Tweets V: Tweet and Tower

Comments

• SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    Can we swap wyrdenwood and pyrochem?!
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    edited March 2014

Oh, you're confused. I don't care about blame games or "fault." I'm commenting on behavior.

You have the spam spitter who used guards to gank a person at a nexus they were welcomed at for, by your own account, no real reason.

Then you have the guy who made a point to cause an epic fuss over getting ganked in faethorn when he was "uninvolved" or "just watching" the raid going 10 rooms away...now ganking legitimately uninvoled people in retaliation to, also by your own account, a gank that failed to kill you.

So here's the deal with being a PKer, we are all lumped together. We're a community within a community, and more than the RPers, designers, or any other other subgroup, we are subject to very broad stereotyping and generalizations. The imporant part of this is that the health of the PK environment of any given game is assessed by outsiders based on the generalizations of the game specific pk community. These generalizations are often the worst aspects (or individuals) of our community, because they are often the most visible. Now, you'll have some that argue it's the "griefers" or the unapologetic raiders that "ruin" the PK environent for outsiders. This is false. An active PK community supercedes these aspects when we are discussing what draws PKers to a game. What becomes a detriment to the growth of the community is poor sportsmanship. PKers are generally pretty liberal in what they accept from other PKers in terms of motivations, "because I like to PK," is almost always enough of a reason to satisfy the question "why did you do that?" However, spam spite emotes (who was the guy that used to spam the rofl emote when they were getting murdered?), PKers using guards to get back at one another. and double standards for what you allow from others and from yourself/your team create an environment of dishonesty and negativity. It creates pettiness that reaches far beyond the scope of the pk environment. If you have to answer "Why did you do that?" with some convoluted story involving spam spitting, guard ganking, astral mobbing, lowbie decapping, OOC clan booting he-said-she-said...

The moral of the story is: Be a griefy asshole if you want, but don't be a petty, spiteful, hypocritical, griefy asshole. It makes us all look bad. 

And this has been an episode of Celina's Ramblngs: An Unsolicited PK Health Perspective.

• ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Celina said:

Oh, you're confused. I don't care about blame games or "fault." I'm commenting on behavior.

You have the spam spitter who used guards to gank a person at a nexus they were welcomed at for, by your own account, no real reason.

Then you have the guy who made a point to cause an epic fuss over getting ganked in faethorn when he was "uninvolved" or "just watching" the raid going 10 rooms away...now ganking legitimately uninvoled people in retaliation to, also by your own account, a gank that failed to kill you.

So here's the deal with being a PKer, we are all lumped together. We're a community within a community, and more than the RPers, designers, or any other other subgroup, we are subject to very broad stereotyping and generalizations. The imporant part of this is that the health of the PK environment of any given game is assessed by outsiders based on the generalizations of the game specific pk community. These generalizations are often the worst aspects (or individuals) of our community, because they are often the most visible. Now, you'll have some that argue it's the "griefers" or the unapologetic raiders that "ruin" the PK environent for outsiders. This is false. An active PK community supercedes these aspects when we are discussing what draws PKers to a game. What becomes a detriment to the growth of the community is poor sportsmanship. PKers are generally pretty liberal in what they accept from other PKers in terms of motivations, "because I like to PK," is almost always enough of a reason to satisfy the question "why did you do that?" However, spam spite emotes (who was the guy that used to spam the rofl emote when they were getting murdered?), PKers using guards to get back at one another. and double standards for what you allow from others and from yourself/your team create an environment of dishonesty and negativity. It creates pettiness that reaches far beyond the scope of the pk environment. If you have to answer "Why did you do that?" with some convoluted story involving spam spitting, guard ganking, astral mobbing, lowbie decapping, OOC clan booting he-said-she-said...

The moral of the story is: Be a griefy asshole if you want, but don't be a petty, spiteful, hypocritical, griefy asshole. It makes us all look bad. 

And this has been an episode of Celina's Ramblngs: An Unsolicited PK Health Perspective.

Actually, get your facts straight before making comments. Or at least the whole story. Whatever, I have a temper that I lost there and I apologized later for doing so. The enemying thing was not for "no reason at all" as you'd like to put it either, but hey, it's always Elanorwen's fault, no matter what happens, yeah?

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    This post was going to be filled with an angsty, snappish attack at Celina and how apparently her time "away" from Lusternia gave her a voice of reason. Instead, I'll just say that I made a mistake, worse things have happened, time to move on. If Marcella wants back into the clan, she can rejoin the clan. 

As for Deino being a lowbie, she's ranked 271st and I've seen her on raids. Just saying.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Synkarin said:
    actually it depends on how verbose the reasoning is. the more verbose the more you're lashing out. this is been established don't you read forums ?

