Simple Ideas

Comments

• edited November 2013
    Oh, another one: Rather than us having to download an entire web page to parse a tiny bit of data from it, could we have any pertinent data from the IRE honours page made available as a JSON string via the public API?

Edit: Well, seems I need to learn to read. This is actually already available.

(More/better documentation, please!)p, li { white-space: pre-wrap; }
  • edited November 2013
    gmcp.Room.Players being sent twice could be eliminated too, it's really rather annoying. :)
    Only when you move rooms, not looking.
  • Hrm, yeah. Never noticed that one. All looks very buggish to me!
  • I couldn't agree more, good sir!

plz fix it
  • Oh, one that's been bugging me for a long, long time.

Please, for the love of god, can we have the area names passed via GMCP correlate with what is available from the map XML? It's extremely frustrating having to constantly manually whitelist areas because they are 'not found'.
  • ...GMCP 'class'? :) What with classflex being out now and all.
  • Ieptix needs a forum icon so I quit confusing him with a newbie.
  • Marcella said:
    Ieptix needs a forum icon so I quit confusing him with a newbie.
    could make him one if I had an idea what he looked like :p
    The soft, hollow voice of Nocht, the Silent resounds within your mind as His words echo through the aether, "Congratulations, Arimisia. Your mastery of vermin cannot be disputed."

• VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    His avatar is great, I don't know what you guys are talking about.
  • I just realised Vivet's icon is an 8-pointed star. HERETIC!
  • It's kind of aligned wrong to be the ruinous powers, though...
  • edited November 2013
    Right now, when you faeconverge:

4210h, 6600m, 6300e, 10p, 18900en, 30900w ex-ÿù
    A leprechaun is dragged screaming out of the shadows, which bind around him.
    A brownie is dragged screaming out of the shadows, which bind around him.
    A sylph is dragged screaming out of the shadows, which bind around her.
    A pigwidgeon is dragged screaming out of the shadows, which bind around him.
    A sprite bound in shadows is dragged screaming out of the shadows, which bind around her.
    A pixie is dragged screaming out of the shadows, which bind around him.
    A wood nymph bound in shadows is dragged screaming out of the shadows, which bind around her.
    A banshee is dragged screaming out of the shadows, which bind around her.
    A pooka is dragged screaming out of the shadows, which bind around him.
    A willowisp is dragged screaming out of the shadows, which bind around her.
    Shadows bleed up from the ground and form into a barghest.
    Shadows bleed up from the ground and form into a redcap.
    Shadows bleed up from the ground and form into a slaugh.
    4210h, 5600m, 6300e, 0p, 18900en, 30800w x-ÿù

May I suggest a specific (condensed) message be given when you faeconverge, something along this line:

4210h, 6600m, 6300e, 10p, 18900en, 30900w ex-ÿù
    You call upon the Ethereal Plane, and call forth a herd of fae to you.
    4210h, 5600m, 6300e, 0p, 18900en, 30800w x-ÿù

• edited November 2013
    Time for some controversy!

Request for affmesages to be given a dual colour so that we may more effectively utilise the line for system building.

You are afflicted with sprawled.
    You have cured sprawled.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    How will that help?
  • That will be possible if illusions are going the way of the dodo - otherwise, illusions can then be pretty much negated by colour triggers. Frankly speaking, I certainly don't mind that scenario. At the very least, even if they were not incorporated into systems, coloured affmessages will be aesthetically pleasing to the newbies, and can give combatants general information about how quickly they are getting screwed just by processing the amount of reds that they see.

• Yep, what Lerad said. A whole load of people have expressed an interest in just doing away with illusions, anyway. There's a possible or at least comparable detection speed element involved, but it just makes things -easier- and that's what people seem to want in general.

• For all herbs in AB HERBS: Add the hibernation month as well. Yes, I know it's always the opposite month of peak month, but it saves time having to crossreference with HELP CALENDAR. For instance:

HERBS - COLTSFOOT

Syntax: SMOKE <pipe with coltsfoot in it>
    Coltsfoot is a fairly common herb that is generally smoked for its medicinal properties, which clear the mind of many afflictions, including impatience, loneliness, shyness, anorexia, and masochism.
    Environment: Forest
    Plane: The Prime Material Plane
    Peak Month: Dioni

would become

HERBS - COLTSFOOT

Syntax: SMOKE <pipe with coltsfoot in it>
    Coltsfoot is a fairly common herb that is generally smoked for its medicinal properties, which clear the mind of many afflictions, including impatience, loneliness, shyness, anorexia, and masochism.
    Environment: Forest
    Plane: The Prime Material Plane
    Peak Month: Dioni
    Hibernation: Juliary

