QUOTES 8: THE QUOTING

1322323324325326328»

Comments

• AlarinAlarin Wailuku, Maui, Hawai'i
    edited March 2022
    Disciple of the Tah'vrai, Akuno Nightshade says to Katerina, "We need to work on getting you a mount like a chimaera or something.."

Thaldorn Thornfist says, "Buy one of those long-necked ducks."

Akuno raises an eyebrow questioningly.

Thaldorn Thornfist nods his head sagely.

Disciple of the Tah'vrai, Akuno Nightshade asks, "Long necked ducks?"

Their voice like a howling vortex of the Four Winds, you say, "...they're called 'swans', Thaldorn."

Disciple of the Tah'vrai, Akuno Nightshade asks, "A swan?"

Akuno shakes his head.

Disciple of the Tah'vrai, Akuno Nightshade asks, "Perhaps a dream phoenix?"

Thaldorn Thornfist says, "They look like ducks that someone tried and failed to yank their heads off."

Disciple of the Tah'vrai, Akuno Nightshade asks, "Or a Kirin?"

Thaldorn Thornfist exclaims, "So... long-necked ducks!"

Thaldorn Thornfist nods his head sagely.

Comprehension flashes across Akuno's face.

Disciple of the Tah'vrai, Katerina says, "I want a fluffy little pet to love."

"Heh heh heh" Katerina chuckles.

Thaldorn Thornfist says, "I like those better than Honky Featherbags."

Their voice like a howling vortex of the Four Winds, you say, "...her name is Nemesis!"

A giant panda bounds into view, flanked by a gargantuan gorilla clad in golden plate armour. They both salute as the vision fades.

• EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    Zulte's tail snags your ankle and pulls.

You stumble and fall in your alcoholic haze.
    You are taken off your feet. (Sprawled)

[Autocuring]: Curing 'sprawled' with 'stand'. (Cured sprawled)
    You lift yourself from your sprawled state. (Cured sprawled) (0.18)

You open your eyes wide with shock at Zulte.

(Fire Hogwash): Zulte says, "ThE timibg."
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • edited July 2022

In a clipped low growl, Sower Gridare says, "Note to self. Still need to get a helm. Eirrosel was mentioning hanging a flower chain from my fur."

Regent Tyrus Myeras, of the Wild Hunt Eternal says, "Oh. I think I might have a spare."

Tyrus gives a chicken helmet to Sower Gridare.

Gridare blinks.

Regent Tyrus Myeras, of the Wild Hunt Eternal says, "No greater intimidation than a warrior who'd dare wear a chicken helmet to battle."

Gridare opens his mouth as if to say something, but pauses.

Regent Tyrus Myeras, of the Wild Hunt Eternal says, "I know. I was speechless myself when Velcora gave it to me."
    Regent Tyrus Myeras, of the Wild Hunt Eternal asks, "Wonderful, isn't it?"

In a clipped low growl, Sower Gridare says, "It's something alright."

Tyrus claps Gridare on the back. "Enjoy, friend," he says before sauntering off.

Xiran descends to the forest floor, cackling.

Tyrus leaves to the north, emanating an aura of immense power. With white-feathered wings outspread, a giant noble eagle soars out majestically on air currents to the north.

In a clipped low growl, Sower Gridare says, "Helps determine the proper pecking order of enemies."
    Looking downtrodden, Gridare sadly shakes his head.

Xiran wheezes with unseemly laughter.

In a clipped low growl, Sower Gridare says, "Might make my axe feel like a featherweight."

Wiping tears from her eyes, you say, "Your wit is frightening."

In a clipped low growl, Sower Gridare says, "Nah. I just have good cluck."

You twitch spasmodically.

In a clipped low growl, Sower Gridare says, "And to think you have both Llani and I."

You shudder violently as a chill ripples down your spine.
    Waggling her finger up at Gridare, Xiran says, "You two would be the death of me. And with Jolanthe, oh! I'll need to keep vitae on hand from now on."

Gridare gives you a wry grin. "There are a lot worse ways to die. Like dying wearing this helm."
    Gridare stares implacably at a chicken helmet.

Active: Monday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday EST

• 2022/08/03 02:47:23 - Gridare communefavoured Farrec for: Because the Regent told me I'd have to wear the chicken helmet if I didn't. Also for power.

---

"I'm also no good to eat. Old and full of gristle, that's me!" Llani says with a nod.

You whisper to Llani, "You're. You're younger than me."

Forestwalker Llani Myeras asks you, "Well, I certainly -feel- like an old fart. Doesn't that count for anything?"

• edited August 2022

(OOC): Hiari says, "Does anyone know off-hand how to add subjects to a library annex searching list?"

(OOC): You say, "So you do not need to add the subject to a list first. It is generated based on the books shelved in that annex."

(OOC): Hiari says, "Oh cool, Figured I would ask now since I am running into some books on Divine not on our subject list as I sort one of the annexes."

(OOC): Veara says, "I think library was always one of the few that always felt like magic to me."

