General Dissatisfaction

Comments

• Portius said:
    Dear person who lives below me,

I recognize that since you are not a particularly intelligent man, you might need some friendly tips about how to cook bacon. That's alright, it's nothing to be ashamed of. I'm here to help.

1)Consider cooking bacon when you're sober. While some recipes do call for beer, you're supposed to add it to the food and not the chef.

2)You should probably have some clothes on when you're frying things, too. It helps prevent little accidents like spraying oil on yourself, which might make you less likely to abandon your frying bacon.

3)If in spite of these tips you still set off a fire alarm, you should try not to tackle the fireman who asks if you're ok. He really doesn't appreciate it.

On the plus side, it was really hilarious watching a tour guide try to explain away the naked drunk who was tackling a fireman to the prospective students. I bet you really made her day.
    This should have been under raves.  This would have made my night.

06/30/2014 19:37 Silvanus channels the power of the Megalith of Doom for you, stripping you of your Vernal Ascendant status.......bastard!!

• TurnusTurnus The Big Bad Wolf
    The ceiling in my bathroom was dripping water this morning. Called the apartment office to put in a complaint/service request right when they opened. Got home from work and it is STILL leaking, call the office and get "I'm sorry sir, no request was put in, on that apartment. I'll tell maintenance about it now"

F.

~--------------**--------------~

The original picture of Turnus is still viewable here, again by Feyrll.
  • Java. After weeks of failing to make a project work, I submitted it, hoping for feedback. I got a B on the assignment(no idea why) but the feedback was basically: You should make it do stuff.

Wow. Why didn't I think of that?
    "Chairwoman," Princess Setisoki states, holding up a hand in a gesture for her to stop and returning the cup. "That would be quite inappropriate. One of the males will serve me."
  • If you need a hand with Java, feel free to poke me. I've been coding in Java for a while now.
  • Work + Schooling = Dealing with egotistical boss. All day.. And at home via emails, calls every day!  7 more months... 7 more months.... Why I let the cert expire I have no idea..

Currently Playing in: The doctors office. One more needle and I might just lose it again.
  • Ssaliss said:
    If you need a hand with Java, feel free to poke me. I've been coding in Java for a while now.
    Thank you, @Ssaliss, I may take you up on that. :) This teacher is awful, and also the only who teaches the class. Whether or not I pass, I need to be able to do it.
    "Chairwoman," Princess Setisoki states, holding up a hand in a gesture for her to stop and returning the cup. "That would be quite inappropriate. One of the males will serve me."
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.

My computer has moved from "order received" to "released to the manufacturer." That's still weeks away from being delivered. :( At least it's progress.

• edited April 2014
    Turns out that one book that I need for my thesis is borrowed till my deadline. I can't even understand why somebody besides me would borrow it, since it's kinda specific. So, in the end I ordered it myself because I didn't want to suggest buying a second copy to the library, since probably nobody besides me and that mysterious person, who has it at the moment, would ever read that book. On the bright side...it sounds very interesting, so it won't hurt having my own copy....but the money <.< 

And apparently, I am stuck at compiling stuff since I can't find my Python installation...even though I know that I have the latest version somewhere....and 'locate' somehow doesn't seem to exist on my Mac...
  • KagatoKagato Auckland, New Zealand
    Were you loaning from a local library or a university one? Some universities can/do put out recall notices on books that other people want as well, giving the hiree a shorter borrowing length
    Never put passion before principle.  Even if you win, you lose.

If olive oil comes from olives, where does baby oil come from?

If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?
  • Office politics. The constant angst of those around me and their need to put others down simply because they are scared of their own position. Makes it all the more clear to me I did the right thing by setting up my side business. I shall use this as my motivation.

Until then though, I am having my mental shield drained by having to listen to this and pretend I feel sorry for them when I do not. Yes, I too once was convinced my only option was to be a wage slave and it make me very miserable, so maybe that makes me a hypocrite. 

But sheesh, all this group attitude does is make everyone miserable and angsty and I don't need that right now. Not does anyone else if they wish to resolve this. But saying that is a sure way to make yourself hugely unpopular. I think for my own sanity it may for once be best I keep my head down, but I don't like doing that. Cannot change people who don't want to change though :(
    You have received a new honour! Congratulations! On this day, you have shown your willingness to ensure a bug-free Lusternia for everyone to enjoy. The face of Iosai the Anomaly unfolds before you, and within you grows the knowledge that you have earned the elusive and rare honour of membership in Her Order.
    Curio Exchange - A website to help with the trading of curio pieces in Lusternia.
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    Decided to bake a cake tonight. Dropped said cake when I was taking it out of the pan. Duck me.
  • Tarkenton said:
    Decided to bake a cake tonight. Dropped said cake when I was taking it out of the pan. Duck me.
    :( That is terrible. 

Avatar by the most wondrous Feyrll
  • Helping to replace the ceiling in a bathroom today. Done putting up the drywall, exhaust fan is dropped in, about to work on the lighting fixture.