• Long shot, but could we maybe have some faster respawns during greathunts? It is rather frustrating when there is double xp on but everything you can hunt is dead. And no, don't give me the offpeak excuse, that's rubbish when you have a job and other obligations.
    You have received a new honour! Congratulations! On this day, you have shown your willingness to ensure a bug-free Lusternia for everyone to enjoy. The face of Iosai the Anomaly unfolds before you, and within you grows the knowledge that you have earned the elusive and rare honour of membership in Her Order.
    Curio Exchange - A website to help with the trading of curio pieces in Lusternia.
  • MunsiaMunsia The Supreme Goddess
    Rialorm said:
    Long shot, but could we maybe have some faster respawns during greathunts? It is rather frustrating when there is double xp on but everything you can hunt is dead. And no, don't give me the offpeak excuse, that's rubbish when you have a job and other obligations.
    I kind of fear that certain farming spots would just perpetuate point issues and someone could monopolize their lead even further.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Please fix the formatting of ACHIEVEMENTS STATS.

Thank you.
  • Munsia said:
    Rialorm said:
    Long shot, but could we maybe have some faster respawns during greathunts? It is rather frustrating when there is double xp on but everything you can hunt is dead. And no, don't give me the offpeak excuse, that's rubbish when you have a job and other obligations.
    I kind of fear that certain farming spots would just perpetuate point issues and someone could monopolize their lead even further.
    Because Munsia requested it, implement and exempt high level areas.
    Steingrim said:
    Munsia said:
    Rialorm said:
    Wouldn't effect me. I'm looking out for yalls interests. 
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    edited November 2013
    Steingrim said:
    Munsia said:
    Rialorm said:
    Wouldn't fix the issue, you'll just have the powerbashers going for the Demigod top 10 farming the low level areas because it's all there is.

It's bad enough one of the regular top 10 farms points by bashing tunnels and low end areas for 20+ hours a day during a greathunt as it is.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• Could we like, -completely- remove the level 1-60 tier during greathunts. Reasoning is as follows:

Absolutely nobody -new- ever joins this tier and from what I have heard from multiple people, it causes nothing but problems. I have had half a dozen people at least tell me they are frustrated at certain people rolling novices who do nothing but influence (And then SNUB people who so much as talk to them).

So far as I am concerned, while situations like this may very well be confined, it's a clear abuse of the snub mechanic and needs addressing. All that tier accomplishes is pulling in alts who are experienced in gaining XP and them abusing the system.
  • I don't see anything wrong with that. I doubt every single person in the 1-60 tier are alts, and if there's even one true newbie in there who places, that's one newbie who gets credits, who doesn't feel like he has no chance at all at placing in such an event.

True, few newbies will know to how to try to place, and fewer still will actually manage to get in the ranks with the handful of alts that are always in there. But as long as newbies see a tier catered for them, they will not feel excluded. Whatever the reality may be, it doesn't matter, as long as the newbies feel different. There's no reason to get frustrated at people rolling novices who do nothing but influence. This is a game, if a novice wants to do that (alt or newbie), they have every right to.

If you're just feeling frustrated that there are people who roll alts, then just change it so that the credits awarded are bound credits instead of free credits. This way, there'll be much less incentive for people to roll alts to try and get credits transferred to their main.

edited November 2013
    Use to be a rule where that was against help seconds. If you gain credits through a character by IG means instead ooc means (buying, trading for ooc things, or winning ooc events) you weren't suppose to trade them to your alt. Could be my imagination though.
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    This was checked at previous Greathunts that their credits are considered OOC.

Just make the 1-60 bracket rewards bound, if people want to make an alt still and consider it a kickstarter then go for it, otherwise it might actually serve a purpose of giving new players something to work towards.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• How about we divorce double XP and greathunts? Have a double XP weekend for those who want to get in on that bonus, and have greathunts been free and open to those who want to go after that.Sure, some people will get in on both, but it should hopefully mean less high levels farming out lower level areas. And if the greathunt comes before the double XP, it means people might still be burned out from the former and leave the latter to leveling / essence buffer building characters ;)

If this can't be done then at least bind the credits for every tier. Because if the upper tiers still allow it, the problem will just move up.
    You have received a new honour! Congratulations! On this day, you have shown your willingness to ensure a bug-free Lusternia for everyone to enjoy. The face of Iosai the Anomaly unfolds before you, and within you grows the knowledge that you have earned the elusive and rare honour of membership in Her Order.
    Curio Exchange - A website to help with the trading of curio pieces in Lusternia.