Real World Raves

Comments

• Stangmar said:
    The next version of Android was announced yesterday.  Android v4.4, KitKat!

This truely the last place that I thought I would get an update about cell phones before I heard about it myself. Oh how traveling puts my phone news behind.
  • I'm a phone news junky.  I'm active on HowardForums, AndroidForums, I subscribe to AndroidAuthority and AndroidPolice.

For those who can't tell, I love Android.
    Stangmar - Retired

• It's my job to know everything going on with iphone, android, blackberry, and windows phone. Only recently did I finally get a smart phone though, and though I was tempted to try out Windows phone, they didn't have a twitch.tv app and that was my deal breaker, I have to have my streams. I think that that OS is close to being good, but right now Android is top of the line. I like my s4, but I wish I had the HTC One. I don't use any of the samsung extra stuff. 
  • Neos said:
    I like him, but I'd have preferred David Tennant(who wouldn't?), and if not him, the guy who voices Rocket Raccoon on Marvel vs. Capcom 3.
    I'm still on the fence, as I'm not really on board with his voice and would've liked someone... well with an accent, like Greg Ellis (guy from UMvC3) or maybe Simon Pegg.

.oO---~---Oo.

"Perfect. Please move quickly to the next post, as the effects of prolonged exposure to the signature are not part of this test."

NARF!

• Had a test in Cost Accounting today, was worried sick about it.....class average ended up being <60%.

I got 82.% :D
    Stangmar - Retired

• My kitty is back from the vet.  She is hiding under my bed and has not come out for five hours.

The vet said the tumor was much worse on the inside.  He's pretty sure it is, indeed, malignant and very aggressive.  It had overtaken two of her mammary glands.  Instead of being a small surgery, she now has a scar from her little kitty armpit to her little kitty belly.  The vet said he believes he was able to get all of it.  He removed the mammary glands altogether, as well as some of the surrounding muscle.  Since she's fixed, it wasn't an issue because she's not producing the hormones that would have caused problems with removing them.  She'll have a limp for a while until the muscles have the chance to adjust, but other than that, she should be well for a while.  If he was able to get it all, we have nothing to worry about.  If he wasn't, there's a chance it might return.  However, the histopathologist should be able to tell us if was all removed.

So, it looks like my kitty is going to be okay.  I am glad to have her back.  26 hours was a remarkably long time :(
  • -hugs Kio- I know those feels.
    Now I dunno if I should ahre mine. Meep
    I turned 22 today. whee. -scuttles off-
    Mysrai, the Beckoner Beyond the Maze intones, "Continue to manifest the paradigm of working, My Alary."
    The Divine voice of Camus the Cinderfly echoes in your head, "Thank you, once-body. I am happy that I fell into that eye."
  • ZouviqilZouviqil Queen of Uberjerkiness
    Alary said:
    -hugs Kio- I know those feels.
    Now I dunno if I should ahre mine. Meep
    I turned 22 today. whee. -scuttles off-
    Happy Birthday! :D
  • NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer

Also, this Saturday and next Wednesday will be very good days, or at least certain parts of them will be good.
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    It lacks Eccleston.

:(

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

I got another 3 credit class into my schedule. That means, when this semester is over, I'm at 102 credits. I need 120 to graduate.

And then my ass is LEAVING New York City. Goodbye, city of scum and villainy! Mayhaps I shall visit you again, someday!

Then, it's onward to the Frozen Lands. (Minnesota, North Dakota, or Maine... heeeere tech job, tech job, tech job...).
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Minnesota has the best public radio scene.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
    Teach him to eat babies annually.
    I used to make cakes.

• TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    What do you think the scrambled eggs for breakfast is for?  Though, in that case, he's eating the unborn.
    Tarkenton said:
    What do you think the scrambled eggs for breakfast is for?  Though, in that case, he's eating the unborn.
    Give him a chicken omelet. Your work will be done.
    Baby steps.  It'd probably have to an omelette with chicken nuggets or something in it, he hasn't developed a liking for real chicken yet.
  • Shaddus said:
    My wife and I went in for an ultrasound today, and it's a girl :):):):)
    Congratulations!

Time for you to go out and buy a shotgun if you don't already have one, and start erecting a barbed wire fence around your house to let any scoundrels know you mean business :p
    Stangmar - Retired

edited September 2013
    Might I recommend that, instead of the firearm angle (which, really, if you're a responsible gun owner you really shouldn't do) that you emulate the living legend?

Edit: Extra points if you have the clunker car a well!

Edit 2: Remembered John Candy is dead, was sad for a moment, but decided to leave the living legend comment anyways.
    Stangmar said:
    Shaddus said:

Time for you to go out and buy a shotgun 
    This bit is essential. When her first boyfriend comes to the house many years from now and has to sit in the lounge and wait for her to finish getting ready (she was ready an hour ago, but you're making her sit up there) You sit in your favourite chair facing the lad as you gently stroke the barrel of the shotgun. Look up at him and ask...

"Do you want a drink?"

Now chances are he's thinking water, or soft drink here so if he says yes (and it should probably be Yes Sir, or Mr. Johnson, anything less and he can go home there and then) you look at him with a glare in your eye as you rest your finger on the trigger and go "Oh, you drink do you?"

From there on in you've got him ripe for hazing. Bonus points if you've got friends who can sit in your lounge on the sofa watching a game of sorts with beers in their hands, referred to as her uncles (they're not really, but go with it.)

Seriously though, huge congratulations to you both :)

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• Morkarion said:
    Stangmar said:
    Shaddus said:

Time for you to go out and buy a shotgun 
    This bit is essential. When her first boyfriend comes to the house many years from now and has to sit in the lounge and wait for her to finish getting ready (she was ready an hour ago, but you're making her sit up there) You sit in your favourite chair facing the lad as you gently stroke the barrel of the shotgun. Look up at him and ask...

"Do you want a drink?"

Now chances are he's thinking water, or soft drink here so if he says yes (and it should probably be Yes Sir, or Mr. Johnson, anything less and he can go home there and then) you look at him with a glare in your eye as you rest your finger on the trigger and go "Oh, you drink do you?"

From there on in you've got him ripe for hazing. Bonus points if you've got friends who can sit in your lounge on the sofa watching a game of sorts with beers in their hands, referred to as her uncles (they're not really, but go with it.)

Seriously though, huge congratulations to you both :)
    Or you are like my dad and invite the boy over to your shop as you are building a coffin for a family who could not afford one. You then proceed to have a chat with the boy there, while working on it.
    Watching the Patriots vs the Jets, the game's closer than it's been in previous seasons.

Not because the Jets got any better, but the Patriots have become the Jets in red white and blue.

Why's this a rave? I can't stand either team, this is GLORIOUS.

• A good one I heard was to say 'Anything you do to her, I'll do to you.'
    Stangmar - Retired

• XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Baking things can be fun; but not quite as fun as enjoying the things you've just put together while they are still nice and warm (and in the case of brownies, still a bit gooey).  Mmm.
    Rialorm said:

I made brownies today. Used a ready-made mix because I've actually never really baked anything. It was easy enough and the result is delicious. It's a small achievement but I am ridiculously proud of myself none the less. Looking forward to slowly learn and bake more complex things.

Hit me up if you need tips!
    I used to make cakes.