Real World Raves

Comments

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    I didn't see @Nocht in any of the pictures I saw posted :/
    (Of course, he unfriended me on Facebook too, so hmph)

My rave: one of my Aetolia friends managed to make it to the comic-con in San Diego this week and pick up a limited edition plushie my daughter will be pleasantly surprised to receive for her Skelanimals collection. This may sound like a small thing, but it's not.

My tomboy of a daughter loves skyrim, snakes, bats, and undead animals apparently.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • edited July 2013
    Couldn't find a place to sit in my college's English library and somehow ended up in the Theology and Philosophy one. Comfy plush chairs, absolute silence, ancient wooden bookshelves that reach to the ceiling and a baroque (at least I think it is...been too long since I last had art history) interior. 

I think I'll stay here :D
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.

So this is now a thing.

WANT

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• Does it come with the standard flux capacitor?
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    On my way to Baltimore for the Zelda symphony! Any suggestions for cool free/cheap things to do this afternoon and tomorrow?
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Kharne said:
    Does it come with the standard flux capacitor?
    You are holding:
    "capacitor35919"   a flux capacitor

If not, one can be provided.
  • ZyphoraZyphora :: the sun in her splendour ::
    edited July 2013
    Daraius said:
    On my way to Baltimore for the Zelda symphony! Any suggestions for cool free/cheap things to do this afternoon and tomorrow?
    Baltimore inner harbor! Lots of shops, food places, and there's even a huge aquarium (with a humid aviary)! Dolphin show costs extra but is nice for the novelty of it, especially if this is your only time going to the aquarium. I think they raised the general admission price since May for the purpose of making the dolphin shows free. Personally, I haven't seen the dolphin show since I was seven. There's also a science center on the other side of the harbor. Everything's walking distance.

Parking nearby is always expensive.

@Shikari, halp think of fun things to do.

Edit: 
    Aquarium: $35
    Science center: $17

Daraius said:

Symphony was so good. A little bummed that some of the music was stuff I'd heard a million times in the Zelda 25th anniversary cd, but the fresh stuff was fabulous. Everything from LTTP and a new treatment of Ballad of the Wind Fish were particular standouts. I'll cut the arrangers and creative directors a little slack for not actually following symphony structure at all, despite repeated claims to the contrary.

All in all a lot of good nerdy fun.
    I used to make cakes.

• New job is good. I can do this.
  • ZouviqilZouviqil Queen of Uberjerkiness
    My friend I was worried about is doing well. I should be able to sleep a little better tonight, if my brain behaves.
  • @Tacita, @Morkarion -- <3 you guys.

My rave: home free for the next week and a half! It is so good to not have my life consumed by work for a change.
  • Things are going absolutely superbly. 
  • Bit late, but amazing meet up with @Zvoltz, @Valtreth, @Sondayga and @Scax. So much fun, all the laughter, and floor fruit ninja. And other rather extremely random things. Great group of guys, I was concerned being the only girl, but I fit right in and it was great. You guys gave me enough happy for a while to come, seriously. "Rose among thorns" indeed. <3
    Mysrai, the Beckoner Beyond the Maze intones, "Continue to manifest the paradigm of working, My Alary."
    The Divine voice of Camus the Cinderfly echoes in your head, "Thank you, once-body. I am happy that I fell into that eye."
  • HELP. I'M OUTSIDE. THE SUN IS BRIGHT. THE WATER FEELS WET. IM SCARED BUT I LIKE IT.

Is... this real life?
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Kio said:

HELP. I'M OUTSIDE. THE SUN IS BRIGHT. THE WATER FEELS WET. IM SCARED BUT I LIKE IT.

Is... this real life?

*Sneeze*
  • Kio said:
    HELP. I'M OUTSIDE. THE SUN IS BRIGHT. THE WATER FEELS WET. IM SCARED BUT I LIKE IT. Is... this real life?
    Real life is good. It keeps me sane. Especially the wet water part, but water is wet inside too, but when I'm on my bike in the rain riding down the interstate it just feels better.

The sun hurts my eyes though, and likely always will it's too bright. :(
  • THE DAY STAR BURNS MY FLESH
    I need a giant Yorkshire pudding dish so I can do that for a drink mat for my coffee mug, great find!

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

I used to make cakes.

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    http://boofckemhoo.com/thrift-shop-hula-hoop-dance-4178/

nowhere else to post this, but I'm raving about it
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
    So @Kio linked me a site tonight that has an online emulator with every Mega Drive (Genesis for you strange wayward colonial types) game in history.

ALL OF MY CHILDHOOD

Also this Shiraz is gorgeous and was half price.

• Whats the site?!?
  • Morkarion said:
    So @Kio linked me a site tonight that has an online emulator with every Mega Drive (Genesis for you strange wayward colonial types) game in history.

ALL OF MY CHILDHOOD

Also this Shiraz is gorgeous and was half price.
    It was Mega Drive for me. You can't imagine my confusion when I found the cartridges over here at a games store all labelled Genesis. :(
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    I may be coming into a 3d printer soon, and on the cheap.  If so, since I know people that can do 3d modeling, things of a Lusternian nature may start making an appearance in plastic :D