The Elder Wars Mafia! Morgfyre and Malmydia Win! (Lavinya/Ushaara)

Comments

• UshaaraUshaara Schrödinger's Traitor
    @weiwae Are you saying dayvig because you think I'm Soulless and Malmydia's a bluff?

I did not want to have to reveal this, and it is the only thing I held back on up to now, but a dayvig will not kill me because the Third Circle looks after their own (go go gadget another Silvanus immunity). If it will finally prove that I'm not a Soulless go for it.
  • Even better then. We get to confirm yourself and Dylara as the same time and not lose anybody.

• I'm very confused at this point, so I'm putting forth two possibly scenarios.

1. Sylandra  - not confirmed by anyone. (claims Hoaracle)
    3. Lavinya - not confirmed by anyone.  (claims Zvoltz)
    5. Fyler - confirmed by Selenity (claims Bollikin)
    7. Lehki - not confirmed by anyone.  (claims Aslaran)
    10. Dylara - not confirmed yet by anyone. (claims Orlachmar)
    11. Ushaara - not confirmed by anyone  (claims Malymida)
    13. Phoebus - confirmed by no counter claim. (claims Elfenehoala)
    14. Selenity - Confirmed by Yomoigu and Fyler (claims Fates)
    16. Yomoigu - Selenity confirms got jailed (claims Mysrai)
    18. Othero - Not confirmed by anyone. (claims Dracnoris)
    20. Weiwae - confirmed by every target each night. (claims Roark)

Couldn't have killed Breadyn:

Weiwae, Yomoigu

Could have killed Breadyn but vouched for by someone:

Selenity, Fyler, Pheobus

Open suspects:

Sylandra, Lavinya, Lehki, Dylara, Ushaara

Can verify their claim today if pressed:

Lavinya, Dylara

This leads me to two opposing theories.

1. Selenity, Fyler and Yomoigu are all alied with eachother and lying about eachother's claims and are all scum.

2. Sylandra, Lehki or Ushaara are lying and 1 or 2 of them is scum.

Theory 1 makes sense to me because Selenity is claiming Fates, just like Portius was claiming Maeve and Yomoigu's claims sound fishy, and Fyler has been super vague and avoided all radars.

Thoery 2 makes sense to me because Ushaara has way too many claimed abilities at this point.
  • SelenitySelenity My first MC to stay in Serenwilde
    Oh boy. So much to go through on my phone...

@Sylandra, as I've pointed out before, lynching and killing are not the same. @Fyler said their splintering ability kicks in if they are killed. Lynching them would be shoving them into the Void. Lynching is not killing.

I forgot who asked, maybe @Othero or @Lehki, but when Yomoigu jailed me, it showed me in in a stasis field by Mount Dynara or something like that. @Yomoigu had said that his ability to jail can sniff out ex...excor... The bad stuff that I forgot the name of. He jailed me and did not sense any. On that same night Othero said he saw a Soulless attempt to attack me, didn't he? Or am I misremembering?
  • UshaaraUshaara Schrödinger's Traitor
    Will say I'm not totally opposed to the dayvig me test, since it will also be testing Dylara's claim.

I'm mostly inclined to believe she is (or at least started) as a townie vigilante, but as I said on her initial claim, a standard SK claim is vigilante so it'll be a test of her as much as it is of myself.
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    @Selenity that's why I'm saying Fyler would be a good daykill target. It's a kill, not a banishment lynch.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • Lots of questions thrown my way. I'm at work but I'll provide responses when I can tonight
  • Sylandra said:
    @Selenity that's why I'm saying Fyler would be a good daykill target. It's a kill, not a banishment lynch.
    Oh, I missed that.  Yeah, good idea!
  • Is it a kill that does it? On phone can't fo back and check their claims. I'm open to whomever, with a preference for Ushaara. Mostly because I want to know if I'm right or wrong about him. 

But whoever we need info on most 

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• What, I don't support this. I'll vote against you jerks out of spite, so help me god. 

This feels like the last game where I literally did nothing all game (because I couldn't do anything), and everyone found me suspicious because I just sat on my hands every night. 

If Selenity and I are actually scum, do you think we'd make such a scene about supporting one another? 

Yes, I have been vague. The town told me not to share, so it's a little absurd to blame me for that. 
    Known Aliases: Celina/Cyndarin/Fire Jesus/The Night/That Bitch who griefed us
  • That being said, given that @Sylandra was one of those who told me not to share, I find it odd that she's now offering me up with the argument that suspect. You can't have it both ways, if you don't want me to confirm how I know what I know, you can't then turn around and argue I'm suspicious. 

And again, her power is just so convenient. "No one can target me." "Oops, the person who I told to target me is dead now. What a coincidence!"

Vote: Sylandra
    I didn't say I was for sure saying you should be daykilled. I said it's probably our only chance to test that claim without risking losing your vote. Am I wrong in this?

That's something I think is pretty straightforward. You have a claim that at this point, no one can test, because only Dylara and Soulless can kill you and have it take effect. Which disinclines people from lynching you. Let me know if I'm misunderstanding something.

And I don't mind if you share now, or later. I'm just sorting through options.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
    I'd also like to point out I have no lynch immunity, so it's all the same to me if you want me dead today or tomorrow. But this claim is something that I think we have the best chance of testing now.

