Tweets V: Tweet and Tower

Comments

• KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Just turned up at the end to finally test my debating highlights.

Now if only there wasn't a Chaos seal tonight so I could go 23 cha faeling D:

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    edited January 2014
    Morkarion said:
    Just turned up at the end to finally test my debating highlights.

Now if only there wasn't a Chaos seal tonight so I could go 23 cha faeling D:
    Doubt there will be a fight for Chaos at all. We might try and do something, but eh... in the end, we'll be vastly outnumbered. Enjoy ascension.

EDIT: Doubt there will even be a contest for second, third, etc spots.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
    You forgot Gaudiguch. >.>

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• [the original speech only said two anyway]
    edited January 2014
    Lerad said:
    CALL UP ALL THE OLDIES.
    Fine.

LERAD, LOG ON YOU OLD B#@TARD!

• NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    You snort and snuffle at the air, sensing through a ridiculous pig nose upon
    your face the faint traces of others in the surrounding area.
    Aerdiya: 23851           ascending the path to the memorial plateau
    Rialorm: 23851           ascending the path to the memorial plateau
    Morkarion: 23922         the windswept remains of a statue
    Anita: 23851             ascending the path to the memorial plateau
    Romaan: ?                a burning desert
    Haezon: 23851            ascending the path to the memorial plateau
    Uruk: 23922              the windswept remains of a statue
    Maligorn: ?              a burning desert
    Aislynn: 23851           ascending the path to the memorial plateau
    Zouviqil: 23922          the windswept remains of a statue
    Kelly: ?                 a burning desert
    Regin: 23851             ascending the path to the memorial plateau
    Elanorwen: ?             a burning desert
    Casandra: 23851          ascending the path to the memorial plateau
    Daebach: ?               a burning desert
    Johan: 23922             the windswept remains of a statue
    Akyaevin: 23922          the windswept remains of a statue
    Vadi: 23880              mounting the white stone stairs
    Zhesle: ?                a burning desert
    Xenthos: 23851           ascending the path to the memorial plateau
    Avurekhos: ?             a burning desert
    Svorai: 23851            ascending the path to the memorial plateau
    Crek: 23922              the windswept remains of a statue

15 to 8, and they still had reinforcements waiting in the wings.

Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
    So glad we spent an hour putting up shrines and such in all those places, they were so well used.

• edited January 2014

How long until we get a BT who pretends to be Tonto from Lone Rranger? :D

• RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    Synkarin said:
    If statutes, bard guards, walls, rubble, barrier, gp isn't stopping charge, why would stand firm
    vOv he just said barrier and gpent. Barrier doesn't let you use walls...so I assumed it was a gpent problem. Sounds really broken!
    It goes through GP/Barrier. If you use a physical wall it stops at the wall, teleports into the target's room, and drags your target back with you to where the wall impeded progress.

• XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    I feel like that is:
    1) The kind of bug that should not be posted on the forums, and
    2) Issueable.
  • I definitely second it being issuable. I'm kinda split on the posting to the forums bit; while it's generally not a good thing to spread bugs around, odds are the people who would abuse them would find out about them anyway and the people who wouldn't abuse them are left in the dark not knowing what's happening, so... yeah.
  • We had this entire plan about the tainted broadcasting centre, flame-monolith'd the whole place, had our laborers all controlling the queens, totally impregnable.

Then we never used any of it.
    I'd rather point out and go "Ok it's this bug, you know it's a bug, and now you know not to use it." There's no opportunity to feign ignorance now, and more people are aware it's a bug, so if someone does do it, others can also issue.

This one's a gamebreaker and has been abused. I'm not going to call names but I am going to put a stop to it by raising awareness. It's been bugged and said bug isn't even classified yet, so I don't see it getting fixed before Ascension is done.

edited January 2014
    Morkarion said:
    I'd rather point out and go "Ok it's this bug, you know it's a bug, and now you know not to use it." There's no opportunity to feign ignorance now, and more people are aware it's a bug, so if someone does do it, others can also issue.

This one's a gamebreaker and has been abused. I'm not going to call names but I am going to put a stop to it by raising awareness. It's been bugged and said bug isn't even classified yet, so I don't see it getting fixed before Ascension is done.
    It does not matter what you'd "rather," what matters is that it is specifically against the forum rules to do so.

To quote them:
    10. Posting bugs Details of bugs may be posted onto the forums so long as:
    1. The information given does not enable other players to abuse them;
    2. Information is not given regarding quest spoilers or IC information;
    3. The post is not acting as a substitute for a bug report.
    So to reiterate:
    It sounds a lot like a bug, the details should not be posted on the forums, and if someone abuses it they should be issued.  No real reason to discuss it further.
    edited January 2014
    I don't see how making everyone aware it's a bug gives players the option to abuse it, knowing if they ever use it, they're going to get issued, this post isn't a substitute for a bug report, nor is it a guide on "ok so this how to replicate it."

