Real World Raves

Comments

• Love. Love is pretty nifty. 
  • ehehehe, back from Pittsburgh [with a side of daytrip to DC] and enjoyed the whole experience far far too much.

I even got drunk and social media'd, it was lovely.

But now... sleeeeep

.oO---~---Oo.

"Perfect. Please move quickly to the next post, as the effects of prolonged exposure to the signature are not part of this test."

NARF!

• Yay for Murica no longer being the fattest developed nation in the World.

Eat it Mexico!(Literally, lol)
    Stangmar - Retired

• Stangmar said:
    Yay for Murica no longer being the fattest developed nation in the World.

Eat it Mexico!(Literally, lol)
    I saw that, and decided to celebrate with some ice cream :D
  • It is raining! THat took the temps down into the 90's......and now kids are wearing sweaters....wtf?  Living in the desert.
    Stangmar - Retired

• Got the keys got the keys GOT THE KEYS. Only I'm stuck at work until 8, but after then, we can start finally moving into our new place ^_^
  • Morkarion said:
    And online Cards Against Humanity is beyond epic.
    Huh... how do you handle playing online?
  • There's an online version, of course!
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    edited July 2013
    Maylea said:
    Morkarion said:
    And online Cards Against Humanity is beyond epic.
    Huh... how do you handle playing online?

We use an online browser site that has all base decks/expansions/PAX decks and customs. Can host up to 15 people a game.

Oh, and welcome to the forums!!

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• Bought Dark Souls on sale for 15$

My life is over.
  • ZouviqilZouviqil Queen of Uberjerkiness
    I got to meet Hiriako in person.

Those wondering, he's just as awesome in person as he is online.
  • Kio said:
    Bought Dark Souls on sale for 15$

My life is over.
    Assuming you're not a cleric, we can be friends.
  • Feyda said:
    Kio said:
    Bought Dark Souls on sale for 15$

My life is over.
    Assuming you're not a cleric, we can be friends.
    I started as Pyromancer.  If there was a minion class, I'd be that.  Spellsword sort of thing is my next favorite, so it seems to fit.
  • I usually start as the Bandit or Deprived. Believe I was messing around with the man-serpent greatsword and heavy armor with stamina regeneration last time around. Little bit of faith added as well, for the lightning spear. Didn't even play with the magic systems until my second playthrough.

Titanite grinding aside, if you choose to do so, you're in for a lot of fun (in both a gratifying, and Dwarf Fort-esque manner). Won't try to spoil anything with tips, even if you aren't a cleric.

Damn, now I want to boot this up again...
  • EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    edited July 2013
    Managed to swing a job interview, it's looking pretty good so far. Downside is that the commute is biking/walking 6 miles over mountains and back roads to get there (I got lost the first time and turned that into 9 miles and a 3 hour trip, somehow), but it'll be well worth it!
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • KioKio
    edited July 2013
    Eritheyl said:
    Managed to swing a job interview, it's looking pretty good so far. Downside is that the commute is biking/walking 6 miles over mountains and back roads to get there (I got lost the first time and turned that into 9 miles and a 3 hour trip, somehow), but it'll be well worth it!
    Good luck!  And we (I) missed you!
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    The kids in this Sampler session are pretty much amazing. They are mature, thoughtful, fun, spontaneous, serious, and compassionate. They make my job as a counselor a LOT easier. Too bad they're leaving in a week and a half :( .
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
    Still happy about meeting Hiriako.

Additionally, I dropped Psychology today along with 9 other of my classmates after taking the first test. Why, why, why would you tell us to study concepts + theories + methods of psychology, and then made 19 of the 50 questions on dates? Multiple choice questions where the dates are off by one number? Why?

But it's a rave, because that means I can focus more on my philosophy class, which is awesome beyond belief.
  • Zouviqil said:

Additionally, I dropped Psychology today along with 9 other of my classmates after taking the first test. Why, why, why would you tell us to study concepts + theories + methods of psychology, and then made 19 of the 50 questions on dates? Multiple choice questions where the dates are off by one number? Why?

But it's a rave, because that means I can focus more on my philosophy class, which is awesome beyond belief.
    B.A. in Philosophy.  Specialized in metaphysics and logic.  I can argue my way out of a wet paper bag that may or may not exist, but I can't get a real job.
  • Ah, philosophy. I recall to mind an anecdote about the mid-term for a philosophy class in college, where there was a chair in the middle of the room, and for the final, the students were asked to prove that the chair existed. Every student but one failed the test. The answer that the passing student gave was two words: "What chair?"
    I'm Lucidian. If I don't get pedantic every so often, I might explode.
    Kio said:
    Zouviqil said:

B.A. in Philosophy.  Specialized in metaphysics and logic.  I can argue my way out of a wet paper bag that may or may not exist, but I can't get a real job.
    I kind of want a masters in philosophy (or religious studies or classics or linguistics) but the response I get to that is, "Why would you throw your life away and never get a job!" As if getting a masters degree in such a subject would automatically negate the bachelors degree I'm working on in Emerging Media Technology...

Metaphysics and logic! Sounds like you had a blast learning, at least!
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Finally finished my low Chaos playthrough of Dishonoured. Certainly requires more skill and timing than the "Kill everything" run through, and it's rather rewarding.

Still not as fun >.>

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• Finally employed. Means I have a lot less time for other things, but yeah.
  • Aeral said:
    Finally employed. Means I have a lot less time for other things, but yeah.
    Yay money!
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Tridemon said:

Ah, philosophy. I recall to mind an anecdote about the mid-term for a philosophy class in college, where there was a chair in the middle of the room, and for the final, the students were asked to prove that the chair existed. Every student but one failed the test. The answer that the passing student gave was two words: "What chair?"

The way I heard it, the question was "what is courage" and the passing answer was "this is." :D
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
    I finished the stupid thing I mentioned in the General Dissatisfaction thread, and now, I can go back to my regularly scheduled life.
  • NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    Nocht said:
    IronCon! It was amazing, and I hope more Lusternia players can make it if/when we have it again!

Special shout out to @Hoaracle for driving us a lot, and @Terentia for keeping us organized and in some semblance of a group (We're not an easy group to keep track of). And of course all the players for hanging out with us!
    Needs moar Lusternia specific pictures.
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"