Tweets V: Tweet and Tower

Comments

• Sorry, someone else beat you to that comment :P

Korue Dragnet shouts, "Whip it! Whip it good!"
  • TacitaTacita <3s Xynthin 4eva!!!11
    I really want to see all the whip use messages! Sure I'm not the only one. Here are the ones I've seen:

Iosai snaps a cold snap whip back and forth and suddenly strikes you. Icy pain travels through your body as the whip leaves behind trails of broken and frost-bruised skin.

As Ardmore snaps a golden whip of the pious with a negligent flick of his wrist, paeans of heavenly verse cry out from where your flesh has been scathed by holy light.

As Ardmore snaps a golden whip of the pious with a negligent flick of his wrist, paeans of heavenly verse cry out from where a sky blue woolly rhino with an enormous horn and a shaggy tail's flesh has been scathed by holy light.
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Psh, what? Suddenly everyone's jelly of Elanorwen's flogger? Tsk.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • I'm pretty sure I dedicate Kio's life to putting @Thul through the emotional wringer.
  • SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    Goodbye dreams of equality between excorable and divinus.
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
  • RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    edited October 2013
    Paeans of heavenly verse on whipping? Hahahaha. That's great.
  • Well, that was a great way to wake up this morning.
  • edited October 2013
    People who message you and immediately snub despite absolutely no IC interaction.

Yay?

Actually, I should add: People who do the above, insult you,  THEN do the above.

Grow up, Kio. Learn to Lusternia and learn to mature.
  • I have been trolled so hard I can feel it in my ancestor's kidneys.

Oh the misery.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Draylor, snub is not for IC interaction. It exists specifically for OOC interaction, and he is using it for its intended purpose.

You have gone out of your way to be insulting and demeaning to him, including on these forums, to the point where even I have noticed it.

PS: Please consider that going "grow up and be mature" in response to something that does not mention you (nor in any way indicate you at all) is a sign that you yourself need to take a few large steps back. You had the perfect opportunity to "be the better man" and threw it away in favour of fanning the flames.
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Completely unrelated to the discussion above, there's been an awful lot of passive aggressive bitterness recently. There's people with clearly unresolved issues who are allowing them to sit there and fester, failing to either resolve them or get over it.

Either way, it hasn't gone unnoticed, especially when that spite and venom finds itself manifesting outside of the game environment. Underhanded snark and associating purely with people for convenience when they are in lockstep with your own agenda isn't healthy.

You'll note I've avoided calling anyone out by name, so if anyone thinks I'm referring to them specifically, it's a crap shoot whether or not they're right. But rather than post some sarcastic response (and possibly risk being totally wrong and made to look paranoid) maybe consider why you think you fit the bill so aptly instead.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    <(“)

Apparently that is a smiley on Facebook.
    It's like a one armed Kirby.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• It's a chicken. Are you calling me a coward? You are, aren't you! I knew it! I'm so gonna GDF you for that.
  • Ssaliss said:
    It's a chicken. Are you calling me a coward? You are, aren't you! I knew it! I'm so gonna GDF you for that.
    /me toads Ssaliss.

/me cries in sadness.
  • *plaugh Kio*
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    Actually, it's a penguin.

Despite my hatred of it, this made me like Facebook when I found out.  Especially since they change it to a little gif.

Also, BRING ON THE GDF FOO'!  I should be like...GR2 or something anyways :P
  • Xenthos said:
    Draylor, snub is not for IC interaction. It exists specifically for OOC interaction, and he is using it for its intended purpose. You have gone out of your way to be insulting and demeaning to him, including on these forums, to the point where even I have noticed it. PS: Please consider that going "grow up and be mature" in response to something that does not mention you (nor in any way indicate you at all) is a sign that you yourself need to take a few large steps back. You had the perfect opportunity to "be the better man" and threw it away in favour of fanning the flames.
    You defending in game allies on these forums is wholly apparent. As is your apparent dislike of people who reside in the opposing org. Stop it. Grow up.