CRRAAAAACK.

Oh look, someone put their leg through the drywall. And bashed up a segment of the actual wall in the process. 

This was of course, several hours in on what turned into a 14 hour process.

• RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    Sudden onset of unexplainable anxiety and horrible insomnia ~_~ There will be no coffee strong enough.
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    My puppy potty training method entails taking him out every three hours on the dot for three straight days. By the third day those three hour intervals between midnight and 9 start to seem reeeeeally short. :-S
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • ZouviqilZouviqil Queen of Uberjerkiness
    Daraius said:
    My puppy potty training method entails taking him out every three hours on the dot for three straight days. By the third day those three hour intervals between midnight and 9 start to seem reeeeeally short. :-S
    You will find soon enough the hour your dog takes you for a walk.

Mine likes to walk me at about 4 in the morning. But only after first having her midnight walk.

Good luck with sleep!
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Daraius said:
    Welcome to the world of having a newborn ;)

• DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    But if this method works like it did on my other two dogs, we'll never have an indoor accident after tomorrow.  [-O<
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • Reminds me of my neighbor, who asked another neighbor to take care of his dog while he was gone.

He returned home to an empty house.  He called and asked the guy where his dog is.  Response was 'I took care of him, just like you asked.'

Not making that up.
    Stangmar - Retired

• Stangmar said:
    Reminds me of my neighbor, who asked another neighbor to take care of his dog while he was gone.

He returned home to an empty house.  He called and asked the guy where his dog is.  Response was 'I took care of him, just like you asked.'

Not making that up.
    ... my day is now ruined :( I'd have serious trouble not to 'take care' of the neighbour after that.
    You have received a new honour! Congratulations! On this day, you have shown your willingness to ensure a bug-free Lusternia for everyone to enjoy. The face of Iosai the Anomaly unfolds before you, and within you grows the knowledge that you have earned the elusive and rare honour of membership in Her Order.
    Curio Exchange - A website to help with the trading of curio pieces in Lusternia.
  • It's looking like I'm going to be on a liquid diet for the near future.  I believe I have developed a TMJ disorder, where the left joint for my jawbone is misaligned and keeps clicking and popping.  Only now the clicking and popping have stopped, leaving that side of my jaw locked shut :( .  The worst part is this requires a dentist's attention, and the HR company that my firm uses messed up my insurance enrollment, only giving me vision and medical.  I may have to wait until next year's enrollment period for dental benefits :( .

On a worse, and unrelated note:  PLEASE, my fellow gun enthusiasts, DO NOT mix alcohol and firearms. :(  A kid I grew up with was killed last week playing with his gun in bed while drunk.  
    Stangmar - Retired

• EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    Stangmar said:
    I believe I have developed a TMJ disorder, where the left joint for my jawbone is misaligned and keeps clicking and popping.  Only now the clicking and popping have stopped, leaving that side of my jaw locked shut
    I feel your pain. Quite literally. Also without insurance, have been suffering some kind of TMD for almost a year now.
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    In the past few days, I will have driven a total of like... 15 hours? Bluh.
  • Eritheyl said:
    Stangmar said:
    I believe I have developed a TMJ disorder, where the left joint for my jawbone is misaligned and keeps clicking and popping.  Only now the clicking and popping have stopped, leaving that side of my jaw locked shut
    I feel your pain. Quite literally. Also without insurance, have been suffering some kind of TMD for almost a year now.
    We'll get through this....I hope.  I'm fortunate in that there has been very little pain.  It did kind of hurt(sort of a strain type rather than a sharp pain) while chewing a breakfast burrito yesterday.  It seems like the problem should hopefully go away if I can keep myself from yawning and straining the muscles.  I usually skip breakfast, due to time constraints, I don't mind ice cream for lunch, and by night time my jaw should unlock and allow me to eat something(unless it continues to degenerate). 

It's just frustrating as all f**** knowing that I'm not 100%.  The jaw is super important, so I feel like it's natural selection saying "We're done with you". 
    Stangmar - Retired

• Ooh, surprise 100% XP buff from an achievement! Time to influence, or maybe lead my first aetherhunt!

Oh wait, nope. Can't do anything because Caerlyr's bored. Forgot.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    I've been asked to sing at a funeral today, for a 9 year old girl who went to the same school as my kids. This might be rough.

• Lavinya said:
    I've been asked to sing at a funeral today, for a 9 year old girl who went to the same school as my kids. This might be rough.

Hang in there.  I don't much enjoy participating in funerals, having been called on to speak at a couple of them(both for people I never met).  

Stangmar - Retired

• KagatoKagato Auckland, New Zealand
    Lavinya said:
    I hope to never ever have to attend a funeral of a child again. So devastating.
    Big hugs Lavinya, I know how hard it can be :(
    Never put passion before principle.  Even if you win, you lose.

If olive oil comes from olives, where does baby oil come from?

If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?