(OOC): Huskii says, "So... Not creating a 'Critical Reading' category, with just Ialie's alphabet book?"

(OOC): Hiari says, "Very much a consideration now."

---

(Serenwilde): Daisee says, "Miss Xiran needs more people to beat up with ikons, please."

(Serenwilde): Gridare says, "She said she's willing to pay for your participation with puns."

Gridare grins mischievously at you.

(Serenwilde): You say, "Wuh. Ack. No!"

Xiran flaps her wings madly.

Gridare hums a happy tune.

Galaphyrae positions herself in front of Gridare, prepared to ward off all dangers.

Fair Galaphyrae says to Gridare, "She will come for you when it is least expected."

In a clipped low growl, Chancellor Gridare, Wolf of the Woods says to Galaphyrae, "More than likely."

Xiran huffs and puffs and utterly fails to conjure anything approaching the might of a tempest, wings gently buffeting Galaphyrae's cloak.

(Serenwilde): Hiari says, "This one is not ikonic enough to feel it can participate well enough."

(Serenwilde): You say, "Librarian Hiari, you wound me."

(Serenwilde): Hiari says, "It would consider joining, but its letters have it rather stationary presently."

(Serenwilde): Gridare says, "Nicely done."

(Serenwilde): You say, "Gah!"

(Serenwilde): Gridare says, "I think Xiran would benefit from your enveloping presence."

• Fair Galaphyrae says, "Ah, I must away. Try to not catch a case of fright."

The shadow of some hulking stranger appears on the wall before you, menacingly approaching with a wickedly long knife before it is blown away by a gust of icy wind.
    Something skitters through the web strung high above, its silken strings shifting beneath the light weight of something hidden within.

You say, "Blessed beeeyk."
    Xiran flaps her wings madly.

• Spirit Warden Xenthos An'Ryshe, the Ebon Strategist says, "To be fair, gnomes are not known for doing things logically. They get sidetracked and mess up whatever they are working on."

Iarlaithe says, "I forgot I was supposed to vote. I was too busy trying to figure out who to block."

Spirit Warden Xenthos An'Ryshe, the Ebon Strategist says, "So that was, really, exactly how such a scenario would play out."

• (Serenwilde): Galaphyrae says, "I somehow managed to make one in the likeness of Adasser."
    (Serenwilde): Adasser, Wolverine's Mask says, "Really? Why me??"

You follow Fair Galaphyrae west to overgrown ruins.

Snow has been piled up high here, the path clear to pass under the watchful aegis of a fierce snowman resembling Adasser, Wolverine's Mask. Resplendent light rays reflecting and refracting from thousands of brilliant facets, a delicate gem golem glimmers here.

(Serenwilde): Galaphyrae says, "It is not in effigy, trust."
    (Serenwilde): You say, "I think the likeness quite remarkable."

The corners of your mouth turn up as you grin mischievously.

(Serenwilde): Adasser, Wolverine's Mask says, "I feel like I'm being teased. Am I being teased?"
    (Serenwilde): Caedir Aormeah says, "You are ever so teaseable, Adasser! Haha."

• EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Aww, no teasing Adasser! *protective Serenguard mode activated*
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • Xiran blinks repeatedly. "Poor bards. Are they included among the others for being, ah, gifted Adalgiso's latest?"

Fair Galaphyrae says, "I am afraid that I do exact a high price in exchange for delivering them to their most desired destination."

Xiran sputters and laughs.

Fair Galaphyrae says, "We all sacrifice."

• Mistress of the Silk, Tloxenga Chum says, "For Chixesaka? I don't know... He is so grumpy."

Fair Galaphyrae says, "The need is most dire."

Huskii Myeras of the Misty Vale whispers, "Well, not really..."

Chiming like gently struck crystal, you echo to Fair Galaphyrae, "Why do I hear you speak in the most flat affect..."

Galaphyrae's melodic voice sings into your mind, "Perhaps it is just my attention to diction."

(later)

Nodding slowly, Counter of the Coins, Chixesaka Miim says, "Yes, this is an improvement on quality. Still needs work, but... it could be used."

Tossing both hands lightly up into the air, Galaphyrae intones, "Huzzah."

• Etra eats an ivory, candle-like cake with obvious gusto.
    In a slow, rumbling tone, Oaken Figment Etra Nightshade whispers, "Well that's just the tastiest candle I've ever eaten."

Huskii Myeras of the Misty Vale whispers, "How many has she eaten..."

Jolanthe hums a happy tune.

• Darvellan, the Navigator says to Lendren, "Hmm, oh, the message on the scrap of shirt? Disrupted."

You think to yourself: Scrap of...is he not wearing a shirt?

l Darvellan
    He is wearing:
    a pair of nearly knee-high, faded leather boots
    a cloud of stars suspended in starlight
    a starlit pearl pin
    a pair of cuffed breeches
    a canvas backpack
    a jet-black tricorne covered with glowing lines of power sits jauntily atop his head