There's a difference between giving details to explain why it's broken and what to look out for, and explaining "hey so this really cool thing happens if you x then y and z". Otherwise what's the point in saying "Details of bugs may be posted" if not to allow people to inform?

edited January 2014
    Morkarion said:
    I don't see how making everyone aware it's a bug gives players the option to abuse it, knowing if they ever use it, they're going to get issued, this post isn't a substitute for a bug report, nor is it a guide on "ok so this how to replicate it."

There's a difference between giving details to explain why it's broken and what to look out for, and explaining "hey so this really cool thing happens if you x then y and z". Otherwise what's the point in saying "Details of bugs may be posted" if not to allow people to inform?
    You gave the exact information on how to abuse it.

Edit: As an edit, the point of "allowing details to be posted" is for things like quest bugs, you can discuss them in depth as long as they don't give a mechanical benefit or something that can be abused (same with other bugs).  You're not supposed to post details that allow for a mechanical benefit, that is the entire point of the rule. :/
    I gave the exact information of how to tell if someone is abusing it, not the information on various ways it can be abused, of course telling you what I haven't mentioned would be defeating the purpose. Fact is now everyone knows the next time it gets abused (as it has done several times recently) and people can issue if they see it in effect.

• SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    I just want to say I think it's pretty poor to allow someone who is just botting around picking hamsters up win credits in this competition. At the very least they should manually move around.

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
    Neos said:
    You snort and snuffle at the air, sensing through a ridiculous pig nose upon
    your face the faint traces of others in the surrounding area.
    Aerdiya: 23851           ascending the path to the memorial plateau
    Rialorm: 23851           ascending the path to the memorial plateau
    Morkarion: 23922         the windswept remains of a statue
    Anita: 23851             ascending the path to the memorial plateau
    Romaan: ?                a burning desert
    Haezon: 23851            ascending the path to the memorial plateau
    Uruk: 23922              the windswept remains of a statue
    Maligorn: ?              a burning desert
    Aislynn: 23851           ascending the path to the memorial plateau
    Zouviqil: 23922          the windswept remains of a statue
    Kelly: ?                 a burning desert
    Regin: 23851             ascending the path to the memorial plateau
    Elanorwen: ?             a burning desert
    Casandra: 23851          ascending the path to the memorial plateau
    Daebach: ?               a burning desert
    Johan: 23922             the windswept remains of a statue
    Akyaevin: 23922          the windswept remains of a statue
    Vadi: 23880              mounting the white stone stairs
    Zhesle: ?                a burning desert
    Xenthos: 23851           ascending the path to the memorial plateau
    Avurekhos: ?             a burning desert
    Svorai: 23851            ascending the path to the memorial plateau
    Crek: 23922              the windswept remains of a statue

15 to 8, and they still had reinforcements waiting in the wings.

Well, yes, why should people log on when the leaders of their org are posting about how they stand no chance to do anything in this ascension. I know I wouldn't bother to try if they weren't

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
    Also when your best combatants spend the time running around grabbing hamsters instead of helping to fight, you can't really blame the side that mustered their reckless newbies through leading by example, to back up their numbers, for the way things went.

• CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    Ironically, Malarious got stuck on icewynd with no shrines, melds, and for a while, no one guarding him. It wasn't the fortress situation like last year. There was a real chance to take it if leaders hadnt called it quits beforehand. Bad attitudes ftl.
  • NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    What people? The number of people in Celest who actively participate in combat is pretty small. At most maybe 3 of them weren't present. Knowing that with the way things are currently that a specific side is going to win does not mean I won't show up for a fight every now and then, else I'd have quit playing Lusternia a while back. Just because I know one day I'm going to die doesn't mean that I decide to stop trying to live my life.
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
  • Well, techincally, ftw in Malarious' case.
    Neos said:
    What people? The number of people in Celest who actively participate in combat is pretty small. At most maybe 3 of them weren't present. Knowing that with the way things are currently that a specific side is going to win does not mean I won't show up for a fight every now and then, else I'd have quit playing Lusternia a while back. Just because I know one day I'm going to die doesn't mean that I decide to stop trying to live my life.
    Are we talking about people that actively participate or people that can participate? Because if you look at the list you posted about 'actively participate in combat' you can cross like half of that 15 off the list. At this point you are just making excuses, but turns out poor attitudes have a much larger impact on participation than anything else. 

And turns out you have more than just Celest players at your disposal! But, yes, continue to make excuses as to why you have no chance and shouldn't even bother contending in any of these events. I'm sure that's totally going to help

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    I don't know if you can call him a loser when he wasn't trying to place.
This discussion has been closed.