the previously attempted lynch:
    Silvanus said:
    They will have to vote again if they want to try and take my life,
    The question of course is if other people are on board with that. 
    I'd like to bring this up, if it quells any of @Lehki's concerns. I'm inclined to think it means he had a one-off power, which he passed off as something more.

Particularly because at this point, his story doesn't add up. It has noticeable holes. If someone was defending him because they had Maeve in their role text, or was in fact Auseklis or Nocht, they'd have said something by now. No one has. The immunity gravy train, I think, is one of those powers that sounds "too good to be true." Leading me to believe that it is.

Lynchproof is a townie power. Lying to this extent does not feel townie. Ergo, I am doubtful we will experience another wall on this lynch. If we do, though, then I guess Portius and Silvanus can laugh at us again. But I'm willing to bet he isn't town, and if he's not town, that means he's got to be lynchable at some point.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
    Lehki said:
    I just had a thought on my way home and I'm slightly worried now because I don't think there's been any discussion of if Portius is actually lynchable right now. If I'm understanding what he's claimed of his powers, if he was telling the truth shouldn't he still have a charge right now that would make him unkillable? Yet he's never brought that up in his own defense. After already seeing it once I would have believed him if he claimed to be unkillable again today. It's probable the whole thing is a big bluff that doesn't stand up under scrutiny, but now I'm slightly worried that he was actually recruited by the Traitors and actually IS Dame Maeve now, and is trying to get us to waste another lynch on him. =/
    It's kind of irrelevant. If he does turn out to be unlynchable today, then we would know he's scum, because he wouldn't be hiding it if he was town. 
    ^My point being that knowing someone isn't on our side is still better than killing off a townie. Me no good at including all thoughts in short post.
  • I was mostly hung up on why he never tried to use it in his defense, but good points, Phoebus and Sylandra.

Are we at a lynch yet? Can I be the one to late vote this time?

Vote: Portius
  • I just want to say we have had scum in the past who couldn't be day killed (lynch included). Lynch proof is not necessarily a town power.

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• Which mafia was that? If you mean me from the Pokemafia, I had a 3-shot day immunity which while a lot is still limited. I also just lost it halfway through the game. Town also had multiple tools for killing at night including an unlimited vig and a couple of pokemon in that game. 
  • SelenitySelenity My first MC to stay in Serenwilde
    @Silvanus

Portius - Ushaara, Selenity, Phoebus, Lavinya, Sylandra, Othero, Weiwae, Lehki (8)

I think that's a lynch?

• SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    I think so as well but I haven't been at my compute to confirm, if it is a lynch I'll make a post in about 10 hours
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
    Dylara said:
    I just want to say we have had scum in the past who couldn't be day killed (lynch included). Lynch proof is not necessarily a town power.
    That really shouldn't happen. It makes it impossible for town to win if the vigilante dies.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • I was thinking of Lehki in the pokemafia, forgot it was limited.

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• Huh, interesting. We already know people are lying, and there's an argument that Portius should be lynched because he's saying 2 people (at least) are lying. 

Strange!

I know he's dead already, and here's hoping I'm not wrong but after sleeping on it I think the claim is too far out in left field to be made up. Why claim Maeve and claim you can name awakeners when you could...literally claim anything else. 

I'm interested to see how he flips! Role seems crazy, almost too crazy to be fake.
    Known Aliases: Celina/Cyndarin/Fire Jesus/The Night/That Bitch who griefed us
  • UshaaraUshaara Schrödinger's Traitor
    The same bizarreness of claim lead me into the "Silvanus might have provided safeclaims" thought channel.

The part of the failed lynch where he is surrounded while we chant his name also sounds a bit like the awakening of the Maeve, so still totally unsure on which way the flip will go.

If there is another sneaky lynch surprise.... rawr!!!
    Fyler said:
    Huh, interesting. We already know people are lying, and there's an argument that Portius should be lynched because he's saying 2 people (at least) are lying. 

Strange!

I know he's dead already, and here's hoping I'm not wrong but after sleeping on it I think the claim is too far out in left field to be made up. Why claim Maeve and claim you can name awakeners when you could...literally claim anything else. 

I'm interested to see how he flips! Role seems crazy, almost too crazy to be fake.
    I mean, I would be willing to back off and reconsider if people were like, "HOLD ON I AM AUSEKLIS/NOCHT, HE SPEAKS THE TRUTH."

But I literally cannot think of a single reason why anyone would lie about being those roles. Not one. They are both pretty clearly Elder Gods! Why would you pretend to be another Elder God...to avoid people finding out you're another Elder God...?

If anyone was going to lie about their role names, it would be the Soulless and the Traitors, not Elders, imho.
    Daraius said:
  • UshaaraUshaara Schrödinger's Traitor
    I think the main reason for a Maeve claim was due to the fact that Othero's info was 'no Elder' was attacked, and it could be spun it as 'Maeve isn't an Elder!'

Selenity had already claimed the Fates at that stage, so for a semi-credible claim of a non-Elder role that would be around in Elder War time, Maeve really is the only other fit.

The Auseklis/Nocht being present claim is wackadoo though, since as Sylandra points out, they'd have no reason to lie about their role.

So expecting a Soulless flip, but will crow with delight at Silvanus' trolliness if Portius -is- Maeve.
    Ushaara said:
    I think the main reason for a Maeve claim was due to the fact that Othero's info was 'no Elder' was attacked, and it could be spun it as 'Maeve isn't an Elder!'

Selenity had already claimed the Fates at that stage, so for a semi-credible claim of a non-Elder role that would be around in Elder War time, Maeve really is the only other fit.

The Auseklis/Nocht being present claim is wackadoo though, since as Sylandra points out, they'd have no reason to lie about their role.

So expecting a Soulless flip, but will crow with delight at Silvanus' trolliness if Portius -is- Maeve.
    If Portius flips town Maeve I might need 24 hours away from this game just to resist the urge to bash my head into my keyboard.
  • Going to be interesting hearing the arguments if he flips and we have to figure out who Nocht and Auskelis are. 
    Known Aliases: Celina/Cyndarin/Fire Jesus/The Night/That Bitch who griefed us
    Fyler said:
    Going to be interesting hearing the arguments if he flips and we have to figure out who Nocht and Auskelis are. 
    If he flips then we also might be looking at a non-canon Traitor.
  • Fyler said:
    Going to be interesting hearing the arguments if he flips and we have to figure out who Nocht and Auskelis are. 
    Looks to me like Portius was reading too much into the flavour text defining the role, or at least pretending to if not actually Maeve.
    Fyler said:
    If this happens I'm just going to laugh really hard.
    Daraius said:
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    Fyler said:

* * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    Vote Count, Day Five:

Portius - Lavinya, Ushaara, Selenity, Sylandra, Othero, Weiwae, Lehki (7)

With 13 alive, It takes seven to lynch!

That's a Lynch!
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.