Very Vanilla Mafia - The Game Thread [Town Victory]

Comments

• This is one of those choices where both are equally meh AND fraught with potential ohnoes.

But when I weigh it all out in my head, @Tarkenton feels more suspect.  @Yomoigu's continued silence despite a day of attention put on his silence suggests to me that there's something keeping him occupied elsewhere.  Otherwise I'd expect either a resurgence of posts, or at least a single post with an excuse offered.  It's thin, but it's more than the weight I put on Tarkenton's arguments so far.

Unvote
    Vote: Tarkenton

• I don't have much to say at this juncture as far as who to vote for (except that I still think Tark is the wrong target), but out of a concern of too much being revealed too soon, do not let fear of your knowledge dying with you motivate your actions.
  • It's not very hidden, but I don't know either way. Sleep for me, so see you on the other side.
  • Celina has a reason for the pass, that's been explained pretty thoroughly.

I will say that Tarkenton has been overly defensive with the strings of posts and retorts. 

I think at this point Yomoigu has 5 votes to Tarkenton's 4? 
  • Oh, I missed Othero- they are both at 5 now. who was voted for first?

• ... oh hi there.

• I misread again as Weiwae had switched from Tarkenton to Yomoigu

So Yomoigu is at 5 and Tarkenton is at 4
  • ...that being said, my suspicion that Tarkenton is the wrong target is not going to stop me from acting in self preservation

Unvote
    Vote Tarkenton

• SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    This game moves crazy fast, doesn't it. Whew. 

Had a thought actually, Tark could escape a vote by last minute switching. So I'll swap so he can't last minute escape. 

unvote; vote Tarkenton

I realize I'm being jerky but Silvanus's point "better the devil you know" and Phoebus mentioning we could potentially kill someone important seems worth taking into account. I also don't like the possibility that he can weasel out of a close lynch.

And as I said before, Tark's power is majorly iffy and dangerous in the wrong hands.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    Well about two hours till deadline, this time I am sure. Now is basically last chance for arguments.

I am interested in what Yomoigu does have to say though and glad he was here to vote for Tarkenton. Remember, if Tarkenton shows up as town, there will definitely be scum on this lynch train.
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    Hi everyone, I'm home! Give me some time to catch up and figure out all these votes and vote changes.
    Vote Count

No Lynch <- Lehki (1)
    Tremula <- Arix (1)
    Kistan <- Tarkenton (2)
    Tarkenton <- Silvanus, Kistan, Othero, Phoebus, Eldanien, Yomoigu, Sylandra (7)
    Yomoigu <- Dys, Kalikai, Weiwae (3)

I double checked over things a few times - let me know if I somehow have your vote wrong, please!

26 minutes to go!

THAT'S A LYNCH!

The group's fervor builds as focus drifts, shifting from Kistan to Yomoigu to Tarkenton, until finally a majority converge upon Tarkenton. A haze of violence permeates the air as he is beaten with drawn weapons, nearby chairs, and a doormat, until he is still. Furrowing his brow, Geran approaches as the group recedes, and the heady high of adrenaline begins to fade away.

Tarkenton was Anoop, the Dwarven Monk!
    He wins with GAH and its allies.

You love meditating! And you love booze! And you love meditating while inebriated! Gosh, don't you have a great depth of character to you? That aside, you're pretty strong and have a special knack for figuring out how to coordinate your unpredictable movements alongside your allies, even if you don't know them well. As a member of GAH, you... well, you think Brutus the Half-Orc and Alder the Elfen Ranger are supposed to be here, but you can't say with certainty. That might have just been the alcohol talking to you.

Down the Hatch! - Always at the ready and ever adapting to the situation, you know how to support a lynch really well. You will always have a vote weight of two, unless you are dayblocked.

===

Uneasy, the group disseminates to seek rest for the night, wary of one another as they consider what has transpired.

It is now Night One - You have 24 hours to submit your night actions to the mod.

• TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    vote tarkenton

may as well not drag it out then. Enjoy lunching town, hang some mafia for me.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Tarkenton said:
    vote tarkenton

may as well not drag it out then. Enjoy lunching town, hang some mafia for me.
    Too late!

Also: Day 1 lynch?  What?  Wow!
    All night actions are in! I will be compiling results, sending out night action results, then starting Day 2 in that order.
    edited June 2017
    Day 2 Dawns!

As everyone gathers in the commons, the waking occupants takes notice to the odd panoply of butterflies that have taken residence in the Inn. All swallowtail butterflies - red and white and black, with varying patterns that never stray from this colouration scheme.

There are two of you missing, however. Yomoigu and Phoebus.

With a heavy sigh, Geran follows the gathering along as you seek them out and inevitably find a pair of corpses.

Yomoigu was cut heavily across the back, before some form of blade pierced near her spine, missing the ribs and rending her heart.

Yomoigu was Clarisse the Medium!
    She wins with GAH and its allies.