When your status declaration consists of, "He is attacking the defenseless, behaving like a true coward that he is."  

Rather than "Dreamweave attacking citizens in the city".  

Yeah, that doesn't scream 'I'm butthurt for being snubbed'.

Your whole argument of being descriptive so people know what happened is BS.    But good job peppering this thread with your passive aggressive jetsam and flotsam.

"A man's not dead while his name is still spoken."  - Terry Pratchett 1948-2015

edited March 2014
    As for booting people for OOC reasons, I didn't see people besides myself complaining when Talan kicked Maerad out of the fully-Hallifaxian clan because she was playing Tacita during the Death Seal. :/

Edit: Or when Shaddus was kicked out of Jhagar because I was playing Pesukaru more.  8-|
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
    Damn. Iasmos wins the thread.
    edited March 2014
    Elanorwen said:
    Celina said:

Actually, get your facts straight before making comments. Or at least the whole story. Whatever, I have a temper that I lost there and I apologized later for doing so. The enemying thing was not for "no reason at all" as you'd like to put it either, but hey, it's always Elanorwen's fault, no matter what happens, yeah?
    #victimcomplexproblems
    Shaddus said:
    This post was going to be filled with an angsty, snappish attack at Celina and how apparently her time "away" from Lusternia gave her a voice of reason. Instead, I'll just say that I made a mistake, worse things have happened, time to move on. If Marcella wants back into the clan, she can rejoin the clan. 

As for Deino being a lowbie, she's ranked 271st and I've seen her on raids. Just saying.
    I'm still the same person with the same opinions. I just sound more reasonable when I'm not actively ganking you.
    Daraius said:
    I remember a long time ago insisting that Hallifax didn't have cliques, then I realized I just wasn't in the cool kids' group. :D
    We tried to invite you to the clubhouse, but you refused :(
  • ShuyinShuyin The pug life chose me.
    I'm feeling pretty good about not giving people boot privileges in PF now. Definitely a good move.

Self congratulatory pat on the back here.

Gg kicking people out of your clan due to not liking their main, dying ingame, competing against them or even just belonging to an enemy org.

PS Shaddus makes the best tweets. He actually mentions exact situations and doesnt make vague facebook tweets.
    :( Now I feel bad. 
  • Forget Beacon of Harmony. Halli's real city title is Revenge of the Nerds.
    Jadice, the Frost Queen says to you, "Constant vigilance."
    Change of conversation tweet:

I was told by a person in an order that my designed tattoo of their god looked really good. /glee
  • NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    Shuyin said:
    I'm feeling pretty good about not giving people boot privileges in PF now. Definitely a good move. Self congratulatory pat on the back here. Gg kicking people out of your clan due to not liking their main, dying ingame, competing against them or even just belonging to an enemy org. PS Shaddus makes the best tweets. He actually mentions exact situations and doesnt make vague facebook tweets.
    You're a vage facebook tweet.
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
    It's not the worst thing I've been called. I'll take it.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Typo and all?

You are very cordial.
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    It's not a typo. Vage is just an amalgam of vague and rage.

I'm totally not making this up.

Sojiro incites rage even in typos.  Impressive.
    Xenthos said:
    Typo and all?

You are very cordial.
    I swear I fixed it, but Vivet's cover works for me.
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
    People don't get booted from PF, though they do ragequit on occasion
    Neos said:
    Shuyin said:
    I'm feeling pretty good about not giving people boot privileges in PF now. Definitely a good move. Self congratulatory pat on the back here. Gg kicking people out of your clan due to not liking their main, dying ingame, competing against them or even just belonging to an enemy org. PS Shaddus makes the best tweets. He actually mentions exact situations and doesnt make vague facebook tweets.

Neos said:
    Xenthos said:
    Typo and all?

You are very cordial.
    You totally did not fix it; it is still there even after this post! :o
    I wouldn't ragequit PF, the emotes are too epic. I'd love to be able to do them without a stole/mask
    Xenthos said:
    Neos said:
    Shuyin said:

Neos said:
    Xenthos said:
    Typo and all?

You are very cordial.
    You totally did not fix it; it is still there even after this post! :o
    When I was writing the post! I saw the typo, fixed it, then pressed the post comment button, but something went wrong it seems!

Signature!

Celina said:
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
    I feel like letting people cltoff or quit on their own is a better antidrama measure than forcefully kicking them out. At least they are in control all the way to the end.

You know what is the best measure? Taking it to tells and not arguing about it publically.
    Shuyin said:
    I feel like letting people cltoff or quit on their own is a better antidrama measure than forcefully kicking them out. At least they are in control all the way to the end. You know what is the best measure? Taking it to tells and not arguing about it publically.
    I disagree. Let's argue about it publically.
This discussion has been closed.