Lusternian Divine AMA

Comments

• As I believe is the case with a god's emergence, allow me to bump. Please, repeat any questions you would like to hear an answer to, or ask new ones at your leisure!
  • If your godrole had to pick any mortal class to play as, which would it be? Would it be the most obvious choice, or something else?

pronouns: they/them
  • Esei said:
    If your godrole had to pick any mortal class to play as, which would it be? Would it be the most obvious choice, or something else?
    Easy pickings for me, but Lisaera would absolutely be a Moondancer with Hexes. She multiclasses as an Axelord Serenguard from time to time though.
  • For all the newer Godmin.

1.  What was it about the role that made you decide to pick it?

2.  Do you have a favorite easter egg that you can share (could be a description, mob response, etc)?
  • NochtNocht Glomdoring
    Esei said:
    If your godrole had to pick any mortal class to play as, which would it be? Would it be the most obvious choice, or something else?

Shadowdancer with Healing.

Kalliope said:
    Lemme ask you Guys an easy one..

You’re in a desert walking along in the sand when all of the sudden you look down, and you see a tortoise, it’s crawling toward you. You reach down, you flip the tortoise over on its back. The tortoise lays on its back, its belly baking in the hot sun, beating its legs trying to turn itself over, but it can’t, not without your help. But you’re not helping. Why is that?

F'ai Glomdoring.
  • 1. Why did you choose the release event that you did? Did you have any other ideas that you decided against for your release?
    2. What is your favorite way to describe a voice?
    3. Is there something you regret not doing as a mortal before you became an admin?
    4. What is something that surprised you when you first moved over to the admin side (that you can share)? What is something that still surprises you about being an admin (that you can share)?
  • Ayisdra said:
    1. Why did you choose the release event that you did? Did you have any other ideas that you decided against for your release?
    2. What is your favorite way to describe a voice?
    3. Is there something you regret not doing as a mortal before you became an admin?
    4. What is something that surprised you when you first moved over to the admin side (that you can share)? What is something that still surprises you about being an admin (that you can share)?
    1. Funny story, I had the start of a whole big story planned for my release. I REALLY wanted to release Lisaera in November 2021 before FFXIV Endwalker released (and then they went and delayed the expansion's release anyway :D ) I initially planned to have my release event(s) happen mid-late month. And then Serenwilde announced a several-week festival for exactly the time frame I was hoping for. I'm very happy with the event - it was a really fun way to interact with current Seren characters and get a feel for how I wanted to write Lisaera without the stress of being in God-form (or officially confirmed to be Lisaera, even, with a conveniently unnamed NPC interacting during a year when we had lots of unnamed NPCs attending various player events).

2. When she isn't fully manifested somewhere, Lisaera's voice is gossamer - light, insubstantial, soft, ethereal, etc. Easy to mistake for the wind, or for a spirit.

3. Nothing comes to mind! I would have liked my particular ephemeral call to have happened a month or two later than it did maybe, but I can't say I have any regrets at all. Maybe not winning Beauty? :D

4. Goodness, there is a lot I absolutely cannot share that surprised and still surprises me. I'm going to pass on this one, sorry!
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    The False Gods are back, but this time they are impersonating rather than replacing Elders.

1. Who do you think would do the best job pretending to be You?
    2. What 'tell' gives away the game to Your (dis)Order?
    3. What trophy do You take from Your doppelganger?

Unrelated to that scenario,
    4. What's your favorite room/mob/item description that you've seen?
    5. Was there a quest or area whose documentation you saw after taking on the Godrole that made you go "Oh, that makes more sense now."? (no need to say which if its spoilers, but I'm also asking about quests where the solution makes more sense now, or if there was a connection that we can see that you didn't know about beforehand.)
    6. If You were given a monument, idol, or gift by Your Order, what would it be?
  • Another couple of questions here!

1. What is it you enjoy most about being godadmin? Ie, what got you through ephhood/keeps you logging in still?

2. What's something you've found unexpectedly difficult (could be behind the scenes in general, transitioning to ephhood from mortal, or transition from eph to godmin)?