I know my power is convenient, but you must admit, so is yours.
    Daraius said:
  • No, but you are strongly suggesting it, and repeatedly bringing me up as a target or "close fourth." Which, I would buy on its own, but considering I've offered up more information, and you specifically told me not to share it, it doesn't make a lot of sense to me that you would then turn around and consider me a "close fourth."

I don't know if removing me from the conversation is "convenient," I can just vote without explanation or argument. Not exactly on the same level of full night immunity to everything. If you test mine, you confirm my full role (and Selenity as well). If you test yours, you confirm a power and nothing else.

Well, I think at least we should talk about it. I've said all I need to say on the matter, so I'll stop "repeatedly bringing you up." It's a unique situation with the daykill is all.

Anyway, I'm okay with you sharing more information if you want to. Before, I'd rather you didn't because a lot was already on the table and it was good to have some mystery. I'd say the daykill changed things a bit. I'll leave it up to you. Don't let me dictate what you do; you already think I might be a Soulless, so hey, no need to take my opinion into account!
    Daraius said:
    (Idk, you're just being awfully defensive for someone who can retain a voting ability when killed. I mean, isn't it a low risk thing? You can stick around, after all. I'm getting the impression my thoughts on your role and your thoughts on your role are different.)
    Daraius said:
  • Why exactly are you not ok with being killed to prove both your role and Dylara's when you get to continue voting as furrikin?
  • ...because I'd be dead. I don't understand the confusion. 
  • SelenitySelenity My first MC to stay in Serenwilde
    Weiwae said:
    Why exactly are you not ok with being killed to prove both your role and Dylara's when you get to continue voting as furrikin?
    Do you mean you'd be okay with being able to only vote and not otherwise participate in the conversation, without being able to justify why you're voting the way you are?
    Fyler said:
    Well if Dylara is cool with it, I'll go ahead. Should eliminate me as a suspect. 

Behold me in all my furry glory. For I am the deity of badger banging, sloth screwing, and fox f...nevermind. Mine is the realm of all that is fluffy and in heat. I am Bollikin, and I shall shed on any soulless who stand in my way.

My power is I splinter when I die, so I retain the ability to vote. 
    This is the part Weiwae and I are referring to. Wouldn't you still get to vote? Isn't that preferable to a lynch down the line where that option is removed from play?

I'm saying if we at any point decide to test your role power, this is the only time we can do so with a mitigated risk.
    Daraius said:
  • Since it confirms 3/4 roles and we don't lose anything, yeah why not?

It will reduce our list of suspects from 7 to 3.
  • Why am I being lynched down the line?

For you, it is better for me to be axed rather than shoved into the void. For me, the degree of subsequent fun is the same: zero. I'm not going to follow the game in depth either way. Not out of spite, just because it's not fun reading as an uninvolved third party.

Because I hold you in the same suspicion you hold me. It's possible we're both town and going down the wrong alley in this conversation. But if you're scum, I'd kick myself post-game for not bringing up the fact we can examine your bluff right now. To put it another way: if you're scum, you have an alibi that explains why you survive every night and disinclines anyone from voting you during the day. Except. In. This. One. Specific. Instance.

Am I crazy for bringing this up? I think it's a logical line of inquiry! I'm happy to examine other people, but let's not act like examining your claim on a day when a daykill is available is an unreasonable thing to do.

(And I just want to point out, every time we lynch someone, their interest in the game wanes. Isn't that kind of normal? Wouldn't I feel the same way if you lynched me? I don't have any way of interacting with the dayphase when I die, after all. I'm trying to figure out how to make town win, not how to maximize everyone's fun. Ideally people have fun just playing, regardless of if they get offed Night 1 or not.)

So let's examine other people. I contend that Fyler is worth looking into. Fyler thinks I'm worth looking into. Weiwae put pressure on Lehki. Who else has opinions?

@Dylara, you're the one with the actual daykill power. Is there anyone you 100% don't want to daykill today? Anyone you're leaning towards? In the end, it's more or less up to you.

Daraius said:
  • I'll try and write up my list of suspects when I get home from Physio tonight.

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• You really can't keep equating me to you. I can be investigated. I can be jailed. I can be blocked. There are ways to check me, like we can check everyone else, that simply don't apply to you. Chop the squirrel up to pieces to see what is inside simply is not your only avenue. It's just the most immediately convenient avenue. 

I'm responding to why I'm "not okay" with getting axed just to explore an option, because I can still vote. If you're going to argue that I'm a safe bet because I can still vote, I'm going to give you the honest response that I'm probably not going to pay that much attention to the game just to fulfill a vote. 
  • It is, as a note, also a convenient way to eliminate someone who has confessed to having information. My information, IMHO, will exonerate me but it will compromise the end goal. 
  • So I've had a sneaking suspicion that Sylandra is a traitor and her sudden pivot on using the dayvig or lynch on Usharaa isn't helping. I'm way more interested in us using the dayvig on Usharaa. A last minute immunity to dayvig seems so unbelievable. 
    I'm not against dayvigging @Ushaara. If we want to do that, we can. If I've given the impression otherwise, it's not my intention.

I just wanted to put a few other thoughts on the table first, to see if anyone had other perspectives. I agree it's odd for Ushaara to claim convenient last-minute immunity, and am fine with testing it out.
    Daraius said:
  • I missed him claiming that immunity. Can we just lynch him already? Every time I get the feeling to hold back on killing him with my power, he comes out with some immunity or revenge power.

• Just use the dayvig, I think the claim is a total bluff and if it is true I find it real hard to buy a townie has a dayvig immunity so we can lynch.