Tweets V: Tweet and Tower

Comments

• I agree and disagree. People can express their opinion if it's reasonable and respectful. But there is a difference between being assertive and forum RPing your hate for another user.

"A man's not dead while his name is still spoken."  - Terry Pratchett 1948-2015

• There is a difference between debating or disagreeing, and clouding up communal space with vitriol and spew that serves no purpose other than to antagonize. Take it to PMs. 
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    edited March 2014

Look, that's great. Your opinion is lovely and I fully support your choice to have that perspective. It's apparent you think tweets is only for...I don't know...Hallifax jokes and pleas for people to get along. To you, those are "contributions." It's whatever. By all means, that's your perogative and I absolutely do not intend to tell you what is a tweet or not a tweet. As long as you are dwelling within the rules of the forums, I'm not going to interject. Because it's a forum, where people can talk about whatever they want, in a reasonably civil manner.

I happen to believe sarcasm is tweetable (and wonderfully entertaining). Even disagreements are tweetable. Even if (*gasp*) the people don't like one another. Because it's a Tweet thread in a MUD forum, not the Emancipation Proclamation.

If you want to be a mommy, go have kids.

edit: "Vitriol" is a harsh, nasty criticism. I would argue parroting the same "toxic," and "vitriol" rhetoric is equally unconstructive, especially when neither word actually applies to anything that was said.

• Actually, I think a Tweets thread is a terrible idea, partially because it's not really a Tweets thread and partially because it's a hideous death trap where moderators go to die. But that's neither here nor there. Nor,  indeed, is my enjoyment of Hallifax jokes relevant!
    Jadice, the Frost Queen says to you, "Constant vigilance."

Well hey, if you can misuse "vitriol," I get a freebie too.

• You may perhaps have confused me with someone else? I don't use words I don't mean!
    edited March 2014

I was responding to Tajalli. With sarcasm. If all you got from that was something aboutHallifax jokes (which, by all means, continue to enjoy and partake in), I suspect this is a doomed conversation. Continue to carebear care if that's your thing.

BUT ANWAYS, I suspect this is bound to get moderator attention soon as now we have actually managed to get far off topic.

• Man, tripartate discussions are in fact tough! I'm very sorry what you've gotten from my point of view is that I want the forums to be a fluffy cuddlebunny land, because that's neither what I said or what I meant. You're right, though, that this discussion is functionally useless, and so I'll take my own advice and abandon a pointless thread of conversation. :)
  • See Viravain by the Ravenwood. Get super nervous. Use the wrong emote. Manage not to totally incur Her wrath. Dodged that bullet, whewt. Heavily considering apology offering just to be safe >_>
    You have received a new honour! Congratulations! On this day, you have shown your willingness to ensure a bug-free Lusternia for everyone to enjoy. The face of Iosai the Anomaly unfolds before you, and within you grows the knowledge that you have earned the elusive and rare honour of membership in Her Order.
    Curio Exchange - A website to help with the trading of curio pieces in Lusternia.
  • TacitaTacita <3s Xynthin 4eva!!!11
    The hilarious part of that is that I also inclined to her rather than bowing and did not get told off. >.>
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    And an actual tweet... 60% of my hp in one hit, go go monks!

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.

• Tacita said:
    The hilarious part of that is that I also inclined to her rather than bowing and did not get told off. >.>
    We all know you are so awesome that can totally be forgiven. I'm a nobody still by comparison. Heck, I used to be intimidated by Tacita at the start.

This is totally not how I'd imagined having the slightest of effect on ingame history, but at the same time I can chuckle about it. Sometimes it can be an opportunity when we make OOC mistakes and it leads to things unfolding IC different than how they would normally go. So, I'll roll with it.
    You have received a new honour! Congratulations! On this day, you have shown your willingness to ensure a bug-free Lusternia for everyone to enjoy. The face of Iosai the Anomaly unfolds before you, and within you grows the knowledge that you have earned the elusive and rare honour of membership in Her Order.
    Curio Exchange - A website to help with the trading of curio pieces in Lusternia.
  • Here's the thing, though-- if you're just doing petty sniping (as you two were above), you aren't contributing anything to the forum environment. I'm a firm believer that if a discussion isn't contributing anything but letting everyone know that you don't like each other (which, news flash, everyone already does, because you take every opportunity to tell us), then it doesn't need to be happening here.