3. Maybe too close to Ayisdra's question but what's something that really caught you off guard but couldn't help but laugh about (that you're allowed to share). I'm thinking along the lines of weird bugs, events going off rails, etc.
  • "While in town the baker gives you a sweetroll. Delighted, you take it into an alley to enjoy, only to be intercepted by a gang of three kids your age. The leader demands the sweetroll, or else he and his friends will beat you and take it."
    • Act like you're going to give him the sweetroll, but at the last minute throw it in the air, hoping that they'll pay attention to it long enough for you to get a shot in on the leader?
    • Give him the sweetroll now without argument, knowing that later this afternoon you will have all your friends with you and can come and take whatever he owes you?
    • Drop the sweetroll and step on it, then get ready for the fight?

• edited April 2022
    What's your favorite memory of being a god, so far? Can be crushing a particularly pesky bug, rp with your order (or org, or even a totally random person you didn't expect to show up in your fulcrux, etc), rp you got while possessing a mob, or anything you can think of. Feel free to redact if need be!

Alternatively, what's your godrole's favorite beverage?

pronouns: they/them
  • Esei said:
    What's your favorite memory of being a god, so far? Can be crushing a particularly pesky bug, rp with your order (or org, or even a totally random person you didn't expect to show up in your fulcrux, etc), rp you got while possessing a mob, or anything you can think of. Feel free to redact if need be!

1. It's cheating because it's not exactly a singular moment, but I live for one on one roleplay scenes, especially those where something is revealed in the nature of both characters.

2. Anything brewed out of love and worship (of her, to be clear), especially beverages that are infused with various things she herself likes to manipulate or surround herself with. Especially when offered as a libation.
  • Luce said:
    The False Gods are back, but this time they are impersonating rather than replacing Elders.

1. Who do you think would do the best job pretending to be You?
    2. What 'tell' gives away the game to Your (dis)Order?
    3. What trophy do You take from Your doppelganger?

Unrelated to that scenario,
    4. What's your favorite room/mob/item description that you've seen?
    5. Was there a quest or area whose documentation you saw after taking on the Godrole that made you go "Oh, that makes more sense now."? (no need to say which if its spoilers, but I'm also asking about quests where the solution makes more sense now, or if there was a connection that we can see that you didn't know about beforehand.)
    6. If You were given a monument, idol, or gift by Your Order, what would it be?
    1. I am afraid that I'm not the most qualified on the False Gods, so I'll guess Frei because she'd probably be able to be both as heartless and as aloof as Malmydia.
    2. The strangeness of Her smell.
    3. Why, her blood of course! No one else needs it :)

4. Because I am overly devoted to my mother, Jacintha is likely my favourite, but I will also give a surprising answer and say that I really enjoy Elytho Serole's design as well. I do love looking at all the gorgeous appearances that exit the Havens these days, but I am a particularly big fan of the designs for items, npcs, clothing, etc. that go out by the Seren team - Lisaera and Maylea have such a gorgeous set to work with and they really make the most of it at all times!
    5. Not so much in a way that was confusion, but I particularly enjoyed when I took on my admin position that I got to learn how some of my favourite area/mechanics worked so I could attempt to better recreate them in the future.
    6. While I've yet to open my order to the public, I think an assumed portrait of what the Siblings looked like at a younger age (done respectfully, of course) would be the sweetest gift that could be given to Malmydia. Of course, She would never tell you that, and may just kill you over it anyway.
    Uzriel said:
    Another couple of questions here!

1. What is it you enjoy most about being godadmin? Ie, what got you through ephhood/keeps you logging in still?

2. What's something you've found unexpectedly difficult (could be behind the scenes in general, transitioning to ephhood from mortal, or transition from eph to godmin)?

3. Maybe too close to Ayisdra's question but what's something that really caught you off guard but couldn't help but laugh about (that you're allowed to share). I'm thinking along the lines of weird bugs, events going off rails, etc.
    1. This will sound cheesy, perhaps, but I adore seeing logs shared and player reactions. Something about strangers interacting with something you poured effort into and gushing about it really gives your ego a needed boost on the hard days where imposter syndrome runs the worst - even just reactions in discord will stumble me at times, seeing the sheer number of people who saw something and know that they're watching (and hopefully waiting) for what else might come. My work is as much for you all as it is for me, and seeing you enjoy it keeps the fire burning bright.
    2. I will answer this slightly differently: while being hidden from mortal perception in the extreme manner Malmydia was (We made sure you couldn't honours her, find her accidentally, etc.) I was unable to hear the city aether at first, and a few of our god backend systems needed tweaking so we weren't hiding me from ourselves.
    3. You got on the anchor, looked around. I went into my notepad to pull out the god-mote. I alt+tab back in and hit paste and enter, a second after you boarded the ship again and took off. I was laughing, crying, and "looking" at Drocilla going, 'WAIT WHAT NOW?!'
    Kalliope said:
    "While in town the baker gives you a sweetroll. Delighted, you take it into an alley to enjoy, only to be intercepted by a gang of three kids your age. The leader demands the sweetroll, or else he and his friends will beat you and take it."
    • Act like you're going to give him the sweetroll, but at the last minute throw it in the air, hoping that they'll pay attention to it long enough for you to get a shot in on the leader?
    • Give him the sweetroll now without argument, knowing that later this afternoon you will have all your friends with you and can come and take whatever he owes you?
    • Drop the sweetroll and step on it, then get ready for the fight?

