Tweets V: Tweet and Tower

Comments

• RancouraRancoura the Last Nightwreathed Queen Canada
    Nayl said:
    Rancoura said:
    I'm confused... didn't the entrance to the Czigany Wayfaire used to be off the road leading to Avechna's Peak, just north of the Triple Junction?
    South from Triple Junction, but don't head southeast
    Aha. Thank you.

Tonight amidst the mountaintops
    And endless starless night
    Singing how the wind was lost
    Before an earthly flight

• KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    While this game is very much org vs org vs org vs org vs org vs org and that your character's primary focus and goal should be your organisation, the political landscape as such means it is also very much an alliance vs alliance game (whether alliances be official or unofficial in convenience) As such there are times when doing what's best for your organisation means giving way to an alliance mate, trading a short term gain for a long term benefit, sure you might not get that village, or that domoth, but you've got the respect of those who will come and bail you out or back you up when you need it.

I can't help but notice some of the leaders in this game have either yet to grasp this, or they're terrible at it; screwing their associates over for every little self benefit they can get, even though hindsight has taught us time and again how badly this always works out.

It just amuses me because I can't see how anyone thinks that short term planning is an effective means of establishing prosperity. And I'm not going to call anyone out because while I'm sure people can pick prime examples of this, I can see it in various degrees across multiple organisations, even in Glomdoring (and not in a NMBG way either)

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    How long does the wayfaire stay around?
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."

• Morkarion said:

I can't help but notice some of the leaders in this game have either yet to grasp this, or they're terrible at it; screwing their associates over for every little self benefit they can get, even though hindsight has taught us time and again how badly this always works out.
    I think a lot of it has to do with history. Every org has been the completely downtrodden org at some point in time, betrayed or abandoned by allies. As long as there are people around to remind others of these times, there will always be fuel for the "Take Care Of Us First Always" fire. The way the political landscape has historically shifted over seemingly insignificant incidents (even though these have more likely been the straws that broke the camels' backs) makes everyone inclined to view even firm alliances as tenuous at best.

It's a risk to give up something for yourself in the hopes of getting something later. Even if you make a formal agreement, all it takes is a couple of people who didn't read the post (provided one was even made), or see the clan tell to screw it up and create bad feelings. It's hard to try again after you've been burned. Plus, a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush - there's no guarantee that your ally will be able to support you in the next event the way you support them in the current one.

That being said - Yeah. There are definitely people who don't even try.
    #NoWireHangersEver

Vive l'apostrophe!
    I was aiming more to the people who don't even try, or consider their actions before undertaking them. Cirumstance, bad luck and "well shit happens" are all part and parcel of any diplomacy and you're absolutely right there, but it's the people who don't engage in it so much as they approach scenarios with a "what can I out  of this right now?" mentality are the reason I felt inspired to make the post.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• Daraius said:
    How long does the wayfaire stay around?
    1 IG year.
  • RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    Pssst. Can the people playing in the wargames keep logs of their fights?! 

Plzkthx!
  • There are combatants that don't log? o.O
  • I never log. Which is why I'm bad.
  • NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    I log on a case by case basis, though admittedly tend to forget at various times and either have to go back and copy the log out, or for various reasons I lose the log. Though, some fights I don't log at all depending.
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
  • SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    Marcella said:
    I never log. Which is why I'm bad.
    You actually have to be in fights to have a log.

Just don't close Mushclient, Crown keeps all lines. Highlight the log, right-click, copy as HTML. You don't need to enable logging or anything.

I have a ---ton--- of Nihilist logs, but they are all very boring and really highlight some very crappy Nihilist curing.
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
  • I used to be in fights until my things decayed and I don't want to log in because I will have to replace them all augh.
  • Whoever released zombies while the Wayfaire is in town is a dick.
  • Iytha said:
    Whoever released zombies while the Wayfaire is in town is a dick.

It'd be fixed by now if the gate to Waste Facility didn't get unraveled.
  • SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    Quite possibly still left-overs from the Death event. They've been wandering into Mag since then.
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
    You could just enter the traditional way. pay the guy at the front door 20 dark essence.

They'll keep spawning for as long as the place remains fully open.

• I usually keep an anchor there. Forgot to reset it last time I went. Been too busy to gather 20 dark essence, since. (Annoying, as I did the same goof a week before!)

Anyway. I'm a naughty combatant and almost never log.
  • Hiriako said:
    I usually keep an anchor there. Forgot to reset it last time I went. Been too busy to gather 20 dark essence, since. (Annoying, as I did the same goof a week before!)

Anyway. I'm a naughty combatant and almost never log.

I would log way more if mudlet would log for me :(
  • It logs in text fine and the HTML logging bug -should- be fixed soon. Check the forums, there's a number of scripts that will log in HTML for you.
  • edited October 2013
    Pretending it is very heavy, he bends down to pick it up and then slowly straightens his body back to a standing position, causing the muscles in his abs to ripple.

Yep manse generator... totally worth it
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Why can't I see likes or agrees on posts any more without hovering over them?

This is kind of bizarre.  And defeats the entire purpose of having like / agree buttons.
    The forum needs a giant dislike button for this change, not only does it hide likes/dislikes until you hover over, but you can't even see who clicked what till you hover over the individual type.

I preferred having a stream of badges run under a post, really can't see the point of this change.

• I'd like/agree these posts but now it's just too much work to hover my mouse over a specific spot on the page. Damn these changes. Damn them.
  • EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    Am I the only one that actually likes this change?
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • edited October 2013
    Probably.

Now I have to hover over EACH post to in order to see what others liked/agreed on so I can be a sheep.

Baaaaaaa.
  • Eritheyl said:
    Am I the only one that actually likes this change?
    Yes.
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    edited October 2013
    Never mind!
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Trying to steal a friend from Aetolia to here. Wish me luck!
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
    In honour of our latest dingbat item:

This discussion has been closed.