But hey. I'm not a moderator, thank goodness. If you want to keep treating the Internet like middle school, it's your God-given right to do so.
    I don't dislike Celina.  My character certainly doesn't care for her in the game, but she is a virtual stranger(no pun intended) to me.  Likewise the tweet itself was not actually involving her or even any org she is tied with.  If you're genuinely bothered by our banter then I apologize, but I can't speak on behalf of anyone else.  

I'm just universally bitchy.
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    Tetra said:

Gotta love it when people ragestatus yogu.  :-h

See, enemying because you are trying to dreamweave attack a couple of noobs in the city doesn't qualify as 'ragestatus.'

You attacked people, and got enemied for it.

It's simple really, but gogo forum rage post.

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • Synkarin said:
    See, enemying because you are trying to dreamweave attack a couple of noobs in the city doesn't qualify as 'ragestatus.' You attacked people, and got enemied for it. It's simple really, but gogo forum rage post.

You were getting pretty verbose in your status declaration, which implied otherwise.  Just an observation.  You make it out to seem as if I were complaining about it.  I didn't "try" to attack them, I did attack them and could have easily killed them if that was my intention.

Beyond that, I'm glad you enemied me. That is the point of conflict, you get enemied.

Tetra said:

Synkarin said:

Tetra said:

See, enemying because you are trying to dreamweave attack a couple of noobs in the city doesn't qualify as 'ragestatus.'

You attacked people, and got enemied for it.

It's simple really, but gogo forum rage post.

You were getting pretty verbose in your status declaration, which implied otherwise.  Just an observation.  You make it out to seem as if I were complaining about it.  I didn't "try" to attack them, I did attack them and could have easily killed them if that was my intention.

Beyond that, I'm glad you enemied me. That is the point of conflict, you get enemied.

I didn't realize a sentence was verbose, people complain when the reason isn't detailed enough, so seems you can't win.

You complain a lot and try to justify it with silly logic. Just an observation. Obviously I was raging because I used verbose language to clarify the status. It's nothing personal, just RP. Glad you can distinguish between them.

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • How does one 'win'?  If you think there is some competition going on then I don't know what to say to you, dear.

edited March 2014
    Tetra said:

How does one 'win'?  If you think there is some competition going on then I don't know what to say to you, dear.

I thought it was obvious. Too brief a status explanation, people complain, too verbose, you're rage statusing.

Someone is always unhappy, so you can't win.

Nice try though

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • Synkarin said:
    How does one 'win'?  If you think there is some competition going on then I don't know what to say to you, dear.
    I thought it was obvious. Too brief a status explanation, people complain, too verbose, you're rage statusing. Someone is always unhappy, so you can't win. Nice try though

Who's unhappy?  The only one who is still going on about it is you.

Tetra said:

Synkarin said:

Tetra said:

I thought it was obvious. Too brief a status explanation, people complain, too verbose, you're rage statusing.

Someone is always unhappy, so you can't win.

Nice try though

Who's unhappy?  The only one who is still going on about it is you.

Says the guy continuing to respond, I find it humorous that you rage post, then claim you aren't unhappy. Makes it really clear who the unhappy one is. Always good for a giggle, thanks

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • Yes.  I was unhappy that you didn't enemy me to Gaudiguch.

Tetra said:

Yes.  I was unhappy that you didn't enemy me to Gaudiguch.

Yeah, you obviously don't think things through, check Stat dear. Gaudi came first

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    LADIES, LADIES. YOU'RE ALLLLLL PRETTY.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Synkarin said:
    Yeah, you obviously don't think things through, check Stat dear. Gaudi came first

No, because I don't even really know what you are saying to me at this point.  Thank you for brining that to my attention, I hadn't checked.

• XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Tetra said:
    Synkarin said:

No, because I don't even really know what you are saying to me at this point.  Thank you for brining that to my attention, I hadn't checked.
    When did your attention become a turkey?
  • Xenthos said:
    Tetra said:
    Synkarin said:

When did your attention become a turkey?
    It's not a turkey, it's a cucumber. Obviously.
    I'm Lucidian. If I don't get pedantic every so often, I might explode.
This discussion has been closed.