- Violence is always an acceptable option: choice one.
    Esei said:

The sheer drama of the moment when Malmydia's sibling relations were revealed was only met by seeing Drocilla lift away the curtain in-character during my release event and seeing it all come together. The lore nerds in the audience were rapt with attention and reacted exactly as I hoped they would when learning Malmydia/Ein/Mugowumpois were crechmates. *chefskiss*

• 1. What's your damage?
    2. What's in the box?
    3. Have you ever danced with the devil in the pale moonlight?
    4. Kill anyone today?
    5. What's the most you ever lost on a coin toss?
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    It's near the end of the movie. Everything seems hopeless, and the bad guys are about to win. All is lost. Suddenly, Your theme music comes up, and the audience knows. It's time for Your Big Damn Hero Moment.

1. What song is playing?
    2. How do you show up to resolve the situation?
    3. Did you bring allies?
    4. What was the situation?
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Ein said:

Ask Socucius Ergalla why he is making me fill out a Buzzfeed personality quiz on my census form when I have a dead general to mantle and a god to kill, then go steal the platter on the shelf to my right for spending money.

"AAAAAAAAAAH YES, we've been expecting you."

I. Love. This. Game.

Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    Ein said:

1. The moment when a player figured out the secret.

Jesse Ling meme oh yeah kronk emperors new groove GIF

This one has probably been asked before (and likely on like...that last page), but I'm extremely lazy so I'm not going to check. Do any of you have a favorite specific ambient message? Bonus points if no one can guess where/what the heck it's from.
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • Malmydia spoke of a 'containment room of Malmydia'. Does this mean you always login to that room instead of wherever  you signed off at? I always assumed godmin always got the password to the god in question, but I suppose malmydia could be signing in as superbob and then putting on the malmydia outfit.

When you get that final approval of getting your godrole, how much do you actually write about them? Do you write thousands of pages that may never see the light of day or do you write things as they come up/players ask?

How much do you and your fellow godmin plan out between your roles? Obliviously you do some history, but do you RP out scenes of your past? The epic fights that happen eons ago?

Are you ever sadden by things you design (descs, npcs, etc) that people may only see once and never again? Or things people might miss completely and once the event is over are gone forever?
  • The 'containment room' I referenced is not a place where our characters go when we log out, but is instead a room that is used when we use a fancy new punishment known as contain! Not every god has it set up, and it's quite something to earn it, hence my phrasing of you being fortunate if you only ever see it in-game. We do return to the room which we log out in, same as you!
    We write so much. However, no amount of preparatory writing will prepare you for every question a player will ask, and as such things are bound to get written as players surprise you - though it often will be done in such a way that you aren't truly sure that we were stumped!
    This varies between people and gods, especially depending on the connections. I have plenty of scenes written out with [redacted] and with [redacted] we've established major points and intend to explore them more deeply in the future.
    I do have a small amount of bittersweet regret when people are too fast or are able to skip past things that I had intended for them to see. Fortunately, you players tend to have keen eyes to catch the vast majority of things, and miss only a small amount. I know in the past we've been quite happy to share things that were missed if people think to ask for them, and to quote some DMs who I am quite fond of, "I respect the hustle, can't be mad at you for shooting your shot." If you worry you may have missed something that could not be seen again, why not ask in the Descriptions thread?
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Related to people missing stuff you worked hard on, how much PANEC is there when the players latch onto an NPC you weren't expecting them to?
  • Amusement tends to be my reaction rather than PANEC, and can lead to fun times! The first example that springs to mind is Merceaux and the beggars, from my release event. The oft-forgotten eye of the numerous downtrodden and hungry in Magnagora was turned to player favour and led to some laughs as we joked about what a beggar would even consider spending the amount of gold they were given on.