To clarify, insulting somebody then abusing a mechanic that was designed as a method to not have to deal with certain situations is both immature and retarded. I stand by my comment.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Draylor said:
    Xenthos said:
    Draylor, snub is not for IC interaction. It exists specifically for OOC interaction, and he is using it for its intended purpose. You have gone out of your way to be insulting and demeaning to him, including on these forums, to the point where even I have noticed it. PS: Please consider that going "grow up and be mature" in response to something that does not mention you (nor in any way indicate you at all) is a sign that you yourself need to take a few large steps back. You had the perfect opportunity to "be the better man" and threw it away in favour of fanning the flames.
    You defending in game allies on these forums is wholly apparent. As is your apparent dislike of people who reside in the opposing org. Stop it. Grow up.

To clarify, insulting somebody then abusing a mechanic that was designed as a method to not have to deal with certain situations is both immature and retarded. I stand by my comment.
    Yes, because I have a terrible dislike for people like Zyphora, Maellio, Kelly, Xena, etc.  /eyeroll

Someone does need to grow up here, and it's not me. ;)

PS: If you don't want to get snubbed, don't send out insulting and abusive messages yourself.  I did see the quotes.  You initiated the conversation, the response was "leave me alone" (though admittedly with more text) and you got snubbed.  That is exactly what snub is intended for.

You really should stop trying to make yourself feel better by continuing a conversation that the other party clearly does not want to participate in, and dragging everyone else into it.  Respect being snubbed and let it go.

Or don't, I suppose.  That really is entirely up to you, but if we keep going like this we are going to have some warnings flying. 

Personally, I'd prefer a higher level of discourse without the namecalling and vitriol, but whatever.
  • NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    Way to not mention me Xenthos :( </3
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
    It's okay, I love you.
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    edited October 2013
    It's funny because Draylor snubbed me for the exact thing he's spouting off about now. Guy doesn't know his head from his ass. I don't know why people bother with him anymore.

I mean the guy once tried , self admittedly, to 'troll' me and it ended with him blocking me on Facebook followed by him trying to become chummy with me when I moved to hallifax, as if that erases anything he ever did. but no, obviously Xenthos is a partisan silly pants, not Draylor.

We just need Kio to sap him until he ragespins himself into oblivion again

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • Synkarin said:
    It's funny because Draylor snubbed me for the exact thing he's spouting off about now. Guy doesn't know his head from his ass. I don't know why people bother with him anymore. I mean the guy once tried , self admittedly, to 'troll' me and it ended with him blocking me on Facebook followed by him trying to become chummy with me when I moved to hallifax, as if that erases anything he ever did. but no, obviously Xenthos is a partisan silly pants, not Draylor. We just need Kio to sap him until he ragespins himself into oblivion again
    AND YOU GET A SAP.

AND YOU GET A...

...oh my god, I'm a Shaddus alt.
    Ok, let's bring this back down to civility folks, these forums will be pretty quiet if half of us end up banned.

Latest round of reports are in, time to replace all the war shrines with healing and shield ones, and then have Xenthos yell at me for murdering his cult essence.

Also the Master Ravenwood is going to be significantly quieter, yay for reduced carrion chewspam!

• KaimanahiKaimanahi The One True Queen

Xenthos said:

Yes, because I have a terrible dislike for people like Zyphora, Maellio, Kelly, Xena, etc.  /eyeroll

I thought we had something special. :(
    Zvoltz said:
    This conversation is not accomplishing anything and has hit the point where I've had to hand out warnings. I think its time we tweet about something else.

My tweet: Sometimes the coders find really hilarious things in the code. They make me laugh.
    Hilarious as in hidden jokes, or hilarious as in it turns out things don't actually work the way you assume them to?

Because we've found a fair bit of the latter recently. I feel sorry for Iosai, being all awesome and coding the new combat overhaul, and being constantly distracted because we broke something by poking around too much :(

• SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    I'm sure forum warnings wouldn't need to be handed out so often if the snub function was fixed and not used primarily for the abuse that was mentioned above. If I've been snubbed by 100 people, 99.9 of them have been after they send me a snarky comment, insult me, then snub me.

Just require a 100 character limit reason for snub. You would probably have to moderate those snubs far less often the forums are moderated.

Its just stupidly frustrating that a problem has existed for a long time with snub, is always brought up because it is abused often, and nothing is ever done about it.
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
    It's about the equivalent of someone calling you, saying the same thing and hanging up and subsequently ignoring your calls, or insulting you and storming out the door. Instead of trying to get the last word, just forget about it and move on. Probably wasn't worth your time.
This discussion has been closed.