Lack of Raves V: Stark Ravin' Glad

Comments

• I was actually discussing the whole newbie scene with Morkarion shortly after the Death Challenge. One issue that I see, personally, is that not many of our newbies seem to feel all that interested in combative pursuits. While I respect that, it's certainly frustrating. We're eager to answer questions and teach where it's desired, but we're not mind-readers; we can't seek out every one of the newbies who DO want to learn to fight.

I tried to encourage everyone on CT to get into the Combat Rankings and use SparWho. I actually managed to convert @Elayde to the combat scene, a little bit. And @Maligorn doesn't give himself enough credit. But at the end of the day, that's nothing compared to the euphoria the newbies on the 'other side' get when they win while learning.
    The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "The Challenge of Life has ended!"
    The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Aerys stands as the Champion of Life!"
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    I said this after Anniversary games death, and I'll agree with @Aerys and say it again, more prime based no xp loss FFA PK please!

Just possibly without the whole PvE aspect so everyone can get involved next time >.>

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    edited February 2014
    A wild free-PK event would be pretty fun and I'm sure a lot of people on the fence about combat would feel a lot more encouraged to give it a go if there's no risk. Once they become comfortable with it they'd start jumping in more on the regular stuff. I feel like frequent wargames were a good jumping-on tool, but from what I've seen, those don't happen as often anymore!
    I think people got cynical of wargames when certain people use to try and fix teams when it was meant to be random. But I'm entirely for more combat opportunities for people to dip a toe in the water, the fact they don't give xp/essence loss is a massive attraction factor to people who don't want to step in normally. More events should be xp loss free, revolt deaths for a start.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• MunsiaMunsia The Supreme Goddess
    Actually, yeah, that's why I do not play in arena wargames at all. They are usually loaded dice. 
  • Arena FFAs are rare too. Might be nice having a few of those.
  • SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    Well, when you join the queue, actually join the Wargames/FFA.

It usually just ends up being Enyalida and me staring at each other. That's no fun.
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
    The little things that can cheer up a day when you're just exhausted, it doesn't require someone doing a great deal or even much thought on behalf of the do-er most times, but they really can make you laugh.

Most of the time those people are never aware of it either so here's a rave for you.

• My rave is for this last wildnodes!

I do not think my org actually took a single node, but I showed up briefly and was asked to help. Oh boy was it a doozy.  It is not that anyone was bad, it made me feel crafty, and sometimes a little dirty.  So I loved every bit of it.   From keeping people from grouping, to making some really unusual plans that worked out, to hardlocking someone and walking off to get the node they were protecting.  I had 6 node steals, and every one of them had their own thing associated with it!

Days you feel extra witty are always good days, I am glad Hallifax showed up. Also a minor ego bump that I think Mag would have lost without me ^_^
  • ZouviqilZouviqil Queen of Uberjerkiness
    Raves for RP, specifically the... I think hour or two?... I spent RPing with @Haezon. And now the RP with @Hiriako. Character growth FTW.
  • TurnusTurnus The Big Bad Wolf
    I just have to say all the raves for @Everiine, @Calythan, and whatever other admin might have been involved with that Serenguard rite.

It was full of so much awesome.

~--------------**--------------~

The original picture of Turnus is still viewable here, again by Feyrll.
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Especially since it was completely unexpected. I'll post the log soon, as soon as I clean it up. But I can say, without hesitation, it was the most enjoyable experience I've had in a long, long time. Whomever was responsible, I can't thank you enough. It was incredible.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • Okay I'm still rusty but I got to log out on a good roleplaying note and I didn't think a farewell phrase would make me so giddy but yeah I have to stop this run-on sentence. <3
    Active: Monday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday EST

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    Raves for the usual bunch (@Zouviqil, @Anita) for their usual awesomeness in the rp. Special rave for @Idrazil for his help in my failed epic try.
    Great fighting on Faethorn and Etherseren tonight, good to see the North coming out and trying something other than rush, seemed to work pretty well guys!

• Today has been an amazing day of RP <3

And then that fight tonight to top it off. I may have died (boo) but it was enjoyable :D
  • Morkarion said:
    Great fighting on Faethorn and Etherseren tonight, good to see the North coming out and trying something other than rush, seemed to work pretty well guys!
    I didn't stick around for all of it, but I'm hearing that the majority of everyone who took part enjoyed it. So I'm really happy to hear that! Some folks have the right attitude, today.
    The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "The Challenge of Life has ended!"
    The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Aerys stands as the Champion of Life!"
  • edited February 2014
    Shuyin said:
    I bet they twerked their antlers to get in the right mindset
    I officially hate that word. Twerk. :(

But, to rave about something, tonight's random curiosity led me to some interesting roleplay with @Morkarion and @Irillia. Thank you both.
  • edited February 2014
    Just a heads up, really grateful for lots of roleplay coming my way. I find it more fun to work with the complex and hard stuff (@Zouviqil, @hiriako, @Kethaera), and be able to add some more depth to Haezon's character, which I didn't even know he had (Lol). Plus the people who talked to me afterwards.
    Retired.
  • Gettin' baby urths to help with rituals. Also, running rituals even though I'm hella slow at it. Gotta copypaste faster.

Only took me like an IRL year to go from having it written to actually performing it.
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    And yet another rave for @Tariel and the fun RP involving giant ballistic teacups. Had me grinning most of the day. Also a rave for @Mysrai for the chance at RP while I was invading the Godrealm on a search-and-rescue mission. :D

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals

Elanorwen said:
    And yet another rave for @Tariel and the fun RP involving giant ballistic teacups. Had me grinning most of the day. Also a rave for @Mysrai for the chance at RP while I was invading the Godrealm on a search-and-rescue mission. :D
    Yeah, that was fun. I just feel bad about being mostly quiet throughout the whole affair, with the whole deer-in-headlights thing going while I sat and thought, "Well good grief, how am I supposed to react to that?" Pretty sure Irillia had that problem too.

Still have to fix that pond, too!

• You're welcome @Haezon. It's always fun having RP. 
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    All the raves for @Diniah and @Ssaliss.  And @Idrazil.  You all know why.
This discussion has been closed.