QUOTES 8: THE QUOTING

Comments

• ZouviqilZouviqil Queen of Uberjerkiness
    (OOC): Celina says, "Celina comes in from the north like a WREEECKING BAALLLLL."
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    I just closed my eyes and swung...
  • ZouviqilZouviqil Queen of Uberjerkiness
    (The Myeran Community): Avurekhos says, "I'm on a mission....to spread my seed across the basin."

Context not required.
  • Nekotai should be able to cling to trees with their claws. I mean we can use them to climb up in there, dammit.
    You have received a new honour! Congratulations! On this day, you have shown your willingness to ensure a bug-free Lusternia for everyone to enjoy. The face of Iosai the Anomaly unfolds before you, and within you grows the knowledge that you have earned the elusive and rare honour of membership in Her Order.
    Curio Exchange - A website to help with the trading of curio pieces in Lusternia.
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Rialorm said:
    Nekotai should be able to cling to trees with their claws. I mean we can use them to climb up in there, dammit.
    I rather assume he has the skill in environment to cling. *shrug* That's all you get unless you've got crow.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    They can cling to trees with their calls! Against beckon, rad, chainyank, etc. Just not the OP wind.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Did auto-correct switch "claws" to "calls" on you?  It took me an extra pass to figure that one out.
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    I'm imagining the Nekotai running around with duck calls now, speaking through the language of the ducks.  And I am pleased.
  • Kotul en-Kui Kay Talnara says, "I am still neurotic."

"Let's get cHaOtic!!!" Kay exclaims.

I'm not sure why, but I found this pretty amusing. Maybe because it's a nearly intentional rhyme? :P
    --------
    "You are so much bigger than you think you are," She says, fervently. "You are a beacon of hope that shines through the world with every step you take. You are My beacon, Gabriella, and you shine even into the darkest of nightmares."
    --------
    The air sparkles with silver motes of light as a silken voice says, "You will see growth and strength where others will see weakness. You will walk with Us as a paragon of Serenwilde's power, for you have already walked this path before."
  • [Covenant] (Ebonguard): Karlach (from the Prime Material Plane) says, "Psht, [redacted] is as much a threat as the the ant squashed under my boot heel."
    [Covenant] (Ebonguard): Idrazil (from the Ethereal Plane) says, "I noticed she avoids taking risk."
    [Covenant] (Ebonguard): Karlach (from the Prime Material Plane) says, "She won't be a problem."
    [Covenant] (Ebonguard): Xenthos (from the Prime Material Plane) says, "Why did you even bother squishing the ant?"
    [Covenant] (Ebonguard): Karlach (from the Prime Material Plane) says, "Unintentional, it just happened to be where I was walking."
    [Covenant] (Ebonguard): Karlach (from the Prime Material Plane) says, "I'm not going to step around it."
    [Covenant] (Ebonguard): Xenthos (from the Prime Material Plane) says, "Ahh. You need wings, clearly."
    [Covenant] (Ebonguard): Xenthos (from the Prime Material Plane) says, "You could just float over it, you know."
    [Covenant] (Ebonguard): Karlach (from the Prime Material Plane) says, "I like the feel of the ground beneath my feet."
    [Covenant] (Ebonguard): Xenthos (from the Prime Material Plane) says, "And the ants, I suppose."

I couldn't stop myself from grinning at this. :P
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Rykinia said:
    [Covenant] (Ebonguard): Karlach (from the Prime Material Plane) says, "Psht, [redacted] is as much a threat as the the ant squashed under my boot heel."
    [Covenant] (Ebonguard): Idrazil (from the Ethereal Plane) says, "I noticed she avoids taking risk."
    [Covenant] (Ebonguard): Karlach (from the Prime Material Plane) says, "She won't be a problem."
    [Covenant] (Ebonguard): Xenthos (from the Prime Material Plane) says, "Why did you even bother squishing the ant?"
    [Covenant] (Ebonguard): Karlach (from the Prime Material Plane) says, "Unintentional, it just happened to be where I was walking."
    [Covenant] (Ebonguard): Karlach (from the Prime Material Plane) says, "I'm not going to step around it."
    [Covenant] (Ebonguard): Xenthos (from the Prime Material Plane) says, "Ahh. You need wings, clearly."
    [Covenant] (Ebonguard): Xenthos (from the Prime Material Plane) says, "You could just float over it, you know."
    [Covenant] (Ebonguard): Karlach (from the Prime Material Plane) says, "I like the feel of the ground beneath my feet."
    [Covenant] (Ebonguard): Xenthos (from the Prime Material Plane) says, "And the ants, I suppose."