Born into a long-running family of undertakers, you ended up branching out of the profession without straying too far from the tree. Communing with the dead has always come naturally to you, and you normally focus on helping restless spirits find peace rather than help the living. But no one really knows what is going on in Idyllic right now, so the King decided your services might be required! As a member of GAH, you are privy to the fact that Gina the Priestess and Heather the Archer should also be making way for Idyllic. Perhaps you will see them?

Death Communion - You may speak freely with the dead in DEAD CHAT.

Voice from the Beyond - If you are slain, you can still force yourself to briefly appear as an apparition during the day. This is fleeting and difficult, however, so you can only post once during an entire day phase. Pick your words carefully, and make sure you won't have more to say until the next day!

Spooky! - During the night, you can coat a target with ectoplasm and scare the crap out of them (and anyone who approaches) using SPOOK <target>. This effectively jails your target. This ability cannot be roleblocked and ignores Magic Bounce, though it can be redirected otherwise. You can only do this once ever, and you can only use it if you are dead.

===

Phoebus was also cut across the back, but her arms bear many small scars, and her blade is still clutched in her hands with a white-knuckle grip. The fatal wound appears to be a large puncture in her chest, also directly piercing the heart.

Phoebus was Taira Ageha, a member of the Very Vanilla Mafia!

A proud ninja scion of the Taira clan, your clan has fallen onto hard times of late and struggles to maintain its prior reputation. Of special note is the rogue agent, Ayano, who betrayed your clan and killed your brother - and you even helped train and condition her! In addition to a reasonable cash offer, your employer also promised to lure Ayano to the village of Idyllic. Soon! Soon...

Ninja Stealth - Using your decoys and wit, you will be unwatchable during the night. This is a passive power and always in effect.

Shuriken Rain - During the night, you may pin someone in place to roleblock them. RAIN SHURIKEN ON <target>.

Omen of the Taira - [DATA REDACTED]

You have four days (June 17th, 10:20PM CST) to come to a decision.
    With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    ..... Wow. GG whoever managed that :D

Well, I've got nothing. So, we have a third party (Ayano), but did this person kill Phoebus? 
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
    Well what a colorful night that seems to be. 

Tarkenton's role mentioned a day blocker, just a note. 

I am also not sure there is technically a third party killer, this could've been the work of a vigilante. Also, it seems more like flavor text and motivation for joining the mafia team rather than an actual goal.
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
    Also if you read Phoebus death scene, I think she is the victim of our indirect delayed kill. Small scars, still holding her sword, not dramatic like Yomoigu.
    Silvanus said:
    Also if you read Phoebus death scene, I think she is the victim of our indirect delayed kill. Small scars, still holding her sword, not dramatic like Yomoigu.
    Actually, they kind of read the same sort of except for the small scars and still holding the sword. So I don't really know
  • Hmmm.

I may be out of pocket for a couple of days, so I'm going to lay a couple of things out there.

If your evening involved the color ruby, I would love to be hinted your story.

If your evening involved a rainbow of colors... same.  I'm hoping the story involves leprechauns, but that would be too good to be true.

Also, @Yomoigu, when you get around to posting, please include the details of your death that aren't obvious by the large hole in your heart.

• Three tolls for Anoop the Dwarf Monk.
    Three tolls for Clarisse the Medium.
    Three tolls for Taira Ageha.

Looks like a laser beam shot them both through the heart... good thing one of them was mafia!

Also, it looks like we now have a list of guests that are among us, so the burned guestbook can be recreated.  (I'm one of the people on that list, so I can assume the list is accurate)

Gina the Priestess
    Heather the Archer
    Brutus the Half-Orc
    Alder the Elfen Ranger
    Ayano

• I feel a bit guilty for pointing at Yomoigu for inactivity now knowing his restriction! His powers explain his comment about not worrying about taking secrets to the grave, and are kind of 'strike him down and he'll become more powerful than we can possibly imagine' so that alleviates that a little. He's almost better dead. Sorry Yomoigu!

Great on the dead ninja mafia member! The shurikens match what OTHERO saw on night zero. I read the tiny scars as either defensive wounds or old wounds for flavour as you only get scars when they have time to heal.
  • The sword in Phoebus' hand could mean she did the mafia kill. She was unwatchable so that would be a good choice.

I'll over analyse more when I wake up properly.
  • Dys said:
    I feel a bit guilty for pointing at Yomoigu for inactivity now knowing his restriction! His powers explain his comment about not worrying about taking secrets to the grave, and are kind of 'strike him down and he'll become more powerful than we can possibly imagine' so that alleviates that a little. He's almost better dead. Sorry Yomoigu!

Great on the dead ninja mafia member! The shurikens match what OTHERO saw on night zero. I read the tiny scars as either defensive wounds or old wounds for flavour as you only get scars when they have time to heal.
    I think the post restriction only activated once dead. At least that is how I read it.
  • says 'If you are slain'
  • No, Yomo posted once a day when alive too. I think I counted right.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Maybe he was just quiet :/
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Sorry, you're right and I misread.