I couldn't stop myself from grinning at this. :P
    Why bother quoting if you're going to censor the person they're talking about. I'm now going to assume it's me and point and laugh at Karla.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    edited March 2014
    Because quotes regarding people in the past have caused problems when names get dropped?

Don't worry though Marvin, we weren't talking about you, though we're now all pointing and laughing at your paranoia where you can't read about it.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• I had cling. I forgot it was working because I gagged it when I was a druid. >.< 
  • I'm actually not sure if cling works to stop wind blowing you out of trees. I can't remember, but I'm tempted to say it doesn't help, because I remember hating wind with a passion back when I liked to do my newbie tours by bringing them to a trees position (and I still do), and I've had cling for a long time. But then again, I've mostly been doing my tours via tells nowadays, so it may just be my memory playing tricks on me.

Either way, wind blowing out of trees and hiding says is irritating beyond belief. Please delete them.

• EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    I'm pretty sure that's the main purpose of cling, to keep you from being blown out of the tree.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.

• Morkarion said:
    Because quotes regarding people in the past have caused problems when names get dropped?

Don't worry though Marvin, we weren't talking about you, though we're now all pointing and laughing at your paranoia where you can't read about it.
    Pretty much this. It's just common decency, especially considering the quote had nothing to do with the person that first line was said about (Not in my mind, at least) - but the banter between the two.
  • MunsiaMunsia The Supreme Goddess
    Everiine said:
    I'm pretty sure that's the main purpose of cling, to keep you from being blown out of the tree.
    Yeah....
  • Does that count as art imitating life?
    #NoWireHangersEver

Vive l'apostrophe!
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    (Ooc Clan): Parua says, "Because lesbians."
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Message #777 sent by (system) (received: 2014/03/11 14:43:34)
       A curious young kitten, your loyal companion, has been slain by Synkarin.

:(:(:(
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • (Nothing Suspicious): Persayis (from the Prime Material Plane) says, "*catches in mouth*."

(Nothing Suspicious): Persayis (from the Prime Material Plane) says, "Mis."

(Nothing Suspicious): Idrazil says, "Kinky."

(Nothing Suspicious): Persayis (from the Prime Material Plane) says, "For the record that's a chocolate bunny."

(Nothing Suspicious): You say, "I'm assuming that's not what I'm thinking."

(Nothing Suspicious): Karlach (from the Prime Material Plane) says, "Context was required."

(Nothing Suspicious): Idrazil says, "If you like to call her that."

(Nothing Suspicious): Persayis (from the Prime Material Plane) says, "I blame alary."

(Nothing Suspicious): Xenthos (from the Aetherways) says, "Do not eat chocolate bunnies."

(Nothing Suspicious): Karlach (from the Prime Material Plane) says, "Many people do."

(Nothing Suspicious): Persayis (from the Prime Material Plane) says, "Ears first."

(Nothing Suspicious): Alary (from the Prime Material Plane) says, "Course, I threw it at her. It's all my fault."

Ah, sometimes mistells are hilarious.

Retired.
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Steingrim says, "Let me get it up."

No context needed.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• KagatoKagato Auckland, New Zealand
    Shaddus said:
    A cloud manta has skewered Lilian straight through the heart.
    You see the death occur at outer rim of the cloud maelstrom. 

I can't help but wonder if that is a Steve Irwin reference considering he died to a Stingray spike through the heart >_>
    Never put passion before principle.  Even if you win, you lose.

If olive oil comes from olives, where does baby oil come from?

If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?